Football Manager 2024 Official Feedback Thread

On 14/01/2024 at 13:47, andu1 said:

Also, tight matches always go to AI's favor. Their Goalkeepers are always performing. It's genuinely starting to drive me crazy. Cant remember any undeserved win i had... And always in the champions league.....

image.png.2d33b990e342db8ecb5bad01d156fef7.pngimage.png.5b89ca0e38b2c607c668f61aecafc3d0.png

image.png.5697a5ef51efd5896562a9f80a717498.pngimage.png.1fc04c09ee41033db7ce4041205b5e8e.png

Another game , another example...

image.png.405ca79f52e1a997b349a692246ec79d.png

I won this one, but it is infuriating how lethal the AI are from such few chances created:

image.png.03f33cc053e2bc1fcf705e7178a9f871.png

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, janrzm said:

Reminded me of the goal in the Algeria v Angola game earlier today..... :lol: Commentator - "It's magnificent, but it won't count"

Ohh in off the bar...Makes the goal ten times better:applause:

3 hours ago, stevemc said:

I won this one, but it is infuriating how lethal the AI are from such few chances created:

image.png.03f33cc053e2bc1fcf705e7178a9f871.png

AI xG per chance: 0.16

Your xG per chance:  0.097

The AI arent lethal at all based on this.

Its a common misconception from players to ignore average, particularly as your xG could be inflated by say a penalty or another high quality chance. After all a team could have 100 shots from the halfway line for an xG of say 5, but under no circumstances would we expect anything but 0 goals as the average xG per chance is very low.

This is where its useful that the player checks the xG graph to see if all our chances are low quality, and whether the higher quality chances result in goals.

Would be useful though if we could have an average xG per chance calculation added as feel this would stop people misreading xG, particularly in terms of it being skewed towards the AI managers.

34 minutes ago, dunk105 said:

Its a common misconception from players to ignore average, particularly as your xG could be inflated by say a penalty or another high quality chance. After all a team could have 100 shots from the halfway line for an xG of say 5, but under no circumstances would we expect anything but 0 goals as the average xG per chance is very low.

This is where its useful that the player checks the xG graph to see if all our chances are low quality, and whether the higher quality chances result in goals.

Would be useful though if we could have an average xG per chance calculation added as feel this would stop people misreading xG, particularly in terms of it being skewed towards the AI managers.

They are lethal. Scoring your only shot, at xG of 0.16 is extremely lethal.

you've also counted his shots on average rather than what they actually are. Bare in mind, he can have multiple shots registering bare minimum xG whilst also having clear cut scoring chances.

the AI also conceded an own goal. Before concluding that, it would be wise to see the chances.

many people don’t misread xG. Some may. Many don’t. Many understand many shots can rack up high xG. It doesn’t mean they still aren’t missing guilt edge chances whilst other team can score a long shot and it being the only shot they had.

i don’t even follow FMs xG model to be fair (only when having a moan), not the greatest fan of it. I just simply watch my chances and you can judge from there if it was a good opportunity to score, or not.

too many times, just my personal experience and not saying this goes for everyone. But too many times the opponent don’t have a sight at goal, but a 30 yarder which manages to creep in. Whilst the opponent keeper is able to make many fingertip saves (as commentary reads).

don’t read this as a complaint from me. It’s just my personal experience playing FM over the years.

Edited by RDF Tactics

I think the issue is more the ME failing to represent a game between this AI and your team than the result itself. The visual representation of the code result (so here, a win for you) is flawed or bugged. No idea what led to this , but obviously when you have to endure watching this game , it's really horrible. Somehow this team and yours are incompatible and the stats become absurd. Their keeper making 11 saves, yours not touching the ball, the Xgs etc are just bugged. I would think this is something that can be patched rather than a choice from the devs to give us randomized/chaotic games once in a while.  Since redoing the game would lead to a more normal result, there is a conflict somewhere in how the game is arriving to that result (1-2). I feel more often than not than the overtime goals are fixing the game to align with the reasonable result (the best team will win after all, even if it struggles during 90minutes) - maybe that was the patch to the confused ME.

It's not an AI vs human thing, it's an attacking team vs. defending/countering team. Check some results between AI-controlled teams and you'll see similar patterns, maybe less pronounced because the AI doesn't use super attacking tactics with maxed out lines and pressing like players do.

My Goalkeepers is atrocious in the champions league. Always underperforming and he never makes a good game.

