Football Manager 2024 Official Feedback Thread

5 minutes ago, Bahoi said:

I have uploaded more than 15 pkms files spanning for a period of half a season with hockey game scores. It's not one games, as you ironically try to imply. It's a trend and it is completely immersion breaking. All of us who want to play more than plug and play Gegenpress find it so. Stop "fmsplaining" to us how we should feel about the game.

Ok so high scoring games, gk injuries, and ai squad rotation specially its effects long term. 3 known issues. 

crazy, based on this thread id think there was 100 bugs and the game is completely unplayable. 

clearly my point went over your head. Have a good day, and enjoy the coming updates, as im sure we all will! 👍🏽 

edit: oh and “player interactions”. 

Edited by Dadecane

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Dadecane said:

Nah, not at all. Theres some issues, if u read my first post if anything im wondering why I havnt seen them, not that they dont exist. Early on in my save I did have like a pile up of gk injuries. But then idk, its gone, havnt seen it again in 2 seasons. What im saying is its hard to figure out whats a real bug and what isnt when people are posting stuff based on what they saw “10 mins into my save!”  Thats crazy. 

I would say it is even more troublesome if some people experience something A LOT and others not at all. To me that would mean that the code is a true spaghetti bolognese.

For example, I had no squad depth interaction issues for the first 2 seasons, and then in season 3 when I'm winning pretty much everything I suddenly get a revolting squad complaining about GK depth even though I have 3-4 capable goalkeepers, including possibly the biggest talent in the world. Please make that make sense.

9 minutes ago, diLLa88 said:

I would say it is even more troublesome if some people experience something A LOT and others not at all. To me that would mean that the code is a true spaghetti bolognese.

For example, I had no squad depth interaction issues for the first 2 seasons, and then in season 3 when I'm winning pretty much everything I suddenly get a revolting squad complaining about GK depth even though I have 3-4 capable goalkeepers, including possibly the biggest talent in the world. Please make that make sense.

The squad depth problems really do make no sense.

I've had it crop up 3 out of my 4 saves and the one time it didn't was the one time I genuinely was panicking over my squad depth in not one, not two but three positions!

But that one time my squad were apparently fine we only had two fullbacks and 3 defensive mids to fill 4 positions!

Right now though when I had 8 defensive mids and signed a 9th to fill two slots we lack depth!

It just lacks logic and is totally immersion breaking.

Edited by kiwityke1983

Anyone else experienced this: the team talk effects before match and after half time, just disappear. In Fm22 it had an effect at the first 15 min, but now, never mind what I say them and what effect it made, when they go out their moral immediately became purple from red and green.

5 minutes ago, ForTheLoveOfTheGame said:

Anyone able to confirm whether Endrick and Vitor Roque have ridiculously low release clauses once they complete their moves to Real Madrid and Barcelona in game? 

Huge bug if so. 

Oh, this would actually explain the absolutely ridiculous transfer of Endrick moving to City for €31m after one season at Real where he actually was a regular starter in my save.

Can't say anything about Roque, Barcelona threw him under the bus, yet he still stuck around for 7 years before going back to Brazil and becoming an icon at Palmeiras. :D

22 minutes ago, diLLa88 said:

To be honest a lot of things are hard to judge as to how much of it is buggy and how much is bad management. Some of these revolts definitely seem out of place, but when another poster openly admits that he lied to his player because he considered it easier to just promise him something that he would never fulfil and then complains when said player is angry at him for breaking the promise because the club performed so well a player clearly shouldn't be angry about a broken promise, is that buggy interactions or is that just poor man management? SI have acknowledged the revolts regarding squad depth, so obviously something went wrong there, but a lot of other stuff seems to be a lot harder to pinpoint. The player scoring a lot isn't really anything new and none of the leagues I got running in full detail are reproducing some of the pretty absurd goal lines/xG overperformance people are posting here, so it becomes much harder to define the actual issue.

Theres no point in denining that the goal per game is slighlty higher than IRL. Yes, its fine in some leagues and way over the top in others. 

In the current ME its way too easy to reach high scorelines like 6-3, 8-1, 8-2 etc

Since they already mentioned ME updates in the coming future, i am not too concerned about it.

Edited by andu1

• SI Staff
57 minutes ago, thejay said:

Yes they changed the balance from the beta .

But probably the reason for that is that in the beta they ai couldn't really attack properly.

He still can't but they apparently changed how effective you can attack as a real manager. 

Lots of the improved movement is gone, most goals come from crosses or a ridiculous amount of corners , lots of through ball opportunities are not played which was different in the beta.

