Football Manager 2017 Release Date and Pre Purchase Details Announced

7 hours ago, jimbo22 said:

Graphically it looks much better but the animation is still slightly flawed (the skating is still there that has been there since the ME appeared). Although when I play it I dont play with the 3D engine. Its the little things like the skating that annoyed me so I feel boog using 2D.

AFAIK the whole "skating thing" is simply a limitation of the animation engine, so it cannot be changed whilst SI continue to use that platform. I think a running player has to always have some degree of contact with the pitch, which is why it doesn't look natural. 

I still think the developments for 17 look OK.  There are aesthetic improvements (animations, player models, ad boards, lighting, pitches) which can't be a bad thing. As long as the ME is tighter I'll be happy. Would be nice for the duff roles (IWB, Libero, Half Back) etc. to work properly this time round, but I won't hold my breath.

Looks like we'll have another reasonable evolution of the game, which is fine by me as there's just no need for a major revolutionary change.

• Replies 964
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is going to be a long post, but i think will worth reading it, and i think i deciphered what SI marketing is trying to do:

FIrst of all, i think i won't play 3D (and haven't played since release) 10 years from now on, at least. And that, if it improves by 50% / year. Not the ~10% incremental improvements we see every year since launch....

You wonder why that YouTube video has so many dislikes? 

a). Kids that play FIFA and think that 3D engine is 99% of this game. They still do not comprehend the idea of FM. And there are lots of this kind of kids. (btw, i started playing CM since i was 13yrs old.... only commentary, imagine that). And YouTube is their home.

b).I think the majority of community is still playing 2D classic (yeah, there were lots of threads around here where i realized that).

For b, it was enough to just focus 80% on the ME, and 20% on the AI. 0 new features, 0 new UI changes.... that's it...

What drives me crazy, it's that SI currently tries to impress the a). kids, and bring new sales, sacrificing what b). wants, but giving  them a compensation for it: loyalty discount.

If it's true that they have pre-order record of sales, that's due to one fact only: 

Kids start playing games much younger than our generation did, so the a). players pool is getting bigger every year. 

Almost every game breaks the record of sales every year, although the improvements they offer do not warrant it (Fifa 17, CoD, etc.). It's nothing impressive on that! Especially when you have absolutely 0 competition. That doesn't mean it offers much better quality, and i can offer you DOZENS of examples !!!! (@milesSI - never though i could see someone being so cocky in his statements - i unfollowed him as soon as i saw them).

What will happen next? The SI forum will get flooded by complaints after the game gets launched. New and old accounts. Pages of "negative feedback" will get erased. Bans will spread. But, of course, everyone that doesn't create an account on this forum, means it's fully enjoying the game!

PS: Can someone give me an example of a "Wishlist" - made by a member of this community, of course, that got implemented in this game recently? 

1 hour ago, Alexivan said:

This is going to be a long post, but i think will worth reading it, and i think i deciphered what SI marketing is trying to do:

FIrst of all, i think i won't play 3D (and haven't played since release) 10 years from now on, at least. And that, if it improves by 50% / year. Not the ~10% incremental improvements we see every year since launch....

You wonder why that YouTube video has so many dislikes? 

a). Kids that play FIFA and think that 3D engine is 99% of this game. They still do not comprehend the idea of FM. And there are lots of this kind of kids. (btw, i started playing CM since i was 13yrs old.... only commentary, imagine that). And YouTube is their home.

b).I think the majority of community is still playing 2D classic (yeah, there were lots of threads around here where i realized that).

For b, it was enough to just focus 80% on the ME, and 20% on the AI. 0 new features, 0 new UI changes.... that's it...

What drives me crazy, it's that SI currently tries to impress the a). kids, and bring new sales, sacrificing what b). wants, but giving  them a compensation for it: loyalty discount.

If it's true that they have pre-order record of sales, that's due to one fact only: 

Kids start playing games much younger than our generation did, so the a). players pool is getting bigger every year. 

