Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.3.0

I must admit that because people have so many different opinions and priorities I am not sure why there cannot be an option to download and or roll back on patches. In the past you manually downloaded the patch which meant that obviously if you didn't like the sound of it you didn't have to download it. Personally I liked the game before patching this time around,. A lot of people thought crossing was over powered. I thought it was pretty decent and scored a few from them and didn't concede too many. Finishing was better IMO and in all I think the variety of play was better. I remember lovely cross field passes and beautiful curled efforts or delightful headers on goal of which have largely disappeared as has it seems any real chance of scoring with a set piece! What did irk me was the player interactions, the goalkeeper blasting a wide free kick to an opposition striker (as above), and various other annoyances, some which have been rectified, some not but all in all I think unpatched there were more pro's than the cons in many ways.

I have found in all FM's over the years that general play in the ME is a lot more varied before any patches and it seems players actually play off the cuff more. However as the patches come out and changes are made I always feel that the ME almost becomes more regimented, predictable and variety becomes less common place in a match. Sure some things may improve but I find that on release the ME is Harry Redknapp, zany and unpredictable. Once fully patched it becomes Tony Pullis, regimented and predictable.

But it's down to a matter of opinion. I may prefer the original as it probably suited my style of play better. Others may prefer patch one and others patch two which is why I really don't know why options can't be brought in which would allow a user to play whatever patch they preferred. It certainly would stop a lot of the complaints because users then have the choice.

Because its a huge amount of work to try and support multiple patches. Either it's not going to happen at all. Eventually the developer has to (and gets to) make the call.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The simple answer is that for there to be one patch running at any one time means there's much more chance for SI to be able to recreate and fix any issues that do arise- having everyone playing the same game makes feedback much easier to come by. If something arises for someone still playing 13.2.1, there's not a lot they can do about it- it may or may not still be an issue in 13.3, and ultimately, they're not going to go back and re-patch 13.2.1.

The simple answer is that for there to be one patch running at any one time means there's much more chance for SI to be able to recreate and fix any issues that do arise- having everyone playing the same game makes feedback much easier to come by. If something arises for someone still playing 13.2.1, there's not a lot they can do about it- it may or may not still be an issue in 13.3, and ultimately, they're not going to go back and re-patch 13.2.1.

Precisely. It would be a lot of wasted manpower when they already do a tremendous amount.

That's what people are complaining about; not getting to do tactical substitutions because all three have been used for red injuries already. And not just once; so often that some people are getting upset about it.

I hear that a lot on here too, and yet, it never seems to happen with the AI. In fact, I cannot recall a single match in over 1000 hours of play where the AI has had to use all three subs for red injuries. Two at most I've seen. It may have happened and I've just missed it, but it's certainly not common. And if it's not happening to the AI but IS happening to player controlled sides, well, you can do the maths there.

Incidentally, since I got my players to proper match fitness and paid more attention to when I was closing down or playing a higher tempo, I've had one in-game red injury in my last 10 matches. Coincidence? It's a possibility, but I like to think a lot of it is down to paying more attention, and being careful with how you manage your team.

I was all in favour of the game going on Steam and giving up the choice of being able to go back to a previous version of the game.

With it going on Steam SI had said that the game could then get more updates and hotfixes as it was of course easier.

This year that was not so, we got an update a week before Christmas and then nothing until the final update and now there are no more planned updates.

I would actually say this is a bit poor from SI, no updates for 2 months even though this was 1 of the plus points on moving to Steam, also now with still quite a few problems with the game no more updates are planned.

I honestly thought moving to Steam was a great step as they could release an update and then get the feedback and release any hotfixes or updates as were needed, 2 months with nothing was not what I was expecting.

I was all in favour of the game going on Steam and giving up the choice of being able to go back to a previous version of the game.

With it going on Steam SI had said that the game could then get more updates and hotfixes as it was of course easier.

This year that was not so, we got an update a week before Christmas and then nothing until the final update and now there are no more planned updates.

I would actually say this is a bit poor from SI, no updates for 2 months even though this was 1 of the plus points on moving to Steam, also now with still quite a few problems with the game no more updates are planned.

I honestly thought moving to Steam was a great step as they could release an update and then get the feedback and release any hotfixes or updates as were needed, 2 months with nothing was not what I was expecting.

Steam makes it easier to roll out a demo. It at no point changes how its put together, coded, and developed. They still take time. You can roll out an update instantly, like they always do. But if something takes two months to fix, it still take two months fix. People need to worry less about how devs do their work when they dont have enough of the relevant details.