And because of the opposition GKs always having amazing games against me i've ended 3rd worst underperforming at goals scored.

image.thumb.png.71c801cd2008ed5501d32dda114cc4d0.png

image.thumb.png.b01aef01a099ff63015b3b6bd13aaba6.png

And my goalkeeper and striker are not even that bad...

image.png.9fe616a34dbb3da3ea732d1a4985bb89.png

image.png.47c6cb00d21fdc434c8d3f57505fe3a4.png

Also , i find the game harder this year as the years go by. I noticed the AI newgen managers have more tendencies and their stats are better distributed, which is a nice addition not mentioned anywhere.:thup:

Honestly feel sorry for those who are forced to play on the latest M.E but then again I do not for  those who complained about too many high scoring games and acting like the m.e was unplayable. i'm still on 24.1.1 and having a blast the player movement fluidity and rhythm of the match is in sync with real football and actually feels like a new game. So many new things happen from game to game which leave me in awe. The latest M.E feels mechanical, robotic, lifeless and predictable like fm23 was. I played 2 seasons before reverting back so I know all it's flaws. That's what happens when you keep complaining about irrelevant things such as too high scores, things ended up getting nerfed and the entire M.E becomes sterilised

1 hour ago, Minotti said:

The amount of goals I score on corners are ridicilous!!! Its extremely easy. Never been like this in previous fms, or is it just me?

It’s difficult to say for sure. Are you using a downloaded set piece routine?

and is this case for all your saves? (As it could just be a season where you’re strong at set pieces)

I may go through phases. So like 10 games in a row being strong at set pieces. But then going 10 games without troubling the AI from a set piece

1 hora atrás, Minotti disse:

The amount of goals I score on corners are ridicilous!!! Its extremely easy. Never been like this in previous fms, or is it just me?

My team is the leader in this regard. This is really annoying

image.png.176109535c4bc32f5d315dddadeab6b5.png

Il y a 9 heures, SHK-555 a dit :

Honestly feel sorry for those who are forced to play on the latest M.E but then again I do not for  those who complained about too many high scoring games and acting like the m.e was unplayable. i'm still on 24.1.1 and having a blast the player movement fluidity and rhythm of the match is in sync with real football and actually feels like a new game. So many new things happen from game to game which leave me in awe. The latest M.E feels mechanical, robotic, lifeless and predictable like fm23 was. I played 2 seasons before reverting back so I know all it's flaws. That's what happens when you keep complaining about irrelevant things such as too high scores, things ended up getting nerfed and the entire M.E becomes sterilised

How are you still on 24.1.1? I'm dreaming of a downgrade, any tips in how to do it?

16 hours ago, endtime said:

It's not an AI vs human thing, it's an attacking team vs. defending/countering team. Check some results between AI-controlled teams and you'll see similar patterns, maybe less pronounced because the AI doesn't use super attacking tactics with maxed out lines and pressing like players do.

It really isn't. It has been this way for years and this is a misconception. I have recently gone back to FM22 which is much better than 24 as I had a great long-term save. I have won everything with Ibiza. I can show my tactic if you like but it is neither downloaded nor gung-ho. Now, the AI score with very low xg. andf hardly need any shots to score. I could accept being counter-attacked and opened up as a player mis-placed a pass or through a defensive clearance, but this is not hte case. It is quite simply even if I have a box full of defenders there is no resistence to the opposition, it's as though you have to hope the opposition mess it up rather than my team being able to actually defend despite not being overloaded. 

The narratives of 'It'S yOuR tAcTiCs' or 'ThE dEfEnSiVe TeAm Is CoUnTeRiNg' are disingenuous and lazy.

12 hours ago, SHK-555 said:

No need to feel sorry but thanks. I've had the opposite experience to you 👍

I'm really struggling with selling my guys. I need to make room for my wonderkids but it has proven very difficult to sell players that were among the best in the league (Serie A) last year. I end up with a lot of loans everywhere. Saudi Arabia clubs don't buy anyone past the 3rd season... I would expect Premier League clubs to fight for my players but nope, not interested.

4 hours ago, Maximum11 said:

Saudi Arabia clubs don't buy anyone past the 3rd season...

Checked randomly a few Saudi teams in my save, and they do buy players.

xTULhgn.png

Rb6j9Qp.png

vor 57 Minuten schrieb TioPatinhax:

is this a bug others here have noticed as well?

It's not a bug (There is a bug with the big four clubs not having/buying enough saudi players in the future but I suppose you're referring to foreign players)

It's down to league rules. They won't buy foreign players as soon as they reach their foreign-limit. So it depends on their current squad if they are "able" to buy players or not. 

