Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.3.0

Destro - Madrid are the biggest side in the world so it's always going to be hard to keep him when they're interested

<snip>

I do think you make fair and reasoned points. While it's my personal opinion that it still seems somewhat over-the-top, I can see how it at least makes more sense than I'd initially thought. I'd also argue that the player-interaction system, in this instance, desperately needs to be more intuitive as it is crucial I understand how to interact with my players in such an important situation.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is a real downside of Steam that you can't choose which version of the game you play - you always used to be able, which gave users a choice when they disliked a certain patch. Ironically the only people who can now are those who steal the game rather than those who pay for it :(

Played one season. Probably all I'll have time for as real life obligations catch up. Love where the ME is going for the most part. Feels like defending has been improved enough that's conceivable to try to hold out for a 1-nil instead of being easier to push for 3-1 (as it was in 15.2.1)

One thing I noticed is that tackle stats might be up. Using my narrow formation in 15.2.1, my HB was averaging 5-7 tackles and my CWBs were averaging 7-9 tackles per game over the course of 7 seasons. This one season with 15.3 it was 7.5 for the HB and the CWBs averaged 10.5 and 11.1 tackles per game(!). My guess is that's where the extra injuries and cards that others are seeing are coming from (I didn't notice more cards, but did notice what felt like an uptick in injuries. Don't have any data to back it up though, just 'feels' like I had a few more in-match injuries than normal, both for my team and my opponents).

Surely the biggest concern is that 21 presentable chances and 57 shots resulted in 'only' 7 goals?

A 33% conversion rate of the CCC and HC shots is pretty good in my book? Charlton parked a fleet of buses; I reckon they had two defensive DMs and at least one full back on Defend - the back six simply never ventured forward at all. My system was a bit stupid in that regard because I didn't stretch them enough (I have two IFs, who were going into the congested centre more often than not). As a result, there is a high number of blocked shots, which implies that Charlton's approach was at least partially effective.

Next game I drew 1-1 at Old Trafford in the FA Cup. I had 14 shots with a slightly different approach.

5 games is a tad extreme.

You obviously don't follow events at West Ham too closely irl, it wasn't 5 matches, it was the whole of last season as well including very vociferous supporter pressure to kick him because of the teams playing style.

He's still not deemed that secure even though he's turned things round somewhat.

not seen this mentioned but ive just hit a possible bug

i had a few filters saved from the start, player roles, staff etc and 5 of the 6 have changed and have stopped working. they are now .pft files except the working fmf file, ive not really touched the game for a while and have no idea how that happened

how are other people finding AI transfers?. in my saves top clubs seems to be obsessed with buying cb`s when they have few wingers or full backs. man utd is the worst. they spent all their money on cb`s when they needed 2 fb 1 cm and 2 wingers. it ruins long term games and it makes it too easy to win everything.

how are other people finding AI transfers?. in my saves top clubs seems to be obsessed with buying cb`s when they have few wingers or full backs. man utd is the worst. they spent all their money on cb`s when they needed 2 fb 1 cm and 2 wingers. it ruins long term games and it makes it too easy to win everything.
If you have a save before they bid for the new CB's can you take the time to start a thread in the bugs forum & upload a copy of the save for us to look at?

Cheers.

Overall, I am pleased with the new patch. I haven't seen big scorelines reported earlier and the build-up play seems to go a lot smoother. Furthermore, counter attacking is far more fluent for me now, whereas before I didn't bother to do it, since it went too slow.

However, I noticed an increase in injuries in my team. To be honest, I do not know the number of average injuries in real life, but I have seen an increase in my team (not saying it is not my fault, could very well be the case). So I checked the different nations I have loaded (Spain, France, Germany, Italy, Holland & England) and saw enormous differences between the top divisions.

English Premier League: minimum: 0 (3 teams), maximum: 5 (2 teams), average: 2

French Ligue 1: minimum: 1, maximum: 15, average: 7,8

German Bundesliga: minimum: 0, maximum: 5 (4 teams), average: 3,1 (median: 7)

Dutch Eredivisie: minimum: 1, maximum: 7 (2 teams), average: 3,9 (70 in total from which 10 are torn hamstrings, seems a lot, but again not sure)

Italian Serie A: minimum: 0 (2 teams), maximum: 6, average: 1,9

Spanish Liga BBVA: minimum: 1, maximum: 8, average: 3,3

So if I see this numbers most of them seem realistic except for Spain which seems very high and maybe the Eredivisie. What are your thoughts on this? I wanted to post this here before logging something in the bug forum which is not a bug at all.

