Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.3.0

this injury complaints here are really annoying. personally i do not experience them, i can say i even have less then "normal" despite being at amateur club that doesn't train properly. but what is more annoying is SI.

Why they wouldn't do a tick box at the beginning of the game no injuries, or 50 per cent less injuries so people who moan can finally stop it and enjoy? i understand there is game editor that you can buy and it prevents injuries or something like that, but why not let people play as they want? no sackings, no injuries, buy the best youngsters for no money at all... i imagine this place would become actual feedback place instead of continuous moaning room.

Just because you haven't experienced something doesn't mean there isn't an issue. For example, i've had 59 match injuries in 48 games this season 28 of which were red injuries that required a sub. I'm no stat expert but i can't think of any teams that have had that many players taken off injured in one season. And the season isn't over yet!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just because you haven't experienced something doesn't mean there isn't an issue. For example, i've had 59 match injuries in 48 games this season 28 of which were red injuries that required a sub. I'm no stat expert but i can't think of any teams that have had that many players taken off injured in one season. And the season isn't over yet!

Surely though if there was an injury bug then everyone would be experiencing it, I'm not having any problems re injuries but a mate of mine is, it's only a bug when it affects everyone.

I think having a good fitness coaches and physios make a huge difference.

worked, thanks.

another issue..

after the patch, my last name and first name are now swapped around.. minor issue, but a bit weird..?

Check preferences.. should be an option to how you would like your name to be formatted .. to do with other cultures customs with naming of course..

Weird that it changed though.

Out of curiosity, is anyone seeing loads of penatlies being given, I can get an average of 2-3 per pre season game at the moment, don't know if it's because the player quality of opponents are bad or a bug, I'll keep checking as I go through the season and report it if it carries on.

For the past 4 or 5 months (in game) Peter Beardsley keeps getting his coaching badge delayed is this a bug? and please not while i am updated to the latest patch it began with the older patch i just didn't think every month for about 5 months would get the same message over and over. Can i take him off from trying to get the badge?

Surely though if there was an injury bug then everyone would be experiencing it, I'm not having any problems re injuries but a mate of mine is, it's only a bug when it affects everyone.

I think having a good fitness coaches and physios make a huge difference.

I can't agree with that. Unless you're playing as the same team as me, with the same players, same tactics etc and got drastically different results would it just be an anomaly. Obviously not everyone is experiencing it as everyone uses different teams and plays in different ways.

All i'm saying is that while I accept that something i'm doing is increasing the likelihood of injuries, the effects seem a bit extreme.

I have played quite a few games since the update and overall I am quite happy, the ME itself is very good and some of the football is a delight to watch.

With regard to injuries I am realistic and I would expect from a squad of 22 to have maybe 4 or 5 players out injured at any given time, maybe even slightly more if I have a run of bad luck.

I am not sure what the tests show that SI have undoubtedly ran with regards to match injuries, these do seem a bit high with my subs basically just being used for injured or players that have picked up knocks and my assistant says we should take off.

I have finished a few games now where in the last 10-15 minutes we had to play with 10 men as my subs had been used and another player got injured, on 1 occassion we finished with 9 with 2 players picking up injuries.

I don't use 'close down more' or 'get stuck in' or anything that would seem to cause so many knocks/injuries.

Also on the subject of the assistant manager, he seems more useless than ever, almost every game we play after only 6 or so minutes he wants to rip my tactic apart, if I am using short passing he will tell me to go more direct, if I am going direct he will tell me to go short passing, in my very last game there he told me after 10 minutes to go direct and then 2 minutes later he told me to play it short and retain possession.

Also when telling me individual player tactics for the opposition he seems at war with himself, on the 44th minute he tells me a player needs to be tightly marked, I do the changes for this, then 1 minute later at half time I ask him for the tactical changes and he cancels the player being tightly marked, 2 minutes into the second half he is again telling me the player should be tightly marked, the guy is a bit of a lunatic, if I followed everything this guy said and did all the changes then the players would not know what the hell they were suppose to be doing.

That part of the game could use a lot of love.

jelen-super-liga-stats-i.pngjelen-super-liga-stats-i.pngjelen-super-liga-stats-i.png

Only 2 rounds in play, teams are playing with 6-7 u19 players because of the injuries... I'm playing with Crvena Zvezda and before this screen was taken one of my loaned player got injured for 7 months so i had do terminate the loan...

