Football Manager 14 Feedback Thread - 14.1.4

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had my first real bizarre transfer moment of 14.1.4 last night.

Liverpool bid £1.2 mill for Fabianski (currently worth £1.2), i decided i wanted a touch more said so said i wanted £1.5. They considered this... then came back in with a bid of £750k.

Didn't want to put it in the bug forum as i wasn't sure whether it was a bug or just Liverpool trying to be cheeky :lol:.

Maybe the recent update has updated the ME differently for some people than it has for others (not beyond the bounds of possibility as it has happened before). In one full season, I conceded 31 goals in 46 matches, of which perhaps 4-5 were long balls over the top of my defence (and I was playing with a reasonably high line). My AF and F9 were top scorer and 4th top scorer in the league respectively.

In the recent posts in this thread, I've seen people complaining about:

• Ridiculously high scoring games
  • Huge numbers of long ball passes leading to goals
  • Lots of lobbed and chipped goals
  • Too many shots from outside the box
  • Too effective AI set pieces
  • Too ineffective user set pieces

I'm not seeing any of the above in a full season, which I wanted to play through before commenting in detail. I've been ridiculously efficient in defence and my attackers have dominated the scoring charts. I've not been great with set pieces, but I deliberately set up so I can't exploit any weaknesses. Now, as I said, it might be that the ME update is corrupt and people need to install the game again (has happened before). However, I suspect that this is not the case and that some, if not all, of the problems people are experiencing relate to something tactical.

If I understand your post correctly, why on earth should I have to consider flaws in the game when setting up my tactics? I want my team to play a certain way and shouldn't have to compensate for errors in the game.

Also, and again if I have interpreted your post correctly, if you're deliberately setting up this way, how do you know what else you're missing with regards other bugs?

Just for clarity I am not criticising you or the game. I just find your comment strange. I'm sure come February the game will be fantastic; I just wish that SI would take more time to get these things right before releasing a product which isn't complete. Makes me wonder if it's pressure on them from Sega for example or if it's SI wanting to get the game out ASAP.

• SI Staff

Liverpool bid £1.2 mill for Fabianski (currently worth £1.2), i decided i wanted a touch more said so said i wanted £1.5. They considered this... then came back in with a bid of £750k.

Didn't want to put it in the bug forum as i wasn't sure whether it was a bug or just Liverpool trying to be cheeky :lol:.

Sounds like a bug to me. Do you have a save game before Liverpool made their initial bid?

If so could you please upload a save to the FTP. Details on how to upload can be found here - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/368795

Well ive played about a season now on the new patch.

Good stuff:

More variety of goals, including more free kicks and better finishing overall.

Defending seems much better, especially the engagement of the full backs.

Last ditch tackles look ace.

Transfers are much much better, im able to negotiate fee's up and down far better than last time, players in good form are being highly sought after, good players on poor form have less interest, players im trying to buy are coming at realistic levels and im not able to attract every wonderkid the second they are generated into the game.

AI squad building seems much much better, im pulling my hair out trying to compete with a team backed by an oil tycoon, who since being taken over have fully re-built the club, with a new stadium and new facilities, ontop of signing players i would want instead of wasting their money on rubbish. Its really good to see that side has had some work.

Bad stuff:

Centre backs can be erratic at times with their closing down. I dont have huge issues getting caught with over the top balls, but it does happen a bit more than i would like, and it seems difficult to pin point the problem, it seems if you dont play with a defensive minded midfielder your centre backs seem to want to close down the ball a bit high up the pitch, but like i say its not a huge thing for me.

End of season and pre-season squad talks just dont really work, i finished a season in second, told everyone to come back and challenge for the league and was told i wasnt aiming high enough, everyone can back from holiday and i re-iterate that i want to challenge and now everyone is unhappy that im being too ambitious, needs looked at.

