The Ask-SI-Anything Thread

1 minute ago, Neil Brock said:

Because realistically people shouldn't be selecting all leagues. The vast size of the game means doing this even on high end machines means the game will run very slowly and there's not really any benefit to the user from having all these leagues loaded. It's a killer for system memory. Essentially it's not there as people should be picking leagues which will have an affect on their gameworld. For instance, if you're playing a Premier League save with Man Utd, do you really need Indonesia loaded as a league? 

that's where all their fans come from :lol:

sorry neil while you are on it ... I'm going to bump a thread from a while back... just the bottom question I would like a clear-(ish) answer to. Thanks

When I pick a speciality player role it comes with some fixed and or some unavailable PI. Presumably this is to prevent clear contradictions i.e. advanced playmaker cannot be set to play fewer risky passes

is there any thought to adding a similar theory when choosing your tactical shape and mentality? i.e. I can select 'Attacking' [described as high tempo, direct passing], yet I can still choose the TI 'low tempo' ... 'shorter passing', 'retain possession'

Is it intentional to allow this ... to make it harder for players to make tactical decisions... or is the wording ambiguous for the Attacking mentality description etc...? I find it odd that in an SI discussion revolving around player roles and PI didn't overlap to team shape/mentality and TI.

Also some clarification on your formation: is it definitely 'your defensive shape'? then we are intended to use TI/PI to turn that defensive shape into attack... if so ... why are so many players preferred position AML/AMR when in real life those players and most formations defensively would have attacking wide men drop back to some extent ... either bank of 4 or in extreme cases to form a back 6. and is there any thought then to add attacking tactic creator alongside defensive tactic creator.

thanks - sorry I know that overlaps with 'wishlist'

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

There's been a few discussions about work permits, there's been a few links flying around in the past. Details can be found here - http://www.danielgeey.com/the-foreigner-debate-the-fas-new-work-permit-regulations-explained/

That's a great bit of information, is there any scope for including that (or the interpretation of which FM applies) to the game somewhere. Perhaps on the screen that shows agreements like EU movement could also have a tab under it for any relevant work permit rules. 

Probably strayed into feature request territory here, but it certainly explains why some work permits that seemed unlikely at best got approved.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, westy8chimp said:

that's where all their fans come from :lol:

sorry neil while you are on it ... I'm going to bump a thread from a while back... just the bottom question I would like a clear-(ish) answer to. Thanks

When I pick a speciality player role it comes with some fixed and or some unavailable PI. Presumably this is to prevent clear contradictions i.e. advanced playmaker cannot be set to play fewer risky passes

is there any thought to adding a similar theory when choosing your tactical shape and mentality? i.e. I can select 'Attacking' [described as high tempo, direct passing], yet I can still choose the TI 'low tempo' ... 'shorter passing', 'retain possession'

Is it intentional to allow this ... to make it harder for players to make tactical decisions... or is the wording ambiguous for the Attacking mentality description etc...? I find it odd that in an SI discussion revolving around player roles and PI didn't overlap to team shape/mentality and TI.

Also some clarification on your formation: is it definitely 'your defensive shape'? then we are intended to use TI/PI to turn that defensive shape into attack... if so ... why are so many players preferred position AML/AMR when in real life those players and most formations defensively would have attacking wide men drop back to some extent ... either bank of 4 or in extreme cases to form a back 6. and is there any thought then to add attacking tactic creator alongside defensive tactic creator.

thanks - sorry I know that overlaps with 'wishlist'

The match engine guys would be better suited to discuss this but there's no plans to split the way the game works in this way. The positions, formations, instructions and roles already cover both phases.  

• Administrators
44 minutes ago, santy001 said:

That's a great bit of information, is there any scope for including that (or the interpretation of which FM applies) to the game somewhere. Perhaps on the screen that shows agreements like EU movement could also have a tab under it for any relevant work permit rules. 

Probably strayed into feature request territory here, but it certainly explains why some work permits that seemed unlikely at best got approved.

Probably best to stick that in the feature request forum and it'll be picked up next time we do a sweep. Thanks. 

17 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

Every single thing in game is done 'in-house' so I don't really understand what you mean by this one? 

I heard in another thread that last year or year before, the regen faces were outsourced. 

On 13/1/2017 at 17:12, Neil Brock said:

I believe it's due to the fact we can't have players under a certain age for legal reasons - if we had U17 youth teams in there would barely be any players eligible for the competitions. 

I understand, but this problem would disappear after the first year in the game, with regens.

I would like to know if it could be implemented the option to change youth teams through editor with the new patch, where should I better ask for it? Thank you!

