Football Manager 2016 - 16.2.0 Official feedback thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators
Anyone else noticing their strikers not being able to score for toffee since the update? Played 6 games since, and my previously free scoring team are missing absolute sitters for fun now? Little tweak of the tactics needed methinks.

Just played a game with Leicester and Jamie Vardy scored 4 :D

Yeah I think it could be tactical.

Anyone else noticing their strikers not being able to score for toffee since the update? Played 6 games since, and my previously free scoring team are missing absolute sitters for fun now? Little tweak of the tactics needed methinks.

If anything, an observation from 3 matches played is that shooting and finishing is better IMO.

This hasn`t been fixed.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/441278-Player-Instructions-not-saving-with-Tactics-file

That means I still can`t save tactics midgame cause I lose all individual instructions when I load it. Strange, cause if I save a new tactic in the tactics screen, it goes to the tactics list and I can load it from there, where individual instructions are preserved.

Isn`t it the case that saving tactics midgame would save it to the list. This is so inconsistent, and renders the game virtually unusable to me. Really frustrating after all this time it hasn`t been fixed.

• Administrators

As Tony Fallows said within the bug:

Please be aware as well acabreira, there is no guarantee that any issue can be safely resolved with any potential future updates.

I think it being to 'Resolved' is a bit misleading as it means the issue has been logged and the devs are looking into it. But given the risk factor of any kind of fix, they weren't able to address this issue for this update as far as I'm aware.

• Administrators

Anyone with 'lag', please raise it in the tech forums in your own thread and I'll try to address it. Normally lag is caused by anti-virus conflicting with a game post update, so it's always worth checking your settings.

Just updated and I am currently launching the game.

Well, I have been for the past 10 minutes and counting :(

I am at the screen with the huge Football Manager 16 logo and 'loading' showing in the bottom right corner, cycling through many different language versions of 'loading'.

(Have not yet got to the main menu where I can start or load a game)

Has anyone else been stuck here?

Any known fix?

:(

As Tony Fallows said within the bug:

I think it being to 'Resolved' is a bit misleading as it means the issue has been logged and the devs are looking into it. But given the risk factor of any kind of fix, they weren't able to address this issue for this update as far as I'm aware.

Let`s be honest, Neil, the devs aren`t looking into it, for it is a matter of consistency rather than a hard fix. As I told you, if you are in the tactics screen and save it, it goes to the tactics list, and instructions are preserved, so it is kind of ´fixed´ already, the code is inside FM itself!

I've played 7 games post patch - 20 goals vs 3 conceded.

Observations :

I haven't noticed a single slack back pass.

Defender positioning is much better. Pre patch I was constantly being caught out with simple lobs over the top due to my CB's constantly being dragged out of position , this no longer happens , full back positioning is also much better.

Players in the midfield seem to be playing much better, especially roles like B2B (who now actually gets into the opponents box) , overall play is better to watch now it's not all fullbacks bombing forward into the massive space left pre patch.

Top work.

Sutton Coldfield

Season 3

Mid-season review

At the mid-point of Season 3 for my Sutton Coldfield team, I can safely say that things are looking up. 21 matches in, we sit 2nd (38 points), trailing AFC Telford (45 points) while keeping just ahead of Harrogate, Altrincham, and Chester (38, 37, 36 points respectively). If we make the playoffs, I like our chances, as we've not lost to a top-5 team so far this season---so I know we can play with these teams and have a chance.

We went out of the cups early --- losing to FC United (just back up into the VNN this season) in a thrilling extra-time replay of the FAC 3QR which went to a total of 17 penalty kicks for the decider. We also only made the FAT 3QR this year, a let-down after last seasons progress...but it allows me to concentrate on the league now, and getting promoted out of this accursed league :)

So far, I've only brought in 4 new faces -- 3 defenders and a midfielder. I've another pair of DCs on trial, and am looking closely at another couple midfielders as the end of the calendar year draws near. I still need a bit of cover and a little more rotation options, especially as a couple more players left or got poached mid-season. So far this season, I've only played 22 distinct players in my first team matches...down 3 from last season (a season in which I placed last with 25 distinct players played). Still...I seem to be keeping players happy, and I can't argue with our results...so I'm really only looking for depth at this time.

So far, stand-out performances are last year's scoring leader Sayers (19 goals so far this season) and perennial favorite Ricketts-Hopkinson (9 goals/6 assists). Right Fullback Hatch and newcomer MC George Dowling are joint leaders on 7.3 AvR, with Hatch contributing 9 assists of his own.

With no cups to worry about, and with just one or two depth players brought in, we can press on and capture at least a playoff spot. Oh, that, and a little bit of luck at the right time!

Urm.. wrong thread?

Is there any way to only play with the previous version, because this update sucks all enjoyment out my game. I always play on extended and that gave me a really good idea what was working and how i should proceed. Now however i get no highlight whatsoever for 15 or more minutes and it's become impossible to guess the right shouts or tactic adjustment. My team was top of the league in third division Belgium, had a really solid defence and were the number 1 in ball possession as well, but that's all out the door now. My back fortress just got tiki-taka'ed at home and they just deposited the ball into the empty goal...oh well, at least i got my life back now :)

• Administrators
Just loaded my Gibraltar save and all the players names are incorrect they all look turkish ?? Loaded a new game also and they aren't correct players ??

Try this - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/437015-Football-Manager-2016-Frequently-Asked-Questions?p=10533589&viewfull=1#post10533589

Let me know if it helps.

