Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.1.3

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And also England quelling any hopes of a Scotland comeback last night by doing the really impolite thing and scoring a third.

Injuries are normal (no quotation marks needed) and nothing is going to be done by SI.

ok, so you can give me a advise, in order to reduce injuries?

Injury rates are a little higher than in FM14, but still lower than real life. So it's quite normal.

How many do you have injured? I have 3, which is the most (for me) so far this season. The AI clubs range from 12 to 3.

I have 4 players injured but the worst is that almost every week have players of the first team and reserves seriously injured

I have 4 players injured but the worst is that almost every week have players of the first team and reserves seriously injured

4 is nothing. Really. Even if you have 8 out injured, it's high but still "normal".

What I find strange is the average of injuries per game, is 1 injured per game

Can you expand on that??

What type of injury? "Orange"/Light injury? "Red"/Serious Injury? A mix of both?

1 injury a game for each team or 1 injury per match?

Is it really every single game?

Are you playing at a high tempo / a lot of closing down / hard tackling?

Can you expand on that??

What type of injury? "Orange"/Light injury? "Red"/Serious Injury? A mix of both?

1 injury a game for each team or 1 injury per match?

Is it really every single game?

Are you playing at a high tempo / a lot of closing down / hard tackling?

1 injury per game my team! A mix of both! I do not know what goes on in my game but you can give me some kind of advice to try to reduce injuries please?

1 injury per game my team! A mix of both! I do not know what goes on in my game but you can give me some kind of advice to try to reduce injuries please?

1 injury per game isn't necessarily high. I don't know, because you haven't even answered all my questions.

For the SECOND time, you have been given advice: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405963-Injuries-Yes-fix-needed?p=9999032&viewfull=1#post9999032

Yeah, I hate it when it happens in real life too.

On the last match day in the Championship alone:

Derby 5 - 0 Wolves

- 2 goals in 5 minutes (Hendrick 55', Russell 60')

Fulham 3 - 1 Huddersfield

- 2 goals in 2 minutes (Lynch 75', Christensen 77')

- 3 goals in 9 minutes (Lynch 75', Christensen 77', McCormack 84′)

Millwall 2 - 3 Brentford

- 3 goals in 3 minutes (Gray 56', Gregory 58', Dunn 59')

- 4 goals in 8 minutes (Gray 56', Gregory 58', Dunn 59', Shittu OG 64')

- Special mention as that sequence in 8 minutes started with Brentford 1 up, saw them go 2 up, saw them lose that 2 goal lead in 2 minutes, and then Brentford ending up ahead again by an own goal, then hanging on for a win

Forest 2 - 1 Norwich

- 2 goals in 5 minutes (Assombalonga 85', Antonio 90')

Bolton 3 - 1 Wigan

- 2 goals in 5 minutes (Clayton 50', Davies 55')

- 3 goals in 11 minutes (Clayton 50', Davies 55', Lee Chung-yong 61')

That's 5 games where it occurred from a mere 5 from the last round of matches in the Championship. It happens, goals tend to come in clumps.

I am not saying they should never happen, just it is happening far too often. And there being a load of goals in clusters on the final day of games when teams are playing for promotion/relegation is not that great of an example ;)

You only have 2 injuries in your team? but do you have a patch or normal game?
Yes, only 2 injuries. But I don't understand your question "patch or normal game". Of course my game is patched, and I consider that normal.

I am not saying they should never happen, just it is happening far too often. And there being a load of goals in clusters on the final day of games when teams are playing for promotion/relegation is not that great of an example ;)

Not the last day of the season, that was the last set of Championship matches. That was last weekend before the current international break, a perfectly normal mid season set of games. No specially selected, nothing special about it, literally the last set of fixtures.

If you think it's too much, take complete sets of matches from your game (as in, the last 4 months or so, every game in the league), and compare the rate of it happening to real life, include a save file and post it as a bug report.

Some interesting comments about differences between Mentality, Team Shape and Roles here.

Regarding a Contain Mentality countering more than a Counter Mentality, it's no surprise really as it is built on the same countering logic albeit from a deeper position.

