TCSSkin

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

41 minutes ago, wkdsoul said:

Nice, welcome back blue

Wkdsoul when will u be releasing your skin ..loved you own customized skin from the ss I can see from the past 3 years here and on fm base ..i know u won't share but just wanted to ask if there was a slight chance ..

thanks

Jassar 

Edited by alex1234

This is a massive improvement over your TCS 2017 skin that I used in FM17, the heading bar at the top of players/clubs especially is beautiful.

If I could make one suggestion though it would be to remove the black and white bars found behind the league/club badges as it will clash with a lot of badges (and it looks a bit unbalanced).

The player pages in particular are a thing of beauty and will provide a much better experience over the default skins - keep up the good work @bluestillidie00!

20 minutes ago, Rossums said:

This is a massive improvement over your TCS 2017 skin that I used in FM17, the heading bar at the top of players/clubs especially is beautiful.

If I could make one suggestion though it would be to remove the black and white bars found behind the league/club badges as it will clash with a lot of badges (and it looks a bit unbalanced).

The player pages in particular are a thing of beauty and will provide a much better experience over the default skins - keep up the good work @bluestillidie00!

appreciate the feedback brother, i'm extremely happy with this skin, it's my favourite skin by far, release should be in a few days

The bars are gone, decided that they clashed a lot myself yesterday!

skin is released in the first post! remember it is a beta so there will be bugs, enjoy!

4 minutes ago, vonreichsm said:

Thanks for the skin. Good work.

Could you tell me, why the left is red in my screen at the club overview?

11ei48.png

that's just how it's designed, it recolours based on the team selected.

7 hours ago, vonreichsm said:

Ah. Ok. And is it possible to do a black background like behind the other boxes?

It'll be sorted in the next update 

1 hour ago, Scarface84 said:

Hello!

Great skin! Will try as soon as i get home. Thanks for sharing

Btw can anyone link me to the pack that contains those stadium pics?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, laney25 said:

same.i cant find any background pics packs for fm19

here you go lads https://www.fmscout.com/a-mini-stadiums-superpack-fm17.html

I've had a change of heart about releasing it, I simply don't have the time to maintain the skin, and I don't want to get into the same trap I did with fm16/17 where I spend more time fixing bugs that I don't care about, rather than playing the game. 

Sad to hear but I totally understand your point. Gladly I got a DL quick enough and use your work as a starting point for my personal skin. But I was very exited to see what you'd have in mind for your skin since I'm more into coding and less into "visuals" ;-)

If you ever change your mind I suggest just posting a DL-Link and instantly closing the thread so there is no chance of questions or requests of those who are not able to read the post correctly ;-)

Anyways, thanks for the short view of your skills and I wish you a lot of fun playing because this seems to be a hell good FM this year :-)

4 hours ago, bluestillidie00 said:

I've had a change of heart about releasing it, I simply don't have the time to maintain the skin, and I don't want to get into the same trap I did with fm16/17 where I spend more time fixing bugs that I don't care about, rather than playing the game. 

I really understand you. I also take a brake from skinning this year. You spend a lot of time fixing bugs, and the users are quick to criticize, if they notice small bugs. I have made a skin out of the Base skin, and that will be skin, I will use in FM 2019. I will still be helping Rick with the testing of the Andromeda skin, but I will not release any skin myself this year!! 

13 minutes ago, bella699 said:

I really understand you. I also take a brake from skinning this year. You spend a lot of time fixing bugs, and the users are quick to criticize, if they notice small bugs. I have made a skin out of the Base skin, and that will be skin, I will use in FM 2019. I will still be helping Rick with the testing of the Andromeda skin, but I will not release any skin myself this year!! 

Exactly mate, I put like 30 hours into making the skin before i even played the game myself. It took me 35 hours just to get the first league win trophy lmao. I'll still be working on the skin for sure, just not sharing ti

2 minutes ago, bluestillidie00 said:

Exactly mate, I put like 30 hours into making the skin before i even played the game myself. It took me 35 hours just to get the first league win trophy lmao. I'll still be working on the skin for sure, just not sharing ti

I managed to download it on FMScout and am more than happy with it bugs or no bugs I just want to play the game with a nice looking skin so thanks for the effort mate.Amazes me that people keep on about when something will be available to download and the n instantly start to pick it apart.

