Football Manager 14 Feedback Thread - 14.1.4

Well that's even worse then! So instead of making full back play awful, SI have now made wing play utterly ineffective. Two wrongs etc.

No.

Defending needed more attention than attacking play, and it is logical to address one element at a time.

Defending, especially out wide, was addressed, so what is the logical impact? Wide attacking is perceived to be less effective.

What will be the next element to be addressed? To balance the effectiveness of wide attacking play, and the way of achieving that has already been suggested in post 784.

It is too simplistic to suggest that SI just directly reduce the effectiveness of things that are perceived to be bugs in order to fix them.

They address the root cause, and this ripples through to other things until the balance is found.

This has always been the case.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know it's too simplistic but that's what it feels like. Like after BETA where defending was awful but it barely mattered as finishing was buggy.

Maybe I'm being way too impatient but I don't think it's acceptable to still be finding the balance between something as important as defending and attacking a month after release.

13 seconds into my match and Theo Walcott has Giroud unmarked in the box. So he passes backwards to Sagna.

Did no testers pick up on this? This was a better game before this patch.

I can't play with the team I want with the style of play I want due to this bug. I can't try and dominate matches because teams can hoof it over the top and players like Peter Crouch can take an immaculate first touch and sprint towards the goal. My striker gets no service despite being unmarked because my wide players pass backwards and my CM's always shoot.

People will say that I should be patient and that SI will get it right, but it's the 1st of December and I still can't play the game the way I want. I thought that the issues of 13 would mean that 14 would be a much better game but I've yet to see any evidence of that. It's just so incredibly frustrating.

Maybe the recent update has updated the ME differently for some people than it has for others (not beyond the bounds of possibility as it has happened before). In one full season, I conceded 31 goals in 46 matches, of which perhaps 4-5 were long balls over the top of my defence (and I was playing with a reasonably high line). My AF and F9 were top scorer and 4th top scorer in the league respectively.

In the recent posts in this thread, I've seen people complaining about:

• Ridiculously high scoring games
  • Huge numbers of long ball passes leading to goals
  • Lots of lobbed and chipped goals
  • Too many shots from outside the box
  • Too effective AI set pieces
  • Too ineffective user set pieces

I'm not seeing any of the above in a full season, which I wanted to play through before commenting in detail. I've been ridiculously efficient in defence and my attackers have dominated the scoring charts. I've not been great with set pieces, but I deliberately set up so I can't exploit any weaknesses. Now, as I said, it might be that the ME update is corrupt and people need to install the game again (has happened before). However, I suspect that this is not the case and that some, if not all, of the problems people are experiencing relate to something tactical.

For example, the You Tube videos I commented on, look, at first glance, to have an issue with the d-line staying deep with little midfield cover. This can result in the opposition having lots of time and space a) to have unmarked players break past the d-line and b) make accurate long passes to them. Now, it might have been unlucky and midfield cover might usually be fine, but given he conceded three goals in such a short period of time, I think tactical deficiencies are coming into play.

As I posted earlier, we are seeing two completely different sets of posts. In GD, we are getting people complaining about the ME left, right and centre. In Tactics, we are getting the best spread of discussions I've ever seen, with all kinds of sophisticated ideas on how to play FM and some wonderful discussions and debates that we can all learn from. Some of this spreads into GD, when people talk about being able to see the differences in their tactic in the ME. We've also had a good number of people say the tactical forum discussion and knowledge has helped them enjoy FM more than ever before, which sits well against the people saying the fun factor has gone in GD.

