FM24 Early Access Official Feedback Thread

Im about 30 hours into FM24. Loving the game so far, much faster processing, im playing in a custom database of 85,000 players. Top 5 leagues 2nd div and up playable, then argentina and brazil, plus japan, plus eredivise, plus turkey, and a few other leagues playable only. All international competition players club and nation loaded. 

i have no complains so far, have not experienced any of the named priblems or bugs except maybe the gk injury issue, but O dont see it as a real issue; my starting gk is 35 yrs old, he just had a 2 month long injury, and just upon coming back (it was a broken wrist injury), he tore ligaments on the wrist again, but only missed 2-3 days with that. Seemed realistic to me, but it did stand out because I almost never see gk injuries, and now had that happened. No complains in my scenario tho; seems totally realistic. 

a few things that stand out that I love, I love being updated via inbox about the coaching changes in my division, I love that the board and fanbase present me with expectations for upcoming games, I love the set piece addition, I love how the squad planner keeps developing and getting better. 

overall, im still a “new” member to the fm family, started 4 yrs ago in FM 2020 for the first time, and some of the complaints I read here is insanely picky. Maybe some of u all have been doing this for too long and have lost that illusion that a newbie (like me) has but guys, this is the greatest sports simulation series of all time, easy. Idk how I went so long in my life as a fifa fanboy, when this is what ive needed all along. Appreciate the game and the work behind it. Sure there will be problems, but how can there not be when u make a game so detailed, so immersive, so deep, just so perfect. 

Thank you, SI. Im a satisfied customer once again. 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

image.thumb.png.1d5933b64203cb41ddca7d774bdad7c5.png

Just had this flagged for offside as we ran clear, didn't even get to shoot as it was blew up. I feel in real life that the play would be allowed to continue then checked by VAR. Do we get PMGOL apologies in FM24??

Loving the new edition, but a couple things (Playing as Real Madrid for context):

• Players are getting injury plagued, with the beginning injuries to Courtois and Militao, I also had 3 of my defenders and another GK injured long-term for 2+ months. Seems like I'm going through each matchday with having one injury.
  • Despite being injury-ridden, I am squashing teams, and this is a Real Madrid side that isn't as tough as previous iterations.
    • Won 2-0 Away at Bayern Munich, even though Bayern owned the entire game flow
    • Won 5-1 Away at Atletico Madrid, and Atl is in dead last in La Liga after 6 games

It seems that these matches are a lot easier, even with injuries that I feel like there should be some balancing to be done, unless if there's feedback for this.

Thanks!

Explaining the League table

Wherever a league table is displayed, have text beneath, visible or viewable by click, explaining the competition. In these examples, the text is visible.

scottishleague.png.7c2f0eb4b99bc230e5ac4de097451362.png38gameseason.png.791261ed9fe8456e0636f047d2b59760.png

The EPL is very obvious, but if you have ever watched a content creator on YouTube do mental gymnastics trying to work out the fixture rules this would help. The information is available in the game but not readily at hand with the league table.

Please support. Happy gaming :)

23 minutes ago, Mark.Alexander said:

More useful scouting inbox items.

From

Inboxscoutingindicator.png.7fe059480b4f22bec63279abe1d21aba.png

To

Inboxscoutingindicatorchange.png.a85e14d2f7032ca675062146c6dafee8.png

This is a more informative inbox header to see at a glance which of the inbox items you want to look at.

Please support. Happy gaming. :)

NB: I am playing on an FM23 imported save.

You make some very good suggestions, could you please add them in the link below, as that is the place for feature requests where SI will log it easier than in here where it can get lost in all the other posts.

https://community.sigames.com/forums/forum/353-football-manager-feature-requests-pcmac/

51 minutes ago, Marko1989 said:

Nope, the folder should not be in the graphics folder, it should be on its own ( in root My Documents > FM 2024 folder to say so, alongside skins and other folders )

Did you change the format to DDS? Because the image in my post is in PNG

I will upload the DDS file, try that, clear the cache and all that. But maybe it is impossible in this year's version

match_background.dds 945.13 kB · 0 downloads

Also tried, even reset the cache.

Aggregate scores are replaced by the dreaded ...

