France vs Australia, Group C. KO - 11 am BST

Darius1998

image.jpeg.e65f6c57f14ddb8ed9c52b1732d42a9e.jpeg

TEAM NEWS

France's Djibril Sidibe has been passed fit after a knee injury.

Kylian Mbappe and Ousmane Dembele are expected to play in a front three alongside Antoine Griezmann, with Olivier Giroud starting from the bench.

Australia coach Bert van Marwijk could drop captain Mile Jedinak and play Massimo Luongo in central midfield.

He also has another tough decision to make in the lone striker position, with Tomi Juric, Jamie Maclaren and Andrew Nabbout battling it out.

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not liking the look at this at all. I think we have only gone backwards since the last World Cup (minus the Asian Cup win) and that front 3 of Antoine, Mbappe and Dembele is frightening to say the least.

Plus we saw what happened to the Saudis against Russia :( 

2 minutes ago, Weiry said:

Not liking the look at this at all. I think we have only gone backwards since the last World Cup (minus the Asian Cup win) and that front 3 of Antoine, Mbappe and Dembele is frightening to say the least.

Plus we saw what happened to the Saudis against Russia :( 

Nah mate if anything this squad is way better than the one Ange brought in 2014, and the group is hardly Spain, Netherlands, and Chile. Australia can pull a surprise or two in the other matches, but France may be a bridge too far.

Sure the Aussies qualified behind the Saudis, but now the Aussies have Saudis manager from qualifying. Their players also play in better clubs and leagues. They will definitely lose against this France side, but they won't be embarrassed like the Saudis.

6 minutes ago, Citizen Kane said:

Never heard of Pavard before today. Powerful midfield. 

22 yr old CB (can play RB but not that well). Plays for Stuttgart and has been a big part of their defence in the last two seasons, getting them from the 2. Bundesliga to the top half of the Bundesliga. Excellent on the ball as well and I wouldn't be surprised if a big club came in for him, either after the World Cup or next season.

having to listen to Lawrenson for 90 minutes is worse than having to bother about shadows

better hope there is an early goal or he'll be crying away about how boring it is, despite being given a free holiday to watch the World Cup

il y a 1 minute, GunmaN1905 a dit :

Something was throwing me off since the game started and I just realized it.

Where are the red socks for France? Nothing is sacred in modern football.

Just a tribute for our italians neighbours :D

Archived