Talks about convincing players to stay are a bit funny as well. I promised the cup to a player to convince him to stay as i thought the league was too ambitious, he agreed to stay if i won, then i went on a 16 game unbeaten streak and went 14 points clear in the league, won it with 7 games to go, but lost the cup semi final so the player wanted to leave, it would be good if the player could see i won the league and therefor achieved more than i said i would.

Repeat transfer, bids at the same value, are annoying.

I dont see it very often, but the cut back crosses can be annoyed, they usually seem to come when a drilled cross into a packed box is the best idea, but the player would rather keep possession for the team.

Overall pretty happy, a few things that could be ironed out, but overall its decent.

Agree with all your points

Defenders closing down issue is common in my game since the patch. And yet to see a downward header from a forward.

Sounds like a bug to me. Do you have a save game before Liverpool made their initial bid?

If so could you please upload a save to the FTP. Details on how to upload can be found here - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/368795

Not certain i do but will investigate tonight after work. Will definitely make sure i have something to upload though if it happens again. Cheers for the reply.

I think its Liverpool's response to that Suarez £40m + £1 bid IRL :D

Last match, despite winning 2-1 in the 90+3th minute, it frustrated me a lot.

Dominating the play for the first 45 minutes. 5 minutes after half time the first highlight for my opponent. A free kick just at my half, free kick takers kicks the ball over all my defenders who don't react and their striker can score easily

[video=youtube;7qKCqtfnQnc]

After missing the first 3 CCC, I get a penalty and finally manage to score a goal. All out attack and in the 90th+3 minute I manage to take the deserved win. Look at that beauty.

[video=youtube;7jnt8ALJVuE]

Matchstats:

ortsld.png

If I understand your post correctly, why on earth should I have to consider flaws in the game when setting up my tactics? I want my team to play a certain way and shouldn't have to compensate for errors in the game.

Also, and again if I have interpreted your post correctly, if you're deliberately setting up this way, how do you know what else you're missing with regards other bugs?

Just for clarity I am not criticising you or the game. I just find your comment strange. I'm sure come February the game will be fantastic; I just wish that SI would take more time to get these things right before releasing a product which isn't complete. Makes me wonder if it's pressure on them from Sega for example or if it's SI wanting to get the game out ASAP.

You've misinterpreted that. He was specifically talking about set pieces in relation to that. Nor did he say he was compensating got anything, and it wouldn't really stop him spotting issues in truth.

Last match, despite winning 2-1 in the 90+3th minute, it frustrated me a lot.

Dominating the play for the first 45 minutes. 5 minutes after half time the first highlight for my opponent. A free kick just at my half, free kick takers kicks the ball over all my defenders who don't react and their striker can score easily

After missing the first 3 CCC, I get a penalty and finally manage to score a goal. All out attack and in the 90th+3 minute I manage to take the deserved win. Look at that beauty.

I personally don't see anything wrong on Nemeth goal.

Guest El Payaso
I personally don't see anything wrong on Nemeth goal.
I do. Centrebacks don't react and the goalie does neither. Looks to me that the goalkeeper would get to that cross easily but no reaction from him untill it's too late.

I've now played more with this new patch and I could say that it's a decent one. Okay the way that your team reacts at long balls defines a lot how the match goes; one day my centrebacks are solid in these and head the ball to my own more defensive central midfielder and I always get possession that way and it often starts attacks for me but other day they are just walking disasters either missing headers or heading the ball straight to oppositions' strikers or midfielders and that gives chances for them. You could say that goalkeepers are often the main playmakers of the teams as they really do start so many attacking moves.

And as for this conversation about single attributes, I will have to agree, they don't matter enough. I brought Lewis Putman in to my Skrill North team and this guy has superior finishing and composure (17 and 15) and I can tell you that he isn't finishing any better than other strikers in the league, because of his (propably) lower Current Ability, it's quite the opposite; he's been really really far from clinical. And yes, he's getting 2-3 good chances to finish almost every game but he's certainly not doing it.

