France vs Australia, Group C. KO - 11 am BST

Darius1998

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Weezer said:

Surely with the focus on head injuries being more highlighted these days then Hernandez should be forced off the pitch the amount of times he's gone down holding his head and face?

Craig Moore said as much on the Australian commentary

2 minutes ago, Heartwork said:

That was bizarre. Almost thought it was gonna break into an emergency broadcast saying Trump has declared war or something

More like the Russians are coming. World Cup being the distraction.

Just now, Snedhead said:

Alex Scott is a really good pundit btw. Haven't heard her before but she's already leaps above most of the others.

I agree, Eni Aluko, Rio and her are the most impressive from the current player / recently retired brigade that I have seen

Just now, Astafjevs said:

She just speaks in cliches. Half decent analysis for a few seconds, then more standard phrases

You could argue that 'half decent analysis' still puts her above most of the others :D 

France’s Hernandez Cleared To Play Next Game Despite Sustaining 11 Separate Concussions

In what has been described as a miracle recovery, France’s Lucas Hernandez will line up against Peru next week despite suffering from 11 concussions and a broken leg in the game against Australia.

Hernandez – who also sustained a spinal injury in the second half – bravely played out the game against Australia even though he broke his leg in the 11th minute, and was frequently concussed.

“It’s amazing how he gets these quite serious injuries game after game, but then seems to recover. It’s so brave,” one observer said.

Doctors are concerned for Hernandez’s safety should he come up against serious physical contact in the next game. “If he is actually pushed or elbowed, there are concerns he might die,” one medical professional said.

Pray for Hernandez.

http://www.theshovel.com.au/2018/06/17/frances-hernandez-cleared-to-play-next-game-despite-sustaining-11-separate-concussions/

12 hours ago, Weezer said:

Obviously taken inspiration from his club team-mate who actually spent two years playing with a catheter and bleeding blood after every game and training session. :brock:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/sep/26/saul-niguez-atletico-madrid-chelsea-champions-league

"For two years I was playing with a catheter inside," Saul said. "In every training session and every game I pissed blood. It was pretty bad, something difficult that people do not know or understand. I was risking my health to put on the club colours, to chase the dream.

"I remember everything about the injury -- how I felt, how many times I vomited, being on the stretcher.

Nutter :D

Archived