You might think that's what they need and they may think otherwise?

Stop giving examples of real life anomalies like Man Utd or Arsenal injury list, as something normal happenning, because these are the exceptions, when asked about the large ammount of injuries ocurring after the patch.

Stop giving examples of real life anomalies like Man Utd or Arsenal injury list, as something normal happenning, because these are the exceptions, when asked about the large ammount of injuries ocurring after the patch.
Can you please start a thread in the bugs forum & provide a copy of your save game? This is the only way we can investigate claims of excessive injuries as we have no evidence to support the claim from our internal testing & our own play saves.

Thanks

Can you please start a thread in the bugs forum & provide a copy of your save game? This is the only way we can investigate claims of excessive injuries as we have no evidence to support the claim from our internal testing & our own play saves.

Thanks

I will as i did with the red card problem, but later because i'm not at home currently. Maybe i'm doing something wrong and if that could be resolved, i'd be more than happy. Sorry if i offended in any way.

I have way too few injuries, before and after the update, I don't think I have ever had more than 2 injured at a time and much of the season on 0. My assistant handles all my training so I have no idea of its setting.

Overall, I am pleased with the new patch. I haven't seen big scorelines reported earlier and the build-up play seems to go a lot smoother. Furthermore, counter attacking is far more fluent for me now, whereas before I didn't bother to do it, since it went too slow.

However, I noticed an increase in injuries in my team. To be honest, I do not know the number of average injuries in real life, but I have seen an increase in my team (not saying it is not my fault, could very well be the case). So I checked the different nations I have loaded (Spain, France, Germany, Italy, Holland & England) and saw enormous differences between the top divisions.

English Premier League: minimum: 0 (3 teams), maximum: 5 (2 teams), average: 2

French Ligue 1: minimum: 1, maximum: 15, average: 7,8

German Bundesliga: minimum: 0, maximum: 5 (4 teams), average: 3,1 (median: 7)

Dutch Eredivisie: minimum: 1, maximum: 7 (2 teams), average: 3,9 (70 in total from which 10 are torn hamstrings, seems a lot, but again not sure)

Italian Serie A: minimum: 0 (2 teams), maximum: 6, average: 1,9

Spanish Liga BBVA: minimum: 1, maximum: 8, average: 3,3

So if I see this numbers most of them seem realistic except for Spain which seems very high and maybe the Eredivisie. What are your thoughts on this? I wanted to post this here before logging something in the bug forum which is not a bug at all.

The numbers seem quite normal, if a little low. The French league looks too high with 15 though. Where are you managing?

Now, what I don't like is the coupling between condition and injuries. I mean ... condition is a measure of how tired a player is, right? So why does a player suddenly get more tired if he gets a bloody nose? Heck, even a severed head wouldn't influence his tiredness. He'd be dead, but not tired. You see what I mean?

have you tried running with a nose full of crusted blood, especially on a cold day? When yu are looking at players performing at peak athletic levels then yes this will make a difference. Its physical condition rather than simply tired that gets reported on

I don`t care about "they" ... I WANT TO GO BACK TO 15.2.1

Dude - You can't undo a patched installation. You could delete and re-install but not sure how you could avoid installing the latest patch

I want to win a million £ on the lottery but no matter how loud i shout.........:D

Sunderland in my game did poorly in both domestic cups and got relegated but they're somehow in the Europa League in the Championship. How? :confused:

If Sunderland entered in the 1st qualifying round of Europa League, it is indeed the fair-play spot they have been receiving.

• SI Staff

I have been quite a big critic of every FM since the last patch of FM 2011. Hated 2012, got into 2013 a little bit but wasn't a fan, 2014 I didn't like, 2015 was akin to 2014 for me. And then this patch got released... As much as some people hate it, so far, I am absolutely loving it. Cheers SI, you have probably killed my social life...

I started a new save game with the latest 15.3 patch and it's completely unplayable because of the injuries, played only 2 rounds of domestic league and injury status is : one team with 12 injured players, three teams with 9 injured, one with 7, two with 6, four with 5, four with 4, and one with 3 injured players... most of the injuries are 3/4 weeks or more... incredible.

I started a new save game with the latest 15.3 patch and it's completely unplayable because of the injuries, played only 2 rounds of domestic league and injury status is : one team with 12 injured players, three teams with 9 injured, one with 7, two with 6, four with 5, four with 4, and one with 3 injured players... most of the injuries are 3/4 weeks or more... incredible.