This is from the Touchline tablet.

I have an ultrawide screen. The boxes are made as big as possible. The base formatting is wrong. Easy to fix.

This was the same in FM23.

image.png.a8068cae59b6f7d4848e75699196d240.png

The ... is after the badge because it is the 2nd leg, and there should be (1) or (2), etc, but instead, there is ... because the (1) doesn't fit the frame.

The formatting should be like this.

image.png.cb49b6b73406623737b4fa9c1b395157.png

Use of the ... text substitute

The addition of the three-dot text replacement has not been implemented well. The three dots often replace text that would take less space than the dots. The frames or columns (which I assume is how this is done) need tweaking. 

I can't find the clip I took of this, but there was an example of Englis... rather than English.

image.png.b1a105bdbff64208e295c4fd2b349240.png

There is plenty of space to the right of the object.  No need to have (2...

Please support aggregate scores being visible and a commitment to not put ... in the coding at every opportunity but to format frames and columns to limit their need.

Happy gaming :)

NB: Playing on an imported FM23 save.

Edited by Mark.Alexander

On 19/10/2023 at 16:39, dannyfc said:

Has it been confirmed anywhere which new features aren't compatible with FM 23 saves? Anyone have any idea what they could be? 

I've noticed that if you move your tactics from FM23 to the new game only some of them will work and dont even show up in your tactics lists.

On 19/10/2023 at 16:49, Zachary Whyte said:

The reason you would have Havertz at Arsenal is because in real life he joined on the 28th June 2023. And you start 'Your World' mode on July 3rd 2023. 

With this date in mind why isnt David De Gea still at Manchester United when he left on the 8th. 

6 minutes ago, trekman said:

With this date in mind why isnt David De Gea still at Manchester United when he left on the 8th. 

david de gea contract offically ended 30th june  they were just in talks about a new contract which they failed to agree 

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Tried to change the graphic settings while in a match and this happened...

KilmarnockvStJohnstone_Pitch.thumb.png.698733d40d2b936bfad0daebed281c26.png

Can't see anything and no matter what I do the match is invisible now.

Pitch has returned after half time.

I think it's a known error, if you go out of a match and returns it works again.

Is there a way the GK injuries can be treated as it would be for anyone else in the squad. The high number of keeper injuries seems to be a problem within the squad so is there no way to manage it like you would if an outfield player got injured?

The high scoring games has been mentioned quite a bit. Freak results do happen but we don't see many throughout the season and we are seeing a high number of goals in any given game week. 

Very skeptical about giving my thoughts out too early. But first impressions so far, and I have to say im enjoying the game a lot.

My biggest focus has always been on the Match Engine, as for me, this is where immersion is won and lost for me. Last year, although it had many supporters, it wasn't for me and had recorded the lowest hours in over 10 years. This year, as long as nothing is ruined in the upcoming patches, I can see myself having a good time.

Whilst I haven't gone into anything specific, ill just point a few things:

• Optimisation seems very good, no hiccups, feels sharp.
  • Training, has been simplified, enjoying the new match preparation segment
  • Overall Match Engine, new animations adds A LOT to the experience which looks and feels much more believable
  • Tactics, so far, I can see translating the best i've seen it so far against any other iteration (HUGE).
  • Transfers, so far, feels fair.
  • Interactions also seem much more believable and understandable.

I've noted more first impressions than I planned too. But I thought it's only right I say how I feel when things feel good. As opposed to just complaining when things don't.

I hope I feel the same way after this honeymoon period is over lol...

Don't know it this should be in the bugs section but here it goes:

- Dostonbek Khamdamov is a left footed right winger https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RYM57xNV04&ab_channel=UmidTillayev not a right footed left winger.

- Abdulla Abdullayev is a Defensive midfielder that also plays as center midfielder or center back (ala Hamrobekov) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcT0RC0sZx4&ab_channel=SaidSaid not an attacking midfielder.

- Oybek Borozov is a right footed left winger https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_v-vN4bxZc&ab_channel=FutbolLoyiha.

-Azizbek Amonov is a left footed attacking midfielder https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLdoqu3ZcRo&ab_channel=Uzbektalents.

