Argentina vs Australia, Round of 16. Live at 7pm GMT from Ahmad bin Ali Stadium

RTHerringbone

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Smallen said:

I know they’ve just scored but Argentina’s tactics are like nothing I’ve seen before.

There’s no midfield. They all just play up against the back line whilst Enzo drops between the centre backs. It’s rubbish :D 

They are going to struggle against the Dutch if they win this. Netherlands will pack the middle and Argentina are crap on the wings.

Edited by craigcwwe

2 minutes ago, Smallen said:

There’s no midfield. They all just play up against the back line whilst Enzo drops between the centre backs. It’s rubbish :D 

Because other two aren't central midfielders.

No matter how hard you try to make one of De Paul, it's not going to happen. Haven't seen enough of MacAllister, but doesn't seem like one, either.

8 minutes ago, Smallen said:

I know they’ve just scored but Argentina’s tactics are like nothing I’ve seen before.

Lots of teams play similar, push 5 up against the defence, spread the defence out and leave a hole in the middle to drop into.

6 minutes ago, craigcwwe said:

They are going to struggle against the Dutch if they win this. Netherlands will pack the middle and Argentina are crap on the wings.

Netherlands will try counter which Argentina are less susceptible to, but they won't be scared watching this for sure. What I would say though is if they give Messi the spaces they gave the US at times today they might not be as able to defend as they were today, but overall their tactical set up should see them more than capable of beating Argentina.

That Poland performance sent Argentina to sleep and it took 30 minutes for them to wake up.

They're horrible to watch when they’re winning too, 2nd half is going to be a grind if Australia can’t up their attacking game.

6 minutes ago, The_jagster said:

Lots of teams play similar, push 5 up against the defence, spread the defence out and leave a hole in the middle to drop into.

I know, 2-3-5/3-2-5 are the most common build shapes for good teams now, but these guys put 7 up there and leave 3 back with nothing in between :D