Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.3.0

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Regarding the discussion with player unhappyness I'm sure it's been discussed to death by now but I found myself in a ridiculous situation last night. 3 of my 4 strikers are complaining about playing time even though I use a 4 player formation. Pre-patch it could be a bit tricky to juggle them but I always managed. So fair enough a slight change to the patch might have pushed them over the threshold so to speak.

However what I find odd is my youngest striker who arrived last season, progressed far faster than expected and forced himself into first team contention which I couldn't offer to him. So I sent him out on loan for the latter half of last season (We spoke about it, he was looking forward to going out on loan) at BMG in Germany, played 21 games for them scoring 19 goals. So when he returned in summer he asked again about his playing time, I told him not to worry he would be getting plenty of playing time from now on. Since then he has started 18 and made 3 more substitute appearances from the 25 matches this season, the January transfer window just opened and he has a minor concern that he feels he needs to leave to get first team football. Surely being half way into a season, 5-6 months on from when we he came back from his loan he should have calmed down by now. Unless the player isn't smart enough to make an allowance for the summer break.

While I went to look up that players appearance stats I noticed another player who has behaved oddly since the patch that I had forgotten about. (He's currently injured so doesn't figure in my thinking too much at the moment.) A promising home grown player who just started to make a few first team appearances in my previous season. Somewhere over the summer he attracted some interest from other clubs, I told him not to worry about it until a big came in, which it didn't. However since the patch he now has a minor issue that he feels he has achieved all that he can at the club and wants a new challenge. Pre-patch it said he wants to move to Tottenham because they are a bigger team. Now, I suppose it could be argued that as a youth team product maybe he has been at the club since he was a teen and now wants to see the world rather than languishing in the Roma first team. He made 15 appearances for me last year, 8 of those of the bench in a season where we played over 50 games in all competitions. I could easily believe a player in that position might want to move for more playing time... but having achieved everything at the club and needing a new challenge. It seems very odd to me.

On the other hand, so far I'm loving the match engine and can't say I've noticed any huge problems.

I'm using Valencia at the moment but I also tried a save with Newcastle and experienced similar shots per game and results. It seems the AI simply can't cope with aggressive tactics and is unable to counter them. I'll try with a smaller team tonight but I imagine the same will happen against the majority of teams.

Further to this, I tried using the same tactics with Leicester and the shots per game were a lot more realistic. I averaged 11 per game with the most being 18 against Aston Villa. It seems the problem is the AI is unable to cope when faced with a good-very good attacking team using aggressive tactics. So instead of trying to find a solution (parking the bus, maybe) it just caves in and allows the user team to have a ridiculous number of shots.

I've replayed the game where I had 53 shots and used a counter attacking tactic. This time we had 22 shots, a lot more realistic, and it shows once again that the AI can adjust to certain situations but not when faced with good players and aggressive tactics. So I guess the solution is to use more restrictive tactics or smaller teams, which is a shame really.

I'm not sure that two games qualify as a big enough sample to make a conclusive judgement.

No changes were made directly to injury rates in the last update, and no further changes are planned.

Then why after the update the players are getting injured more frequently ? Maybe another fix led to this problem, without your intention of making a change to the injury rates.

Also, there is clearly an increase of red cards coming from players already booked.

And, a final question, maybe this is annoying, but is a new patch in the making ? Or it won't be any updates to the current one ?

Then why after the update the players are getting injured more frequently ? Maybe another fix led to this problem, without your intention of making a change to the injury rates.

Also, there is clearly an increase of red cards coming from players already booked.

And, a final question, maybe this is annoying, but is a new patch in the making ? Or it won't be any updates to the current one ?

I'm not seeing any increase in injuries on my save, completed almost an entire season on the current version & there has been no injury crisis.

Not sure on red cards, not seen the stats & my players tend to go for the straight red rather than the second booking.

It's strange how differently everyone perceives each update. I'm having no issue with injuries at all and I'm finding quite the opposite from some on player playing time gripes; Mertesacker and Carzola were both moaning for me about their lack of playing time pre-patch despite being in my 4th season at Arsenal and them both being down the pecking order for selection. After the patch the both stopped asking for a transfer and said they were happy now; Gnarby on the other hand wanted to leave - which is fair enough as I've played him about twice as he's rubbish in my game.

On the other hand I cannot fathom the match engine now at all and for the first time in 20 years (ouch I just looked that up) I've resorted to reloading :(. I have a team that destroys good teams at home; struggles against bad teams at home and can't play football away from home at all. I've sat through many a full match and I cannot work out why shots against good teams go in and shots by the same players from similar positions and build ups are shanked wide. Away from home I cannot defend corners; I cannot pass and if I thought my shooting was woeful at home against lesser teams then I'm in for a surprise when I compare it to my away shooting. Away from home, no matter who I play, I suddenly look like a league 1 side playing against Real Madrid.