-Abrorbek Ismoilov also can play as an attacking or defensive midfielder https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWQWyJwsDi4&ab_channel=UmidTillayev.

- Stefan Mugosa is missing from Incheon United FC.

- Juan Mata and Balint Vecsei are missing from Vissel Kobe.

Please fix this. Thanks.

1 minute ago, X0X0 said:

Don't know it this should be in the bugs section but here it goes:

- Dostonbek Khamdamov is a left footed right winger https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RYM57xNV04&ab_channel=UmidTillayev not a right footed left winger.

- Abdulla Abdullayev is a Defensive midfielder that also plays as center midfielder or center back (ala Hamrobekov) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcT0RC0sZx4&ab_channel=SaidSaid not an attacking midfielder.

- Oybek Borozov is a right footed left winger https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_v-vN4bxZc&ab_channel=FutbolLoyiha.

-Azizbek Amonov is a left footed attacking midfielder https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLdoqu3ZcRo&ab_channel=Uzbektalents.

-Abrorbek Ismoilov also can play as an attacking or defensive midfielder https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWQWyJwsDi4&ab_channel=UmidTillayev.

- Stefan Mugosa is missing from Incheon United FC.

- Juan Mata and Balint Vecsei are missing from Vissel Kobe.

Please fix this. Thanks.

You are right, please report it here in the correct countries:

https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/football-manager-2024-early-access-bugs-tracker/database-and-research/

My squad are now unhappy with my management of the team, because we're lacking depth in the goalkeeper position. There's no option to tell them that I have no money or wage budget - or that our current keeper (who is also complaining) is arguably the best keeper in the league and that IMO there is sufficient back-up. Even if I did have the funds, I still wouldn't be able to sign anyone as the first transfer window is disabled.

All I can do is make a promise I probably won't be able to keep, try to appease them - or tell them that I'm in charge and they need to show me some respect. 

Having to deal with an awful lot of complaints about my management at such an early stage in the season. 

43 minutes ago, skiante said:

Status of concedeed goals in my brazilian league beta save, the 3rd best defense has conceeded 1,27 per game :lol:

If SI didn't low down the amount of goals, we're gonna have a really big problem this year.

Capturadetela2023-10-22174251.png.a114b9459be68ba3b91ac15a6fd6cff2.png

Dunno ... Just this round we had an Internacional - Santos 7-1 and several rounds ago i remember a 6-4

Has this issue been solved? 

Its 2 years by now and even though I haven't played in some time, I was curious to check out again. 

Im getting older and dont care about all the fancy match engine stuff. Ive complained lots back then and it seems were getting a new one in FM25. Sounds like my feedback among the many others got through. But has the core gameplay been improved in 2 years?

Is AI doing better squad building?

Are managers attacking better, doing subs etc when behind and not just sitting there waiting for their loss?

Are players finally not mad about every single small thing wanting to blow up issues like its nothing?

I would be disappointed if none of these issues were addressed in 2 years...

5 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

By the way, in regards to the new lighting, the below image was the marketing shot for this. Has ANYONE seen this type of lighting in game? Because every daytime game I have is the same. No, or very faint shadows, and absolutely no shadows of the stands on the pitch, with everything being a little hazy. 

image.png.c7120fa254393e943f8ebda3ef900aba.png

Oh god, was it false ad? Can somebody post a picture where lightning looks kinda similar?

30 minutos atrás, andu1 disse:

Dunno ... Just this round we had an Internacional - Santos 7-1 and several rounds ago i remember a 6-4

Neither of the games you quoted change the stats that i brought there

Besides, these matches you said and Palmeiras 5-0 Goiás was the only games i can remember this year with a very high amount of goals.

In FM it seems to have at least one per fixture 

Anyone else seeing multiple clubs go into administration?

Not sure if it's a bug because I don't know enough about Belgian football, maybe these clubs are actually in financial trouble, but it seems very suspicous because I've almost never seen clubs go into administration on FM before.

Oostende went into admin after 1 season with £38m of debt. Google does suggest they're in some trouble - but administration so quickly, and such a large amount of debt?

Eupen seems very suspicious - they actually made a profit this season in game and their costs were only a couple of million in total, but they're in administration with over £55m of debt after only 1 season. Google suggests they're owned by Qataris after having some debt issues around a decade ago - so it doesn't really add up for them to be in such big trouble.