Steam makes it easier to roll out a demo. It at no point changes how its put together, coded, and developed. They still take time. You can roll out an update instantly, like they always do. But if something takes two months to fix, it still take two months fix. People need to worry less about how devs do their work when they dont have enough of the relevant details.

With all respect here TMS, SI themselves had said that was the biggest point in moving to Steam, it was so they could add more updates and then change them once they got feedback.

The game went 2 months with no updates until the final update and then players were told, "if you want to play the game just play it as it is".

Interesting - I have my team set to fitness training throughout most of pre-season in the hope it will make them fitter for the start of the season (and thus less prone to early injuries), which would seem quite logical to me.

Your general training is all about CA distribution.

Leaving it on balanced splits the points equally whereas focusing on one area weights the points towards the attributes covered by that area.

This is the way its work for years and although a bit more hidden now you can still see it by looking at a player's training screen. Click the the drop down list on the top right and you can flick through the options and it highlights the attributes covered by each option.

With all respect here TMS, SI themselves had said that was the biggest point in moving to Steam was so they could add more updates and then change them once they got feedback.

The game went 2 months with no updates until the final update and then players were told, "if you want to play the game just play it as it is".

They roll out more hotfixes than they have done previously. A major update still takes time. They can certainly rollout more internal and closed beta updates a lot more quickly, and thats where moving to steam really shines. What removes a lot of testing and dev is taking something to a release candidate.

They do get feedback, from the many closed beta testers they always have (you think beta testing stops with the main release? Not a chance).

Yes I understand that but what I meant is that say there are three patches. Patches 1 and 2 would not have any support. You have the option to play those patches as they are, warts and all, SI would only support the latest patch.

Yes I understand that but what I meant is that say there are three patches. Patches 1 and 2 would not have any support. You have the option to play those patches as they are, warts and all, SI would only support the latest patch.

Not a chance that would work. You 100% would have people complaining about it and SI having to waste time sorting through. There is years of history of this with FMRTE. People would complain about issues even though its not remotely supported by SI, and they would devote time to said bug thread, only to find its cause by a piece of software they dont even support.

for a game that is released on a yearly basis as a complete game, there really shouldn't be any need for patches and fixes. If your going to sell a product to the public it should be working correctly before it's release surely? Ok, having said that I do realise that is not always possible and a few bugs may sneak through so a patch may have to be developed to fix them. But a patch that alters the whole gameplay so a lot of customers have to totally re-develop their tactics and philosophies should not be needed.

for a game that is released on a yearly basis as a complete game, there really shouldn't be any need for patches and fixes. If your going to sell a product to the public it should be working correctly before it's release surely? Ok, having said that I do realise that is not always possible and a few bugs may sneak through so a patch may have to be developed to fix them. But a patch that alters the whole gameplay so a lot of customers have to totally re-develop their tactics and philosophies should not be needed.

Not always possible? Try impossible.

They roll out more hotfixes than they have done previously. A major update still takes time. They can certainly rollout more internal and closed beta updates a lot more quickly, and thats where moving to steam really shines. What removes a lot of testing and dev is taking something to a release candidate.

They do get feedback, from the many closed beta testers they always have (you think beta testing stops with the main release? Not a chance).

I have beta/alpha tested many games and I know what happens before and after release, that is not what we were talking about.

Maybe I just had my hopes a bit too high that SI were going to release more updates than pre-Steam, in fact I am sure they did up until this version, maybe that tells it's own story.

I still find 2 months with no updates or hotfixes a bit much when you consider that was 1 of the main points of moving to Steam, also after that 2 months players are just told either play it as it is or don't play it.

SI's numbers on average injury rates, at least as far as I am aware of, does not include a comparison between the real-life amount of players stretchered off during matches and the amount in FM15.

SI seem well aware that there are more match injuries and less training injuries than RL but overall the numbers are fine, hopefully this will improve in future versions when the injury module gets updated.

That's what people are complaining about; not getting to do tactical substitutions because all three have been used for red injuries already. And not just once; so often that some people are getting upset about it.

So what are they doing to get all those injuries?

As I've said and proven over the years the injuries I get are in line with RL. Without seeing other peoples saves I can only conclude that they do something which has a significant impact on the number, unfortunately none of them are keen to do anything other than post "Injuries are broke" on the forums.

Besides, there is no documentation in-game on what the user needs to do to prevent injuries; or more to the point: connecting a high number of injuries with "you play an attacking tactic" is unnatural to most users, since they watch real-life football every weekend where one team dominates the match and pushes forward without seeing them having several players injured, and the commentators don't say "well, that's what you get when you close down like that the whole match" when players are injured either.

Well thats the first problem. The dominating team often isn't playing attacking football and they only close down in patches not constantly so are they really identifying correctly what is happening in a RL match?