Quick question for Neil.....  Any chance of putting a quick patch out on FMT to allow me to get rid of Dmitri Payet?!  Tried transfer listing him but he just sulks (surprise) and no-one will put a bid in.  A small patch with him going on strike and forcing a move to Marseille hard coded would be much appreciated so I don't end up looking like the bad guy!!!   :rolleyes:

On 5/12/2016 at 13:51, Olly Kenney said:

It being dynamic was incorrect in previous versions.

Can we do anything to change it??I mean through editor..Any luck in next update Si "fix" it??And do you know the date of next update??Sorry for asking so many questions..:D

• Administrators
On 1/15/2017 at 15:11, Sussex Hammer said:

Quick question for Neil.....  Any chance of putting a quick patch out on FMT to allow me to get rid of Dmitri Payet?!  Tried transfer listing him but he just sulks (surprise) and no-one will put a bid in.  A small patch with him going on strike and forcing a move to Marseille hard coded would be much appreciated so I don't end up looking like the bad guy!!!   :rolleyes:

I'm afraid not. Depending on what happens this may be reflected in the post-January Window transfer update. 

On 15/01/2017 at 22:11, Sussex Hammer said:

You can always purchase and use the IGE for that!

33 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

You can always purchase and use the IGE for that!

I play FMT so no editor.  Hopefully Marseille will stump up 30 million and I'll get the cash in the next update!!

Update from last comment :   Having said that he has just scored 4 goals including two free kicks for me in a Champions League qualifier so just leave it as it is Neil no matter what happens!!!  :lol:

If I play a away game and the pitch size is wide than my home, and I want my team to cover the same ratio of pitch as at home, should I increase the width of my formation, or my team will automatically for the pitch size (so automatic increase the gap between each position as well)?

12 hours ago, forameuss said:

Why?  Genuine question.

well, considering SEGA being investing and making developments with VR and the partnership SI / SEGA it might be something to consider. Personally, I think it would be great to put some VR glasses and have a virtual input like being at the pitch.

On 1/10/2017 at 15:57, Jupjamie said:

What determines whether your club is suitable for a Youth Recruitment upgrade or not?

I ask because this is a quote from someone at SI a few years back:

"Youth recruitment rating is not only tied to finances, but it is also dependent on club location and nationality as these will affect the recruitment possibilities in the nearby regions. Having all the money in the world will not suddenly make the local talent pool amazing or even much better than it has been previously, but having more money and better facilities means you can make the most out of the talent that you can recruit to your youth system.

Look at it this way (an extreme example I know), if you took the richest team in the world with the best facilities and coaching staff and placed the team into Greenland, would you expect them to churn out golden generations of newgens all the time?"

Which all makes sense - but people have been finding that their team can't upgrade Youth Recruitment, while teams in the same country and city, with significantly lower reputation, finances, and facilities can. Is there something else that goes into Youth Recruitment? Does it work differently for AI and human controlled teams?

Thanks.

Any answer to this?

Spoiler

Hi there,

As one of the older Fm’ers and now a dad of a one year old, playing the full version of fm is a tad time consuming (I’m on fm15). I understand that there is the classic option that you can play but you cannot use an edited database.  Will there be any plans(for future versions) to change this? My reason for asking is that I have changed the Scottish league set from the dull 4times a year business to having 4 leagues of 18.

Second question, occasionally I like to play using the non real players option. Is there a way of  creating players to add to that, in other words adding yourself, friends in etc?

Apologies if the above has already been asked.

cheers!

Does having a Son in the game happen randomly (in terms of seasons/years) every save you play or is it completely random and could happen after the first season in one save but then never in one you have been playing for 50 years? Many thanks for the reply.

(I'm hoping it's the first option)

16 minutes ago, SortitoutsiVP said:

Does having a Son in the game happen randomly (in terms of seasons/years) every save you play or is it completely random and could happen after the first season in one save but then never in one you have been playing for 50 years? Many thanks for the reply.

Completely random every time there is an intake in the full game.

1/10,000 is the normal odds mentioned while I think your manager has to be a minimum age for it to happen.

1 minute ago, Cougar2010 said:

1/10,000 is the normal odds mentioned while I think your manager has to be a minimum age for it to happen.

That's a shame then, though i do at least have age on my side.

• Administrators
3 hours ago, dragosani said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Hi there,

As one of the older Fm’ers and now a dad of a one year old, playing the full version of fm is a tad time consuming (I’m on fm15). I understand that there is the classic option that you can play but you cannot use an edited database.  Will there be any plans(for future versions) to change this? My reason for asking is that I have changed the Scottish league set from the dull 4times a year business to having 4 leagues of 18.

Second question, occasionally I like to play using the non real players option. Is there a way of  creating players to add to that, in other words adding yourself, friends in etc?

Apologies if the above has already been asked.

cheers!