I do. Centrebacks don't react and the goalie does neither. Looks to me that the goalkeeper would get to that cross easily but no reaction from him untill it's too late.

Or in reality, the striker was too quick for the defence and the keeper, having intially thought the defence would be quicker to react, tried to keep himself big to narrow the angle rather than blindly rushing out. A bad goal to lose certainly, but not one I'd be worried about in terms of any fault with the game.

Aside from the control of long balls it’s the lack of crossing by wingers that’s bothering me the most, although I find it helps if I set a tactic with only one winger, no idea why though. Even free kicks are a problem, I’ve seen plenty of free kicks from the touchline about half way into the opposition half, with players queued up in the penalty area to attack the goal, but instead of crossed towards the penalty area, the kick is knocked back towards players near the center circle and as the defence rushes out often then ends up being passed all the way back to the keeper.

You've misinterpreted that. He was specifically talking about set pieces in relation to that. Nor did he say he was compensating got anything, and it wouldn't really stop him spotting issues in truth.

I understand what you're saying but I'd prefer wwfan to clear that one up (i.e. misinterpretation). I would imagine it is in relation to set pieces but if that is the case then my point still stands.

What if the amount of goals he has in his games is reduced significantly because he isn't 'exploiting' flaws in the ME on set pieces? Something which every other user who just sets up without taking the flaws into account is still experiencing. This could alter the whole game massively. I would imagine going down by a goal alters the game dynamic significantly so I would argue that his tweaks to avoid the ME flaws are having an effect.

What do you think about it from that angle? :confused:

I understand what you're saying but I'd prefer wwfan to clear that one up (i.e. misinterpretation). I would imagine it is in relation to set pieces but if that is the case then my point still stands.

What if the amount of goals he has in his games is reduced significantly because he isn't 'exploiting' flaws in the ME on set pieces? Something which every other user who just sets up without taking the flaws into account is still experiencing. This could alter the whole game massively. I would imagine going down by a goal alters the game dynamic significantly so I would argue that his tweaks to avoid the ME flaws are having an effect.

What do you think about it from that angle? :confused:

Take it from me, wwfan spots more issues and things that need tweaking than just about anyone else outside of SI, and has been doing so for a long time. It's pretty fair to say he's pretty expert on where and how to spot oddities and bugs etc :thup:

Guest El Payaso

Another bad day at the office for Putman; 4 clear cut chances for him and only managed to score 1 from the penalty spot. Funny how much more effective AI teams' strikers are and with so much worse finishing and composure. Really getting annoyed with this thing.

Putman's attributes

529c9e90349f9.jpg

Surely he should do a lot better?

Is anyone else seeing a high number of sendings off with this patch? I've had 3 in 3 matches (not all for me) and this was my latest round of games

5b1b0da036723b476db8fe7fdf178b02.png

Yep i have, luckily it hasn't been for my team yet just the opposition.

where did you get those logos from?

Overall I absolutely love the new update, but then I am trying to not feed all the feedback so that I don't cotton onto the small error's that there may be! However, one small thing I have picked up on is that you can declare an interest in bringing a player in on loan when he is already on loan at your club!

For example, I have Jake Sinclair from Southampton on loan and can say I want to get him on loan...bit of a glitch I think!

Overall I absolutely love the new update, but then I am trying to not feed all the feedback so that I don't cotton onto the small error's that there may be! However, one small thing I have picked up on is that you can declare an interest in bringing a player in on loan when he is already on loan at your club!

For example, I have Jake Sinclair from Southampton on loan and can say I want to get him on loan...bit of a glitch I think!

That's worth loading up the save if you get time. :thup:

Still seeing complete stupidity and general unfairness from the AI and my players.

My strikers seem to be completely incapable of scoring (Bare in mind, i have players like Suarez, Sturridge, Beneteke) even though they're some of the most clinical and best strikers around, in my opinion, should be looked at. Not able to score constant through balls.

