Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.3.0

Will the players ever "forgive me" if they have an issue?

Depends on the issue, their personality and how you communicated with them.

Generally most minor things can be forgiven unless you've reached the point of no return where they won't talk to you.

Disappointed in league position? They'll forgive when it improves.

Playing time? They'll forgive when you give them more or agree to sell/loan them, if they are backups sometimes you need to put your foot down and tell them that.

New contract? when they get one.

etc

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have played 8. 1 win, 4 draws and 3 defeats to Man United, Chelsea and Liverpool. I said that IF I had lost 8 I could understand it. Man Utd, Chelsea and Liverpool are 1st, 2nd and 3rd. If players are going to get grumpy because you lose to the top three then surely that's a tad harsh to say the least.

Not when your own team is now at that level. You're thinking of West Ham in today's terms. In your game, your team is a top 4 side. You can't get away with saying 'but it was the top 3 that beat us' anymore.

Fitness and match fitness are not the same thing. Fitness is everything concerning physical attributes - match fitness is more like; how familiar are you to playing in competitive matches? Sharpness. Are you mixing the two?

I know that, but in nearly any sport around the world, the first few weeks of pre-season training will usually consist mostly of fitness work, both to get players back into peak condition after time off, and to lessen the impact of going into practice matches. How do I replicate this on FM? Setting my team training to "fitness" would seem logical here but obviously it doesn't do that. Unless allocating CA points to physical attributes has the same effect?

Not when your own team is now at that level. You're thinking of West Ham in today's terms. In your game, your team is a top 4 side. You can't get away with saying 'but it was the top 3 that beat us' anymore.

Ok fair enough "but" at least allow me to chat to the players. FMC doesn't allow a discussion so it does mean you cannot "manage" those players.

Ok fair enough "but" at least allow me to chat to the players. FMC doesn't allow a discussion so it does mean you cannot "manage" those players.

If your fortunes improve, the players will calm down. I've not yet had one instance where I have had no option other than to sell a disgruntled player in FMC.

Urm you had a high enough finish to get into the CL and you had CL money which means you had a significant increase in your income, what did you do with it all?

Having a small budget is certainly partly your own fault for spending all the extra income you gained.

There was about 16 million at the end of the season. I signed Song permanently then asked the DOF to sign a couple of players. He dawdled and did nothing which DOF's tend to do in FMC I signed one and awaited new deals after June expecting some of that to at least be carried over. It wasn't. They gave me two and a half million budget despite millions in the bank and again FMC doesn't allow negotiation in any form bar asking for it and the board always say no.

Depends on the issue, their personality and how you communicated with them.

Generally most minor things can be forgiven unless you've reached the point of no return where they won't talk to you.

Disappointed in league position? They'll forgive when it improves.

Playing time? They'll forgive when you give them more or agree to sell/loan them, if they are backups sometimes you need to put your foot down and tell them that.

New contract? when they get one.

etc

Obviously he won't get a new contract because of a tiny run of good form over half a year prior. It was a silly demand in the first place, and it became even more nonsensical for each week that passed where he either didn't play because of injury or played ordinarily/badly. Nobody gets a new contract for any other reason than that it is expiring in a year and I want them to stay/not leave for free. They can come knocking all they want, ranting like sulky children, but it will have absolutely no effect. If they actually want to stay at the club, then, they better learn to suck it up and carry on. Getting a seasoned professional hammering at my office door every time an inferior club emails me a lowball offer is not in any way representing reality. Their agents, yes - that is to be expected, but then having his client throwing an automatic hissy fit that I can't respond to in Classic is just adding an insult to injury.

Posted this in the bugs forum but had no reply, it's just as fitting here though.

Before 15.3 I had no issues at all(not even the save issues some were reporting), but since it's been unstable to say the least.

My Arsenal save(15.2 db) straight after the update would only save every now and again. I'd try saving and get 'game could not be saved', play a few more in game days and it'll save. This was mildly annoying but not game ruining. I tried verifying the game cache after the first time and it fixed 2 files, everytime I've ran it since it's said everything was fine.

The main problem is when I try to play with the 15.3db. Tried 3 saves and all have closed FM completely without an error message.

Also, on the half time tactics screen I can't click on the Team Instructions, but they work on every other page.

Had a quick read through other threads but I'm mid house move at the minute so I'm having to use the worst 3G signal ever to post this, so sorry if this has all been covered anywhere else. If it hasn't and it's just my problem, is their anything I can do?

Mainly playing FMC on OS X 10.7.5.

Since originally posting that I've managed to get a game running with Bayern, the only problem is 9 first team players are still on holiday and I'm in November. I know they got an extra break after the World Cup but surely not that long...