Any Belgian football experts know anything about these clubs finances?

1 hour ago, Lempicka said:

My squad are now unhappy with my management of the team, because we're lacking depth in the goalkeeper position. There's no option to tell them that I have no money or wage budget - or that our current keeper (who is also complaining) is arguably the best keeper in the league and that IMO there is sufficient back-up. Even if I did have the funds, I still wouldn't be able to sign anyone as the first transfer window is disabled.

All I can do is make a promise I probably won't be able to keep, try to appease them - or tell them that I'm in charge and they need to show me some respect. 

Having to deal with an awful lot of complaints about my management at such an early stage in the season. 

I started a bug thread. I've had this issue twice and I'm in January of the first season. 

Interactions are even more broken than last year I've found, they are the one disappointment this year.

I don't think it's chance creation, amount of shots or anything like that that's leading towards some of the higher scorelines. I think it's all spot on and in scope. The ME is amazing. I think players are just far too good at finishing :lol:

image.png.f39b3a1e139b7be995cd9f134a3db99a.png

Edited by Domoboy23

2 hours ago, Double0Seven said:

Has this issue been solved? 

Its 2 years by now and even though I haven't played in some time, I was curious to check out again. 

Im getting older and dont care about all the fancy match engine stuff. Ive complained lots back then and it seems were getting a new one in FM25. Sounds like my feedback among the many others got through. But has the core gameplay been improved in 2 years?

Is AI doing better squad building?

Are managers attacking better, doing subs etc when behind and not just sitting there waiting for their loss?

Are players finally not mad about every single small thing wanting to blow up issues like its nothing?

I would be disappointed if none of these issues were addressed in 2 years...

I done a holiday save on FM23 after the winter update for upto 5 years and players did develop. Think the issue is AI and international management. 

43 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

The top one is your assman's assessment. He's not always 100% correct. The second one is the player - as far as YOU are assessing him!

In both the players opinion is referenced. He is indicating that he wants to come off, and he feels that he can shake off the knock. I understand both can be true, but in that case, the tactics screen should indicate that even though he thinks he can play on, he wants to come off, in my opinion.

Unless the game is leaving the interpretation of what the player is saying up to the ass. man to decide, which is absurb. The player, ass. man, and myself all speak the same langauge, it should be clear if he wants to come off or not.

3 minutes ago, Thalo said:

In both the players opinion is referenced. He is indicating that he wants to come off, and he feels that he can shake off the knock. I understand both can be true, but in that case, the tactics screen should indicate that even though he thinks he can play on, he wants to come off, in my opinion.

Unless the game is leaving the interpretation of what the player is saying up to the ass. man to decide, which is absurb. The player, ass. man, and myself all speak the same langauge, it should be clear if he wants to come off or not.

It makes sense to me when I consider the real-life scenario. The match is going on, the player gestures from afar. The assman reads the gesture one way, you read it another. Whose judgement do you trust in this situation? Of course, you can wait for a break in play and ask the player to come over - by that time he might have run it off, or sustained an injury that will keep him out for 3 months!

14 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

It makes sense to me when I consider the real-life scenario. The match is going on, the player gestures from afar. The assman reads the gesture one way, you read it another. Whose judgement do you trust in this situation? Of course, you can wait for a break in play and ask the player to come over - by that time he might have run it off, or sustained an injury that will keep him out for 3 months!

That makes sense, but in this case the physio was on the field with the player. There is no interpretation there, unless the staff never went through the different hand signals for subbing off.

9 minutes ago, Thalo said:

That makes sense, but in this case the physio was on the field with the player. There is no interpretation there, unless the staff never went through the different hand signals for subbing off.

Oh, if the physio attended to him, that destroys my distant gestures theory!

14 hours ago, YUCON said:

I'm not sure how I feel about the set piece routines. I like that you can just train the routines but in game scenarios seems to have taken away any immediate involvement. Like when you sub players you want players of different height playing in different places. Now I feel I have no control (in game) at all. I was all for changing how set pieces work but I wasn't set on losing control. Am I missing something or am I on target here. I'm not saying I don't applaud the effort I'm saying it seems more out of my control and that I really don't have much if anything to do about it (once the game begins) accept before the game setting things up which Im not sure I find is an improvement or not. In a way I'd rather have my control back on the field during the game to be able to place the players where I want and certain player on top of that. I know winded, sorry.