Almost every game breaks the record of sales every year, although the improvements they offer do not warrant it (Fifa 17, CoD, etc.). It's nothing impressive on that! Especially when you have absolutely 0 competition. That doesn't mean it offers much better quality, and i can offer you DOZENS of examples !!!! (@milesSI - never though i could see someone being so cocky in his statements - i unfollowed him as soon as i saw them).

What will happen next? The SI forum will get flooded by complaints after the game gets launched. New and old accounts. Pages of "negative feedback" will get erased. Bans will spread. But, of course, everyone that doesn't create an account on this forum, means it's fully enjoying the game!

PS: Can someone give me an example of a "Wishlist" - made by a member of this community, of course, that got implemented in this game recently? 

This post verged from reaching straight down a cliff to be honest.  I'll try and address some of the more salient points..

- The video has a lot of dislikes.  I'd imagine that's more likely to be down to people being disappointed by the content and expecting more.  

- The majority of people are playing on 2D classic?  I'd be absolutely astounded if this is true.  There's a minority that do, definitely, but a majority?

- It's not enough to just focus on the ME and the AI.  If they released that, they would be absolutely pilloried for it.  The usual complaint is always that you're just getting a reskinned game with no new features.  And that's when there are new things added.   You want to actually prove those people right and not change anything?  Aye, that's how to get sales.

- I'm not sure where you're getting this "catering to the kids" idea from.  You seem to be extrapolating the fact that you don't care about 3D, saying that the majority are like you, and implying that anyone who disagrees is a kid.  Not really true, is it?  And doesn't do your argument any good.

- Then you trot out the kid argument again for pre-orders.  The one reason there are record numbers is nothing to do with this imagined group you're blaming it on, it's because there's a loyalty discount in play.  I mean, you started off by saying that the video got so many dislikes because the kids weren't impressed, then say that the reason pre-orders are high is because kids are buying it...doesn't really make sense, does it?

- The competition argument is still a fallacy.  They used to have competition.  They blew them away.

- I don't think you really get Miles if you think he's being cocky.  I doubt he'll lose much sleep about you unfollowing him anyway.

- Then you finish by putting on the tinfoil hat, talking about how negative feedback will get erased :rolleyes: constructive negative feedback won't, and there's thousands of examples of that.  If people aren't constructive, then of course it'll be removed, because it'll take away from the things they actually should be reading.  Someone saying "omg crossing is brooooooooooken" followed by a million exclamation marks will get deleted.  Someone saying that crossing is flawed and giving examples why will not just be kept, but will be acted upon by the development team and actually fixed.  Same with bans - if you don't act like a tube, you won't get banned.  Plus, FM16 didn't see the board "flooded" with complaints.  In fact it was a pretty quiet release compared to FM15 and FM14.

Everyone is so busy disliking the 3D that almost no one managed to see new staff being added to the game (based on teaser screenshots):

• Data analyst
  • Press Officer
  • Personal Assistant

And that comes with a lot of UI improvements for better/faster/easier/etc. access to various data within the game :)

It's not about 3D or 2D, it's about implementing your tactics as best as possible

10 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

I turned that video off as soon as he says there isn't much difference between this and the 3d graphics in FM11. 

That is your option and I respect that. But the reason I shared the video, is because, I think he has, so much valid points. There few are bit of a exaggeration like that one. I see improvement in graphics, but some motions of the players still resembles first few versions of the 3D, that I believe shouldn't be part of the 3D engine.

10 hours ago, KUBI said:

We have every year a sort of comment like this from Miles. To be fair partially is his fault, because he release something that marketing wise was mistake of video. They needed to had sort of sound there. Have two debs discussing the improvements of gameplay, the video might have quite enjoyable. That way people would see what was improved or not. This way most of the improvements, it is like that they aren't even there. Completely ignored.

10 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

It's the internet generation and the way they're absorbed in their overwhelming sense of entitlement. 

I think that the generalisation is wrong, because there are a lot of people (of the internet generation), that has a lot of common sense, then you and me put together.