I can't agree with that. Unless you're playing as the same team as me, with the same players, same tactics etc and got drastically different results would it just be an anomaly. Obviously not everyone is experiencing it as everyone uses different teams and plays in different ways.

All i'm saying is that while I accept that something i'm doing is increasing the likelihood of injuries, the effects seem a bit extreme.

Correct, the question is, what causes some to suffer far more than the average while others don't.

Is it just bad luck possibly combined with doing something wrong?

Is it an unfortunate mix of players and or training and tactics?

Impossible to tell without analysing every save.

If you suffer the problem you can either start again in the hope it was a rogue save or keep trying different mixes of training/tactics after weeding out any obviously injury prone disaster players (like the one in my other thread) to see if you can actually overcome the problem.

Correct, the question is, what causes some to suffer far more than the average while others don't.

Is it just bad luck possibly combined with doing something wrong?

Is it an unfortunate mix of players and or training and tactics?

Impossible to tell without analysing every save.

If you suffer the problem you can either start again in the hope it was a rogue save or keep trying different mixes of training/tactics after weeding out any obviously injury prone disaster players (like the one in my other thread) to see if you can actually overcome the problem.

can i just add to this, without moaning, SI are claiming they haven't changed the injury rate, however in 15.2.1 i had same tactics and same coaches , training etc as 15.3, surely if something hasn't changed why would i now be doing something wrong if there wasn't previously a problem with injuries?

has the ME changed to be more harsh on players?

can i just add to this, without moaning, SI are claiming they haven't changed the injury rate, however in 15.2.1 i had same tactics and same coaches , training etc as 15.3, surely if something hasn't changed why would i now be doing something wrong if there wasn't previously a problem with injuries?

has the ME changed to be more harsh on players?

It's feasible that some ME changes would make players more fatigued or that changes to roles could do the same or even affect their behaviour on the pitch in certain situations.

But that's very much speculative and I doubt you could isolate any such examples because they'd be by products rather than intended changes.

Does anyone think playing at a higher tempo can risk injury?

i'm just trying to get to the bottom of my injury problems, but i'm at a loss with how i can

It can help to cause injuries I would imagine, I am also seeing quite a few injuries and or knocks in matches but I am not using higher tempo or anything else like that, although no 2 games are the same it could be worth trying not to play at a high tempo to see if it helps.

yeah, think i'm gonna try create a stable tactic with lower tempo

getting back to actual feedback though, i'm loving the ME changes, the small things that make it much more of a true experience like player dribbling that has now vastly improved make a real difference

Has something changed with the amount of injuries since the last patch or im i just unlucky at the moment?

Playing as Inter they're really gutting my squad atm.

In pre-season my training settings are on high with team cohesion/fitness no rest days (i changed this because of the injuries to rest after a match).

When the competitive matches begin, training setting remain on high but with rest days and on balanced until my teams tactics are fluid.

When all are fluid training levels go to normal.

This has worked fine for years but not on my latest save.

My physios are excellent by the way.

Reagerding patch 15.3.0

Has SI put in a sort of config-file, which control Cardiffs change of kit and colors halfway the season ?

I have made the change of kit and colors in the editor to their original one, from the start of the season and also changed the config-file with my 3rd party kit - but for some reason the default kits with the game turns up and seems to overrule my edited data.

Its only a problem with Cardiff and all the other changes work fine.

Much higher closing down and hard tackling harder probably has an effect on injuries. Bet most users just set closing down to maximum without considering possible drawbacks.

If there weren't any, why would one choose a midterm?

Are you serious? You think that maximum closing down = a good thing, period? Within a context of a tactical setup, it can be disastrous. Just as having no closing down can be in other tactics. I really thought that things like this was understood among FM gamers by now? If not fully understood, then at least acknowledged. This is the worst simplification of a tactical issue I have seen in a while :)

Reagerding patch 15.3.0

Has SI put in a sort of config-file, which control Cardiffs change of kit and colors halfway the season ?