Opposition goalkeepers seem to be overpowered, saving the most difficult and powerful shots despite the fact they're completely crap goalkeepers. Half the time, i feel like i'm against Iker Casillas.

AI is unbelievably accurate and clinical in every shot they take. I dominate the game, put my best players out. We have round after round of possession and shots despite not scoring (lol) - And then on the 76th minute, they have 5 minutes of the ball and score.

Seen this pretty much everywhere in my game, needs to be sorted.

Dont get me wrong, i love the FM series, and have been a player for countless years. Just seems this years has been a little rushed.

I really can't understand some of these criticisms of 14.1.4. I had my share of frustrations with the 14.1.3 ME, but post-patch I am absolutely loving it. Lots of goals actually come from creativity and good movement and passing, rather than a mess of goalmouth scrambles and corners. I'm surprised people are still complaining about too many long shots. I only see a couple in each game now. Maybe a lot of the problems people are seeing is because they play as LLMs and have poor quality players with poor decisions?

The only (small) issues I have now are:

1) Strikers lob the keeper a bit too easily now. It still only happens maybe once in every 10 games, but I don't think mediocre strikers should be able to do this as commonly as they do.

2) While I absolutely have not experienced this "opposing teams can just put long balls past my defenders at will" phenomenon, some tweaks to defensive awareness are necessary. I've seen a couple of situations where a loose ball was obviously going to be latched onto by an attacker, but my defenders didn't react and start dropping deeper until the attacker actually claimed the ball, which was too late and put the attacker through on goal. Again, this is a pretty rare occurrence. I've only seen it a couple of times in around 20 games.

Still seeing complete stupidity and general unfairness from the AI and my players.

My strikers seem to be completely incapable of scoring (Bare in mind, i have players like Suarez, Sturridge, Beneteke) even though they're some of the most clinical and best strikers around, in my opinion, should be looked at. Not able to score constant through balls.

Opposition goalkeepers seem to be overpowered, saving the most difficult and powerful shots despite the fact they're completely crap goalkeepers. Half the time, i feel like i'm against Iker Casillas.

AI is unbelievably accurate and clinical in every shot they take. I dominate the game, put my best players out. We have round after round of possession and shots despite not scoring (lol) - And then on the 76th minute, they have 5 minutes of the ball and score.

Seen this pretty much everywhere in my game, needs to be sorted.

Dont get me wrong, i love the FM series, and have been a player for countless years. Just seems this years has been a little rushed.

There's no difference between your strikers and the AI strikers. I used to agree with you that finishing was poor, but it applied to the AI strikers too. Post-patch I see less howlers from strikers, maybe because shot selection has been improved.

I remember it being an issue on early 13 but I'm noticing lots of cup upsets. My Arsenal side are struggling to beat sides in the Championship. Watford have knocked out Chelsea in the COC, Norwich beat Southampton, Liverpool and Everton in their run to win the COC.

The FA Cup quarter finalist teams are Cardiff, West Brom, Manchester City, Manchester United, Arsenal, Brighton, Newcastle and Derby. Tottenham were comfortably beaten by Derby and City just scraped past Charlton in the 5th round.

It stretches to the CL too. Bayern couldn't get out of the group, Atletico struggled against a vastly inferior PSV to drop into the EL, S. Donetsk finished miles below Celtic. My toughest two matches in my CL group were against Plzen who seemed to raise their game.

Not massive issues but I do remember it being an issue in early FM 13.

There's no difference between your strikers and the AI strikers. I used to agree with you that finishing was poor, but it applied to the AI strikers too. Post-patch I see less howlers from strikers, maybe because shot selection has been improved.

Appreciate the response.

I'd have to disagree. My strikers finish like conference north players (No offense), they have the inability to score the most easiest and blatant opportunitys. Then the AI's seem to finish like Sergio Aguero and Messi.