On 16/01/2024 at 12:22, dunk105 said:

It's a common theme in my opinion, that's one example. You can see it with your own eyes in games (I do anyway), I've been playing management simulations since the early 90's, I'd count myself as an experienced gamer - and the AI appear lethal to me. Common that I see players having poor games; mine stink the place out and don't offer me much when on a poor rating, however the AI player having a 6.10 rating bags a consolation goal from nowhere when I'm already 3-0 and dominating - it's that type of combination which is frustrating, like fate, it's happening regardless of what I do - I'm winning so shouldn't really care, but I'm still bothered that my players don't appear as lethal when they're having poor games. Just an observation, I'm still enjoying the game.

Can someone explain to me what happened here?

2024-01-1718_29_33-Greenshot.thumb.png.7dfbaa1021adebbdf94ae4a4ce642382.png

They accepted my offer, which cancelled the offer?

I haven't negotiated on a salary with the player before.

All that has happened is that I offered the team something like 24K, they wanted 28K I think, I responded with 26.5K. Which they accepted. Which immediately cancelled the deal because of a "last offer that fell through"?

On 15/01/2024 at 05:03, andu1 said:

Im on the verge of deleting my save. I understand 1 or 2 games it might happen , but 4 in a row it's next to impossible IRL. I ve scored 4 goals from a total xg of 9.08...

In Arsenal's last three matches IRL, they've conceded six goals from 2.5 xGA and scored 1 from 6.47 xG.  It's super frustrating but does happen.

37 minutes ago, Sunstrikuuu said:

In Arsenal's last three matches IRL, they've conceded six goals from 2.5 xGA and scored 1 from 6.47 xG.  It's super frustrating but does happen.

It does happen, but it isn't the norm. In FM it would seem that many players see this happening. I still play the game, but it's so obvious what is going to happen sometimes given the way the game works. In addition, it's not the total xGA which is important, it's the average ga needed to score a goal. Other than penalties, most I concede are very low xga, most I score need to be high xga. 

2 horas atrás, whatsupdoc disse:

Anyone had this:

image.png.9550d9b8cf4b8540a78a8b36d0576c23.png

Guy is barely interested and the agent wants extra promises. Still rejects this :D

Mbappe 2.0 ? hahahaha. Would you post a screenshot of this players attribute ? I'm curious since I play Fulham as well, but depending on the player level, which I assume is high, these days things like that are becoming more frequent. Agents deciding things for players + spoiled players. 

Here's an example of a normal (albeit blunt) interaction:

'I'm not happy with my current contract and would like to discuss a new one'.

Here's what we get as a normal interaction instead from a player with unremarkable hidden attributes:

image.png.b2bfe913c53fd99787dea8ee39471a10.png

image.png.ac72a56b22bff280005ba342f46853f8.png

The game can clearly tell I've just joined the club and the interaction makes a point of it, so what's with the unnecessary aggression? Why are almost all interactions like this? This isn't a bug, it's a design choice.

2 hours ago, Rodrigogc said:

Mbappe 2.0 ? hahahaha. Would you post a screenshot of this players attribute ? I'm curious since I play Fulham as well, but depending on the player level, which I assume is high, these days things like that are becoming more frequent. Agents deciding things for players + spoiled players. 

Guler. Not that high rep, but we suck. 

6 hours ago, tezcatlipoca665 said:

Here's what we get as a normal interaction instead from a player with unremarkable hidden attributes:

The game can clearly tell I've just joined the club and the interaction makes a point of it, so what's with the unnecessary aggression? Why are almost all interactions like this? This isn't a bug, it's a design choice.

They sound like children.  Not like 'teenagers are children' but like five or six year olds.  And you're right, it's not just player interactions.  Your board will deny you something tiny -- an extra scout, say -- then tell you they'll listen if you 'put forward a compelling case', then whatever you say they'll tell you not to waste their time in the future.  Waste your time?  I've won the first European trophy in the history of the club!  I've gotten you promoted five times!  I built your stadium!  What the fork do you mean, don't waste my time?  You shouldn't be wasting my time!

I am pretty sure that all the pointless sarcasm and cynicism (and the overall terrible human communication and interaction in the game) all come from one person in SI who thinks that is how people communicate.

12 hours ago, tezcatlipoca665 said:

Clearly small man syndrome at that height.  He's raging.

7 hours ago, Sunstrikuuu said:

They sound like children.  Not like 'teenagers are children' but like five or six year olds.  And you're right, it's not just player interactions.  Your board will deny you something tiny -- an extra scout, say -- then tell you they'll listen if you 'put forward a compelling case', then whatever you say they'll tell you not to waste their time in the future.  Waste your time?  I've won the first European trophy in the history of the club!  I've gotten you promoted five times!  I built your stadium!  What the fork do you mean, don't waste my time?  You shouldn't be wasting my time!

Would add the very weird message you get pre match sometimes that player X is 'offended' because the fullback they are up against is a physical player.