It is unlikely, I would have to say :( , but we are well aware of requests on the forum for it. That doesn't mean it's not something we may be able do in future. FM Touch is designed for Tablet and PC, and it's important it's consistent across both as they are the same game on different platforms and compliment each other with Cross Save.

You can use Create a Club to create extra players, or use the Design a Son unlockable in the game. 

• Administrators
On 1/17/2017 at 10:58, rimisark said:

Any answer to this?

Asked the coder responsible about this, he said as follows:

It has changed since a bit as we added the Nation Youth Rating which covers the national talent pool aspect. however each club has an expected youth recruitment value that acts as a guideline for the board on what level they should be on. That is based on the club reputation, nation league standard (top division rep), professional status, financial status as well as level of youth facilities and junior coaching,

So in other words, as the league and team improves so too potentially can your youth intake. Hope that's clear. 

1 hour ago, Neil Brock said:

So in other words, as the league and team improves so too potentially can your youth intake. Hope that's clear. 

Thanks. It is clear, but...First if it is National based(0 is worst, 20 is best in country), not worldwide based, why best team in country by reputation, facilities, finances could not upgrade to even average youth recruitment which is 9-10.

I think there is a  big problem with youth recruitment. I tested this and results made non sense. The best  team in country can not upgrade youth recruitment if league reputation is low. Even to average level. Example, team reputation is 5500(twice better then others), youth recruitment is 7, league reputation is 41(2100). But this attribute is on National scale. Usually best clubs in country have 20 in Youth Recruitment by researchers, why in game human manager could not upgrade it to average. Nation Youth rating cover national talent pool (quantity and quality), youth recruitment with HofYD, coaches, scouts must help to find best players from National talent pool. This is not possible now. There is a thread in this forum where users post examples. No logic at all, league reputation to stop in this way youth recruitment, because league reputation is on worldwide scale. Youth recruitment is on National scale. I tested over 100 times, with every factor that tend to have some correlation with youth development.  For me, it is very hard to upgrade youth recruitment in leagues with low reputation. But there is no logic in that.This is annoying.  Youth recruitment is drive from facilities, youth coaching, club reputation, finance, staff compared with other teams from that country. The current system is archaic. Nation youth rating is static. Far from realistic. And for that youth recruitment is used to stop developing national youth pool.

3 hours ago, SortitoutsiVP said:

3 hours ago, Cougar2010 said:

I've been playing CM/FM since 1991, so around 26 years and I've never had a son.  I've had short saves and very long saves that take me past 2050.  As Cougar says, it's completely random and the odds are something like 1/10,000 so that probably makes it all the more special when you do get a son...

...as I've just done!  For the very first time!!!!!

He's not fantastic but he looks like he could be decent for the level I'm currently playing at in my save :D

McMqHh2.png

Ryan Rawlings (24A)

Profile Overview | Attributes Overview | Information Overview | | Coach Report

4 minutes ago, Cougar2010 said:

@Raware

I've been playing as long as you have and I've never had a son either so congrats :D

1 minute ago, SortitoutsiVP said:

Yeah i've played just as long and nothing yet, maybe one day...

I suppose the slim chances of getting one are what make it even more special!  I've just got to get a stadium named after me now! :D

3 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

@Neil Brock would you be able to get some of the coders to have a look at this thread

there is an awful lot of evidence that seems to say there is a major issue with youth recruitment levels that has a negative impact on some of the youth only saves being run!!!

54 minutes ago, Barside said:

tfb I do not think anyone has quantified the impact by assessing the quality of youth prosects coming through at their club.

Why this can stop the progress and club to grow?

On 1/13/2017 at 15:16, Neil Brock said:

Oh and if you're asking a question in here, generally ask an individual question rather than a long list please. The individual ones have a chance of being answered, the really long ones it's harder to find the time to do so.

Cheers. 

Are you the only person that works for SI? I have asked several individual questions, none of which have been answered. I thought this thread was called ask SI anything, not ask Neil Brock anything

I'm interested to know what I should do to increase some of my manager attributes. They are: working with youngsters, adaptability, determination and level of discipline.

Background: Started unemployed with the lowest coaching badge & sunday league rep, now into my 6th season and all of those attributes are still set at 1, which is how I set them at the start of the save. My licence now is Continental A.

I'm managing my 2nd country abroad and doing fine, more than what is expected of me, so one would say I'm adapting. I also integrate and develop a lot of youth players into my first team and my signings are also quite young usually, so I would expect I work with youngsters decently. I'm also pretty strict, giving warnings and fines to players when needed. Also constantly interacting with the board and sometimes getting my way. All of these aforementioned things should affect those attributes, shouldn't they?