I think the biggest issue are how ai formations are played by AI managers and that the ai can't properly attack , so to balance that they nerfed what you can do as a real player .

The result is a boring random corner cross fest game. Me is now reminiscent of FM 20

The current live ME is the exact same ME as from the early access.

Got that "sweet" player unhappiness thing myself now also.

Accidentally did harsh team talk in end of the match because of misslick in preseason friendly. One influential guy was mad, i said yea sorry as i knew it would be going more crazier if i start fighting, so the promise was added to him to do better and reduce unhappiness in the squad( How the hell can u do it in reality?)

So season started, all going well for our semi-pro club. 5 wins in a row. 2 months has past the "accident". Squad moral is good or higher and yet the guy is telling me i am not keeping up my promise enough to reduce unhappiness. What more can I do to even reduce unhappiness with the minimal interaction we have in the game. Firstly how is he still annoyed and why is there such a promise that in reality can only influenced by winning?

Edited by saihtam

image.png.96b8423edac924386e22bc8324dd3dc2.png

Injuries since I started my save above - I'm into the 2nd week of August.

As I said previously, I had a look through some fellow Championship squads and most of them have the same issue.

Groin, groin, groin, groin........

And another:

image.png.dc90322a780aac64421e68652b7d9688.png

Edited by Mst82

To anyone who is having issues appeasing their squad around a 'lack of squad depth' - here is something to try as it has helped for me...

I noticed some murmurings in my squad (I check dynamics / happiness quite frequently so noticed it before the squad came to me first luckily) around lack of depth at GK.

I only had 2 first team GKs but if I promoted my U19 GK (only 1.5 stars) to the first team squad and set him to 'available for U19s for 90 mins' (so he still gets the game time in U19s) - it seemed to sort the problem.

I then had the same murmurings about depth at CB even with 4 very good CBs in first team squad but I promoted a reserve CB (again only 1.5 stars) and this seemed to work again.

Both these players have decent potential (3/3.5 stars), not sure if it would work for lower potential prospects.

Just in case this helps anyone!

1 hour ago, cosminandrei said:

considering the amount of steamdb changes from the last 12 hours and considering that today is Monday, which is “early next week”, could we actually expect the first update to be released today?

well that was quicker than I expected. would be nice to have some patch notes though

Are there any patch notes?

Edit: Found them...

Why don´t SI just give us a date of the next patch instead of saying ´near future target date¨... who even says that? I would love to say that to my boss when im off sick and hes asking when im back...

Edited by greenz81

Hi @Jimmy Wong,

Your update on Friday stated that the ME was going to have changes to goalkeepers, and in particular their injury frequency. (And lastly, the Match Engine is receiving tweaks to Goalkeepers, and particularly their injury frequency. )

The changelist just published states the only ME changes is the injury frequency.

Please can you confirm if any other changes have taken place for GK in the ME, and if not, why with the above in mind?

Thanks,

Edited by Domoboy23

I’d be interested to know from the patch notes a bit more info on which bug fixes might require a new save. I assume things like immediately removing all the duplicate contract clauses and previous increases to Determination, but it would be good to have a bit more clarity.

51 minutes ago, jayedson said:

To anyone who is having issues appeasing their squad around a 'lack of squad depth' - here is something to try as it has helped for me...

I noticed some murmurings in my squad (I check dynamics / happiness quite frequently so noticed it before the squad came to me first luckily) around lack of depth at GK.

I only had 2 first team GKs but if I promoted my U19 GK (only 1.5 stars) to the first team squad and set him to 'available for U19s for 90 mins' (so he still gets the game time in U19s) - it seemed to sort the problem.

I then had the same murmurings about depth at CB even with 4 very good CBs in first team squad but I promoted a reserve CB (again only 1.5 stars) and this seemed to work again.

Both these players have decent potential (3/3.5 stars), not sure if it would work for lower potential prospects.

Just in case this helps anyone!

On a similar note- I didn't realise it was so easy and often hassle-free to simply downgrade a player's agreed playing time. You get a warning about those who are likely to kick up a fuss. The rest just take it. 100% success rate so far- has made the job a little easier.

4 minutos atrás, itszamora disse:

I’d be interested to know from the patch notes a bit more info on which bug fixes might require a new save. I assume things like immediately removing all the duplicate contract clauses and previous increases to Determination, but it would be good to have a bit more clarity.