10 hours ago, KUBI said:

I remember the community was unsure about 2-D, a lot of them wanted to stay on commentary. :D

But the 2D after 1 or 2 versions of improvement was largely accepted. Can't say for the rest, the 3D still fails to impress me. Maybe I set the bar to high. I expect the 3D graphics after version 9 be as good as Fifa (even if it was like 2013 like graphics and no I'm not talking about gameplay, because we all know they are two different games, but i'm talking the graphics and movement of the players should be much better).

4 minutes ago, Shevchenko said:

Everyone is so busy disliking the 3D that almost no one managed to see new staff being added to the game (based on teaser screenshots):

- Data analyst

- Press Officer

- Personal Assistant

And that comes with a lot of UI improvements for better/faster/easier/etc. access to various data within the game :)

That I blame the marketing strategy of this version, which I think it is one of the worst. If they did like previous years, then those features wouldn't be so ignored. Maybe they won't when SI release the features announcement. This outrage will go way. But like you, I'm expecting a lot of improvements to the game, event some new features. There is no doubt about that.

But it is his opinion and his entitle to it, no matter how lack of observation or exaggeration. And it is out there, he can post no matter how he wants it and you and your fellow mods can say if it is useful feedback or not. That is life. ;)

As for if it is feedback, well that depends how you look at it. I think he has valid points in there. At least he was quite rational in his approach and he isn't cursing and yelling, like some other youtubers.

But seeing the comment section of the Match preview video, the opinion seemed to be in line with his. To be fair it is one of those times that middle of October can't come soon enough, so the features are announced and we can move on.

2 hours ago, Alexivan said:

On october 12 2012 I asked for this:

1 / i think we need a new scouting system.

it's not normal to know a player after 2 days, and too easy to find very good player, specially in south america and africa.

The CM 2010 system was a good start with the "range system".

ex: scout a player, and in his caracteristic you see: stamina: 7 -18, wich mean it's between 7 and 18.

and more good are your scoots, more right are the prediction.

I asked it again on 17 july 2014:

And deepper scouting system. It's not normal to scout a player and know all his life 12h later. The CM2010 scouting system was interesting with the "range" rate. If a player have 15 in tackle, the first week his caracteristic will show, "10 - 18" wich mean it's between the both. And same for all caracteristics. More long we will scout him, more the range will be small. The range would be more wide with poor scouts, and longer to get the caracteristics right.

We got it now, i'm sure that have nothing to do with me, but it's great anyway.

Talking about present and  up and coming feedback, and reading about the data analyst again. If this version finally introduces a breakdown of shots which shows which attempts were from open play and which weren't (in other words, did that supposedly all battering 25 shots team actually ever carve stuff open at any point during the 90 minutes of play ever), some kind of classic feedback may go away. Well, some of it. If the introduction of such a stat won't ring home the message, then outside of totally spoon feeding probably nothing ever will. Though it may be an ME fault as well that attacking pieces can rack up like silly -- in particular with certain tactical combos (one team drops deep, the other forces everything narrow being the worst offender -- hard to compare that to real football though as... I don't know you just don't see teams approaching such matches in football. Carving open means having options, rather than making the area as small as possible so that the defenders always get a foot in visibly. Footie logics 101 since CM 1974 Total Football Special Edition). Will be curious if that happens on FM 2017 too. There's nothing quite like an average corner count of 15+ every week and attacking throws and free kicks in abundance paired with a shot on target count about onpar. You almost know before watching what 90% of those attempts on target are like in the game before viewing it all...

Would be a good idea to link such with the data analyst.

52 minutes ago, grade said:

But it is his opinion and his entitle to it, no matter how lack of observation or exaggeration. And it is out there, he can post no matter how he wants it and you and your fellow mods can say if it is useful feedback or not. That is life. ;)

As for if it is feedback, well that depends how you look at it. I think he has valid points in there. At least he was quite rational in his approach and he isn't cursing and yelling, like some other youtubers.