15.3 "patch" broke the game

- constant failed save on tactic screen

- disappearing icons, logos, playing field background on tactic screen due to caching problems

- after skin refresh there are wooden dummies with arms spread out playing football

(game need to be restarted always after skin refresh)

- too much injury

- game is crashing more often

Waiting for the final fix.

15.3 "patch" broke the game

- constant failed save on tactic screen

- disappearing icons, logos, playing field background on tactic screen due to caching problems

- after skin refresh there are wooden dummies with arms spread out playing football

(game need to be restarted always after skin refresh)

- too much injury

- game is crashing more often

Waiting for the final fix.

I wouldn't wait for a final fix, as there are no further fixes planned. To resolve the animation issues, please read this thread and carry out the steps therein:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/421674-Sliding-Animation-Bug-Troubleshooting

I looked through a few threads relating to this issue, and it appears that third party additional graphics can be part of the issue, so that is possibly contributing to your issue. Nothing will fix your perception of the injury count though.

I wouldn't wait for a final fix, as there are no further fixes planned. To resolve the animation issues, please read this thread and carry out the steps therein:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/421674-Sliding-Animation-Bug-Troubleshooting

I looked through a few threads relating to this issue, and it appears that third party additional graphics can be part of the issue, so that is possibly contributing to your issue. Nothing will fix your perception of the injury count though.

Yes reinstall maybe will help - will try.

What about failed saving ? Go to the tactic screen (ctrl+T) and save (ctrl+S) - almost every time failed.

I forgot to mention about exporting/importing tactics problem. Almost every time I try to export tactic I can't - graphics are missing on tactics export window.

I figure out that I need to change tactics slot before export (changing 1,2 and 3 slot).

That's not all - when i try to save my changes in a tactic and overwrite existing tactic with same name (export) changes are not saved.

Also when I try to delete tactic on tactics export window I can't - I press button and nothing happens.

It's one big mess now with tactics export/import system.

This game need one more fix that's for sure.

One thing that does annoy me about injuries is the somewhat skewed correlation between the type of injury that happens on field, to what's reported after the game.

As an example, in my last game, my striker picked up an 'orange' injury early doors. I have the 'performance' tab open during matches, and it said he was 'unaffected' by the injury and his condition almost immediately jumped back up to the level of the rest of the squad. so I kept him on as he's a key player.

I get a report after the game that he's out for five weeks with a pulled hamstring. Now, anyone who's ever played sport at any level will know that when you pull your hamstring you're most certainly not 'unaffected' by it. There is no way you'd be able to continue playing in fact.

So yeah, the levels of injuries are fine, the cause and effect of them remains somewhat off.

When you read through this thread (and others like it) it seems to me that SI are having trouble in balancing the realism of the game along with the playability of the game.

I mean its great having a realistic simulation of being a manager but I think you have to balance things out and make sure that the end user (the customer) actually enjoys the game, I mean if you brought a shoot em up game and you had to have the abilities of a fully trained special forces commando to be able to get anywhere through the levels then this would be an issue, you could say that it made the game more 'life like' but it wouldn't make the end user that happy in always getting killed easily or not progressing further through the game.

I think in some ways SI are so obsessed with introducing more aspects of football management like press conferences, player interaction, squad morale, etc. that they sometimes can't see the wood for the trees. I have always preferred less options but options that work well and add benefits to the end user. For me SI almost purposefully make the game harder (I don't mean harder as in you can't win a game of football) or clunky just to add new aspects to the game or to make it more 'lifelike' without really seriously thinking about how these introductions may increase or decrease the end users enjoyment of the game.

I would hope that overall they start to focus much more on the benefits to adding new things for the end user experience against the obsession in adding in anything they feel is a part of real life football management whether this benefits the game or not.

I know there are these classic modes now and what not but I recently saw old versions of the game and I had a passion for it that over the last 5 or so years I haven't had for the newer versions, for me I think that the reason is that I not only felt like a football manager playing those old games but I also felt like it was a game that focused on the end user and not just bloating a game full of menus, sub-menu's, and anything else they can just simply because a real manager would have this available to them.

Not quite on topic maybe but it does in some small way relate to the new patch as I guess what I am ultimately saying is I hope they think about how new additions benefit the end user not just the realism of the game. I mean we play games to forget real life in some aspects so making a game as mind numbingly confusing and crazy as real life isn't really the way to go!!

When you read through this thread (and others like it) it seems to me that SI are having trouble in balancing the realism of the game along with the playability of the game.