• Administrators
Is there any way to only play with the previous version, because this update sucks all enjoyment out my game. I always play on extended and that gave me a really good idea what was working and how i should proceed. Now however i get no highlight whatsoever for 15 or more minutes and it's become impossible to guess the right shouts or tactic adjustment. My team was top of the league in third division Belgium, had a really solid defence and were the number 1 in ball possession as well, but that's all out the door now. My back fortress just got tiki-taka'ed at home and they just deposited the ball into the empty goal...oh well, at least i got my life back now :)

I'd suggest changing your tactics. Yes it's frustrating that an update can sometimes make a decent tactic not so good, but being a manager is partially about adapting to problems! Good luck ;)

Just updated and I am currently launching the game.

Well, I have been for the past 10 minutes and counting :(

I am at the screen with the huge Football Manager 16 logo and 'loading' showing in the bottom right corner, cycling through many different language versions of 'loading'.

(Have not yet got to the main menu where I can start or load a game)

Has anyone else been stuck here?

Any known fix?

:(

Went and had dinner, came back now 40 minutes later and it is still stuck at the loading screen.....

Anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

Went and had dinner, came back now 40 minutes later and it is still stuck at the loading screen.....

Anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

Ok, fixed it!

I deleted my preferences folder (instructions here http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/437015-Football-Manager-2016-Frequently-Asked-Questions?p=10524619&viewfull=1#post10524619) and I deleted my caches folder (instructions here http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/437015-Football-Manager-2016-Frequently-Asked-Questions?p=10524620&viewfull=1#post10524620)

Happy days! :)

Ctrl+Shift+Esc, End Task, try running it again.

Already fixed.

It's a pity that defensive players (CD's, DM's etc.) on minimum closing down still close down (way) too much, to put pressure on the free man on the ball, instead of keeping shape, instead of 'braking'. (Don't know if you can say it like that in English.)

Barclays_Premier_League_Partite_Calendario_e_Ri.jpg

Since the Update the game does not display past results anymore in the "fixtures/results" tab. It does display the current one, but that too vanishes once you move back a week and then to the current week.

while this image is with a custom skin, i am getting the same with the default skin as well.

Stopped bothering with 16.1 a couple of weeks back due to the fact that an absolutely ridiculous number of goals both scored and conceded were from crosses (mostly to my benefit), while chances not arising from crosses were squandered at an equally ridiculous rate by both my team and the opposition, not to mention ridiculous amounts of Hollywood balls that were obviously never going to come off. Hoping to see significant improvements in all respects.

Barclays_Premier_League_Partite_Calendario_e_Ri.jpg

Since the Update the game does not display past results anymore in the "fixtures/results" tab. It does display the current one, but that too vanishes once you move back a week and then to the current week.

while this image is with a custom skin, i am getting the same with the default skin as well.

Have the same thing here.

I use the detailed view and sometimes everything comes up as normal.

If i change it to basic and back again everything is gone. It's hit and miss whether results and/or fixtures will show on basic view.

Wouldn't it be relatively easy to get a passport from that nation in a lot of cases, thus having it make sense that players could be considered eligible for the nation they were born in? Of course I don't know Scottish laws, but when you look at for example Januzaj who was eligible for like 5+ countries due to all kinds of different reasons it doesn't make much sense to have the player ineligible for Scotland.

My good friend was born in Germany yet has no passport. It's rare but it does happen.

Yikes guys... In the Defensive Strategy there are some serious issues.

1: You have that big jump from Closing Down 'Sometimes' down to Closing Down 'Much Less' - well, unless you implement a Ball Winning Midfielder then the 'Less' option appears strangely enough, but still most of the players (including the Central Midfielder on Defend Duty where his description says Close Down 'More') have 'Much Less' Closing Down settings.

2: Players that have Defensive Duties are totally disconnected from Support Duty players.

The first problem is really problematic because 'Sometimes' (regardless of Defensive Line settings) is visually too heavy and 'Much Less' (regardless of Defensive Line settings as well) is visually way too passive - the gap is immense and implementing the Ball Winning Midfielder which gives you the Closing Down option of 'Less' looks identical to 'Much Less' (statistically with match stats too).

What looked like the game was close to having a strategy type of game play pre 16.2.0 has more or less turned into that one tactic that will conquer all...

Was really excited that there was an update. And after spending the past two hours trying to get FM to launch, I'm moderately less excited. Much less excited that I took a day off of work on Friday to see Stars Wars and FM the rest of the day.

Edit - and as soon as I complain, I find a way for Steam to finally launch it.

Once the game starts updating there isn't any way of going back to a previous version. You can set Steam to only download updates when you tell it to, which I'd suggest doing in the future if you're not intending on updating your game.

a>

http://postimg.org/image/hsrj8qlyl/

Where is the option to NOT update?

[sorry I don't know how to get the jpg to appear directly]

nb. as it happens the creators of my chosen skin, Andromeda, and utilities Genie and FMRTE have been super-fast in updating so that I can continue my game, but that's no thanks to the invasiveness of Steam :thdn:

Player asks for a new contract. You say contract will be offered. You offer one, but player refuses because he believes they're too good for the squad. Then they get pissy because you didn't offer a contract.

I can't believe they didn't fix this. Now I've lost my two best players. Thanks a Goddamn bunch. This isn't even an issue new to FM16. It was happening in FM14. It's like SI have no interest in anyone who doesn't manage Chelsea.

Your final sentence is not anywhere close to being accurate, especially are your issue isn't club specific.

As for your issue please raise it in the bugs forum, ideally with a save shortly before the players ask for new deals.

Archived