Patch 15.3 -

-The Goalkeepers trying to save shots but the ball goes into the net like there`s nothing there

Seen that occasionally but in real life this happens to - cue all pundits saying the keeper should have done better

-The Keepers keep parrying shots that are going way out

This has happened for a while and the way I see it is that the keeper has lost his bearings and has no idea where his posts are at this point (also sometimes happens in RL). What I can't fathom is why it counts as on target as it was blatantly missing regardless of the keepers intervention. I have no idea how Optima calculate this though so could well be right.

-The central defenders can`t mark

-The amount of wrong passing is astonishing

In both cases when I'm at home it's fine.

-Players keep running out of bounds even when there's nobody closing down on them

Once in a blue moon - again as in real life.

-The back pass to keeper was not fixed, most of them going outside and the other team has a corner kick

I tend to see this when playing away from home (or against really bad teams at home).

-The physical skills don`t matter, a player with 17-18 pace and acceleration can`t run faster than a player with 12-13 pace acceleration

Danny Welbeck was just outrun by Matt Hummels in my game :(.

-The number of CCCs does not matter, if the AI can`t beat you at normal play, they will score a few from 20-30 yardz

Strangely it's corners and free kicks that are my undoing (though again not against good teams at home). I rarely concede from a long range howitzer.

-The Mentality doesn`t work : the team will play the same, even if you select OVERLOAD, ATTACKING or COUNTER ATTACK

I've not used overload for years so I have no idea on that one; Attacking does pick it up for me but I use it sparingly; Counter Attack works quite well as long as you've a team that's set up for it.

-The exaggerated number of injuries

-The exaggerated number of goals scored from distance

Again this isn't what I'm seeing.

Like I said; lots of people are seeing lots of different things at the moment and I'm wondering if there are people (myself included) that are using tactics and/or training that are outside what the game considers the norm which is why some are experiencing 'strangeness' and others are saying it's better than sliced bread (now there's an idiom I've never understood).

I'm not seeing any increase in injuries on my save, completed almost an entire season on the current version & there has been no injury crisis.

Not sure on red cards, not seen the stats & my players tend to go for the straight red rather than the second booking.

It is normal that in my savegame with Napoli, after 24 rounds, were awarded 86 red cards ? I'll post the savegame if asked.

It is normal that in my savegame with Napoli, after 24 rounds, were awarded 86 red cards ? I'll post the savegame if asked.

Why do you need to be asked?

Its clearly not normal so if you are telling the truth start a thread in the bugs forum and upload your save for SI to review.

Why do you need to be asked?

Its clearly not normal so if you are telling the truth start a thread in the bugs forum and upload your save for SI to review.

I'm telling the truth, i'll start a thread now, even though it's pointless since there won't be any new updates sadly.

I'm telling the truth, i'll start a thread now, even though it's pointless since there won't be any new updates sadly.

Its never pointless, if you report it SI can review it and fix it in the future.

Don't report it and you risk it still being in FM16 and you will still have the same issue in six months time.

Having played a fair number of games now I cannot see anything glaringly wrong with the latest patch. Injuries, shots on goal, goalkeepers and defenders all seem to be working as intended.

I may be just one of those lucky folk or maybe I am missing stuff other folk pick up but so far, it's an enjoyable experience.

Its never pointless, if you report it SI can review it and fix it in the future.

Don't report it and you risk it still being in FM16 and you will still have the same issue in six months time.

So for 6 months, after waiting the same ammount of time for a fix, i'll be playing with this bug ? :| Great. And the cycle continues.

So for 6 months, after waiting the same ammount of time for a fix, i'll be playing with this bug ? :| Great. And the cycle continues.

This hasn't even been confirmed as a bug. Upload your save game and report it in the bugs forum, if you don't mind, so it can get looked at.

The Law of the Sod has bitten me! After accurately reporting no sightings of matches with an excessive shot count over the past few days in here, guess what happened just now? :D

In the interest of fairness, here are the stats from my whooping of Charlton:

screen-shot-2015-03-03-at-19-32-30.png

Mitigating factors are that it is 2025 and we are the dominant team in England, with Charlton a yo-yo club down in the relegation zone. They just sat camped in a 4-4-2 DM for the whole game and never seemed to deviate from this negative approach. It's basically what Tony said earlier - a dominant human assembled squad against some tactical ineptitude from the AI team. It genuinely is the first time I've had this in these 12 seasons of play - the most shots I'd had before was 34! - but only fair to show both sides of the coin of my experience ;)

Hi mahzen88, if you use the in-game editor you should be able to edit a 'Type' called 'Text'. You can use this to change the colour of the title bar I believe.