Taking just this bit...are they really? Or if they are, can they be blamed given that every single person will have a different idea about what the sweet spot is?

The rest of your post backs it up. There's a lot of mentions of "I", which is completely understandable, but it doesn't represent what everyone wants, or even the "average" FM gamer wants.

And I'd also add that you make out like realism and playability are mutually exclusive. I find FM15 eminently playable, and realistic in most cases. You can have both.

One thing that does annoy me about injuries is the somewhat skewed correlation between the type of injury that happens on field, to what's reported after the game.

As an example, in my last game, my striker picked up an 'orange' injury early doors. I have the 'performance' tab open during matches, and it said he was 'unaffected' by the injury and his condition almost immediately jumped back up to the level of the rest of the squad. so I kept him on as he's a key player.

I get a report after the game that he's out for five weeks with a pulled hamstring. Now, anyone who's ever played sport at any level will know that when you pull your hamstring you're most certainly not 'unaffected' by it. There is no way you'd be able to continue playing in fact.

So yeah, the levels of injuries are fine, the cause and effect of them remains somewhat off.

A more pertinent question is why is a pulled hamstring not a red injury?

Agree with this. Happens to me all the time. When it says the player has picked up a knock it should say there and then what's wrong with him so that the manager can make the decision.

Currently the calculation for what exact injury has occured takes place after the match. Therefore it's always possible that a disparity can occur. However, in future we're hoping to get this calculated as-live for much more realistic results.

Taking just this bit...are they really? Or if they are, can they be blamed given that every single person will have a different idea about what the sweet spot is?

The rest of your post backs it up. There's a lot of mentions of "I", which is completely understandable, but it doesn't represent what everyone wants, or even the "average" FM gamer wants.

And I'd also add that you make out like realism and playability are mutually exclusive. I find FM15 eminently playable, and realistic in most cases. You can have both.

Of course it relates to 'I' as it is my opinion and no-one else's, I certainly can't speak for anyone else but based on what I have read recently and previously I do think that there is a battle going on with the realism of the game and the playability of the game.

Obviously just my opinion and understand that you may differ as may many others, I guess what I'm trying to say is the realism needs to be included only if it benefits the end user, not just for the sake of it and then the line 'well that's what a manager has to put up with' used as an excuse for features being added that are either a complete waste of time or simply don't work well with the other complexities of the game.

Just my pennies worth!

Agree with your there. If things are implemented/added to the game for the sake of realism, it should bloody well work properly. If not, or if can't be made to feel realistic at all (like the "talks"), then don't add it.

(There's nothing that takes away realism in this game for me as much as these "talks" do. Whenever I'm forced to take part in them, I'm immediately reminded that this is just a game. They just won't ever work in a realistic manner.)

Of course it relates to 'I' as it is my opinion and no-one else's, I certainly can't speak for anyone else but based on what I have read recently and previously I do think that there is a battle going on with the realism of the game and the playability of the game.

Obviously just my opinion and understand that you may differ as may many others, I guess what I'm trying to say is the realism needs to be included only if it benefits the end user, not just for the sake of it and then the line 'well that's what a manager has to put up with' used as an excuse for features being added that are either a complete waste of time or simply don't work well with the other complexities of the game.

Just my pennies worth!

I agree with you.

Problem on here is when people are the slightest bit critical about the game with some feedback there are about 4/5 regular posters who want to jump in and shoot you down.

Something is definitely wrong with the AI injuries in the Serbian super league, tested id 7/8 times and the number of injuries per team is much much higher to any other league that i loaded, not a single time that a team with the most injuries had les than 9 injuries, many times the number goes above 12, one time up to 16. The team i controled had some 3-4 injuries wich is normal i kept the training at medium/high intesity from time to time, but AI is just crazy and makes it impossible to play with any serbian team. For one test i tried to reduce occurance ratio for injuries and it had the same effect so as conclusion it seems that the problem is in some 15.3 patch modifications...

I agree with you.

Problem on here is when people are the slightest bit critical about the game with some feedback there are about 4/5 regular posters who want to jump in and shoot you down.

It couldn't just be because they disagree with you, could it? Nah, those people must just be plants put there by SI. Only explanation.

Just my pennies worth!

Like I said, I get what you were saying, but my point is that this is the balancing act SI have to carry out each release. Every user wants something different from the game - some want it to be an arcadey love-fest where you can do nothing wrong, and some want it to be an unforgiving beast which is brutally realistic in all aspects, with the majority falling somewhere in between the two. And it then follows that some things you think have been added for no reason, have been added for a very specific reason in someone else's view.

No one person's view is wrong, but it goes to show what a difficult job SI have. They'l build the game mostly in the direction they want, and partly in the direction of valid feedback they get. That is never going to please everyone.