Another bad day at the office for Putman; 4 clear cut chances for him and only managed to score 1 from the penalty spot. Funny how much more effective AI teams' strikers are and with so much worse finishing and composure. Really getting annoyed with this thing.

Putman's attributes

529c9e90349f9.jpg

Not necessarily. Judging by that screenshot, one shot was from the edge of the box, which no player has a divine right to score from. This brings the chance conversion ratio down to 1 out of 3, which is pretty good. The second effort to the right of that is only just inside the box and is at a narrower angle - again, not the easiest of chances to convert. This brings the ratio down to 1 out of 2, which is Ian Rush level! Not too bad imo. Maybe the game has not interpreted CCC correctly, which happens sometimes.

Guest El Payaso
Not necessarily. Judging by that screenshot, one shot was from the edge of the box
Yes but that was maybe the easiest chance as my full-back was through from the left wing and he decided to gift the striker a free chance in the middle, should have converted that one.
The second effort to the right of that is only just inside the box and is at a narrower angle - again, not the easiest of chances to convert.
In that chance I can give him a bit of slack as he dispossessed the oppositions' full-back and created that chance for himself, okay the finish once again was terrible but not the easiest of chances.
This brings the ratio down to 1 out of 2, which is Ian Rush level! Not too bad imo. Maybe the game has not interpreted CCC correctly, which happens sometimes.
Yeah but the only goal was from a penalty so I wouldn't praise his finishing percentage. And the fact is that he has been this wasteful for the whole season and with those attributes he should be able to convert even half-chances at times but most of the time he isn't even finishing clear-cut ones...

I understand (after a talk with @federico ) why i'm not constructive in this thread (it depends also by my poor english knowledge) and i try to say my point of view once and for all, maybe can be at least interesting.

What i don't like in this game, and i've played several versions in a raw of FM, is this: it's not to win or to lose, and really i understand that surely my tactic don't work properly, but the fact (for me) is that if i use a wrong formation the game don't make me understand why. If i use a wrong tactic then i've got to see wrong matches by my team, less occasions, ugly play ecc

In fact what i see it's a good (often dominate) play by my team and what's wrong seems to be often individual errors.

So it's the point: in the past FM (correct me if i im wrong, but i always felt this) bad tactics were translated into bad games by my team. Now seems that simply my striker forget how to score and my defenders forget how to tackle. After tactics corrections (suggested by this forum) my team win but in fact the changes seems regard alone the individual skills of my players. So what i ask is simply to see errors in game, because if i do errors i must have the opportunity to correct. But if i do 30 shots...

Said this, i leave to users that surely knows the game best than me, happy to (maybe?) have expressed what i found bad.

Obviously this game is more than a game, obviously FM14 have all the possibilities to be the best of the saga, but i really think that it must be a different ME approach. In fact, every manager have the right to play his idea of football, and if it's wrong then the game must punish him showing why and not only in the results. I understand that you might think that those who complain do so because they lost, but that's not ALWAYS.

At least not for me.

Putman's attributes

529c9e90349f9.jpg

Tbf, finishing and composure are the only two attributes that he has going for him, along with decent OTB. High finishing only means he'll generally get shots on target (which in your screenshot he does) and composure means he'll take a touch instead of snatching at it. He has poor technique, first touch, decisions, agility and balance though - all of which play a role in goalscoring situations.