Thanks for answer but I tried to change colours from there but still the same problem.

This is 15.3.0 database and original text colours.

I made reverse colours but as I said no changes

Where i make mistake ?

RJgqXj.jpg

The Law of the Sod has bitten me! After accurately reporting no sightings of matches with an excessive shot count over the past few days in here, guess what happened just now? :D

Mitigating factors are that it is 2025 and we are the dominant team in England, with Charlton a yo-yo club down in the relegation zone. They just sat camped in a 4-4-2 DM for the whole game and never seemed to deviate from this negative approach. It's basically what Tony said earlier - a dominant human assembled squad against some tactical ineptitude from the AI team. It genuinely is the first time I've had this in these 12 seasons of play - the most shots I'd had before was 34! - but only fair to show both sides of the coin of my experience ;)

I played a friendly with my semi-pro Buckie Thistle against Arsenal and they did me for 63 shots :eek:

Sunderland in my game did poorly in both domestic cups and got relegated but they're somehow in the Europa League in the Championship. How? :confused:

Did England get an extra Euro spot due to the fair play award? (presuming that's still a thing). The leagues with the lowest cards (yellow and red) are given an extra Euro spot, the club with the lowest cards in the league is then given that spot.

Did England get an extra Euro spot due to the fair play award? (presuming that's still a thing). The leagues with the lowest cards (yellow and red) are given an extra Euro spot, the club with the lowest cards in the league is then given that spot.

I've no idea as I can't check unfortunately.

I take it you were playing a sensible formation and not anything that could be considered overly attacking or exploitative?

I take it you were playing a sensible formation and not anything that could be considered overly attacking or exploitative?

Correct (Control, Structured 4-1-2-3 DM with just two Attack Duties and some TIs to invite patience), but as pointed out, this is the first time I have seen anything remotely like this in twelve seasons of play. It was as big a gulf in quality as you can get between two teams in the Premier League. That's not an excuse, but it is the first time I've seen it in over 450 league matches, I can live with it.

Surely the biggest concern is that 21 presentable chances and 57 shots resulted in 'only' 7 goals? Obviously, it's ridiculous to expect every CCC to be finished but presumably, as the dominant team in the country, the quality of your forwards must be of a standard where far greater conversion rates can be expected? Of course, the shot count needs toning down if scenarios like this are occurring (personally, I had plenty in the previous patch but none from limited playing time thus far since) but the poor finishing is a far more pressing concern from my experience.

Ah man, didn't want to be one of 'those guys' but having got the new patch I've suddenly got a rash of injuries. Over the past 4 games I've had 6 injuries picked up in matches and 2 more in training plus one on international duty. Not all of these are long term but I'm now missing my first choice keeper, CB, LB, Striker and right winger for at least the next three games. It may be bad luck but it does seem awfully coincidental.

37 shots on target? Was tim howard charlton's goalkeeper? :D

Ah man, didn't want to be one of 'those guys' but having got the new patch I've suddenly got a rash of injuries. Over the past 4 games I've had 6 injuries picked up in matches and 2 more in training plus one on international duty. Not all of these are long term but I'm now missing my first choice keeper, CB, LB, Striker and right winger for at least the next three games. It may be bad luck but it does seem awfully coincidental.

I have been getting a lot too mate, you're not alone.

And yet, once again, injuries weren't touched in the last update. It's coincidental, bad luck, bad management, or a combination of all three.

Of course, what might be happening is that with some elements of the match engine tightening up, some tactical setups may now have a higher risk of injuries.

And yet, once again, injuries weren't touched in the last update. It's coincidental, bad luck, bad management, or a combination of all three.

Of course, what might be happening is that with some elements of the match engine tightening up, some tactical setups may now have a higher risk of injuries.

8 injuries in 3-4 games is ridiculous also surely things changed in game can have unforeseen consequences but not that it matters it wont be fixed anyway :).

8 injuries in 3-4 games is ridiculous also surely things changed in game can have unforeseen consequences but not that it matters it wont be fixed anyway :).

That's 2 injuries a game. Pretty close to some of what Man United suffered first half of the season, and theirs ran for a lot more than 4 games. It eased out in the but they suffered 48 injuries in 150 days.

It won't be fixed because there is nothing to fix.

Stop blaming the game and deal with it.