• Administrators

Hi everyone,

You may have noticed that there has been a very small hotfix update. This hotfix was to correct an error in 15.3.0, where if you started the game as Cardiff City the team's colours would incorrectly be shown as red.

This is the only fix contained in the update.

Your version number should now be:

FM2015 15.3.1

PC: 615248

Mac: 615253

Linux: 615255

Many thanks.

Currently the calculation for what exact injury has occured takes place after the match. Therefore it's always possible that a disparity can occur. However, in future we're hoping to get this calculated as-live for much more realistic results.

This will be helpful because user-related injuries (usually muscle and tendons) would then show up when the user is straining his players too much. Broken bones are then bad luck and not a random chance after a green injury and 80% condition. This is the kind of in-game feedback we're talking about. In addition it would be noticed by the head physio and relayed to you in staff meetings.

This, and a regularly scheduled update from the assistant about who have been training well and who shows signs of, for instance, fatigue (jadedness) or even hints about a new hidden stat; mental readiness, would go a long way of both improving gameplay and realism.

Hi everyone,

You may have noticed that there has been a very small hotfix update. This hotfix was to correct an error in 15.3.0, where if you started the game as Cardiff City the team's colours would incorrectly be shown as red.

FM2015 15.3.1

Many thanks.

So anyone that has not started a new save as Cardiff don't need this hotfix?

So anyone that has not started a new save as Cardiff don't need this hotfix?

If you started a new game with 15.3.0 then Cardiff's colours will be wrong. If that doesn't bother you then this hotfix does nothing else.

In regards to the realism what tends to frustrate me the most is when the stats to back up the realism tend to come from the English Premier League. And a lot of the focus of SI is around the EPL.

I understand and accept that but there has been cases where that then effects other leagues.

I suspect its down to the maths of the match engine and with whatever alterations they made to it for 15.3 to balance out the Premier League that then throws off every other league.

The high scoring non Premier League games is a great proven and accepted example.

And I will also throw in my own hypothesis with the amount of match injuries into that with the 15.3 update as well as nobody has been able to prove to me otherwise.

In regards to the realism what tends to frustrate me the most is when the stats to back up the realism tend to come from the English Premier League. And a lot of the focus of SI is around the EPL.

I understand and accept that but there has been cases where that then effects other leagues.

I suspect its down to the maths of the match engine and with whatever alterations they made to it for 15.3 to balance out the Premier League that then throws off every other league.

The high scoring non Premier League games is a great proven and accepted example.

And I will also throw in my own hypothesis with the amount of match injuries into that with the 15.3 update as well as nobody has been able to prove to me otherwise.

SI look at more leagues than just the Premier League when comparing stats after tests. :thup:

Im sure they do, I never said it was solely on the EPL

We use stats for injury tables, because it's easily available. The others are much harder to find. :p

SI are well aware of figures for goals, cards and a whole range of stats across a variety of leagues.

It couldn't just be because they disagree with you, could it? Nah, those people must just be plants put there by SI. Only explanation.

Well I haven't really posted much in the feedback threads to either agree or disagree with anyway, just been reading since the game was released and that is what I have seen.

As for the last bit of your post please tell me how I was remotely suggesting that? quite frankly that is just ridiculous.

I think it horrible that SI can't fix this issue were players floating around the pitch! Insted they coming up with solutions where it is we, the players, that have this problem much solve it ourselves! To uninstall the game completely and install it again! Why should we do that when it's you, the SI, who have ruined the game with the last update?! What kind of customer service is that? I have learned that if i have done something wrong, then I must also fix that again and that is what SI should do, not just tell the players what to do solve the problem.

Why can't you uninstall the patch and coming with another one? Or at least an update who will fix this problem?

It look's like is our fault that this is happend and then it's up to us to fix it also?!

I hope someone in SI can respond to this, because this is really bad for the game and for the reputation you.

Looks like a bug concerning work permit. Im buying a Nigerian player and work permit was refused. Therefore I appealed then they still rejected the final decision but at the same time the transfer was complete.

We use stats for injury tables, because it's easily available. The others are much harder to find. :p

SI are well aware of figures for goals, cards and a whole range of stats across a variety of leagues.

Nobody can ever doubt SI's dedication to detail. They run the most successful scouting system in the world after all.

But what im trying to say

Using the high scoring goals in the lower leagues as an example.