But seeing the comment section of the Match preview video, the opinion seemed to be in line with his. To be fair it is one of those times that middle of October can't come soon enough, so the features are announced and we can move on.

Being entitled to an opinion, and that opinion being accurate/valid are two separate things entirely. No one said he couldn't say it, and I've just said it's actually little use. So not sure where the confusion comes in. 

5 minutes ago, Preveza said:

One thing I am a tad excited about is the new sounds feature. Im pretty sure the tester 'forgot' to turn the sound on. I have a feeling SI FINALLY have updated the sounds of our great game. 

That's another speculation, Miles posted on twitter that it was just a mistake and nothing else.

1 minute ago, suncrush said:

There are people who play with the sound on?

I play with sound on and I really don't see the big issue with it TBH.

People have complained for years but aside from specific chants it sounds pretty much like a crowd to me.

5 minutes ago, suncrush said:

There are people who play with the sound on?

This is my point. We have become so accustomed to the sounds being unchanged for over a decade (bar very minimal changes) that majority of people just mute the sounds in game, me included. I do believe that overhauling this area and improving the sounds in general, (adding net sounds, crossbar sounds etc) would improve the match day experience massively. 

• Administrators

Yeah would love to see the sound get a huge overhaul. I use it myself when I'm not listening to music or doing something in the background and think it could definitely add something to the game. It's long overdue as well. 

Problem is, there's a bit of an idea that nobody really uses the sound. but as Preveza has said above because people are used to the sounds being as they are, they just instantly turn them off. I'd be interested to find out just how many people would use the sounds if they were overhauled. Unfortunately even with the sounds we'd be restricted. Chants etc would fall foul of licencing, so until it is, really it'd be better suited to being driven by the community as they wouldn't have to worry about any legal implications. There was a user who used to do pretty good sounds packs a few years back but don't think they've done so recently. 

19 minutes ago, Preveza said:

This is my point. We have become so accustomed to the sounds being unchanged for over a decade (bar very minimal changes) that majority of people just mute the sounds in game, me included. I do believe that overhauling this area and improving the sounds in general, (adding net sounds, crossbar sounds etc) would improve the match day experience massively. 

Not strictly true.  I'd mute the sounds even if they were vastly improved.  In fact I'd go as far to say that there is absolutely nothing they could do that would make me want to not turn them off.  Nothing to do with their quality, and I doubt I'm alone in that.

1 minute ago, forameuss said:

Not strictly true.  I'd mute the sounds even if they were vastly improved.  In fact I'd go as far to say that there is absolutely nothing they could do that would make me want to not turn them off.  Nothing to do with their quality, and I doubt I'm alone in that.

That's your opinion and no one will change that. However, since this is a football simulation, improving sounds need to be improved, and for me personally, and I am sure for many others, it would improve the match day experience significantly. I do believe it is an area that needs to be looked at, eventually. Pretty sure getting LED boards was part of the 'match day experience'. Sounds wont be too far away

This game is played in such various ways as no other. Sounds is just another example. I have it on, but on the second lowest level. I just like the noise as it adds some atmosphere to the match experience.

1 minute ago, Preveza said:

That's your opinion and no one will change that. However, since this is a football simulation, improving sounds need to be improved, and for me personally, and I am sure for many others, it would improve the match day experience significantly. I do believe it is an area that needs to be looked at, eventually. Pretty sure getting LED boards was part of the 'match day experience'. Sounds wont be too far away

And I appreciate that a lot of people want it, but it's probably on the list of thousands of other things that "need" to be improved.  For everyone that says they don't play with the sound on, that kicks the importance down even more in SI's eyes.  I'm sure its on the list of things they'd love to work on, but there's far more important things out there to them I imagine.  As evidenced by the fact that they haven't touched it.

Just now, forameuss said:

And I appreciate that a lot of people want it, but it's probably on the list of thousands of other things that "need" to be improved.  For everyone that says they don't play with the sound on, that kicks the importance down even more in SI's eyes.  I'm sure its on the list of things they'd love to work on, but there's far more important things out there to them I imagine.  As evidenced by the fact that they haven't touched it.