Minor Update 24.1.1 changelist:

Licensing / Database*

• Kit updates 
  • Updated database to reflect real world key events  
  • Updated some players in the Turkish data  

Match Engine

• Reduced frequency of injuries to goalkeepers  

Bug fixing**

• Stability fixes for crash issues that were reported via our Backtrace servers
  • Fixed an issue which causes save games that have added/removed leagues not loading.
  • Fixed an issue with “Lack of squad depth” unhappiness  
  • Fixed an issue with Determination attribute changing rapidly for new singings after being welcomed to club by a teammate
  • Fixed an issue where some transfer and contract clauses were being duplicated
  • Fixed an issue which causes AI teams to make an excessive amount of loan offers  
  • Fixed a bug causing imported FM23 saves staff & managers to default to a “Wing Play” strategy  
  • Fixed currency representation in Korean  
  • Fixed an issue with Korean U21 players not having games scheduled

25 minutes ago, greenz81 said:

Why don´t SI just give us a date of the next patch instead of saying ´near future target date¨... who even says that? I would love to say that to my boss when im off sick and hes asking when im back...

Because if they give a date and miss it - which would be far more likely to happen than people realise - then people like you would be the first to drag them over it.  Not to mention that giving accurate dates for these kinds of things is borderline impossible. It makes absolutely perfect logical sense to say what they said.

Edited by forameuss

4 minutes ago, lightworker said:

Licensing / Database*

• Kit updates 

Match Engine

Bug fixing**

• Fixed an issue which causes save games that have added/removed leagues not loading.
  • Fixed an issue with Determination attribute changing rapidly for new singings after being welcomed to club by a teammate
  • Fixed an issue which causes AI teams to make an excessive amount of loan offers  
  • Fixed a bug causing imported FM23 saves staff & managers to default to a “Wing Play” strategy  

Thanks. The ** next to bug fixes says at the bottom that some of these may require a new save. I’d be keen for some more clarity from SI over which ones, and ideally which “will” require rather than “may.”

1 minute ago, forameuss said:

Because if they give a date and miss it - which would be far more likely to happen than people realise - then people like you would be the first to drag them over it.  Not to mention that giving accurate dates for these kinds of things is borderline impossible. It makes absolutely perfect logical sense to say what they said.

Thats is why if a target date is going to be missed, communication gets involved says "sorry guys, a unforseen situation has arisen and we have to delay". Its like when a delivery is late. You get updated by your supplier. But lets not get into it.... AGAIN!

7 minutes ago, lightworker said:

Licensing / Database*

• Kit updates 

Match Engine

Bug fixing**

** Some bug fixes may require starting a new save game for them to be applied

“some” is what I believe he is specifically referring to. 

3 minutes ago, itszamora said:

Thanks. The ** next to bug fixes says at the bottom that some of these may require a new save. I’d be keen for some more clarity from SI over which ones, and ideally which “will” require rather than “may.”

Thats in regard to the data updates. Turkish and French players being updated

30 minutes ago, greenz81 said:

Because giving a set date is not a good thing for them. If they found a game breaking bug a day before the scheduled patch date, they will get backlash no matter. So they instead take the time they need until they feel they have a better game with fewer issues before releasing it.

Also, I don't know where you work or what you do, but when I call in sick, I've never been asked or told when I'm back unless I know. I'm back when I'm well enough to work, and if it takes a while you'll get a sick note from my doctor with an estimated date unless my illness would likely require further time away. That's how it works where I'm from at least.

4 minutes ago, greenz81 said:

Thats in regard to the data updates. Turkish and French players being updated

It specifically says some of the bug fixes (as opposed to licensing/data updates) “may” require a new save.

37 minutes ago, greenz81 said:

I would at least like to know is the bigger patch planned to come in December or earlier..

Bigger patch meaning full version patch what we usually got after beta..

Edited by Pasonen

4 minutes ago, zachalxnder said:

Yes, would like clarification on this as well. 

With that being the case, I may now wait until the next update comes out as “some” of those fixes may not be save game compatible either 😬

12 minutes ago, greenz81 said:

Thats is why if a target date is going to be missed, communication gets involved says "sorry guys, a unforseen situation has arisen and we have to delay". Its like when a delivery is late. You get updated by your supplier. But lets not get into it.... AGAIN!

It is not at all like that, and it makes you look a hell of a lot more unprofessional than if you just release fixes when they're properly ready.  

26 minutes ago, lightworker said:

Licensing / Database*

• Kit updates 

Match Engine

Bug fixing**

So I'm guessing the high scoring games bug, subs bug and team talk bug fixes comes in the next update under match engine fixes

Edited by wazza