My experience, and I've been here a long time now, is that once people actually embrace the information in the tactics forum (and it doesn't take that long), their enjoyment of FM increases exponentially. In contrast, we get the same names, year in, year out, posting in GD about how terrible the game is. We never see a single one of them post in tactics. We seem to be developing two user groups. One is open-minded and increasingly enjoying the direction FM is taking. The other is refusing to even try and accept help on playing FM, sticking their fingers in their ears when it comes to receiving information, but being loud and strident when it comes to giving opinions. It might, of course, be that they have less tolerance for bugs than others, but it might be (and I believe this to be the case) that their tactical set ups produce bad looking football (even if they are winning). I think this is the case because I know how many bugs the good tacticians actually report and you can be sure that they are not complacently enjoying the game and ignoring its faults. They are some of the most vocal but constructive critics you'll find.

I'm just amazed that the woodwork being hit wasn't seen as a priority or a huge problem. I mean I've just played a match and the woodwork has been hit 7 times: once by the other team and 6 times by my team (I've not even mentioned the other games). If that isn't classed as a big problem then the rest of the game must have been a huge mess, right? Funny thing is though, I didn't think it was.

This is a known issue which will be addressed. IIRC, PaulC has intimated in here that it was pretty close to being fixed in the update we had.

For me, it's not remotely significant enough to be considered a major bug.

If the next update reduces this count, will it be deemed to be a significant fix?

I doubt it. Just the fact that it appears in match stats makes it stand out.

To make things clear, I think the woodwork hits are too high, but I'd far rather prefer other things to be updated first.

And that's all well and good wwfan, but my biggest issues are my winger constantly passing backwards despite players being free and defending similar to what CityandColour linked to further up the page. I have provided numerous pkms in the bugs forum due to these two issues.

Is it tactical? I dont know quite what I could do to stop my defenders running away from his man or to stop my winger ignoring his attacking duties to provide another backwards pass. Unless I play my back four as deep as possible and don't start wingers. But why should I abandon my perfectly logical way of playing because the ME is so flawed?

@RTHerringbone

I guess we'll agree to disagree as it's a big problem for me, but I'm no master tactician or ME expert so it all seemed in fairly good shape.

I'll consider it a significant fix. And it stands out for me because I watch it happen in extended and comprehensive highlights. It's very frustrating and ruins a lot of immersion.

Nice to know it's being fixed but I would really liked it to have been a priority and I'm surprised it wasn't.

I was banned for a week for whatever passes as "trolling"

I think this is harsh after having purchased EVERY FM from its conception.

Anyway, i have a question, Do SI think its acceptable that 6 of the last 8 goals i've conceded are from my GK clearing the ball as if under pressure when a through ball from the opposition has made it's way back to him in acres of space and he has passed it straight to the opposing striker when he could simply have picked the ball up?

There have been some bad patches in FM over the years but this one must go down as the very worst.

Maybe i will simply collect another ban, but not having being able to read the forum for the last 7 days, i feel i must ask if SI find this acceptable?

It certainly feels like the AI have been given a "win for any reason" button, i know we are not allowed to speak of the "AI advantage" but if ever a FM patch proved an AI advantage then this is the one.

Not sure if anyone else is noticing this, but there seems to be too few goals scored in nice ways..

What I mean by this, most of my goals come via a set-piece, penalty, some rebound where the opposition refuse to notice the ball at their feet and clear it or worst of all, a defending tackling the ball to my player to score in an empty net, then it dawned on my..

What I consider to be footballing goals aren't occurring because wing play is broken, crossing doesn't work well, too many effective last ditch tackles and when you do finally get a clear chance, conversion rates for strikers are too low...

Doesn't make for a pretty game

I don't know if this is a bug, but its very annoying... Every time my fullback/wingback arrives in the deep to cross the ball to the Stiker, he stops the ball, wait the defense arrives and kicks over the defense. This also happens you guys?

It happens in 14.1.3, but it happens a lot more in this new patch.

Thanks.

And that's all well and good wwfan, but my biggest issues are my winger constantly passing backwards despite players being free and defending similar to what CityandColour linked to further up the page. I have provided numerous pkms in the bugs forum due to these two issues.