Absolutely! There are other facets of the game that are higher in importance, no doubt about it. And yep, people saying they don't play with the sound on will not help us get better sounds any sooner that's a certainty. 

28 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Yeah would love to see the sound get a huge overhaul. I use it myself when I'm not listening to music or doing something in the background and think it could definitely add something to the game. It's long overdue as well. 

Problem is, there's a bit of an idea that nobody really uses the sound. but as Preveza has said above because people are used to the sounds being as they are, they just instantly turn them off. I'd be interested to find out just how many people would use the sounds if they were overhauled. Unfortunately even with the sounds we'd be restricted. Chants etc would fall foul of licencing, so until it is, really it'd be better suited to being driven by the community as they wouldn't have to worry about any legal implications. There was a user who used to do pretty good sounds packs a few years back but don't think they've done so recently. 

I usually play with sounds if it doesn't destract my wife from what she's doing. A sound overhaul isn't smth I'm waiting from release to release, 'coz i know there won't be audio commentary and chants like YNWA are basically licensed. The only sounds I feel might be in future releases are possible fireworks when a team wins a cup and that sort of stuff + maybe some sounds when fans do the "mexican wave".

35 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

I already play with sound on, but would love it to get some kinda update. Atleast have a crowd of 500 people sound different from a crowd of 50.000 people.

6 minutes ago, suncrush said:

To be totally fair, my house is small, so the computer is in the living room, and I have small children, so headphones aren't an option.  I play almost all games on mute.

But there are starting the problems. In a smaller crowd you here chants, screams, boos, laughter, you here kids and you here the manager shouting, even some player talk. To make it realistic is not that easy.

Re. sounds. there are things that are higher in importance than what, and to whom???

@Alexivan 's post, the particular point on maintaining / attracting a younger fan base, is an interesting one.

A related point came up before. Lots of us aren't bothered about sounds and I suspect many of those will be older players. For me, I'm in my 40s, I have sound on VERY low, just enough to get a sense of what is happening but also so I can hear TV / Radio in the background. I can do without it. If sound was massively improved it would be fun - for me personally it would be a novelty effect that would wear off in time,like the "audio commentary" option in CM97/98 (somewhere around there).

But that's me. At the end of the day, I don't play for sound, I play as a strategy / tactical / management game, to keep me sharp re. thinking about tactics IRL (FM does force you to think about what you're watching) and is a great way to get to know about footballers around the world, before they come to the EPL, and I can fake being dead knowledgeable about football with my friends ;)

Except its not all about me though. In years to come the current bulk of FM players won't be playing anymore because we'll be pushing up the daisies! SI have every right to think about the desires of their future market. They've got to appeal to a generation brought up on very high-end graphics and sound, expectations of interactivity with other players, and a possible future games-landscape dominated by VR.

In that context, SI may well feel that focusing their resources (a relatively small studio so limited) on improving visual & auditory aspects of the game - not to be at the top of the curve but not so far behind the curve as to be obsolete, is the natural way forward for them.

Of course, enhancements for FM17 may have nothing to do with sound and this may all be hogwash.

Perhaps the big dramatic announcement will be use of VR / Headsets ;) , now there's a thought. It is a possible future.

3 minutes ago, Lord Rowell said:

Perhaps the big dramatic announcement will be use of VR / Headsets ;) , now there's a thought. It is a possible future.

Ah, yes. Becoming a 3D manager on the field, yelling them what to do (and the yelling transforms into tactical changes in-game on the roll :D)

57 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

I'm interested in this licencing issue for chants Neil, CM10 had chants (altough minimal) did the developers of CM have a licence for chants, I find that hard to beleive bearing in mind the size of that company

1 minute ago, Tony Wright 747 said:

I'm interested in this licencing issue for chants Neil, CM10 had chants (altough minimal) did the developers of CM have a licence for chants, I find that hard to beleive bearing in mind the size of that company

Wouldn't surprise me if they didn't and were simply pushing their luck hoping that no-one would complain / sue.