This is probably even more realistic. In-game normal managers would have very limited impact on execution of individual set-pieces. Its all agreed in advance and the players then find out for themselves on the pitch how to execute them.

I like the new target setting feature in general but some parts of it have me confused. These are the results of achieving and failing to achieve a target. In the target process I didn't remember committing to anything but anyway...  what is the promise "please to have been promised that his future at the club is secure" actually mean?? What do I need to do here? Is it simply not sell the player? Is it give him a new contract? Is it increase his player time? I want to guarantee his future but what does that mean for this promise? As to the the failed targets, I'm not sure what that means really, they promise not to complain, how do they fail that promise and what does it mean if they fail, will I be angry with them?

Let me know if someone has worked any of this out. Cheers!

8311370950d5fc5bfe994ff3d6761ace.jpg

8 hours ago, Grez said:

Anyone else seeing multiple clubs go into administration?

Not sure if it's a bug because I don't know enough about Belgian football, maybe these clubs are actually in financial trouble, but it seems very suspicous because I've almost never seen clubs go into administration on FM before.

Oostende went into admin after 1 season with £38m of debt. Google does suggest they're in some trouble - but administration so quickly, and such a large amount of debt?

Eupen seems very suspicious - they actually made a profit this season in game and their costs were only a couple of million in total, but they're in administration with over £55m of debt after only 1 season. Google suggests they're owned by Qataris after having some debt issues around a decade ago - so it doesn't really add up for them to be in such big trouble.

Any Belgian football experts know anything about these clubs finances?

Could be related to this?

is it a bug that you can't choose a team of your choice later (picked this option at the begining of my setup) from all added leagues? i can only choose from England (all added leagues) but no other countries.... very strange... i can't click on any other country .... see attached picture:

image.thumb.png.4856d44f4a3bcd8bdccb8c07c21564e8.png

26 minutes ago, balldoktor81 said:

is it a bug that you can't choose a team of your choice later (picked this option at the begining of my setup) from all added leagues? i can only choose from England (all added leagues) but no other countries.... very strange... i can't click on any other country .... see attached picture:

image.thumb.png.4856d44f4a3bcd8bdccb8c07c21564e8.png

It was answered in this thread that you can't in the real world game option as this is by design.

On 21/10/2023 at 15:44, gunner86 said:

It seems like it’s deliberate. What people have been doing is creating a placeholder manager, making them start the game unemployed, retiring them, then creating a new manager at the relevant team.

That's a shame. SI seems like an unnecessary restriction. :(

Support lifting that restriction. Allowing the ability to select a started date for a nation you are not playing in. 

18 hours ago, Jack Joyce said:

Your categories should always have everybody who's currently in your first team squad - Definitely worth logging a bug for this and letting us know how that player was added to your first team squad (if you remember how).

The player in question, Esposito, was on loan in the first season (irl loan, I didn't send him out myself) and when he returned I just moved him to senior squad and I've been using him as a backup.

As you can see from screenshots in spoiler, he looks like a traditional target man and should be the priority for aerial threats category. Even if I start him, he's still not there in any menu for setting order of priorities for any role, not just aerial threats.

Screenshot of my team included, I've got 22 outfield players, only 19 of them on those lists. Other two that are missing, Carboni and Fontanarosa also had the same irl loan thing in the first season and then returned. They're the three youngest players with lowest current ability, if it means anything. But them not being on any list just seems like a bug to me. Since they returned from loan, they've just been available for senior squad, I didn't send them to play for u20s or anything.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.7e9afc5a0be4bcbf825e83da169f07d1.png

image.thumb.png.d546637c4aa2fbb41d62247e8a2265c2.png

image.png.f72f0455cd0e26bd700c7bc1def8f7b1.png

image.png.42cb40321685b0b72d98bc300fc1c8a4.png

I think this is just a bug and I've got no clue how to get those three youngsters to appear on set piece categories.