I agree that there are potential issues with central midfielders bunching too closely together, but I'm genuinely surprised that people can't differentiate between a Roaming Playmaker and a DM (S), or a DLP and a BWM. Even if you aren't sensing it from the match, if you look at the underlying stats of these players, it should become very clear.

It always has to be remembered that asking a player to dribble less doesn't prohibit him from dribbling, asking them to shoot less doesn't stop shots altogether, asking them to Cross Less doesn't force them to never cross. There are occasional rushed hoof balls at the back which look a bit unusual, but these should be few and far between. On the whole, my view is that PIs seem fine. It's interesting to see subjectivity at work.

As ever, if you feel that things are not working as you would expect, the best way to escalate them to get them reviewed and fixed (where appropriate) is to raise them in the bugs forum, supported with the appropriate .pkm evidence.

I stand corrected to an extent. I am not a stats freak but have looked at a few after reading your comment and it does show a difference say for instance a playmaker with passes. It also showed that my defensive forward did absolutely nothing!!! Never seen so many 0's on a stats board!! It can be frustrating though not being able to see it clearly via the actual match though.

The midfielders bunching together are an issue though it seems,. A CM A doesn't play like one at all and I suspect this could be affecting any link up play with forwards.

Not the last day of the season, that was the last set of Championship matches. That was last weekend before the current international break, a perfectly normal mid season set of games. No specially selected, nothing special about it, literally the last set of fixtures.

If you think it's too much, take complete sets of matches from your game (as in, the last 4 months or so, every game in the league), and compare the rate of it happening to real life, include a save file and post it as a bug report.

cheers, i'll post in the bugs forum

The midfielders bunching together are an issue though it seems,. A CM A doesn't play like one at all and I suspect this could be affecting any link up play with forwards.

I agree that they bunch too narrow, but my CM (A) certainly gets forward as well as they ever have. Nothing inherently has changed in his behaviour since FM14 but the bunching is a bit of an issue. Once he escapes that cluster, he's up and running fine.

Yes, only 2 injuries. But I don't understand your question "patch or normal game". Of course my game is patched, and I consider that normal.

sorry , i not explained myself properly, what I meant was if the game had a patch to fix the situation of injuries?!

sorry , i not explained myself properly, what I meant was if the game had a patch to fix the situation of injuries?!
Patched to 15.1.3, and there isn't any injury problem to fix in the first place. Just look at the real life injury counts.

This game clearly has a lot of potential, but for now the ME really is completely unrealistic. So many goals scored and conceded by crosses to the near post with no marking, and there is also a huge problem with a lot of rebounds from the goalkeeper which results in goals (no reaction from defenders or goalkeeper).

Anyone who knows when the next patch is up? Won't be wasting any more time with this until then. Disappointed, to say the least. The ME is 90% of the game, fix it.

There is no issue with injuries. If you use any search engine and search for premiership injuries there is a table that details each's clubs at the current time. If you dont want to then look at my post 875

The problem sometimes when people claim there are too many of this or too many of that is that haven't always researched the real life facts to make a comparison. As always with luck / good luck, training methods and manager selections of players when nt fully fit in real life and in FM then injury levels may vary.

You could always drop Louis van Gall an email and see what he thinks about Man Uts current injury list. What happen if you had a Sturridge type player as part of your squad always out injured.

Always worth a check on real life stats when you compare it with FM. as an aside FM has always resulted in FM injury levels averaging BELOW real life stats so dont complain too much as they may make them more realistic

This game clearly has a lot of potential, but for now the ME really is completely unrealistic. So many goals scored and conceded by crosses to the near post with no marking, and there is also a huge problem with a lot of rebounds from the goalkeeper which results in goals (no reaction from defenders or goalkeeper).

Anyone who knows when the next patch is up? Won't be wasting any more time with this until then. Disappointed, to say the least. The ME is 90% of the game, fix it.

Couldn't agree more

There is no issue with injuries. If you use any search engine and search for premiership injuries there is a table that details each's clubs at the current time. If you dont want to then look at my post 875

The problem sometimes when people claim there are too many of this or too many of that is that haven't always researched the real life facts to make a comparison. As always with luck / good luck, training methods and manager selections of players when nt fully fit in real life and in FM then injury levels may vary.

