Football Manager 14 Feedback Thread - 14.1.4

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I haven't changed the skin as i wouldn't really see a difference,right now my morale has gone up to superb,very good and good etc because of the international break.

If it drops rapidly again for no reason then i'll give your idea a go and see if there may be a graphic problem with the skin as you said.

At least you have it back up!

Its just a suggestion to eliminate any possibilities, like RT im clutching at straws to think of why it might have happened, a graphical bug is all i can think of really, game mechanics wise, nothing should cause that.

It's clear from reading his post that he's NOT managing them.

Wouldn't happen in real life would it? Oh IRL did they not recently lose to Hull, Southampton are higher in the league, Cardiff almost beat Man Utd

The jury is out on Crystal Palace though :)

Look at the Team Instructions - work ball into box

Already using that, I still see my players shooting from outside. It's even more frustrating when they are given the ball in the space, they could run closer to the goal before shooting, while instead they prefer to immediately shoot from the distance.

Really can't understand why every decennal user must be called "moaner" if find the game unjoyable. Is this a feedback thread or what?

Don't get me wrong, after some tactical advice and hours of study i'm enjoying this game again, but yet i can't understand why every user that had critics on this FM14 have to be a loser, frustrate or something.

Before patch 14.1.4 i dropped the game after some several wins that annoyed me like the loss, but when i said this i was called "moaner" (not talking only about this thread, also in some italian forum) and i think it's not right.

If i think that the game needs work and someone says it's perfect, i don't have the right to call him "visionary", i think that i have to respect his point of view. On the other hand, also a (in some ways understandable) disappointed user deserve the same respect. It's like someone who don't like the way this game was built have to be fear to post it, even here.

I repeat, now i'm slightly enjoying the game, but this don't have changed some facts: the feeling of "beating the ME" instead other teams, the feeling to "play formation that ME like", for me and other users is strong. Surely there are users that don't play in my way, and find it acceptable or more. So, also if i disapprove "it's for the money and not for the passion" (i believe that SI is a leader, in making games with passion) and mainly the entire post of the serbian friend, it doesn't change the point. And the point is that many users (sure, a minority compared to all the users, but a minority don't deserve respect?) don't "feel" the game like in the past years. Personally i love FM and i've NEVER needs the urge to come in this forum, this must mean something.

And to say that every user who don't like this year edition it's because lose his games (and so his opinion is not valuable) without considering other aspects it's rude and unfair. Not everybody knows english so well to explain his thoughts, so i think that we need to read "the essence" of some types of posts without stopping to form. This is only my opinion, but in these days i read too many answers like "you lose, you're a moaner, if you were winning you like it" ecc.

Sorry to disturb you but i had the need to say it.

At least you have it back up!

Its just a suggestion to eliminate any possibilities, like RT im clutching at straws to think of why it might have happened, a graphical bug is all i can think of really, game mechanics wise, nothing should cause that.

Thanks for the help and i'll see how i get on from here :)

Really can't understand why every decennal user must be called "moaner" if find the game unjoyable. Is this a feedback thread or what?

Don't get me wrong, after some tactical advice and hours of study i'm enjoying this game again, but yet i can't understand why every user that had critics on this FM14 have to be a loser, frustrate or something.

Before patch 14.1.4 i dropped the game after some several wins that annoyed me like the loss, but when i said this i was called "moaner" (not talking only about this thread, also in some italian forum) and i think it's not right.

If i think that the game needs work and someone says it's perfect, i don't have the right to call him "visionary", i think that i have to respect his point of view. On the other hand, also a (in some ways understandable) disappointed user deserve the same respect. It's like someone who don't like the way this game was built have to be fear to post it, even here.

I repeat, now i'm slightly enjoying the game, but this don't have changed some facts: the feeling of "beating the ME" instead other teams, the feeling to "play formation that ME like", for me and other users is strong. Surely there are users that don't play in my way, and find it acceptable or more. So, also if i disapprove "it's for the money and not for the passion" (i believe that SI is a leader, in making games with passion) and mainly the entire post of the serbian friend, it doesn't change the point. And the point is that many users (sure, a minority compared to all the users, but a minority don't deserve respect?) don't "feel" the game like in the past years. Personally i love FM and i've NEVER needs the urge to come in this forum, this must mean something.

And to say that every user who don't like this year edition it's because lose his games (and so his opinion is not valuable) without considering other aspects it's rude and unfair. Not everybody knows english so well to explain his thoughts, so i think that we need to read "the essence" of some types of posts without stopping to form. This is only my opinion, but in these days i read too many answers like "you lose, you're a moaner, if you were winning you like it" ecc.

Sorry to disturb you but i had the need to say it.

But, as is always answered when this topic comes up, there is a big difference between someone not enjoying themselves constructively and moaning. There are some who will just call them moaners no matter what, but a lot of the time it's justified. If you've found somethign you don't like about the game and come back with constructive details on what's wrong and why you think it's wrong, then you're clearly not moaning. When you don't make that effort, then it's easy to see why they're perceived to be moaning.