Is it tactical? I dont know quite what I could do to stop my defenders running away from his man or to stop my winger ignoring his attacking duties to provide another backwards pass. Unless I play my back four as deep as possible and don't start wingers. But why should I abandon my perfectly logical way of playing because the ME is so flawed?

Yes, the pass back is a bug and I've reported it myself. I think random defender movement is tactical. There is definitely one issue regarding central defenders, but in general, if your tactical set up is solid, your defence should be moving logically. If it isn't, then you might see problems.

Given you write "Unless I play my back four as deep as possible and don't start wingers" as a potential solution, it looks to me as if you have an imbalance somewhere. It might be in defensive settings, but it might be in midfield cover or attacking availability. Unless I see your tactical setup, I'm guessing though.

but for me, the way the game was, and is, is completly differant, I play a high line with tight marking and hassling, and use wingers as my main ouitlet of attack ,yet there are massive of space, only defenders tackle, wingers were not going forward, yet right and left backs are, poachers coming deep for the ball, with no one to pass to because the wingers are not there, my long balls are broken, pre patch i could clear a ball, midfielder knocks it on to a striker and a goal could happen, now we got carrick struggling to pass? everything seems to be squashed into the middle of the field.

but for me, the way the game was, and is, is completly differant, I play a high line with tight marking and hassling, and use wingers as my main ouitlet of attack ,yet there are massive of space, only defenders tackle, wingers were not going forward, yet right and left backs are, poachers coming deep for the ball, with no one to pass to because the wingers are not there, my long balls are broken, pre patch i could clear a ball, midfielder knocks it on to a striker and a goal could happen, now we got carrick struggling to pass? everything seems to be squashed into the middle of the field.

Sounds like you are compressing your own space from the description. However, without a detailed tactical break down, I can't be sure.

You can see that player ratings are badly calculated (read: too low) when in 10th minute you score, and the player who has scored gets a rating boost from 6.5 to 7.3 and the guy who assisted from 6.5 to 6.8. And it's stays like it until the end of the half, while all 9 other players are standardly 6.5, 6.6, 6.7

Can someone please share with me how they set their team up for free kicks and corners? Two games in a row I've conceded three goals from corners. Ball comes in, opposition player header, keeper saves falls to opposition in goals for empty goal finish. I've set my team up and I've set them all to default but almost every game I concede from a corner. Free kicks just as bad.

I'd rather have a throw in than a direct freekick.

I'd rather have anything than a direct free kick against me. A post of mine a couple of pages back shows a centre half with a free kicking rating of 9 scoring two direct against me. And then theres a screenshot of a player hitting the woodwork from six free kicks against me! If thats not a bug I don't know what is.

There is a lot of helpful feedback in here, a lot of blatant bugs mentioned too, but the amount of people just calling 'bug!' just because stupid stuff happened like they 'conceded two penaltys' or 'their goalie made a mistake' is ridiculous! It's football, these things happen!

These things happens...but sometimes, not one match in and one match out.

I love the fortuity of these things, i think that without will be a real poor game.

But damn!, it's not possible to see it in every match.

Played again and again and i can assure you (at least for my point of view)

- Italian Serie A needs more work: the strenght of many teams it's not realistic, and i know that it's a game, but can't see Roma and Milan constantly in relegation zone

- Too many shots, too many corners, to many corners turns into goals

- The wings, in general, is a known issue. Very annoying and without the possibility to change the things

- Also the shoots out of the area: even if i say to my players to don't do it, they continue like it's nothing

- Also if it's possible to see a minor team win in the home of a "big", it's the way that happens that is not realistic: 3 goals in 10 minutes (not sometimes, trust me) it's not possible, because also with the worst manager in the world champions like Thiago Silva and Ibra got a personal pride and things like these can happen SOMETIMES, not so frequently.

- I found some bugs in the staff too, one of my trainers goes away to train a National Team but his stars in training still stand

- Please, make attributes means something: i can't really see players with finishing 8 score like players with finishing 20, i can't see players with speed 10 run like players with speed 20 ecc ecc. - A minor team HAD to fail some passing and not to play like Barca.