You could always drop Louis van Gall an email and see what he thinks about Man Uts current injury list. What happen if you had a Sturridge type player as part of your squad always out injured.

Always worth a check on real life stats when you compare it with FM. as an aside FM has always resulted in FM injury levels averaging BELOW real life stats so dont complain too much as they may make them more realistic

How many times do we have to say it so you understand it? It's not the total amount of players on the injury list. It's the fact that the injuries happen during games 90% of the time. Real football is not riddled with injuries every single game, they mostly happen during training.

Not to mention that the severity of the injuries that happen on FM seems a tad over the top.

How many times do we have to say it so you understand it? It's not the total amount of players on the injury list. It's the fact that the injuries happen during games 90% of the time. Real football is not riddled with injuries every single game, they mostly happen during training.

Not to mention that the severity of the injuries that happen on FM seems a tad over the top.

As I mentioned above, where are your FM soak statistics and how do they compare to real life.

Its quite easy to point out "issues" but unless these are backed up with any details / facts / statistics /save games how can they be investigated?

if you look at your post and the one I refer to you'll see what I mean. The best way to help is to submit evidence with PKM's / soak stats / save games etc.

All I can say is that I sometimes get injuries at times where numbers seem high, in game injuries sometimes but I try not to bring players back to early from injuries and where possible I rotate, even using some of the U18's. I'm in league 2 and there are so many matches, with smaller squads

In summary i dont mean to be offish but to improve the game and help yourself and others improve the game. Words are great but facts, stats and evidence are so much better

Some of the player interaction is so bizarre the game would almost be better off without it. Andy Carroll has been out for 4 months. He has been fit for two weeks. In that time I have given him 15 minutes in his first game back and 30 minutes in his second, along with 45 minutes until fit for the Under 21's. He has just come to me moaning about a lack of first team football?!?!?!?!

Some of the player interaction is so bizarre the game would almost be better off without it. Andy Carroll has been out for 4 months. He has been fit for two weeks. In that time I have given him 15 minutes in his first game back and 30 minutes in his second, along with 45 minutes until fit for the Under 21's. He has just come to me moaning about a lack of first team football?!?!?!?!

Did he get this injury in before 15.1.3? Because you shouldn't see any new instances of players complaining about first team football when injured.

For your current situation, just promise to play him over the next month. You were going to anyway, but this way you gain some points too. :)

This whole issue comes about because of the player's availability to be selected for the first team as soon as they come off a 'red' injury. No-one in their right mind would pick a player whilst he's still at the 'yellow' injury stage, yet if you look at the player's form, it shows 'not selected' as opposed to 'injured' for those games. Either the player shouldn't be available for selection until back in full training, or the game's coding has to reflect that a 'yellow' injury shouldn't count towards the lack of selection.

Did he get this injury in before 15.1.3? Because you shouldn't see any new instances of players complaining about first team football when injured.

For your current situation, just promise to play him over the next month. You were going to anyway, but this way you gain some points too. :)

He was injured from the start of the game so I suspect so yes. I said I would play him, he is bigger than me!!!

Yeah. The issue here is that he should only be considering games he has missed when his condition from injury has reached a specific level. Even then there should be some flex as coming back from a long injury players are nursed back into the first team as subs. This is is an issue and I believe it has been logged in the bugs forum

its not that complains about wanting first team football when injured. its that having just come back from injury he starts moaning much too early and I suspect its counting missed matches whilst he is either injured or whilst he is recovering building up condition where there is no chance it start a game because of his condition, let alone match fitness be raised theorugh U21 matches.

There needs to be:

a) exclusion of time while injured

b) exclusion of time whilst recivering and building up condition

c) exclusion of time / or inclusion of subs time whilst being used as a sub to help build up match conditioning

e.g. would a player seriously start complaing about wanting first team footy from the moment the plastercast comes off a leg?

Surely it must be my tactics and not the OP set pieces,right?

There has been lots of posts detailing a workaround for the OP corners.