As viewers we also don't get to hear about many of the knocks players get and carry in matches, I watched Villa vs West Brom earlier and three of the subs I would say were due to knocks players had received in match but nothing more was made of it.

With all respect here TMS, SI themselves had said that was the biggest point in moving to Steam, it was so they could add more updates and then change them once they got feedback.

Going off-topic slightly, but I thought they'd said that combating piracy was the biggest selling point for them to move to Steam? I could be wrong.

I have recorded the first half of my season, and their isn't much point in doing it for the full season, I think 1/2 a season is evidence enough of a problem. At least with my save.

My formation throughout 99% of the season so far has been

4-4-2

Standard Mentality

6 team instructions.

Retain Possession

Pass Into Space

Float Crosses

Shoot on Sight

Look for Overlap

Prevent Short GK distribution.

Training wise I have general training set permanently with players all training with their own regimes to do with what position they play.

They are given rest after each game and sometimes when im playing lots of midweek games I will give them another day off before a match.

Match Preparation is set to teamwork.

My players are all 100% match fit and I only play players that are in 90%+ condition except for a few games where 4 strikers were all out injured and I was forced to use a striker that was getting tired.

Now to the stats

Including the reserve games and friendlies (I played 12 friendlies during pre season) I played 68 games in the 3.5 months

I had 5 injuries related to training

9 players injured due to international games some of which were players currently loaned out (The only time I included players not currently at my club)

Now for the stats of all the games my first team and my under 19's played.

My team

Red injuries resulting in full injury 13

Red injuries resulting in no injury 9

Orange injuries resulting in Full injury 14

Orange injuries resulting in no injury 10

Opposition teams

Red injuries resulting in full injury 6

Red injuries resulting in no injury 6

Orange injuries resulting in no injury 11

That is a total of 83 injuries red and orange in total out of 68 games

34 red injuries where players couldnt continue 19 of which were injured after the match

49 orange injuries where players could continue 28 of which were injured after the match

So looking at the red injuries thats 1 in every 2 games and the orange is 2 in every 3 games.

I dont play with an aggressive attacking tactic and my players are all fit. This amount of injuries didnt happen until 15.3.

When people come on these forums with problems a lot of the time they get shouted down either because they get real life stats thrown at them or people assume they are just focusing on the worst things that are happening and therefore making it seem worse than it is.

I have provided 100% accurate stats to my game to back up the problems im having with injuries and I encourage anyone else that has problems that can be recorded in a similar way to do so.

I have beta/alpha tested many games and I know what happens before and after release, that is not what we were talking about.

Maybe I just had my hopes a bit too high that SI were going to release more updates than pre-Steam, in fact I am sure they did up until this version, maybe that tells it's own story.

I still find 2 months with no updates or hotfixes a bit much when you consider that was 1 of the main points of moving to Steam, also after that 2 months players are just told either play it as it is or don't play it.

If they need the whole two months, they are gonna use it. Not roll it out early and waste time that would be better served on it. That's the call of a developer. If you have alpha/beta tested, then you know full well how time consuming going to RC. and if you can't see how that is what we're talking then I think yuo are missing the point

We've wasted enough time debating something that isn't really up for a debate.

Going off-topic slightly, but I thought they'd said that combating piracy was the biggest selling point for them to move to Steam? I could be wrong.

I corrected that in a later post, they actually said that being able to add more updates was one of the biggest advantages of moving to Steam. :)

I have recorded the first half of my season, and their isn't much point in doing it for the full season, I think 1/2 a season is evidence enough of a problem. At least with my save.

4-4-2

Standard Mentality

6 team instructions.

Retain Possession

Pass Into Space

Float Crosses

Shoot on Sight

Look for Overlap

Training wise I have general training set permanently with players all training with their own regimes to do with what position they play.

They are given rest after each game and sometimes when im playing lots of midweek games I will give them another day off before a match.

My players are all 100% match fit and I only play players that are in 90%+ condition except for a few games where 4 strikers were all out injured and I was forced to use a striker that was getting tired.

Now to the stats

Including the reserve games and friendlies (I played 12 friendlies during pre season) I played 68 games in the 3.5 months

9 players injured due to international games some of which were players currently loaned out (The only time I included players not currently at my club)

My team

Opposition teams

34 red injuries where players couldnt continue 19 of which were injured after the match

49 orange injuries where players could continue 28 of which were injured after the match

So looking at the red injuries thats 1 in every 2 games and the orange is 2 in every 3 games.

I dont play with an aggressive attacking tactic and my players are all fit. This amount of injuries didnt happen until 15.3.