My guess is they focused on the better leagues in the world and then used a handicapped system for leagues with lower averages of CA which needed adjusting a couple of times since the release of the game as the amounts of goals were too high in those leagues. Likely down to poor attributes in defending/goalkeeping. Now is it not also possible then that the injuries also have to have this handicap system as well? Rougher challenges from players with poorer attributes? If so then is it not also possible that this needs tweaked?

What ive said regarding this handicapped system is just a guess though. I have no idea if SI use one or not.

Looks like a bug concerning work permit. Im buying a Nigerian player and work permit was refused. Therefore I appealed then they still rejected the final decision but at the same time the transfer was complete.

I don't think it's a bug because you should receive a message that you can send the player out on loan to a feeder club to gain an EU passport before you complete the transfer.

You still get an option to cancel the transfer before its complete. You must of clicked the okay button instead.

• Administrators
I think it horrible that SI can't fix this issue were players floating around the pitch! Insted they coming up with solutions where it is we, the players, that have this problem much solve it ourselves! To uninstall the game completely and install it again! Why should we do that when it's you, the SI, who have ruined the game with the last update?! What kind of customer service is that? I have learned that if i have done something wrong, then I must also fix that again and that is what SI should do, not just tell the players what to do solve the problem.

Why can't you uninstall the patch and coming with another one? Or at least an update who will fix this problem?

It look's like is our fault that this is happend and then it's up to us to fix it also?!

I hope someone in SI can respond to this, because this is really bad for the game and for the reputation you.

If you haven't already, raise the issue here and we'll try to get you back up and running - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/447-Match-Engine-3D-and-Team-Talks

Yep had that one too, and many more like it.................gets on ones threepenny bits after a while.

If you haven't already, raise the issue here and we'll try to get you back up and running - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/447-Match-Engine-3D-and-Team-Talks

But that don't answer my questions!? I don't need to do a complete reinstall of the game, when it's you who cause the problem! If i post this in another forum, how could that help me?! I will just get the same message as everybody else! Try this and try that!

I don't think it's a bug because you should receive a message that you can send the player out on loan to a feeder club to gain an EU passport before you complete the transfer.

That is correct. The transfer did go through but I cannot register the player to play since he doesn't have a work permit. It used to be if the work permit was rejected then the transfer will not be complete. That is why I got confused. Well now I have to loan the player and see how it goes.

That is correct. The transfer did go through but I cannot register the player to play since he doesn't have a work permit. It used to be if the work permit was rejected then the transfer will not be complete. That is why I got confused. Well now I have to loan the player and see how it goes.

That changed from FM14 to FM15, not the last update

But that don't answer my questions!? I don't need to do a complete reinstall of the game, when it's you who cause the problem! If i post this in another forum, how could that help me?! I will just get the same message as everybody else! Try this and try that!

All they can do is offer to help.

Pc gaming is specifically hard to design games for because everyone's machines are different. A game can run perfectly on 1 machine yet on another virtually identical machine it wont run at all. I havent heard of anyone else complaining since the update of players floating around the pitch. Chances are you arent the only one but your problem is in the minority.

It can be very frustrating when coming across an unexplained problem, but go with the help that is being offered and fingers crossed the reason for the problem can be found and you can get back to enjoying the game.

Hi everyone,

FM2015 15.3.1

Many thanks.

The issue regarding the "Team of the Year" bonus, which no longer is able to use in contract negotiation. Is this a problem, where a fix is coming? I thought it was an easy problem to fix, but I don't know that much about coding :)

• Administrators

We've not been able to reproduce the issue internally. The vast majority of people are not having this issue. We believe it's related to a conflicting install and caching difficulties. Which can't roll out a 'fix' as such because of the way the issue is occurring. It's related to specific system set-ups, hence why we're asking users with this issue to raise it within the linked sub forum.

That way we know exactly how many people have had this issue, and what they've tried so far to correct it. Thanks.

• Administrators
The issue regarding the "Team of the Year" bonus, which no longer is able to use in contract negotiation. Is this a problem, where a fix is coming? I thought it was an easy problem to fix, but I don't know that much about coding :)

There are no current plans for any further updates. Thanks.

I see the age old issue of teams with 'greyed out players' in the depths of the English game being massively overpowered persists. My team have won 7 straight games in the Conference North, morale all superb, and were playing against a diddy unplayable side whose players were all greyed out. Lost 1-0 at home. Now, this wasn't some smash and grab affair you can get in such a cup game, they dominated possession, had lots more shots, and were just too good. Oh, and their goal wouldn't have looked out of place in La Liga. I was hammered 3-0 by a similar team the previous season too. And I remember this happening in FM14 a lot too.

I get cup shocks happen, but it's come to the stage where I'd much rather be drawn against a playable team than a supposed inferior unplayable one.

Archived