7 hours ago, bluestillidie00 said:

Apologies if my questions helped bring this about. It certainly wasn't my intention to bring about something like this, the skin was fantastic as is and you don't owe it to anyone to improve upon something you've created.

Just now, Per Annum said:

Apologies if my questions helped bring this about. It certainly wasn't my intention to bring about something like this, the skin was fantastic as is and you don't owe it to anyone to improve upon something you've created.

Not at all mate, just releasing my skin, then getting bombarded with small niggles and feature requests, when I specifically said I'm not taking them, made me just think "ugh **** this"

13 minutes ago, bluestillidie00 said:

Not at all mate, just releasing my skin, then getting bombarded with small niggles and feature requests, when I specifically said I'm not taking them, made me just think "ugh **** this"

Fair enough, to be honest I didn't even see that in the top post but it's there right enough

I've already downloaded it and enjoying it but it's definitely a shame that you're abandoning your work, it was by far my favourite skin and definitely set a high bar for all other skinners.

I hope you enjoy your time playing the game, you've made my experience much better already.

Edited by Rossums

On 26/10/2018 at 02:35, niklas88 said:

It's the best skin i have seen so far.

Would you mind if someone who already downloaded it sent it to me?

Loved in in FM 17, would also like to get a copy for 19.  Any errors I find I'd be willing to fix...er make worse for myself.

Jellico

On ‎24‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 15:23, bluestillidie00 said:

dont blame you, I have no clue why people make skins sometimes. people act like the skin was just made for them and in all honesty, the stuff they want they can do themselves with just a simple search and reading. There are tutorials all over the place here. 

I completely feel your pain, been doing community work for several games and it always ends in people thinking you owe them something and you should offer all your free time for them, and in the end your only working for the community and not playing the game anymore. 

On another note, great work with the skin, like some said above, it's the best I've seen so far for FM19. Enjoy the game and if you ever bring back your skin, I would be more than happy to try it out :)

I fully agree with others, this skin is by far the best one on FM19.

It's gutting you're not going to make it public as much anymore but I understand why, I hope one day you'll release an updated one but after seeing comments elsewhere I couldn't blame you at all if you didn't. Anyway have a like and enjoy FM :)

21 minutes ago, Enos said:

The best skins never last.  It happened with Vitrex too.  I wish SI made it easier for dummies like me to learn to make our own skins.  

its not that difficult. I dont mean making one from scratch but just working with existing skins, editing them to what you want and combining different things you like. last year I never worked with xmls in my life but decided I wanted to try to make a skin. asked a lot questions here and to rick (andromeda) learned a good bit. now a year later I can do most things I couldn't because I put in the time to learn. I am far from an expert or even a good skinner but with a little help I can now do the things I had to ask about last year. 

Just have to put in the time to learn is all. Experience is the best teacher. Now that I look back the worst thing anyone can do is tell you exactly how to fix a skin issue or do it for you because the second that same issue comes again, you will be asking again but if you learn how to fix it yourself with a little guidance , you will be able to do it in the future the same way

It is a stunning skin. The skinner I've been using the last 2 years at Andromeda has just stepped back too.

bluestillidie00, can't you just put the skin out there and give permission to other skin tinkerers to alter it as they see fit? That way you don't have the bother, but anyone who's up for it can build on your superlative work?

7 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

bluestillidie00, can't you just put the skin out there and give permission to other skin tinkerers to alter it as they see fit? That way you don't have the bother, but anyone who's up for it can build on your superlative work?

I wish I could do the opposite, release the skin but have it encrypted or locked or whatever so no one could edit it, or tweak it, or take stuff from it. If I could I'd have no issues releasing it.

So your saying you took the skin down because you didnt want to spend all your free time fixing stuff in it, but if you could release it you'd lock it so that those willing to go in and fix things (and in all likelyhood attribute the skin to you) still would be unable to do so....

That's an....interesting stance...

2 hours ago, bluestillidie00 said:

I wish I could do the opposite, release the skin but have it encrypted or locked or whatever so no one could edit it, or tweak it, or take stuff from it. If I could I'd have no issues releasing it.

Some of the frankenstein efforts,  ask for donations as well... now thats a bit taking the mick, when you cut and pasted from 15 other skins (but that prob just me be a grumbly old git)