I have never once in all my years complained about this franchise but I'm incredibly disillusioned by what must either be a bug or at least a ridiculous exaggeration. In my first season on the new patch as manager of Roma we've done the double in Italy, winning the league and italian cup. Over the course of the season, my players, whose morale had otherwise been "Superb", and having been at the top all year, have all asked to leave, having had their heads turned by bids that hadn't even materialised.

Mattia Destro - Left in January for Real Madrid, despite us being in first and him being the top goalscorer.

Lacazette - Starter after replacing Destro, finished our top scorer, won the league and cup double with us. Asks to leave because of interest from Madrid, but accepts a move away to Inter, a team that finished 8 spots below us.

Sergio Romero - Wonderkid developing brilliantly under my guidance, key player, rejects new contract and leaves for Man City.

Iturbe - Foreign player of the year. Wants to leave for PSG as they are bigger club (no bid)

Ljajic - Best season of his life. Wants to join R. Madrid as they are bigger club

Gervinho - Wanted to leave for a bigger club - went to Monaco

I can understand when players want to leave for a bigger club. But kicking up a fuss when a bid hasn't materialised? On the back of their best seasons and a double? This many key players? It isn't as if Roma are a small club. It's absurd and I can't think of an equivalent mass exodus. These were all key players in good form, great morale, and playing for a good team.

It's incredibly frustrating. I don't see the fun in not being able to hold onto a team you've finally managed success with. I slaved away in the tactics subsection trying to create a formula and tactic for my team and it's the first good one I've had. Now my entire squad has been dismantled by mere outside interest. I can understand one, two, or three players leaving for greener pastures but 8 is almost an entire starting lineup.

I can understand when players want to leave for a bigger club. But kicking up a fuss when a bid hasn't materialised?

Why didn't you tell them you weren't going to be accepting any bids for them then? Some will accept it, some will sulk and then get over it. Sounds like they asked if they could leave and you just caved in.

Why didn't you tell them you weren't going to be accepting any bids for them then? Some will accept it, some will sulk and then get over it. Sounds like they asked if they could leave and you just caved in.

I did. The majority of them kicked up a fuss and had to sit about in the reserves. When that many players have done it - I forgot to list Pjanic and Florenzi in the mix as well - your morale goes from Superb to Abysmal and that's the majority of your starters that we're talking about.

Anyway, that misses the point. What I'm arguing is surely it's over the top to have what amounts to almost ten key players behave in this manner in the midst of a historic season for a club.

EDIT: Also, I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels that the player interaction system isn't exactly straightforward to use.

Nice attitude you have there in the feedback thread.

Can you blame him?

Everyone has to keep repeating themselves when it comes to injuries.

In short: Unless the AI teams are experiencing a high amount of injuries too then it's not a bug, it's something the user is doing.

I did. The majority of them kicked up a fuss and had to sit about in the reserves. When that many players have done it - I forgot to list Pjanic and Florenzi in the mix as well - your morale goes from Superb to Abysmal and that's the majority of your starters that we're talking about.

Anyway, that misses the point. What I'm arguing is surely it's over the top to have what amounts to almost ten key players behave in this manner in the midst of a historic season for a club.

EDIT: Also, I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels that the player interaction system isn't exactly straightforward to use.

Destro - Madrid are the biggest side in the world so it's always going to be hard to keep him when they're interested

Lacazette - Presuming you went for the 'If they bid our asking price I'll let you go' option? I'm not sure if it's still screwed up (if used to just act as if you meant any club rather than that specific club that were interested). Presuming it's still bugged then you have a point.

Sergio Romero - How long was left on his contract? If only a short amount of time why didn't you renew it earlier? You always risk losing players if you don't manage their contracts well enough. (Wenger would remind you of RVP and Nasri ;) )

Iturbe - As I mentioned earlier I presume you went for the 'If they bid our asking price I'll let you go' option? Because if a bid then fails to materialize the players unhappiness goes away :)

Ljajic - Understandable, they are a bigger club.

Gervinho - I'm sure a move to Monaco would be desirable, they don't pay any tax over there.

For me you haven't fought hard enough to keep these players. The bids not materializing can be solved by just telling the player you'll only accept a bid if a club matches your valuation.

I can think of an equivalent exodus, just this past summer at Southampton. Southampton overachieved, players were wanted else where. It happens all the time. The idea is you know you'll lose players over the years as your clubs reputation grows, but it is growing and in the years to come less players will have their heads turned as you become an increasingly reputable club.

Nice attitude you have there in the feedback thread.

Do you consider what you posted "feedback"?

Its neither constructive nor of any use, its simply nothing more than a whinge because you can't handle something that happened in a short space of time in your save.

Then despite several replies in various threads regarding similar situations you go on to throw your toys out of the pram like a 2yo and blame SI/FM.

Archived