Some match engine feedback:

Defending:

Best match engine yet for defending. I don't remember interceptions working so realistically in any previous version. I also really like the feel of desperation in the last ditch blocks and tackles. However, it seems the blocks and tackles are slightly too successful. It'd be nice to see skilled attackers counter these challenges like they do in reality by side stepping, cutting back onto their other foot, or just getting a toe in ahead of the defender and drawing the foul. It also feels like I should see more deflected shots go in. Currently most blocked shots are blocked perfectly and if not the deflection is so large that they go far wide

Player ratings:

As others have said, the player ratings seem slightly off. It may be that they're just different to previous games and will take time to get used to. In FM14 they seem very stable and the only thing to significantly affect them is a goal. On FM13 the ratings seemed much more volatile and would change quite drastically in a short space of time. However, (rightly or wrongly) it felt the FM13 ratings were giving me more useful information as they gave some indication as to how well the player was playing in the last few phases of play, either by the number itself or the rate at which the number increased/decreased. This meant I could get meaningful feedback on a players performance after changing their position/role or after an angry team talk.

The current rating system seems ok for judging how well someone played but only at the end of the match. My defenders might be playing well and keeping a clean sheet all match but it is only in the final 10 minutes that their ratings go into the 7s. Maybe I need 2 rating systems - their overall performance in the match so far (I guess like the current ratings), and also some indicator in how well a player has done in the last few phases of play (one for the wishlist?). Either that or some other way of seeing improvement / regression without have to watch the full match.

Wing play:

The way wingers play at the moment is currently the only thing that frustrates me enough to prevent me from enjoying the game as much as I'd like to. Watching the full match illustrates some problems. There are some things that could be tactical but others that look plain unrealistic. I'll split them up...

Possibly tactical:

- I see no urgency in wingers on the counter attack. Despite playing a counter strategy I see wingers receive the ball with acres of space to dribble into and a chance to cause serious trouble on the break yet they jog or even walk with the ball until the opposing defenders and DMs are all back safe. I've tried different instructions such as higher tempo, run wide with ball, dribble more, more direct etc. but with very little success. Even with other strategies that are meant to counter attack (defensive and attacking?) it's the same slow story. Has anyone had any success with fast attacks down the wings?

- They also seem reluctant to make off the ball runs into space where they could cause havoc on receiving a pass. I want to see my wide players busting a gut to get forward and provide outlets when I gain possession but I've found no way to get this to work. It's as if they want to play a slow possession game. If this isn't a match engine problem then some advice would be great as none of the instructions I try seem to make any difference.

- If ever my wingers do end up attacking down the flank, my forwards don't seem interested in keeping up with them. They don't make attacking runs to receive a cross and they don't move into position to receive an inside pass or pull back. They just seem to amble along. I've tried many different roles but all seem the same in this respect. Any ideas?

Anyways, I'm perfectly willing to accept these as my own tactical flaws but only if a tactical solution can be found.

Probably match engine issue:

- Wide players are so determined to get corners. They'll regularly try to buy one off a defender, sometimes even when through on goal after cutting inside. They often try again if the ball comes straight back to them after hitting the defender. The added insult is that it very rarely results in a corner as they kick it straight out. This is my number 1 irritation with the game. I know it's a known issue. If you need any more pkms for it then let me know.

- After getting beyond a full back, wide players will often wait for them to catch up. I see wingers get past their man and then pass up the opportunity for an unobstructed cross in order to let the full back close him down again. This then results in a cross likely to be blocked, a tackle, or another attempt to buy a corner (maybe they wait just for another corner opportunity). This also seems to be the reason I never see any crosses hit first time. They nearly always take a few touches to allow the defenders to get into position. Combined with the other issues I'm having, this is ruining the tempo of my attacks. Hit early crosses seems to have no effect on this (although I could probably persuade myself that it causes fewer corner-buying attempts).

- Players freeze up when they get to the byline between the 6 yard box and the edge of the penalty area with the ball. At this point I'm usually begging for a pull back to the penalty spot or edge of the area but it never happens. The player on the ball will just stop and wait to get tackled. This might be due to the fact there are no options. I see forwards run into the 6 yard box and then wait there as they've run out of pitch to make forward runs into. In fact movement inside the box is static in general. I don't think I've ever seen a striker drop off back from the defenders to the penalty spot area and offer the pull back option when a wide player has got to/near the byline. This would be great to see in the match engine.

