Football Manager 2016 - 16.2.0 Official feedback thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yet again Si is refusing to accept that the vast majority of FM players do NOT use the default skin so why the hell didn't they test this update with a popular third party skin ?? Ridiculous ! and their response to complaining skin makers is "go sort it out for yourself" !!!

Tested game without skin, no crash dump. Loaded back with skin and crash.

Using Vitrex16 v2.0.

Thanks for letting us know.

Yet again Si is refusing to accept that the vast majority of FM players do NOT use the default skin so why the hell didn't they test this update with a popular third party skin ?? Ridiculous ! and their response to complaining skin makers is "go sort it out for yourself" !!!

This issue isn't happening with all skins, just a few, which suggests it's something that is fixable for those skin makers.

Absolutely agree here! Like the 100+ hours of hard work people put into skinning are worth nothing to SI. Come on guys, please... You have a HUGE community of players who do custom skinning, this affects so many people, and it won't work just blaming it all on their skins. At least you have them now, but let's see how long they stay loyal if you can't look inwards as well.

And no, it happens with ALL skins:

WannaChupBrew, Andromeda, Vitrex, DasZ8, Flut, AndroFlut so please....

I'm not entirely sure that's a full list of all skins. WannaChupBrew doesn't suffer from the issue from what we've seen. Andromeda and Vitrez do, while AndroFlut uses Andromeda as a base for their skin, so it's not surprising that they're getting the same issue. We've tested quite a few here that aren't seeing these issues, along with a few that are. I think the fact that we're quite visibly looking at which skins are causing the issues is a good indicator that we're not just telling skin makers to "go sort it out for yourself" and are actively looking for ways to get people back playing using whatever skin they choose.

Absolutely agree here! Like the 100+ hours of hard work people put into skinning are worth nothing to SI. Come on guys, please... You have a HUGE community of players who do custom skinning, this affects so many people, and it won't work just blaming it all on their skins. At least you have them now, but let's see how long they stay loyal if you can't look inwards as well.

So would you honestly prefer SI to delay an update several days, if not several weeks, to work with custom skin makers so that the percentage of users who use custom skins have no delay after release? Or maybe release the update so everyone encountering the issues that needed patching have them fixed, and then work to get custom skins working? Which seems more reasonable....?

Just my luck, tried custom skins for FM16 for the first time today and now skins don't work after this update :D

Happy to see these fixes:

- Improved defending of full backs who were tucking in inappropriately

- Fixed some instances of poor back passes and goalkeepers lack of reaction to them

• SI Staff
signing any staff for u19s even for big clubd (bayern) now an issue when it wasnt previously. was there a tweak in staff reps? also seems to be some new scouts.. have new staff been added?

Could you elaborate a little further on the issues you are having with U19 staff please?

Cheers,

Ben

In almost every game, graphists update their skins when developers release an update. Most of the time, a couple hours of work will allow everyone to enjoy their skin again. You should stop complaining so much about it, switch to the skins which work for now and wait for skin updates.

You should be happy we got an update fixing one of the most important part of the game, the match engine. They're already working hard enough (and there's a lot to do for sure) not to care about every people's work outside SI.

• SI Staff
I just got a newgen at Norwich born in Scotland who is only eligible for England. I am not sure this can be the case IRL, unless he is suppose to have declared for England age 16 and with Conference-level potential rating? (No save from before sorry)

Hey An Olive Branch,

This is indeed possible.

In reality you'd need a passport from that country. People are often born in other countries (for example due to parents' work or holiday) and have no nationality from that nation.

• SI Staff
signing any staff for u19s even for big clubd (bayern) now an issue when it wasnt previously. was there a tweak in staff reps? also seems to be some new scouts.. have new staff been added?

To answer your new staff question: there have been no DB changes, which would include no addition of new scouts.

• Administrators

This is a feedback thread. If you have an issue with a skin, we'd suggest raising it in the skinning hideout or the bugs forum.