I swear, i tried my best and i love this game, there is no reason why i've got to be critic with a game that i love so much and i buyed on day-one instead the train tickets to see my girlfriend :D

Someone will say that it's tactical, but i don't care to win, tactics not afflict the opponent players ability or the wing that don't cross or the results in games you don't play.

I heard someone say "it's tactic" even before the 14.1.4, but in fact this last patch has showed that it was not ONLY tactic errors.

Come on guys, it's the 2nd December! It will be possible to see the light before new year's day or what?

Yes, the pass back is a bug and I've reported it myself. I think random defender movement is tactical. There is definitely one issue regarding central defenders, but in general, if your tactical set up is solid, your defence should be moving logically. If it isn't, then you might see problems.

Given you write "Unless I play my back four as deep as possible and don't start wingers" as a potential solution, it looks to me as if you have an imbalance somewhere. It might be in defensive settings, but it might be in midfield cover or attacking availability. Unless I see your tactical setup, I'm guessing though.

My right back has recently put in two crosses in the box, my striker scores from them. If my right winger actually crossed I'd definitely get more goals. I'm not sure what I can do tactics wise that will make my winger do that?

I love the fortuity of these things, i think that without will be a real poor game.

- Italian Serie A needs more work: the strenght of many teams it's not realistic, and i know that it's a game, but can't see Roma and Milan constantly in relegation zone

- The wings, in general, is a known issue. Very annoying and without the possibility to change the things

- Also the shoots out of the area: even if i say to my players to don't do it, they continue like it's nothing

- Also if it's possible to see a minor team win in the home of a "big", it's the way that happens that is not realistic: 3 goals in 10 minutes (not sometimes, trust me) it's not possible, because also with the worst manager in the world champions like Thiago Silva and Ibra got a personal pride and things like these can happen SOMETIMES, not so frequently.

- I found some bugs in the staff too, one of my trainers goes away to train a National Team but his stars in training still stand

- Please, make attributes means something: i can't really see players with finishing 8 score like players with finishing 20, i can't see players with speed 10 run like players with speed 20 ecc ecc. - A minor team HAD to fail some passing and not to play like Barca.

I swear, i tried my best and i love this game, there is no reason why i've got to be critic with a game that i love so much and i buyed on day-one instead the train tickets to see my girlfriend :D

Someone will say that it's tactical, but i don't care to win, tactics not afflict the opponent players ability or the wing that don't cross or the results in games you don't play.

I heard someone say "it's tactic" even before the 14.1.4, but in fact this last patch has showed that it was not ONLY tactic errors.

Come on guys, it's the 2nd December! It will be possible to see the light before new year's day or what?

I'm sorry. It's now tens of post of yours, repeating all the same stuff. I personally understand you and agree on some problems you raised up.

But still I haven't seen any thread of yours on the match engine bugs forum with pkms uploaded with evidences on what you're saying. Keep in mind I would probably back up your concerns.

Also, keep seeing Roma and AC Milan in relegation zone it's not totally up to the ME. Maybe you should have a word into the Italian DB research thread.

Not sure if this is a bug or not but I've just played a game in the JPT and both goalkeepers for either side were sent off for second yellow cards. Both teams had made 3 subs so outfield players had to go in goal. The match went to a penalty shootout... and at the time of writing each side has scored 50 pens each, no team has missed or had an effort saved. Don't want to quit my game but this is going to go on forever if I don't!

Listen guys, a lot of the things you seem to be dealing with are tactical issues. Many of you struggled before the update and still struggle after - there is a pattern emerging here. I have a feeling that things won't necessarily change when the next update arrives. There are ways to make tactics Work, fundalmental things that you have to know/learn - like roles and duties, these things are not entirely cosmetic. If the balances are off, then you will be on the wrong end of the Risk/Reward element (which wwfan mentions quite frequently) which makes or breaks a tactic. It is simply how the game works...