12 hours ago, OhHoopedOne said:

Are you the only person that works for SI? I have asked several individual questions, none of which have been answered. I thought this thread was called ask SI anything, not ask Neil Brock anything

The title of the thread was decided on by the user who started it and wasn't initiated by SI.  Neil,Brock is the senior staff member at SI who is responsible for the forums, so it is most likely that he will be the SI staff member who is most active.  If he doesnt know an answer he knows where to find it

13 hours ago, Cougar2010 said:

@Raware

I've been playing as long as you have and I've never had a son either so congrats :D

I don't think I have..how would you know would it be a news item? (im asking the wrong person as u haven't had one either). do you get told when they are born or when they sign for a team?

12 minutes ago, westy8chimp said:

I don't think I have..how would you know would it be a news item? (im asking the wrong person as u haven't had one either). do you get told when they are born or when they sign for a team?

They come in your youth intake, they have the same surname as you and for the last few versions they also list you as father on their info section.

On older versions they just had the same surname which meant users had to have "odd" surnames to be confident they were a son.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, RoPS83 said:

I'm interested to know what I should do to increase some of my manager attributes. They are: working with youngsters, adaptability, determination and level of discipline.

Background: Started unemployed with the lowest coaching badge & sunday league rep, now into my 6th season and all of those attributes are still set at 1, which is how I set them at the start of the save. My licence now is Continental A.

I'm managing my 2nd country abroad and doing fine, more than what is expected of me, so one would say I'm adapting. I also integrate and develop a lot of youth players into my first team and my signings are also quite young usually, so I would expect I work with youngsters decently. I'm also pretty strict, giving warnings and fines to players when needed. Also constantly interacting with the board and sometimes getting my way. All of these aforementioned things should affect those attributes, shouldn't they?

I'd agree so it could well be an issue worth raising in the bugs forum here - https://community.sigames.com/forum/518-other-gameplay-issues/

Thanks. 

• Administrators
On 12/11/2016 at 07:33, OhHoopedOne said:

If a player enters the last year of his contract and demands too much money to be given a new one, why can't I tell him that's the reason he's been put on the transfer list?

Because that's not currently an option available in game. Raise it in the feature request forums and it can be considered for a future version. Thanks. 

• Administrators
On 12/11/2016 at 07:33, OhHoopedOne said:

If a player enters the last year of his contract and demands too much money to be given a new one, why can't I tell him that's the reason he's been put on the transfer list?

Because that's not currently an option available in game. Raise it in the feature request forums and it can be considered for a future version. Thanks. 

• Administrators
12 hours ago, OhHoopedOne said:

I've looked at some of your questions and essentially they are "Why isn't X feature in the game?".

The reason being it hasn't been added at this point. It may have been logged as a feature request but so far hasn't either been considered something we want in game or important enough to be in game. It may be worth raising it on the features forums if you feel it's something important which should be in there. 

Thanks. 

19 hours ago, Barside said:

tfb I do not think anyone has quantified the impact by assessing the quality of youth prosects coming through at their club.

True, but I'm not sure we have to rule out every possible explanation before it should be investigated or treated as a defect. The official explanation is that "club reputation, nation league standard (top division rep), professional status, financial status as well as level of youth facilities and junior coaching" drive youth recruitment decisions. Players are experiencing other clubs in the same league being able to upgrade youth recruitment despite being the top reputation club with professional status and the best youth facilities and junior coaching; therefore, it seems either the official explanation is missing something or it's a bug, no?

Not having a moan or claiming it's gamebreaking. I'm genuinely interested in the mechanics and would love to understand more about how they work, especially since youth-only saves seems to be an increasingly popular way of playing. I'm sure we could get a person or two to share their saves if SI would like to have a look; when they did that with a "no one will buy my players!!!" thread a few months back it really provided clarity on transfers and put some misconceptions to bed.

59 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Yeah to be honest the aspects in regards to not being able upgrade certain youth aspects sounds like it could be a bug and ideally needs to be raised with an example here - https://community.sigames.com/forum/518-other-gameplay-issues/

Thanks. 

Cheers, Neil! Really appreciate the response. We'll hopefully get a couple of save games posted soon.

19 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

Given that this is a game that seems to pride itself on it's realism this is is a very surprising and strange omimission from the player interaction options when having a conversation. It is particuarly annoying when the rest of squad then get upset at your treatment of the player and you can't tell them your reasons either which can lead to quite long periods of discontent amongst the squad. Also I'm pretty sure that it used to be possible to tell a player this in FM but this option was removed a few FMs ago(maybe FM 13 or 14?)for some reason or another

1 hour ago, samuelawachie said:

What's going on with the Tactics forum? Have you guys been hacked or something? If yes, what did they get?

It has been sorted. Was just spam that every other forum gets.

Archived