When people come on these forums with problems a lot of the time they get shouted down either because they get real life stats thrown at them or people assume they are just focusing on the worst things that are happening and therefore making it seem worse than it is.

I have provided 100% accurate stats to my game to back up the problems im having with injuries and I encourage anyone else that has problems that can be recorded in a similar way to do so.

Do you fancy uploading that save somewhere Hairycull so I can see what happens when I play it?

I might even be able to spot what is causing the your issue.

4-4-2

Standard Mentality

6 team instructions.

Retain Possession

Pass Into Space

Float Crosses

Shoot on Sight

Look for Overlap

Now to the stats

My team

Opposition teams

So you suffered 46 injuries in 68 games, am I correct? That's not particularly high. United had more than that alone to just the 1st 25 tbh

We've wasted enough time debating something that isn't really up for a debate.

That is maybe something that is wrong with this forum these days, we can not debate something that SI actually did come out and say.

It just gets brushed under the carpet and we are told we can not talk about it, that actually works out pretty well.

I dont really want to waste time on this, but both were key points for them. Piracy especially, has to be said.

You realise that every piece of software has bugs in it don't you.

That is maybe something that is wrong with this forum these days, we can not debate something that SI actually did come out and say.

It just gets brushed under the carpet and we are told we can not talk about it, that actually works out pretty well.

It's not been brushed under the carpet, you don't have anywhere near enough of the fact to debate it, and its largely irrelevant to the topic. It helps roll things out internally, it can speed things up externally. But at the end of day they still need to decide whether rolling out a update at a certain point benefits most in terms od development work and constricting factors, using information you simply do not have to hand. Moving on.

It's not been brushed under the carpet, you don't have anywhere near enough of the fact to debate it, and its largely irrelevant to the topic. Moving on.

Other than the fact that SI said they would be able to add more updates?

Do you fancy uploading that save somewhere Hairycull so I can see what happens when I play it?

I might even be able to spot what is causing the your issue.

Happy to, are people able to download it from the SI ftp site? if not then I have no idea where I can upload a 400mb file for free :)

yes I do, and I apologise for my error. It should read as themadsheep2010 said. "is impossible"

That doesn't make it any less frustrating (both for them and gamers), but that is the nature of software, and the more complex it gets, the harder it becomes to do it.

This amount of injuries didnt happen until 15.3..

And yet, people have been constantly moaning about the amount of injuries (and then in goalpost shifting fashion, to match injuries when that was debunked) since the game was first released.

Happy to, are people able to download it from the SI ftp site? if not then I have no idea where I can upload a 400mb file for free :)

whats interesting is that you only picked up 5 injuries in training. You should (all things being equal) be picking up more than that. I don't think there are enough training injuries in FM (definitely an unpopular thing to say). Perhaps that's some to focus on: whats the ratio of match injuries to training?

Not totally familiar but filedropper looks to be free and you don't have to signup for upto 5gb.

And yet, people have been constantly moaning about the amount of injuries (and then in goalpost shifting fashion, to match injuries when that was debunked) since the game was first released.

Actually I lied when I said that, the problem was there during 15.1 and 15.3. But as this is the 15.3 feedback I never mentioned 15.1

Its just the amount of injuries during matches thats got me annoyed. The amount of injuries during training are probably too soft.

The only thing that keeps popping in my head to blame for the amount of injuries could be because im not playing in an elite league. The CA of players in the Scots premier league is lower so maybe the challenges are rougher?

4 players injured in the same match -_- and none were below 78% condition

injuries are really breaking the fun

usually i dont moan and try to cope with new patches each year but i ve lost will to launch the game

That doesn't make it any less frustrating (both for them and gamers), but that is the nature of software, and the more complex it gets, the harder it becomes to do it.

Yeah I know...and I do have every sympathy for them trying to sort it all out. However I do feel they need to concentrate on getting the fundamentals, the 'base pack' if you like working as close to 100% as possible before over elaborating. It would be easier for them and better for gamers.

I also play the good old IL2 sturmovich. That's been around forever. My install of it is 12 gygabite now with all the addons and upgrades, but the base package is still the same and works well. everything else is built around it.

It doesn't feel like FM series is a stable base yet.. but hopefully :-)

Not totally familiar but filedropper looks to be free and you don't have to signup for upto 5gb.
As someone who has almost always managed injuries well in the game, I'd be up for downloading this save. Be a good challenge.

Uploading to File Dropper just now will pm you link once its uploaded

Read the edit, and realise would be able =/= will always roll out more, as there are far more factors at play.

Again that is not what SI said, Si made it sound like they would release updates and if there was still issues they could better work on it with the feedback given from the player base and then release further updates.