So i play against Arsenal as Man city. I create 5 CCC, Aguero is four times one on one against their keeper, every time he literally pases the ball straight to keeper´s chest. I lose 3 - 0. They score from first second and fifth shot. I score zero. I replay the game, same tactics, same team talk - i skip it and I am completely dominated by the same line up that I overplayed right from the first whistle. I dont have a single shot on target and I have 35% possession. How can there be such a dramatic change? Why is finishing of one on ones so poor? Pathetic match engine it is.

red cars are absolutely ridiculous, i just got my MC sent off after being on a 1-0 lead at 10mins first half... got a red cars on previous game too and i advertised the player.

my player made a shocking 2foot behind tackle in the opposite midfield, what's the sense in that?

When Arsenal play say Man Utd IRL do you see the same match everytime or does the game turn out different? There are many factors to play out so I would not always expect the same or similar result

CCC changes and one v ones - I agree that work is required here. Load up PKM's quoting examples into the bugs forum to help ensure the issue can be investigated and resolved

red cars are absolutely ridiculous, i just got my MC sent off after being on a 1-0 lead at 10mins first half... got a red cars on previous game too and i advertised the player.

my player made a shocking 2foot behind tackle in the opposite midfield, what's the sense in that?

so IRL do players not make shocking tackles where manager's / crowd say "whats the point in that"?

These things happen in real life so why not expect them to be simulated in the game?

mate, they don't happen in a top club this often for sure, but nevermind that, it's more worrying that 80% of my conceded goals come from lobs and my keep keeper is standard.

Are you saying that top clubs don't get their players sent off?

You cant read? He said they didnt happen THIS OFTEN FOR SURE.

He got a player sent off in two consecutive games. This isn't really a problem, is it? If it was a lot more red car(d)s, sure. 2 games doesn't say anything at all.

mate, they don't happen in a top club this often for sure, but nevermind that, it's more worrying that 80% of my conceded goals come from lobs and my keep keeper is standard.

There has been about 11 sending-offs so far in the premiership this season

Developers already acknowledged in bugs forum there were too many red cards.

A thread in which 15 rounds of games were played in 6 divisions. Not two games from 1 team, which is what was brought up in here. That can still be realistic. You need a bigger sample size, which is what the guy in the bugs forum did.

so what stats do you have that backs this up

Its not really constructive to just make a statement that one of you players has been sent off then claim the world is against you. I personally dont see why its not unrealistic to have a player sent-off when you are 1 up, nor is it unlikely that the opposition score a lob and the game ends 1-1.

If you can confirm more detailed information say number of red cards across 1 or more seasons and compare to real life; confirm how many in game lobs are scored acrosss 1 or more seasons and then compare to real life....THEN you are being constructive.

If you don't can you see why people may think you are just being upset because your tema had a bad incident...these happen in matches irl.

This thread is for feedback but you probably need to back up comments else they may appear as isolated incidents

A thread in which 15 rounds of games were played in 6 divisions. Not two games from 1 team, which is what was brought up in here. That can still be realistic. You need a bigger sample size, which is what the guy in the bugs forum did.

do you think i would post here my reaction based on 2 games? seeing 3 red cars in a matchday (5 games) isn't uncommon on this game. I already had 4 red cars and i am cruising at first place with 12 games.

do you think i would post here my reaction based on 2 games? seeing 3 red cars in a matchday (5 games) isn't uncommon on this game. I already had 4 red cars and i am cruising at first place with 12 games.
We commented based on what you posted. Not our fault that you don't provide any detail. As you are aware by now, no doubt, SI is looking at the amount of red cards so hopefully we'll see this fixed in the next update.

so IRL do players not make shocking tackles where manager's / crowd say "whats the point in that"?

These things happen in real life so why not expect them to be simulated in the game?

Like lobs and other stuff, the fact is not that can't happen.

Is that happens really too often.

But you didn't quote that in your post

I have recently completed a season and I think I had 3 players in total sent-off. I occasionaly used the "get stuck in" team instruction, who knows what you used / if you had "hassle opponents" etc. This is why posts may need more information

I use hassle opponents quite often when away from home to stop the home side being able to play a comfortable passing game, especially if they are on a good run at home

I agree but my point is that you need to back this up with facts / stats e.g. a) scored x goals from y as lobs; b) the opposition scored x goals from y as lobs c) irl the preimership teams scored x lobs from a total of y goals

The poster you are refereing to made a single post complaining about one game in which he had a player sent off and drew the game because the opposition scored a lob

How would you expect SI to consider making ME changes based on that isolated incident. With some thought and supportive stats etc then there is a better chance of making a stronger point

If indeed the there is a recognised issue then support the evidence adding PKM's to bugs. This is the best way to get issues resolved.

The problem here is that people moan about things happening in 1 or 2 games. It is possible in 1 or 2 games. Seeing an unrealistic amount of lobbed goals over half a season or a season is different. That is worth a report in the bugs forum. Some people, like ajw10, have reported this so hopefully it is already being looked at.

There are some tactical set ups which are clearly causing excessive cards (see my latest bug report here), but you need to watch it over a prolonged period of time.