Upload the save to the FTP so they can examine it, let us know if your next save is any different.

not that i have a problem now with 15.3 but surely in future allowing the use of any update to ME isn't a big deal to SI, selecting the version pre-game would please everyone involved

by simply saying no, surely you realise you are alienating more and more people every year, it's alright saying "you have a choice to buy the game or try the demo", but eventually that might lead to low numbers revenue wise and making you struggle to make future updates of the games?

Steam used to allow you to choose which version you wanted so why isn't it now possible?

not that i have a problem now with 15.3 but surely in future allowing the use of any update to ME isn't a big deal to SI, selecting the version pre-game would please everyone involved

by simply saying no, surely you realise you are alienating more and more people every year, it's alright saying "you have a choice to buy the game or try the demo", but eventually that might lead to low numbers revenue wise and making you struggle to make future updates of the games?

Steam used to allow you to choose which version you wanted so why isn't it now possible?

Steam has never allowed you to choose versions of FM and it isn't possible because as has been tirelessly said, the way it's built means every version would effectively be a separate app needing separate support.

It would actually be a huge deal, so I've no idea where you get "it isn't a big deal" from.

I have been playing for 15 years now and the FM series has steadily improved over the years. The latest patch is no exception, known issues have been addressed and for the most part everything seems to work reasonably well. There is always room for more improvement and I'm sure the guys and gals at SI are doing this as we speak.

Most of the reported 'bugs' or problems with the ME etc seem to be regarding players acting 'strangely' or doing the 'wrong' thing at the wrong time etc.

The way I see this is slightly different to the way the majority seem to, so I could be horribly wrong lol. But, this is my take on it....

Whilst I love the game and play it regularly and buy it each year, I am a bit disappointed with the quality of the graphics in the 3D match. They do tend to take me back to my old commodore Amiga games lol.

There have been some improvements made this release, but imo they don't even begin to scratch the surface of what is required. For example, the new 'forward rolls' introduced are good. However, so far I have only detected the 'side roll', the 'forward roll' and the 'belly flop'. When watching the full match it is quite funny to see almost every unsuccessful run, tackle or pass ends with one of the above. It reminds me of a 'keystone cops' movie :-) What is needed is a much greater variety of 'falls' and 'rolls' so it doesn't look so repetitive.

Exactly the same can be said for the vast majority of other 'moves' ( tackles, runs, passes etc etc) A much greater variety would make the game look so much better imo.

But, the aesthetic quality of the graphics is not my main concern. I would imagine (please correct me if I'm wrong) that after the ME has calculated the results of any particular action, it calls up a graphical representation of this move/action to be displayed on screen. So for instance, if a player was calculated to have a poor first touch after receiving a pass, the me would choose a graphic that shows the ball getting away from the player and the player struggling to chase it?

If this is the case, then a much greater range of graphics would allow the ME to show this more accurately would it not?

When watching the games at the moment, I struggle sometimes to decipher what is actually going on with my tactics because the limited graphics don't manage to show me clearly what happened. As an example, the miss control or poor first touch mentioned above generally ends with the player doing the new forward roll or belly flop. But there again, if he was actually tackled and it wasn't a poor touch...he ends up doing the forward roll or belly flop too. So I have very little visual difference between one scenario and the other.

Maybe then, if there was a vastly improved number of graphics available across the board for the ME to display during the match, a lot of the 'strange actions' or peculiar behaviors that get reported would be eliminated too, as the ME would be able to show what actually happened with much greater accuracy. It would also make it look better haha. :-)

Steam has never allowed you to choose versions of FM and it isn't possible because as has been tirelessly said, the way it's built means every version would effectively be a separate app needing separate support.

It would actually be a huge deal, so I've no idea where you get "it isn't a big deal" from.

I'm pretty sure i was able to pre-select what update i wanted in past FM? unless it was just player databases? if so i'm wrong

i guess i didn't think the support thing through enough, sorry

i will re-iterate though it doesn't matter to me as i like 15.3, apart from the injuries which do seem extreme at times, sometimes it's like the ME waits for you to make all 3 subs then decides here's an injury for you to enjoy the final 20 minutes in game time at 1-1 or 1-0 down

i know thats not the case as the ME would have to be very evil :D

The numbers seem quite normal, if a little low. The French league looks too high with 15 though. Where are you managing?