I've posted a thread about the issue with some skins here - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/446831-Update-16-2-0-Issue-Game-Crashing-with-Certain-Custom-Skins?p=10631750#post10631750

Thanks.

Hey An Olive Branch,

This is indeed possible.

In reality you'd need a passport from that country. People are often born in other countries (for example due to parents' work or holiday) and have no nationality from that nation.

I hear you, but I don't think Scotland and England have passports.

They are all British so they revert to the Gentlemen's agreement of birth, parent's birth or grandparent's birth (or 5 years of schooling(controversial)). Even if he qualified for England through the school rule (or more likely an ancestor's birth this wouldn't revoke his Scottish qualification as I understand it.

It would therefore only be possible if he declared, which I don't think is likely in his situation - although not impossible.

Please read the Changlist linked in the OP...

GRAPHICS

- Improved Retina graphics benchmarking (requires cleared cache & preferences)

- Fixed issue with black ball on Macs

- Fixed extreme and sudden change from rain to shine

Can you explain the 'Improved Retina graphics benchmarking' please? What is this?

Appreciated

Hey An Olive Branch,

This is indeed possible.

Wouldn't it be relatively easy to get a passport from that nation in a lot of cases, thus having it make sense that players could be considered eligible for the nation they were born in? Of course I don't know Scottish laws, but when you look at for example Januzaj who was eligible for like 5+ countries due to all kinds of different reasons it doesn't make much sense to have the player ineligible for Scotland.

Don't be ridiculous.. just like any game which has mods, sometimes they aren't compatible with updates to the core game...

Skinning is no different and requires the skin creator to update their work.. that is all.

Go check any other modded game and you'll find the same thing.. Skyrim and starbound are great examples of this.

Don't want to hear any of this ridiculous blame game anymore thanks.

• SI Staff
I hear you, but I don't think Scotland and England have passports.

They are all British so they revert to the Gentlemen's agreement of birth, parent's birth or grandparent's birth (or 5 years of schooling(controversial)). Even if he qualified for England through the school rule (or more likely an ancestor's birth this wouldn't revoke his Scottish qualification as I understand it.

It would therefore only be possible if he declared, which I don't think is likely in his situation - although not impossible.

Agreed the passport example was poor considering we are talking about Scotland/England here.

However, as far as I understand it you do not qualify for Scottish nationality from simply having been born there. As you say you require parentage or schooling native to Scotland.

It is possible for a newgen to have been born in a country that he does not qualify for, as would seem to be the case here.

Agreed the passport example was poor considering we are talking about Scotland/England here.

However, as far as I understand it you do not qualify for Scottish nationality from simply having been born there. As you say you require parentage or schooling native to Scotland.

It is possible for a newgen to have been born in a country that he does not qualify for, as would seem to be the case here.

If you are a british national then you do if you are born there

1. A Player who, under the terms of art. 5, is eligible to represent more than one Association on account of his nationality, may play in an international match for one of these Associations only if, in addition to having the relevant nationality, he fulfils at least one of the following conditions:

a) He was born on the territory of the relevant Association;

b) His biological mother or biological father was born on the territory of the relevant Association;

c) His grandmother or grandfather was born on the territory of the relevant Association;

d) He has engaged in a minimum of five years education under the age of 18 within the territory of the relevant association.

• SI Staff
If you are a british national then you do if you are born there

1. A Player who, under the terms of art. 5, is eligible to represent more than one Association on account of his nationality, may play in an international match for one of these Associations only if, in addition to having the relevant nationality, he fulfils at least one of the following conditions:

a) He was born on the territory of the relevant Association;

b) His biological mother or biological father was born on the territory of the relevant Association;

c) His grandmother or grandfather was born on the territory of the relevant Association;

d) He has engaged in a minimum of five years education under the age of 18 within the territory of the relevant association.

Appreciate the discussion, but this isn't the place to take this one any further.

By all means start a post in the bug forum if you believe you have one, but this thread should be left for feedback now.

Cheers,

Seb.

Archived