If you've not bothered to implement them then yes, it is your tactics.

have at least 2 players zonally mark the 6 yard box and you will cut down on the number of corners you conceed directly from.

Anyone else experiencing long throw-ins (by f.ex Azpilicueta) to be massively overpowered? In a network game with a friend, he is Chelsea. Reckon he creates AT LEAST one big chance off a throw-in every game. (Not directly from the throw-in every time, often it gets cleared before Chelsea plays it back in without the defending team pushing out).

Yes, a long throw-in is a danger from time to time, but seeing it create chances every game is a bit off, imo.

If I have to be totally honest, the game is way too easy...

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/35229207088214012/42E6A8C6D729D3168E0D1FB7625AEBDD08C4FA65/

I haven't done much, made only one loan signing - and it seems you can just breeze through the opposition. I hope that there is something in the works that is going to balance the ME out a little, because simple clicks on the boxes and not using any OI, simply overpowers the AI with alarming ease...

Either FMRTE or you are just that good but really, you are in the vast minority, I guarentee it. I have 32 tutees this season and few can mimick this result so please do not be asking for the game get even harder.

Surely it must be my tactics and not the OP set pieces,right

from the match attempts can you post a sreenie of where these shots were made. e.g. as an extreme if everyone is set to long shots and most of these are nearer the corner flag than goal the shots taken could be misleading.

Being devils advocate a bit here but maybe some more information detailing where the shots were talen could help?

To bring this into some perspective (so to speak). My full-screen ratio is 5:4 (1280x1024), which gives the following outcome:

Tactics Screen at the default 100%:

tf1Zz2f.png

The same screen at 75%:

iy5jbHS.png

I'd report it to the bugs forum, but it's not really a bug, as such. It's just not very smart design of the page layout- given that the tactical layout on the pitch no longer includes the roles or duties (which is a discussion that's been done to death), neither the shirts nor the pitch itself need to be as large as they are. By making the pitch shorter, you could quite comfortably fit the subs beneath the pitch, or by making the pitch smaller but in the same ratio, you could fit them on the right-hand side as they are when zoomed out. As it stands, picking subs is just a pain in the posterior, particularly if one's injured and you have Unavailable Players filtered out.

This page... oh this page... I pray they do not stick with it and change it before final patch. The UI team need to accept this page as a loss and make it good again closer to 14 layout.

This page... oh this page... I pray they do not stick with it and change it before final patch. The UI team need to accept this page as a loss and make it good again closer to 14 layout.

I agree, I keep clicking on shirts!! I wouldn't mind so much if there was a reason for the change as in for the better but I just cannot fathom any reason behind it other than just an updated look for 15. Can someone from SI actually clarify if the updated tactic screen has an actual reason behind it?

I agree, I keep clicking on shirts!! I wouldn't mind so much if there was a reason for the change as in for the better but I just cannot fathom any reason behind it other than just an updated look for 15. Can someone from SI actually clarify if the updated tactic screen has an actual reason behind it?

Agreed 100%. Complete backwards step for me but have a feeling we're stuck with it now. A more user friendly version will probably be a 'feature' for FM16.

Don't like to criticise unnecessarily but cannot see one single advantage of the new tactics screen layout. It's really below par for SI's usually high standards.

I agree that they bunch too narrow, but my CM (A) certainly gets forward as well as they ever have. Nothing inherently has changed in his behaviour since FM14 but the bunching is a bit of an issue. Once he escapes that cluster, he's up and running fine.

I have my CML and CMR set to run wide with the ball but it seems to do little difference, they still bunch up between the centre circle and the box.

Agreed 100%. Complete backwards step for me but have a feeling we're stuck with it now. A more user friendly version will probably be a 'feature' for FM16.

Don't like to criticise unnecessarily but cannot see one single advantage of the new tactics screen layout. It's really below par for SI's usually high standards.

I could accept it if there was something gained out of changing it in some other way, but there just doesn't seem to have been. I'll even go so far as to say that I do like that the tooltips for the roles are better and clearer- I like the new way suitability is represented with the dial. But this could've been achieved in precisely the same way without moving the role itself away from the pitch and having that fixed column taking up so much space unnecessarily.

Archived