Jim Bristow/Serpico has died

bell

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope that SI put something in the next FM in memory of him. something like a mention in the acknowledgments in the manual or on the FM splash screen or something. Never thought i'd see a thread like this on a forum, often heard about but never expected one to be so close to home so to speak

Well put Shaun.

Cant really add anything apart from my own personal condolences to his family.

A few MSN and PM chats here and there were more than ample proof for me, that this was 1 top man.

RIP young fella.... hope your at peace wherever you are

Any time i see any posts about driving/driving lessons etc i always looked forward to his input. :(

heh, me and him never did agree on whether cars should merge in turn when it goes down to one lane or whether they should get in lane as soon as possible. I guess i'll never win that argument now.

It's still not totally sunk in yet, shock is slowly giving way though :(. A fund or some kind of memorial from us would be a fantastic gesture imo.

A donation to a favourite charity of his from us on behalf of him instead of some flowers may be an alternative idea?

I would do it if I knew how but i'm rubbish with stuff like this...

No idea if anyone thinks it's a good idea or not but would someone be able to get up a fund, which we can donate, not a huge amount, but a few pounds each and get a reef and flowers sent to his funeral, maybe give the money to bduck to do the honours for us or get it sent there when we know when it's happening?

This is a lovely idea, however please please dont try to send me any money, Im going to have enough to deal with sorting out Jim's estate.

I will speak to Jims parents and find out their arrangements.

If they have a specific florist/funeral directors I will inform everyone and if you wish to either group together or individually show your sympathies please feel free to.

Also anyone wishing to send condolances or a personel message directly please email me on the following address. I cant promise everything will be read out or indeed anything, however I shall do my best. Jim deserved it.

serpico@bdcuk.karoo.co.uk

• Administrators

Just logged on and saw this, just in absolute shock. Just always came across a really great guy, well respected by everyone on the boards - just...lost for really.

Condolences to his family of course. Just stunned by this.

Right I will get a fund set up in the next few hours.

I expect we will be flooded with donations and so we can then decide what to do. Will obviously get a reef and flowers sent off then like gillsminnow said, maybe a donation to a charity reccomended in honour of him or something.

And no problem bduck, i will get it sorted.

It's still not totally sunk in yet, shock is slowly giving way though :(. A fund or some kind of memorial from us would be a fantastic gesture imo.

A donation to a favourite charity of his from us on behalf of him instead of some flowers may be an alternative idea?

Think this is a much better idea, if someone set up a just giving page in his honour, would be a lot easier than clubbing money together for flowers.

It's always easy to lavish praise on people when something like this happens and usually people do, but there's not one post in here that is one bit insincere or 'faux grief' if you will, which I think says all you need to know about the guy. He's probably as integral to this place as anyone could be, the best mod by some distance, and I don't think there's anyone who disliked or didn't respect him as a person, which really is something for a mod. Though I think the greatest tribute to him as a mod is that people didn't treat him like one.

I think we'll definitely miss his presence, even those of us that didn't have a personal connection with him recognised the massive contribution he made to this place. It'll be pretty weird without him around.

Can't really believe I am reading this, in total shock.

When I first joined these forums, if someone would have told me that I would be deeply saddened by the passing of one of the users, I never would have believed them.

It's hard to put in words what to say at this time, though I send my deepest condolences to his family and friends.

Rest in peace Jim/Serps.

Everyone else has said everything really but for me, although I never had any personal dealings with Serpico, he always came across as a top guy who was committed to everything he did and would help anyone who he could do. In complete and utter shock by this tbh...

RIP Serps.

I knew of but can't say that I had interaction with Jim personally, but reading this thread it's clear the community has lost a real asset as a person and as a moderator, and I'm sorry for all who knew him well.

In the midst of horrible news like this it at least seems obvious he'll leave a strong footprint - and very positive memories - behind.

Please do not bother Steve with money or gifts.

I think a donation to charity would be more sensible and a good way to honour the man. This is fairly standard practice and some families even request it. We could set up a justgiving page. I will look at this tomorrow in the cold light of day.

Wow. Just wow. Such sad sad news. Im absolutely shocked. Always a mod I loved hearing off. This place just will not be the same without him.

Just goes to show it literally can happen to anyone at any time. So tragic...

Condolences to the family/friends etc. Youll be sorely missed Serps.

Again this says it all: