Jim Bristow/Serpico has died

bell

Picture this:

FM11.

You check out Hull City's favoured personnel page. Nothing there...

...surely wouldn't be too hard to hide him in there as an easter egg for the savvy users amongst us to unlock? His profile could contain a rundown of his life and SI career, and the high level of respect he had.

Or maybe create him as an ever present regen?

absolutely agree, i'd expect something to be placed into the game to celebrate his life.

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got in from work and was going to have a laugh with some of the posts, doubt I am going to now.

Never knew him really, but he was always knowledgable and helpful in everything that he did on the forums. Even though I don't know him, I'm sat here mouth wide open and have been for the past 4 pages.

As said, 44 is no age. RIP Serps.

Yh, hes the only mod i had on MSN, was always willing to chat about any issues you might have, was genuinely a nice guy, the place wont be the same without him, its very strange how the death of someone youve never even met can effect you so badly, like a lot of people, ive been here a long time, and ever since i started posting here, Serps was always there, being funny ( whether by intention or by accident ! ), always had an opinion worth listening to and it goes to show how well liked and respected he was by the amount of sentiment in this thread

****!

Didnt get into many conversations with him, but was always my favourite mod, so many of his posts made me actually laugh out loud.

Always remember when I got put on post mod for winding some GQers up and he was the one who got me off it.

RIP Serps, you will be greatly missed :thdn:

For all that this is just an internet message board, and Serpico is someone I never interacted with personally, I am hugely saddened at his passing as he always came across as an absolutely brilliant bloke.

Easily the best mod the boards had, he was fair, generous and harsh as was appropriate, and was one of the few people whose post I would make a point of reading if I saw his name was the last one on a thread.

RIP Jim.

It's a really nice sight seeing all these messages for Serps. My condolences go out to everyone here who knew him better than I did and of course his family and friends.

The man. The myth. The legend.

One last smiley for you Serps :)

Still really struggling to accept this has happened. Found out through work and just kind of sat there for the rest of the day, completely blank.

He was the one to finally get me spelling ridiculous correctly.

Not really posted on here for a while but still lurk every now and then, I'll always remember Serpico as being a regular user with an opinion I respected and liked to read his views on a topic. This thread not only shows how great a poster he was but how good this community is. RIP

Still really struggling to accept this has happened. Found out through work and just kind of sat there for the rest of the day, completely blank.

He was the one to finally get me spelling ridiculous correctly.

I obviously didn't know him anywhere near to how you knew him but I'm still speechless over this. Just hard to accept that he wont be around and posting on these boards anymore. Such a true gentleman and an honest and fair guy.

Whatever is decided regarding donations I'll certainly put something in.

We were speaking practically daily (over MSN) for a long time, mainly through our shared love of Hermione and discussions over him being rubbish at FM and FML and me being rubbish at poker - its a really empty feeling knowing I won't see him log-in again.

This is horrible enough and I can't imagine how it feels for all those who know him better than me.

I've never been a massive poster here but i've been here a long time. Just wanted to say what a great bloke i thought he was, one of the few mods that i cant really remember getting sh*t off people because everyone loved him, he knew how to tow the line of being one of the gang but also an authoritive figure and had it down to a tee.

Sad day for OTF, RIP Serpico :(

Whoah that has taken me completely off guard. I used to speak to him on MSN and constantly berate him at poker because he had more poker software windows running than tables. Very helpful chap and did a good job of looking out for my infractions on OTF even though I spent a period trying to get banned. 44? :(

:( RIP

Of all the years I've spent prowling around these forums (I'm not much of a poster as you can see) Serpico came across as genuinely one of the nicest guys not only on these forums, but throughout a lot of internet forums I've used.

RIP man, not a Hull fan but now hope they stay up for Serpico :thup:

I don't really have the words to describe what I feel, and I didn't even know him that well. Thanks to those of of you who have put his contribution into words far better than I could ever hope to, thanks to Steve for informing everyone, and thanks most importantly to Jim for his tireless work over the last ten years. May he find peace and enjoyment now.

****ing hell, I'm absolutely floored. I've never known him especially well, but he was always one of the most honest, pleasant and hard-working people you could ever meet online, and the anchor around which much of OTF is moored.

My condolences to his family and friends. :(

Archived