I have been quite critical myself of a lot of things and there are some problems here and there, especially the visual removal of settings - but the tools to make sound tactics are still in place. If you don't learn how to use the tactical instructions you will continue to struggle regardless of how many updates come along. The bugs that are around now does not have that much influence that it will ruin your tactics entirely - that I can say with 100% certainty.

I have the feeling that most of the problems are due to contradicting settings, which has always caused problems regardless of what FM version you used. Not only is it a good idea to learn how to use the strategies, you need to know how to use settings that compliment your team - in the individual section within roles, you also need to do a few tweaks, but you need to keep things generally simple...

Not sure if this is a bug or not but I've just played a game in the JPT and both goalkeepers for either side were sent off for second yellow cards. Both teams had made 3 subs so outfield players had to go in goal. The match went to a penalty shootout... and at the time of writing each side has scored 50 pens each, no team has missed or had an effort saved. Don't want to quit my game but this is going to go on forever if I don't!

Haha! Sounds great please upload a pkm when (IF!) it's finished! :D

Haha! Sounds great please upload a pkm when (IF!) it's finished! :D

Actually finished 53-52 so I didn't have to wait too long but still...! If I can find and work out how to upload a PKM (no idea what that is) then I will just in case.

It's easy. Just save the match, it will produce a *.pkm file.

Instructions for uploading the file are here --->> http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/368795

Not sure devs and mods will allow you/us to use the server for our enjoyment though... so maybe it's forbidden. Unless you want to report a bug.

Thanks, I'm giving that a go now. Not sure if it's a bug or not, but seems a bit strange, haven't heard of it happening before. The problem is, if it goes on longer, my player had a GK rating of 4 and was nowhere near most of the pens, then it might cause people to quite out of games & loose progress. I only didn't as I came on here to report it.

Personally, for me, the patch was quality. I was enjoying the game before the recent patch but the patch sorted out the defensive fragility and made it a lot less tedious. I was starting to tire of conceding goals the same way constantly, but for me the patch has worked very well. I can now actually hold my own in a proper, gritty defensive battle which makes the game a whole lot more engaging and enjoyable.

Anyway, a few of your points i.e too many shots and too many corners etc do sound like tactical problems on your part. Plus, your point about minor teams winning away to 'bigger' teams...it happens in real life, so why not the game!

Also, one last point, for me Serie A hasn't been really too buggy. At first AC and Inter were in the relegation zone and Bologna and Sampdoria were 1st and 2nd but over the course of the season it evened out an the top 4 was 1)Juve, 2)Napoli, 3) Roma 4) Inter. Seems realistic enough to me!

Finish it and upload the pkm. Will be a bug plethora for development.

the red cards thing has been going on since the release.

Was aware there were issues with GK's picking up red cards, although this is the 1st I've seen of it. Strange to get 2 in 1 match for the same reason. Also find it highly unlikely that out of 106 pens only one was missed/saved, even with outfield players in goal. Not saying it couldn't happen, just seemed a bit weird. As I said above, my outfielder had a GK rating of 4, if he'd of had a 2 how much longer could it have gone on for?!

I'm sorry. It's now tens of post of yours, repeating all the same stuff. I personally understand you and agree on some problems you raised up.

But still I haven't seen any thread of yours on the match engine bugs forum with pkms uploaded with evidences on what you're saying. Keep in mind I would probably back up your concerns.

Also, keep seeing Roma and AC Milan in relegation zone it's not totally up to the ME. Maybe you should have a word into the Italian DB research thread.

Yes, you're right and i'm sorry. The idea is that after some days and some experiment i add something new, but maybe it's not so and i apologize.

It's also because in facts i see also (more or less) the same answers and i try to contribute like i can.

Pkm? Sorry - again - but maybe my pc knowledge or who know what...i try with Filezilla but always stop me with "Critical Error".

And yes, i know that ME and Serie A is different things (sorry for my english, i'm italian :D ) but it's the second year (or third?) in a raw that italian DB is crazy and maybe it's something that SI have to look.

Apologize and well, since my critics are obvious, i hope that something change in the near future. Sorry if i post this everyday (or maybe) but i hope you'll understand that at December 2 we are here like this.

Cheers ^^

Personally, for me, the patch was quality. I was enjoying the game before the recent patch but the patch sorted out the defensive fragility and made it a lot less tedious. I was starting to tire of conceding goals the same way constantly, but for me the patch has worked very well. I can now actually hold my own in a proper, gritty defensive battle which makes the game a whole lot more engaging and enjoyable.

Anyway, a few of your points i.e too many shots and too many corners etc do sound like tactical problems on your part. Plus, your point about minor teams winning away to 'bigger' teams...it happens in real life, so why not the game!

Also, one last point, for me Serie A hasn't been really too buggy. At first AC and Inter were in the relegation zone and Bologna and Sampdoria were 1st and 2nd but over the course of the season it evened out an the top 4 was 1)Juve, 2)Napoli, 3) Roma 4) Inter. Seems realistic enough to me!

Sorry for my really poor english, but believe me, what i want to say it's that "it happen", but not so frequently and not that way.

And i'm not talking about MY team (if, i bet you can trust i'm a moaner!) but in general. Too many shots in general, too many goals in general, not only my team. The corners seems to be the half of the occasions. The results...weird, at least in my game. That's why i dont believe it's my tactic error, because it's not about only my team.

This is what i don't like, not "to win or not" - frankly i found that type of playing and moaning really irritating.

Tomorrow i'll try to uninstall and re-install the game, maybe (dunno) it's my game...

For example, the You Tube videos I commented on, look, at first glance, to have an issue with the d-line staying deep with little midfield cover. This can result in the opposition having lots of time and space a) to have unmarked players break past the d-line and b) make accurate long passes to them. Now, it might have been unlucky and midfield cover might usually be fine, but given he conceded three goals in such a short period of time, I think tactical deficiencies are coming into play.

Assuming you are referring to my videos, the first two are goals I scored and the third (which I conceded) was something you advised was a clear bug with illogical defensive movement.

To be honest I'm benefiting much more from long balls than I am conceding since I changed the roles of my back three and started using the "push higher up" shout.

I was enjoying the game pre-patch, but with 14.1.4 it has gone to a whole new level in my opinion. Have played a full season now since the update on my continued save from the BETA. The positive things I can think of:

I have seen a lot less goals from corners than in 14.1.3.

The shots per game has definitely come down to a more realistic level.

Many more goals coming from open play, nice passing moves which is good. It finally feels as if my tactic and style is working how I want and being implemented properly by my players. My AMC with duty of SS now has much more of an infuence in the game, seen some nice through balls and little flicks round corners which never saw pre-patch. In 14.1.3, no matter who I seemed to try in this role was getting sub 6 ratings a lot of times. I guess the more space in behind has aided them.

Scorelines seem more realistic in my games, less goal bananzas. I did however beat Man City 6-1 when they had some poor 17 year old sod in the sticks with Hart out, that was erm.. a highlight :lol:

The defending in wide areas and in closing down and blocking shots is a huge improvement.

I have not seen an increase in red cards, in my games at least. Still do see a lot from AI teams though some matchdays.

The free kicks are a lot better and I have actually seen placed DFK's with inswinging curl go in, not just a blast every time as before.

I have also seen a couple of great headed goals, a glancing one from a cross and a downward header to the corner, again something I hardly if ever saw pre patch.

One on ones I have also seen some more clinical finishes on occasion, and intelligent efforts that are well placed in the corner or in off the post, not just drilled in low near post or straight at the keeper.

