Official Football Manager 2019 Announcement

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, analogset111 said:

Also they seem to be focusing on the 2d match view with all of these videos. Is that because the 3d match engine still has terrible stadiums and crowds? Or are they waiting to reveal some big changes to it later?

Well I wouldn't think they are going back to 2d, so I imagine there might be a future reveal over 3d. I'd be gutted if it went back to 2d only myself, but I can't see that happening.

Just now, decapitated said:

Well I wouldn't think they are going back to 2d, so I imagine there might be a future reveal over 3d. I'd be gutted if it went back to 2d only myself, but I can't see that happening.

Didn't think they were going back to 2D only, just that they hadn't posted anything with the 3D engine until just now. Looks very similar!

3 minutes ago, zigaliro said:

Yeah very similar. Really disappointed.

If the fans are all wearing the strips and only the strips again in the stadium, then that is a step backward re crowd immersion!

Edited by Kazza

Who cares about new looks, changes in training and tactics? They do this every year without any noticeable concept. Often it wasn´t even an improvement.

But in regards of the the matchday experience - nothing! I wonder if this will ever look like a real football game. This doesn´t mean it has to look like Fifa.

So these are the big new features? It´s preposterous calling this a new version of a game. It´s barely an update.

1 minute ago, trickz said:

What improvements exactly? 

I meant without improving animations in 3D what is the difference if we got new tactics screen as we won't notice it on the pitch. Ok, you can draw, you can move sliders and that's it, you will never see the representation of this with old match engine.

ME sounds the same since 2005; Hope to see more animations when we see much more of the ME. Think SI focused heavily on Tactics and training this year and it was needed. I dont care about the graphics being FIFA like. The player makes a decision every 0.3 seconds or what not; SI HAS to build their own ME and animations in house, as technology cannnot keep up. Its a slow process in regards to the ME and its animations and graphics, but a 5-10% gain every version is amazing imo, considering the complexity of the ME.

Just now, Preveza said:

ME sounds the same since 2005; Hope to see more animations when we see much more of the ME. Think SI focused heavily on Tactics and training this year and it was needed. I dont care about the graphics being FIFA like. The player makes a decision every 0.3 seconds or what not; SI HAS to build their own ME and animations in house, as technology cannnot keep up. Its a slow process in regards to the ME and its animations and graphics, but a 5-10% gain every version is amazing imo, considering the complexity of the ME.

And this is something a lot of people dont understand and overcomplaine about the lack of ME and living under rock with "those" graphics.

17 minutes ago, armbi said:

I meant without improving animations in 3D what is the difference if we got new tactics screen as we won't notice it on the pitch. Ok, you can draw, you can move sliders and that's it, you will never see the representation of this with old match engine.

That´s exactly the point. The match engine is way too bad that it could display any sophisticated tactics. Again, it´s not mainly about the quality of the animations.

So the tactical overhaul is completely pointless.

This looks so average so far. Ok training and tactics look much improved. But the match engine and stadiums still look horrendous. How did they not include a stadium editor this year? Every stadium should be unique and feel realistic. This game has the same boring generic stadiums this year as they’ve had for the last 5 years. I’m disappointed at this. We have another year of looking forward to playing in 4 stand stadiums with picnic spaces and benches in the corners. Benfica still playing in a 4 stand stadium, no athletic track at the Stadio Olympico for Roma or Lazio...and soooo much more. Incredibly poor effort. But hey, at least we have time consuming VAR and goal line technology in a computer game....

12 minutes ago, saihtam said:

And this is something a lot of people dont understand and overcomplaine about the lack of ME and living under rock with "those" graphics.

in FM18 watching 3 defenders run in queue like fashion chasing the attacker with ball leaving other attackers free I think is quite a valid complaint :)

So far, it can mostly be summed up with this.

I'm unlikely to play in the Bundesliga, but licenses are always nice.  Training I have never even pretended to be interested in, and it'll be getting delegated anyway.  Tactics the same to a lesser extent, although if it becomes more intuitive, I'd probably get on better.  Interface...meh.  Screenshots don't really tell much, and I'm not as anal as some on it.  18 was fine for me.  Manager Induction might be useful, might not be, nobody knows yet.  