For example I've uploaded a save game after 35 rounds of fixtures, which clearly shows a previously disciplined tactical set-up is now getting an absurd amount of bookings and red cards. That's a bit different to 2-3 match days.

The problem here is that people moan about things happening in 1 or 2 games. It is possible in 1 or 2 games. Seeing an unrealistic amount of lobbed goals over half a season or a season is different. That is worth a report in the bugs forum. Some people, like ajw10, have reported this so hopefully it is already being looked at.

The other problem is people like you play forum police and jump on them, causing pages of needless back and forth.

Just ignore them, surely?

It very well may be my tactics, but are people noticing wingers acting like idiots since the patch? Before, they'd get to the byline or find some open space (easy to do, since the fullbacks weren't closing down) and cross, and then whatever happened would happen. Now, they do pretty much the same thing, but the fullbacks close them down and they just bounce the ball off the defenders, missing their chance to whip the cross in in favor of a corner. It could be that my winger's not very good, but based on his star rating for the league he's definitely above average, and was doing well pre-patch.

I also had three own goals in two games last night; they were all in my favor, so it didn't bother me, but I did find it a bit odd.

The other problem is people like you play forum police and jump on them, causing pages of needless back and forth.

The point is to tell them to get a bigger sample size so that if it is a problem, they can upload it in the bugs forum.

Its hardly playing forum police, its experienced FM gamers / forum posters explaining to others how best to get the right result.

At its simplest, moaning never achieves anything. In my expereince the best way of getting change is to report the game / raise issues with some facts / stats to back-up your point.

We are all keen to get the best expereince from FM and have FM simulate real life football as closely as possible - that would make everyone happy.

The best way of getting change is to support your statement with evidence. If you start a post in the bugs forum you may also find other FMers will add evidence / pkm's etc and get even better weight behind your issue

Its hardly playing forum police, its experienced FM gamers / forum posters explaining to others how best to get the right result.

I didn't mean that specific example, I was talking about the general theme of these feedback threads. People who complain just want an audience to do so.

Just tell them to post a PKM and if they keep whinging, ignore them, surely?

It may be that these people are highlighting / confirming good points but are just not presenting them in the best way.

If by helping them present a point in a better way then we are helping them to help themselvs. As a result hopefully there is more support to known issues and perhaps better supporting info for new issues.

It is easy to get disappointed when on a bad run. You don't notice anomolies when you are winning but think you do when you are losing / on a losing steak. real Life manager's do the same blaming everyone but themselves.

I've learnt when on a bad run to go back to basics, if you can't win then make sure you don't lose and build up your side again in this way as opposed to trying more and more riskier tactics

So far seeing a lot of corners from both side and as said penalties only from corners.

Wingers and wing backs also seem to run down the wing, then just run into the defender, lose the ball and stand there watching.

Midfielders every now and then simply punting the ball into no man's land when there is umpteen options available.

Still a high amount of balls hitting the crossbar.

When ball punted over the last defender, instead of chasing the said ball, decides to look at attacker and after a seconds thought, then chase after him.

I haven't read through the previous comments so I apologise if this has been covered, but two things I have noticed are that player rating's seem very low as do valuations of players?

It seems that a 'good' performance these days is a 6.5 whereas on old FM's you were looking for over a 7 for a good performance. Also I had a player get an assist and a goal and still only got a 6.2? Has anyone else noticed this?

Another one being values of players, there seems to be some very odd valuations going on. Kris Commons valued at 56k? Ricardo Queresma worth 26k and Craig Westcar (OK Not the best player in the world but still decent at their level) worth 30k? Seem strange.

Ok, think i'm finally putting this game back in it's preverbial box, I just can't like it. Its so one dimensional it's untrue. Goals come from either set plays or through ball. I've not scored a long shot, header or cross in moons (and neither has the op) seemingly world class players are poor and when I do have a little run of form bang it's gone inan instant. There is much more that bothers me but i'm going back to the flawed but much more enjoyable FM13.

Ok, think i'm finally putting this game back in it's preverbial box, I just can't like it. Its so one dimensional it's untrue. Goals come from either set plays or through ball. I've not scored a long shot, header or cross in moons (and neither has the op) seemingly world class players are poor and when I do have a little run of form bang it's gone inan instant. There is much more that bothers me but i'm going back to the flawed but much more enjoyable FM13.

I tried going back to 13 but I couldn't get on with the sliders. So instead I'm putting up with ludicrous lobbed goals and awful wing play. This game needs an update. Fast.

I tried going back to 13 but I couldn't get on with the sliders. So instead I'm putting up with ludicrous lobbed goals and awful wing play. This game needs an update. Fast.

Agreed, you can see a good game hiding in there but right now it's really poor. I'm sure it's our tactic though. Agreed wing play is non existent, ratings are all over the place, head goal and long shot goals are as rare as rocking horse poo. Far to many easy chances are missed and missed babdly. Just no enjoyment there for me.

It seems that a 'good' performance these days is a 6.5 whereas on old FM's you were looking for over a 7 for a good performance. Also I had a player get an assist and a goal and still only got a 6.2? Has anyone else noticed this?

I completely disagree with the assertion that on previous versions on FM a good performance was over 7.

Archived