7 minutes ago, Shevchenko said:

Ah, yes. Becoming a 3D manager on the field, yelling them what to do (and the yelling transforms into tactical changes in-game on the roll :D)

Why not?

Have your virtual reality headset to watch the game from any location in the virtual stadium, with advantage you can pivot & turn your head to look where you want. Add in some excellent surround sound effects and you have an experience (another big thing that many gamers are now looking for) of immersion.

As for the shouts - speech recognition software.

All of this is current technology, not future.

Without any doubt, sound improves the match day experience (at least for me) :thup: I always turn on the sound and set the sound level to high in order to increase the feeling of a real match. I'd like to hear more reactions from audience against a hard foul, an offside decision, etc. Also, these areas do not need licencing. So, I really hope it is improved in FM17, looking forward to it!

3 minutes ago, talhak said:

Without any doubt, sound improves the match day experience (at least for me) :thup: I always turn on the sound and set the sound level to high in order to increase the feeling of a real match. I'd like to hear more reactions from audience against a hard foul, an offside decision, etc. Also, these areas do not need licencing. So, I really hope it is improved in FM17, looking forward to it!

Yeah exactly my thoughts. Improving sounds when there is a cynical foul, cutthroat penalty or the fans whistling during injury time would be another. Things like this do not require a licence. PS. After 10 years and more of FM, I still do not understand why the fans sometimes boo when a specific player receives the ball in certain matches lol 

1 hour ago, forameuss said:

I'm inclined to think they could open that side of the game up a bit, just allow people to more easily add their own sounds - recordings made at games could be used as a base by people who were enthusiastic about improving that side of the match-day experience, then tagged as 'winning' 'near miss' 'defiant chanting' 'booooooooooooo' etc and used by the game in those situations.

That said, I invariably have the sound on mute and the real footy on the radio, so a bit wasted on me :-)

Crafty bit of teasing on twitter I just noticed:

FM.png

I really don't care that much graphic wise, but i'm talking about the ME itself, there is no noticeable difference compared to FM16 or even FM15, too many pinballs and unrealistic moves.. I was expecting at least an improvement in this area and so a lot of others, that explains why we see so many dislikes for the video.

That said, waiting for the other new features to be announced before placing an order.

Check out 00:52-1:00 minute mark, why would you market that ?

Hopefully we'll get more improvements on ME and Player Interactions and so on.

I wonder what's the point of having the option to play in 3d (and wasting resources on it) when it looks worse than let's say Fifa 98 (yep that was 18 years ago).

So you are basically marketing (or better said "trying to market") the game with a video which shows a stone age era gameplay, you're not going to attract more customers with it that's for sure, on the contrary. So, if you want to create some buzz for the game you should release a list of new features and some screenshots with them, instead of this poor attempt.

2 hours ago, Preveza said:

Yeah exactly my thoughts. Improving sounds when there is a cynical foul, cutthroat penalty or the fans whistling during injury time would be another. Things like this do not require a licence. PS. After 10 years and more of FM, I still do not understand why the fans sometimes boo when a specific player receives the ball in certain matches lol 

In answer to your PS; I think they boo a specific player who has commited a particularly bad foul on one of their players

One thing people are struggling to grasp about the footage. It's not a cut of the best bits. It's a live played game with whatever could happen in said live game

59 minutes ago, Georgik said:

Check out 00:52-1:00 minute mark, why would you market that ?

Hopefully we'll get more improvements on ME and Player Interactions and so on.

I wonder what's the point of having the option to play in 3d (and wasting resources on it) when it looks worse than let's say Fifa 98 (yep that was 18 years ago).

So you are basically marketing (or better said "trying to market") the game with a video which shows a stone age era gameplay, you're not going to attract more customers with it that's for sure, on the contrary. So, if you want to create some buzz for the game you should release a list of new features and some screenshots with them, instead of this poor attempt.