As always, the best improvements to the game will be the ones that don't get talked about.  The minor things that all make the experience that little bit better.  

22 minutes ago, legnerschorsch said:

Who cares about new looks, changes in training and tactics? They do this every year without any noticeable concept. Often it wasn´t even an improvement.

But in regards of the the matchday experience - nothing! I wonder if this will ever look like a real football game. This doesn´t mean it has to look like Fifa.

So these are the big new features? It´s preposterous calling this a new version of a game. It´s barely an update.

You are playing the wrong game.

Who cares about training and tactic changes? Really? In a game called Football manager? Go and play Fifa little millenial.

Screw the haters I love the new features, but this may be more because of how I enjoy the game. Having improvements and overhauls is MUCH more important to me than anything 3D related. Yes in an ideal world the 3D would love much better, but if I wanted to incredible graphics I'd play Fifa. This game is about strategy and managing, not how pretty a player or stadium looks.

So happy with training. Be calling for it for at least 3 years now, maybe more. Being able to set up sessions is what management/coaching is all about. And tactics again, great news. Able to set up in and out of possession tactics is marvelous. 

We all want better graphics, but FM is more than that, way more. SI gives us tons more new features than any Fifa, PES etc...do every year.  Proof is the pudding though and we'll find out in 3 weeks or so (BETA) how good the game actually is. But from these feature announcements I'm very excited.

3 minutes ago, Vali184 said:

MATCH ENGINE IS ONE THING, GRAPHIC ENGINE IS ANOTHER THING.

You guys really think the match engine couldn't replicate the new tactical instructions because of the "graphic"? Hahahaha...It's not even funny.

with a limited number of player animations then its a big fact - I agree its not funny

2 minutes ago, luka_ said:

Who cares about training and tactic changes? Really? In a game called Football manager? Go and play Fifa little millenial.

This point has nothing to do with FIFA. If FM choose to release a game with a graphics and Match engine, then they need to be held to account for releasing a game that is poor in respect to those features. 

FM 2019 looks average and no different to any release from the last 5 years. 

1 minute ago, akm.91 said:

This point has nothing to do with FIFA. If FM choose to release a game with a graphics and Match engine, then they need to be held to account for releasing a game that is poor in respect to those features. 

If you care about the looks, you're playing the wrong game. sorry.

4 minutes ago, luka_ said:

You don´t seem to get that the big tactical overhaul is just a potemkin village as long as the match engine isn´t capable of displaying it.

On 24/09/2018 at 09:24, forameuss said:

Tears and snotters on Thursday lunchtime with people's overly lofty expectations being dashed by a few sentences then.

Bingo!

While these features aren't the ones to make you wet yourself with joy, they're not going to be the things that define the game once it's out.  Like I said earlier, the little things they add coming together is always the most interesting part of any release, and even with great features mentioned here, you have no idea what the game is going to be like.  In November we could end up with the most balanced ME we've ever had, or it could be an absolute car-crash.  Nothing really changes with these announcements, apart from people going proper head's gone.

2 minutes ago, legnerschorsch said:

You don´t seem to get that the big tactical overhaul is just a potemkin village as long as the match engine isn´t capable of displaying it.

I'm playing 2D and I'm sure it will be displayed just fine. And btw, the ME does not display anything.

Edited by luka_zg

vor 4 Minuten schrieb akm.91:

Then you should probably play fm 2015.

i bet you get it for 5 bucks at ebay uk.

its not all about new features, but to ensure fm is kept alive

(well, at least thats the main reason why i buy each years version)

Edited by meebee

il y a 5 minutes, forameuss a dit :

Bingo!

While these features aren't the ones to make you wet yourself with joy, they're not going to be the things that define the game once it's out.  Like I said earlier, the little things they add coming together is always the most interesting part of any release, and even with great features mentioned here, you have no idea what the game is going to be like.  In November we could end up with the most balanced ME we've ever had, or it could be an absolute car-crash.  Nothing really changes with these announcements, apart from people going proper head's gone.

People are looking for new; not for small details.

The game has been the same since 2014 and its getting boring imo.

Edited by ClemB