This release is basically the same as years ago when they released a pre-Christmas update and then we got the final update.

I hear that a lot on here too, and yet, it never seems to happen with the AI. In fact, I cannot recall a single match in over 1000 hours of play where the AI has had to use all three subs for red injuries. Two at most I've seen. It may have happened and I've just missed it, but it's certainly not common. And if it's not happening to the AI but IS happening to player controlled sides, well, you can do the maths there.

Incidentally, since I got my players to proper match fitness and paid more attention to when I was closing down or playing a higher tempo, I've had one in-game red injury in my last 10 matches. Coincidence? It's a possibility, but I like to think a lot of it is down to paying more attention, and being careful with how you manage your team.

Actually, I see plenty of AI injuries in my games. After all, they -do- go Attack and heavily closing down too, often late in the game with tired players. They don't rotate as much as I do and therefore regularly start players with condition in the seventies or lower. I don't suffer (much) from injuries and average at 1-2 at any time, with peaks up to 4-5 in some periods. There is one player in my squad who is injury prone and if anybody is stretchered off it is usually him. That's season three with Bradford, though. Season one with Lazio was dreadful! Those Romans are brittle!

In any case, me or you not having problems is a non-issue. Just thinking about it, I play two friendlies every week of the pre-season and never start players who lack match fitness - instead I let them play for the reserves until they are fully ready. The latter of those two is an adaptation to FM15. None of them are realistic, though - these things do not happen in the real world. I go in and change the setup that is already there (in Classic) to accomodate the needs for fitness in this ME, but isn't it reasonable to assume that the assistant does it right and that 5-6 friendlies are enough to give the whole squad match fitness so that they are ready for the season? It doesn't appear so - I took training out of the hands of the assistant and set it to Balanced and Average, yielding a Medium overall workload, and that's where it has been for three seasons. Nowhere in FM does it say that the players benefit from fitness training in pre-season, yet presumably it is a good idea. Does the assistant do that automatically? Is it a good idea to do so? Nobody knows, but I only do things that yields a verifiable, positive output with the goal to win FM... I'm not roleplaying.

Got it, too late tonight but I'll have a look at it over the next few days :)

I've had a quick scan Hairycull and tbh it doesn't look too bad overall.

Your tactics & training look fine and similar to what I would set.

One thing did stand out initially which was you have five injury prone players in your squad although their injury histories aren't that bad (I've seen worse).

You did seem to get more in match injuries than I would have expected but I haven't had a close look at them yet.

I'll put some stats together tomorrow similar to what I did with my save and see how they match up. I'll also try to play a few games and look back at some of your matches.

I think there are far bigger issues with this save than a load of injuries.

Elgin in the Champions League in 2019? WTF?

Anyway, in 16 of your last 25 games, you haven't had either a player taken off injured or an 'orange' injury. Move along, nothing to see here.

I've had a quick scan Hairycull and tbh it doesn't look too bad overall.

Your tactics & training look fine and similar to what I would set.

One thing did stand out initially which was you have five injury prone players in your squad although their injury histories aren't that bad (I've seen worse).

You did seem to get more in match injuries than I would have expected but I haven't had a close look at them yet.

I'll put some stats together tomorrow similar to what I did with my save and see how they match up. I'll also try to play a few games and look back at some of your matches.

Yeah no worries, let me know via PM or something, this thread is probably the wrong place to discuss it, once we have some answers then maybe post here.

I think there are far bigger issues with this save than a load of injuries.

Elgin in the Champions League in 2019? WTF?

Anyway, in 16 of your last 25 games, you haven't had either a player taken off injured or an 'orange' injury. Move along, nothing to see here.

Lol thats nothing, In fm14 I made Clachnacuddin champions of Europe :)

As for the injuries its not just my team that you should be looking at, and there is also the reserve matches where a lot of injuries happen.

Your general training is all about CA distribution.

Leaving it on balanced splits the points equally whereas focusing on one area weights the points towards the attributes covered by that area.

This is the way its work for years and although a bit more hidden now you can still see it by looking at a player's training screen. Click the the drop down list on the top right and you can flick through the options and it highlights the attributes covered by each option.

Sorry I'm talking about general team training, not individual training - I assumed my players would get fitter more quickly if my team training focus was on "fitness".

Does individual player training override team training? I thought they co-existed?

I've no idea how you do it, it's just a bog standard 4-4-2 tactic with players no better than average for the division, never mind Europe. I'd struggle to get out of League 2 with Elgin, particularly in the first couple of seasons, as they have one of the worst squads in the league, and you hardly brought anyone in.

Beats me.

Archived