I have even seen a player of mine attempt a bicycle kick, looked a nice animation, unfortunately it didn't go in :)

Not really noticed many bad things to mention or atleast I can't think of any other than those I read people here are seeing. Huge faith that SI will address most of them what people are mentioning in the next update.

So yeah, hats off to SI for the job they did on 14.1.4. A vast improvement and a superb version of FM, really enjoying. Worth the wait or what!

I posted this in the previous Feedback thread but the update came out about 5 minutes later and the thread was locked… so I thought I'd ask again.

I have a question about assistant advice during the game:

When he suggests something is there any way of knowing exactly which of my tactical instructions will be altered? Most are very clear ('so-and-so is getting too much space and needs to be closed down' for example) but some are less obvious. 'While we're not connecting too many of our crosses, we are winning most of the headers today' is one example.

I clicked Apply Advice and saw that all my Possession instructions had all changed and were replaced with something like Float Crosses and Hit Early Crosses and maybe one or two more. The problem is, that's not how I want my team to play and there was no way of checking before what changes would be made.

Well ive played about a season now on the new patch.

Good stuff:

More variety of goals, including more free kicks and better finishing overall.

Defending seems much better, especially the engagement of the full backs.

Last ditch tackles look ace.

Transfers are much much better, im able to negotiate fee's up and down far better than last time, players in good form are being highly sought after, good players on poor form have less interest, players im trying to buy are coming at realistic levels and im not able to attract every wonderkid the second they are generated into the game.

AI squad building seems much much better, im pulling my hair out trying to compete with a team backed by an oil tycoon, who since being taken over have fully re-built the club, with a new stadium and new facilities, ontop of signing players i would want instead of wasting their money on rubbish. Its really good to see that side has had some work.

Bad stuff:

Centre backs can be erratic at times with their closing down. I dont have huge issues getting caught with over the top balls, but it does happen a bit more than i would like, and it seems difficult to pin point the problem, it seems if you dont play with a defensive minded midfielder your centre backs seem to want to close down the ball a bit high up the pitch, but like i say its not a huge thing for me.

End of season and pre-season squad talks just dont really work, i finished a season in second, told everyone to come back and challenge for the league and was told i wasnt aiming high enough, everyone can back from holiday and i re-iterate that i want to challenge and now everyone is unhappy that im being too ambitious, needs looked at.

Talks about convincing players to stay are a bit funny as well. I promised the cup to a player to convince him to stay as i thought the league was too ambitious, he agreed to stay if i won, then i went on a 16 game unbeaten streak and went 14 points clear in the league, won it with 7 games to go, but lost the cup semi final so the player wanted to leave, it would be good if the player could see i won the league and therefor achieved more than i said i would.

Repeat transfer, bids at the same value, are annoying.

I dont see it very often, but the cut back crosses can be annoyed, they usually seem to come when a drilled cross into a packed box is the best idea, but the player would rather keep possession for the team.

Overall pretty happy, a few things that could be ironed out, but overall its decent.

Hi all,

A general question - how long do you take to complete a season in FM14? Also, which league are you playing in and which FMs have you played before?

I am asking this to gauge how time-consuming FM14 is before deciding whether to buy the game or not.

Hi all,

A general question - how long do you take to complete a season in FM14? Also, which league are you playing in and which FMs have you played before?

I am asking this to gauge how time-consuming FM14 is before deciding whether to buy the game or not.

That's a bit open ended...

The full fm game can consume your life! but there are challenges or FMC (classic) which are designed for those with less time on their hands.

It also depends how deep you want to go.. the beauty with the game is that you can do as much or as little as you like... from sorting out every individual player with their own weekly training program or just letting a staff member do it all for you and just click continue to breeze through the seasons... it's really up to you.

Hi all,

I've seen someone taking a couple of days to complete a season and I've never realized how they can be that quick. Personally I'm not able to take less than 20days - 1month for a full season, and I never watch full games.

Archived