I have made the change of kit and colors in the editor to their original one, from the start of the season and also changed the config-file with my 3rd party kit - but for some reason the default kits with the game turns up and seems to overrule my edited data.

Its only a problem with Cardiff and all the other changes work fine.

In the 15.3.0 DB (the latest one from the update) we had already changed the Cardiff home kit to blue. However, there has been a problem with the 3D Match Engine picking up the wrong kits. A solution can be found here in the 2nd post: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/421707-Fix-for-Cardiff-kits-in-15.3

Are you serious? You think that maximum closing down = a good thing, period? Within a context of a tactical setup, it can be disastrous. Just as having no closing down can be in other tactics. I really thought that things like this was understood among FM gamers by now? If not fully understood, than at least acknowledged. This is the worst simplification of a tactical issue I have seen in a while :)

I'm not disagreeing, but how/why would they get that understanding (or acknowledgement) "by now"? The game only mentions that it "can negatively impact on team shape"- to understand anything more about what it does, you'd have to go looking for explanations. Even the manual doesn't say anything specific about the drawbacks of it.

I'm not disagreeing, but how/why would they get that understanding (or acknowledgement) "by now"? The game only mentions that it "can negatively impact on team shape"- to understand anything more about what it does, you'd have to go looking for explanations. Even the manual doesn't say anything specific about the drawbacks of it.

Or.....you could watch a match :brock:

Isn't it just common sense though? If you're setting your team to close down a lot, then it seems obvious to me that they'll be getting pulled out of position, which can cause problems. Do people really need that said in a manual?

I'm not disagreeing, but how/why would they get that understanding (or acknowledgement) "by now"? The game only mentions that it "can negatively impact on team shape"- to understand anything more about what it does, you'd have to go looking for it. Even the manual doesn't say anything specific about the drawbacks of it.

Common sense? basic tactical knowledge? trial & error?

There seems to be a lack of people thinking for themselves at the moment, not just in FM or games but in other things as well. All FM users should be able to look at formation/tactic/instruction and be able to identify the pros & cons of it, it shouldn't need to be in a manual or be pointed out to them in a forum.

But you're assuming that a user will connect the dots from watching a match and realise that the reason that what's happening in the match is from their specific input, rather than reaching an altogether different conclusion about it being down to other factors, such as players, roles, duties or formation which may or may not be accurate. This is where the feedback from the game- particularly the assistant manager and coaching staff- is still sorely lacking. If you don't identify these things yourself from the matches, it's a very easy trap to fall into, leading to you making the same mistakes without the game giving any indication as to why it's happening.

Edit: Incidentally, I'm about to head out to work, so I'm gonna have to disappear from this thread now for a few hours. I will be back, though.

But you're assuming that a user will connect the dots from watching a match and realise that the reason that what's happening in the match is from their specific input, rather than reaching an altogether different conclusion about it being down to other factors, such as players, roles, duties or formation which may or may not be accurate. This is where the feedback from the game- particularly the assistant manager and coaching staff- is still sorely lacking. If you don't identify these things yourself from the matches, it's a very easy trap to fall into, leading to you making the same mistakes without the game giving any indication as to why it's happening.

Edit: Incidentally, I'm about to head out to work, so I'm gonna have to disappear from this thread now for a few hours. I will be back, though.

But I still stand by my point. You shouldn't need to look at the match to know that a team that closes down more will be caught out of position more. That's just common sense.

There seems to be a lack of people thinking for themselves at the moment, not just in FM or games but in other things as well.

Absolutely 100% agree. But guess that's just the World we live in now.

But thats part of your job as manager and really a core part of the game. Building and maintaining tactics includes creation, identifying issues and the best way to deal with them on a match by match basis.

If you don't want to do that I would question if FM is the type of game you should be playing.

There was a recent discussion on staff advice a few weeks ago and I'll stick by what I said then its very difficult given the range of options for a coded staff member to give good advice. As humans we look at the bigger picture and are prepared to take different levels of risk in different areas. AI advice simply can't follow the thought patterns we use or the decisions we make to be able to give relevant advice.

EDIT

and following on it isn't any surprise that the users that have the most tactical issues are those that blindly follow a path (Often by downloading a tactic). They don't look at the bigger picture, don't make decisions for themselves and don't consider the pros & cons of a decision.