If these issues can be solved soon (either in the match engine or in my tactics) then the girlfriend is going to have a very lonely Christmas!

I remember it being an issue on early 13 but I'm noticing lots of cup upsets. My Arsenal side are struggling to beat sides in the Championship. Watford have knocked out Chelsea in the COC, Norwich beat Southampton, Liverpool and Everton in their run to win the COC.

The FA Cup quarter finalist teams are Cardiff, West Brom, Manchester City, Manchester United, Arsenal, Brighton, Newcastle and Derby. Tottenham were comfortably beaten by Derby and City just scraped past Charlton in the 5th round.

It stretches to the CL too. Bayern couldn't get out of the group, Atletico struggled against a vastly inferior PSV to drop into the EL, S. Donetsk finished miles below Celtic. My toughest two matches in my CL group were against Plzen who seemed to raise their game.

Not massive issues but I do remember it being an issue in early FM 13.

I agree sometimes results can seem a bit too random but I think the problem has been lessened a bit now that the ME has been tweaked to reward good creative play a bit more. I had Bayern fail to get out of their CL group in the 2014-15 season, but they were in a GOD with Man City and PSG.

League results in France are still a bit too random. At least all the major clubs are in the top half of the table now, but it's still a bit strange that my toughest challenger for the title is Nice, not Monaco or Marseille or Lille. But I guess that's not that big a deal as they did manage to finish 4th last season.

Had this happen a few times with different players so I would say it's a bug.

Guest El Payaso
Tbf, finishing and composure are the only two attributes that he has going for him, along with decent OTB. High finishing only means he'll generally get shots on target (which in your screenshot he does) and composure means he'll take a touch instead of snatching at it. He has poor technique, first touch, decisions, agility and balance though - all of which play a role in goalscoring situations.
Okay this is all new to me. :o I think that I'm dropping this guy then. Such a shame as he has been clinical in the lower leagues in real life.

Okay this is all new to me. :o I think that I'm dropping this guy then. Such a shame as he has been clinical in the lower leagues in real life.

I'm sure he can be effective as a specialist poacher if you build the team around that. He will need a lot of time and space to finish his chances though. Low technique means he doesn't have much in his locker for beating a keeper and his first touch, agility and balance mean it'll take him a while to get a decent shot off. Add to that the proneness to making poor decisions and you can see how it's a bit tricky for him.

Personally I always prefer all-round players to specialists in lower leagues. There just isn't enough quality around at that level to build specific systems and you need those in order for your specialists to be effective at what they do.

Does anyone know how I can get the World Cup and European Championship fixtures and results to show up in my news when I am not managing an international team?

I remember it used to show these on old FM's/Champ's, not so in the last few years versions by default unless you managing international team.

Think it is something in subscriptions? I tried ticking some of the boxes there in FM13 but could never never get them to come up and I gave up.

Sorry if it is mentioned elsewhere or a silly question. Thanks.

Does anyone know how I can get the World Cup and European Championship fixtures and results to show up in my news when I am not managing an international team?

I remember it used to show these on old FM's/Champ's, not so in the last few years versions by default unless you managing international team.

Think it is something in subscriptions? I tried ticking some of the boxes there in FM13 but could never never get them to come up and I gave up.

Sorry if it is mentioned elsewhere or a silly question. Thanks.

Been wondering this myself actually, I've ticked everything World Cup wise but still don't get the results

Edit: Ah damn didn't refresh, thanks for that :thup:

Got to say it again...i know that there's a italian team that provide to say what's the story in italy but...really, every season is the same. Roma is Awful.

21nh3wy.jpg

NOTE: I'VE NEVER USED ROMA, it's "the world" and at the end of the season often get relegated. Incredible, the same in 2013.

Please do something, is so unrealistic considering world class players like Totti and De Rossi.

NOTE2: i support Fiorentina, so it's only for the realism ;)

Archived