I am managing as Ajax in Holland. Don't know what caused those numbers, but if SI wants a save game I'd be happy to provide this! Though, of course I must add that this is just a cross section and I haven't tested whether these numbers stay high in France (I'm a fairly slow player).

Thanks

Can i see how many players i had injured during the season ? Because i'm at the end of it, and now i don't know how to see a statistic of how many players were injured, without having to check on every player's info.

I'm asking to see if starting a thread on bug section would be useful.

This is the cause of so much frustration because people complain about inuries occuring in FM yet have no idea or do not bother checking out real life stats before moaning

Current Premiership Injury table as at today:

Newcastle = 8

Aston villa = 7

Palace = 6

Everton = 6

Liverpool = 6

QPR = 6

ETC

Injuries fluctuate, it can be high and then it can be low. This means you can suddenly incur a lot of injuries at any point in time. Just because in co-incides with a patch release it doesn't mean its the cause. You know its not the cause because other people are quoting the opposite

The reason why people quote real life sides is because...ITS REAL LIFE. This is a football management simulation so it will simulate real life. It wont simulate average injuries, it will simulate real life peaks and troughs

When this point is fully understood then people will understand how its reflected in the game. Unfortunately there is a tendency to play 3 or 4 matches and then say something is broken.

Play a season and report how many injuries you had say for each month, then reflect on real life

I expect you will be surprised how close it is

Can i see how many players i had injured during the season ? Because i'm at the end of it, and now i don't know how to see a statistic of how many players were injured, without having to check on every player's info.

I'm asking to see if starting a thread on bug section would be useful.

There is no quick reference, all you can do is view the injury record of your players.

@mrpompey that statistic is not relevant because some of those club have long-term injured players, i'm talking about players injured through a season ...

The problem is that there are too many injuries happenning during the matches, 90 % of my players are injured during the games and there are also alot of them who receive an injury and need to be substituted but after the game they're fine. I think that it has something to do with the new revised Match Engine.

There is no quick reference, all you can do is view the injury record of your players.

I expect the answer to all this perhaps is a future enhancement is to create a rolling 12 month club view of injuries allowing filtering for 1st team, reserves and u18's with a rolling average across this 12 month period.

Thsi probably the only way to allow FMers with issues to be able to relate this to real life and perhaps realise it is actually reflctive of real life

@mrpompey that statistic is not relevant because some of those club have long-term injured players, i'm talking about players injured through a season ...

The problem is that there are too many injuries happenning during the matches, 90 % of my players are injured during the games and there are also alot of them who receive an injury and need to be substituted but after the game they're fine. I think that it has something to do with the new revised Match Engine.

Why is it not valid? Players in real life always pick up injuries or knocks during a match, its your choice with you continue them or sub them. I played footy to semi professional level and its just part of the game

See, your statement that 90% of your players are injured during the games its simply not fact and one of the main reasons wain reasons why people object to exaggerated statements instead of listening. provide proper and real statistics instead of exaggerated claims...thats my advice and do it over generous periods of time

In 8 EPL and 3 C1C matches, I've had 3 "orange" injuries and 1 "red" where I had to sub him off. I seemed to pick these up mainly at the start, with 3 "orange" injuries in games 2, 3 and 4. They didn't need subbing off and I didn't sub them either.

I have a total of 1 player injured and he only picked it up today (in-game) so I had no-one injured before that. Looking at the league table, the team with the worst record has 5 injured. I'm in November, if that makes a difference.

In the same 11 matches, I had 1 red card. I'm a relegation favourite, so my DM and D-Line have to cope with world-class players running at them. If I feel a player is struggling, on a yellow and up against a good opponent, I'll sub him to be safe.

You simply can't pick & choose what statistics are relevant to suit your own argument.

You need to learn to look at situations with an unbiased view and be able to state hard facts and compare them to the RL statistics that FM aims to emulate.

Anything else annoys people, doesn't help SI and gives a false impression of a situation which does nothing to help you or the case you are presenting.

I'm having problems with a lot of injuries aswell (Might be the training though? Balanced - High, No rest before games. This gives an average workload). I usually have 22 players in my first team squad, but this time i've increased to 25 players because of all the injuries. During the first 6 months i've constantly had 5-7 players injuried at the same time. For about a month i didn't have enough players to fill up my bench :p

Edit: Checked the workload level now and it was on Intensive. Does the workload change based on games per week aswell? Because that may be the issue for me then :p

Archived