Which again brings us back to the trend of games holding a players hand throughout rather than encouraging them to explore, make mistakes, learn and take responsibility for their own choices.

I wouldn't assume anything about the poster of 2 little sentences, based on those 2 sentences. Certainly not assume anything about his/her ability to think for him/herself. And It wasn't my intention to ridicule him/her. I was merely astounded by what was written, and felt compelled to comment. Neither did I anticipate a lenghty discussion arising from it. I don't think it belong in this thread anyway, so maybe we should just let it go now?

I know it's been mentioned several times over but I'm seeing a real problem with injuries since the update. In every single game I have at least one player stretchered off the pitch. An average of two or three injuries a game is not uncommon. I'm quite happy to upload my save if required.

I can't believe the arrogance from some posters here. Not everyone live football 24/7. For quite a few football is somewhat "new" and getting the grasp of it can be difficult. As everything else new can be. The arrogance shown just puts people off from asking questions or maybe even playing. To comment the way some do here is just low class.

I can't believe the arrogance from some posters here. Not everyone live football 24/7. For quite a few football is somewhat "new" and getting the grasp of it can be difficult. As everything else new can be. The arrogance shown just puts people off from asking questions or maybe even playing. To comment the way some do here is just low class.

I think you have the wrong end of the stick Sikker.

Its not about something being new or living football 24/7, its about making your own choices, identifying whether it was a good or bad choice and learning from that.

I agree, and I take the blame for it. I should have worded my initial comment differently.

We've had a number of American's post in LLM with next to no knowledge of soccer & still enjoy the game while learning from their mistakes, over time they even came to appreciate the the real game & are now supporters of their local MLS side as well as becoming regular FM'ers.

As Cougar has said an immediate knowledge of football is not required.

I think you have the wrong end of the stick Sikker.

Its not about something being new or living football 24/7, its about making your own choices, identifying whether it was a good or bad choice and learning from that.

I agree with that. But that's no reason for posting arrogant answers as some posters recently did. So no, I don't think I got the wrong end of the stick :)

players complaining for first team football is getting frustrating. It has increase since the last patch, rotating players asking to leave for games every 2/3 games is annoying

Depends. Do they have a point? Are they good enough for first team football?

They are young players who are good enough to be first team players for mid table teams but not for my team, but its not like i never played them, they are playing 30-50% of my games. Maybe I just did not rotate fast enough

And potential-wise? Good enough to make it into your team one day?

Overall I think the patch improved on things from the last patch, mainly selling crappy youth player no longer upset my team, and the other player request is understandable like joining a bigger team or wanting Champion league football

Higher injury occurrence is due to the faster rate of condition deterioration in fm 15 as compared to previous versions I think. For example players starting with 90-100% conditions in previous fms generally end up with 75-80% or 70-75% condition in high tempo matches after 90 mins. In FM 15 however, players tend to finish with 60-70% or 55%-65% in intense matches. So players suffer a higher risk of incurring injuries as compared to previously. I really wonder about the justification of such a change in this version really.

Higher injury occurrence is due to the faster rate of condition deterioration in fm 15 as compared to previous versions I think. For example players starting with 90-100% conditions in previous fms generally end up with 75-80% or 70-75% condition in high tempo matches after 90 mins. In FM 15 however, players tend to finish with 60-70% or 55%-65% in intense matches. So players suffer a higher risk of incurring injuries as compared to previously. I really wonder about the justification of such a change in this version really.

Players can't play at that high tempo for 90 mins IRL? If what you say is true, that would be my justification.

Players can't play at that high tempo for 90 mins IRL? If what you say is true, that would be my justification.

In this version players are struggling yes. I have always deployed high-tempo tactics and in previously versions i have not seen match-fit players struggling so badly. So are you suggesting deploying high tempo tactics is not feasible in this FM? Working as intended?

In this version players are struggling yes. I have always deployed high-tempo tactics and in previously versions i have not seen match-fit players struggling so badly. So are you suggesting deploying high tempo tactics is not feasible in this FM? Working as intended?

But HUNT3R is right, in real life players couldn't handle that, which is probably the justification you are wanting. It was possible in previous games, now it isn't, because it wasn't realistic in previous games.

Archived