You mean like the upcoming release?

34 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

One thing people are struggling to grasp about the footage. It's not a cut of the best bits. It's a live played game with whatever could happen in said live game

Still I can see pinballs happening which I used to see since FM 2013, so it doesn't mean it happened only in that particular live game.

5 hours ago, Shevchenko said:

See I actually love the VR idea but even when your on a VR for like 30 minutes you start to feel ill haha although it would be Ground breaking if they actually did  fm on VR.

9 hours ago, Shevchenko said:

• Data analyst
  • Press Officer
  • Personal Assistant

It's not about 3D or 2D, it's about implementing your tactics as best as possible

The problem is the stats and the 3D view don't align.  Or at least they haven't managed to so far.  Whether this is the 3D match engine is just really poor at demonstrating what exactly is going on or whether its because the entire stats engine is broken I don't know.  But if you watch a match in 3D and then look at the stats and analysis afterwards, the stats don't add up to what you've witnessed.  The clearest example of this are CCC.  I've had games where my striker has been through one on one against the keeper three or four times and yet the stats demonstrate CCC equals one.

I am less interested in new staff members as opposed to getting value out of the existing ones.  E.g. requiring that many coaches is ridiculous.  Most clubs have a Manager/Head Coach or who has an Assistant Coach, a fitness coach and a general coach.  That's it.  The Press Officer is a nice touch if it means I don't have to attend those mind numbingly boring repetitive conferences anymore, as I never trust my Assistant to do it.  But then the PO probably won't be much better.  Same with the Data Analyst.  Great they've added the role but if he/she is as bad as the DOF/Assistant Manager/Coaches/Scouts currently are at giving advice then I'd rather SI spent the time fixing the existing staff issues rather than complicating things by adding more staff.

12 minutes ago, GSevensM75 said:

The problem is the stats and the 3D view don't align.  Or at least they haven't managed to so far.  Whether this is the 3D match engine is just really poor at demonstrating what exactly is going on or whether its because the entire stats engine is broken I don't know.  But if you watch a match in 3D and then look at the stats and analysis afterwards, the stats don't add up to what you've witnessed.  The clearest example of this are CCC.  I've had games where my striker has been through one on one against the keeper three or four times and yet the stats demonstrate CCC equals one.

That's only because the game itself isn't clear on what represents a 'cleat cut chance', and hasn't been for years. it's nothing to do with anything 'aligning' or not. 

So no, the entire stats engine isn't 'broken'. By the way, there's no such thing as a '3D match engine', there's simply just the 'match engine'. It's exactly the same whether you view it in 3D, 2D, or commentary only. 

What Dave said above but I will add just because a player is one on one with the keeper it doesn't make it a CCC automatically.

A straight ball over the top with the striker and ball moving directly towards the keeper isn't a good chance.  A half decent keeper would actually be favourite to save that type of chance.

For a one on one chance to be considered a good chance or CCC you need the ball moving horizontally across the eyeline of the keeper so he needs to calculate two angles instead of one when positioning himself.

1 hour ago, themadsheep2001 said:

There should still be bad passages of play in football. Football is riddled with mistakes

We understand that you're a mod and have to take the developer's side (i've read here some mind boggling excuses for some glaring flaws, see the crosses problem which almost made the game unplayable, it surely made it un-enjoyable, it wasn't any difference with how a conference level keeper/defender dealt with a cross when compared to a Sergio Ramos/Pique type of player, let alone the fact that the game revolved around you trying to set up a tactic to counter this bug - which is wrong on so many levels). Believe me that us, customers for such a long time, would be more pleased if you would acknowledge what's wrong with the game and try to improve it. The lack of communication between SI and us is what bothers the most of us (see the 'atenttion' the wishlist and feedback thread are getting, let alone how FM 17 release was dealt with). If you look at the video Miles posted you will see around the 0:52 minute mark a player heading the ball for no reason whatsoever. Also the ball is bouncing from the players, you don't see a fluid game, more like pinball.

Archived