Offended? What?

35 minutes ago, Maximum11 said:

Saudi do buy players , just not mine anymore! In the first 3 seasons I would sell them a guy for 50m easily. Not even one offer in 4th or 5th season

If it makes you feel any better I'm confident that's how it's going to play out IRL after a few years. :lol:

Edited by janrzm

16 minutes ago, janrzm said:

If it makes you feel any better I'm confident that's how it's going to play out IRL after a few years. :lol:

Or not few years, I would say.

They have to meet specific squad recruitments for their CL, which gonna end up to leave all the billions outside from matches (not able to register them).

1 hour ago, D-Foxx said:

I decided to give it a shot and see what the fuss is about, so I put my back-up goalkeeper (Roefs) in as my starting striker.

It's true. It works. Guy scored a screamer and had a beautiful assist too. Don't spend your cash on a back-up striker boys, just put your goalie up front.

What an absolute joke this series has become.

image.png.f29ea0b689901fd9b61a3d0a3c651ac3.png

image.png.78e07de3eee8406e829c46fb22f49ee8.png

Were the goals low crosses? 

4 hours ago, D-Foxx said:

I decided to give it a shot and see what the fuss is about, so I put my back-up goalkeeper (Roefs) in as my starting striker.

It's true. It works. Guy scored a screamer and had a beautiful assist too. Don't spend your cash on a back-up striker boys, just put your goalie up front.

What an absolute joke this series has become.

image.png.f29ea0b689901fd9b61a3d0a3c651ac3.png

image.png.78e07de3eee8406e829c46fb22f49ee8.png

But one game doesn't prove anything . Allison scored a screamer for Liverpool once too . Maybe do a whole year and see

14 hours ago, KingCanary said:

Would add the very weird message you get pre match sometimes that player X is 'offended' because the fullback they are up against is a physical player.

Offended? What?

I commended this guy on his development. He got mad, lost morale and replied with "I think it's best we both forget this ever happened."

2024-01-1904_26_04-Window.thumb.png.0e6f517884f65397520c74d94595a9af.png

What happened!? Me saying good job? How dramatic can one be?

I am actually liking this version of FM probably most since FM 2013 which was a brilliant and well-balanced version and probably had the best match engine that Football Manager has ever had. 

The Mustermann skin that hides attributes has forced me to change my gameplay and actually made me use comprehensive highlights again. Even though most of the events displayed still don't have much to do with real-life football, there are actually brilliant games of football when both teams come to play and are evenly matched. The best ones are definitely those where both teams struggle to reach ten shots in total and most of the highlights consist of something else than real scoring chances. This forces you to be aware of things all the time and it also makes the events way less predictable. 

What I especially like is the fact that there are way less of those games where only one team appears to the game and sums up 30-40 shots and total domination against nothing but headless clearances. This is how it should be always: even the bottom team if the league being able to actually play against you and even pulling an upset. 

hi guys..first post..maybe it is a small thing but makes me wonder do people who work on the game even play the game or is it just nerdy programmers now..

when asking for affiliated club and they grant the request there is one part of the conversation missing..they don`t ask you do you want to participate in decision what club is it gonna be, it goes straight to your answer without them asking..i was waiting updates to see it fixed but apparently they don`t play the game..LAZY..

Edited by fun_cut

2 minutes ago, fun_cut said:

hi guys..first post..maybe it is a small thing but makes me wonder do people who work on the game even play the game or is it just nerdy programmers now..

when asking for affiliated club and they grant the request there is one part of the conversation missing..they don`t ask you do you want to participate in decision what club is it gonna be, it goes straight to your answer without them asking..i was waiting updates to see it fixed but apparently they don`t play the game..LAZY..

I've found that the board select for you unless your standing with them is high.

6 minutes ago, tropicsafc said:

I've found that the board select for you unless your standing with them is high.

it`s not about that..part of the conversation is missing..you are answering on something that wasn`t even asked..just try it on 23 then on 24..you`ll get it then..

14 minutes ago, fun_cut said:

This being your first post, I'll allow slack, but these types of comments are not ok. Read up on the rules before posting further, or your stay here will be short.

Why are my players always so keen to force through moves to Tottenham?

In my current save I'm in 2027. Spurs have won the sum total of nothing since my save began. My Norwich team has won the Premier League, Europa League and FA Cup in the last two years along with making the Champions League final this past season. Spurs don't have Champions League football but I do. They don't pay crazy wages. Yet whenever a top player of mine is linked with them or they make a bid they are apparently desperate to make the move. They'll turn down other teams- one player rejected Athletico Madrid and Bayern- but the second it is Spurs it seems to be a done deal. 

Edited by KingCanary