Argentina vs Australia, Round of 16. Live at 7pm GMT from Ahmad bin Ali Stadium

RTHerringbone

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, ginnybob said:

I'm not sure Argentina get through Netherlands. They've looked pretty crap.

I don't think they'll be as dodgy when Netherlands counter as US were today and outside that I'm not sure where Netherlands score, feels like a 0-0 waiting to happen.

2 minutes ago, Barry Cartman said:

Argentina fans are incredible, seeing something special here 

There's absolutely loads of them here. I don't know how many already lived here but they're easily the best supported nation here amongst non-locals, ahead of Mexico and Brazil.

Edited by Weezer

Mixed bag aren't they. So impressive in how they hustle and don't give their opponents anything, but they're so blunt when they can't get the ball to Messi. I don't see them winning, I can think of quite a few other teams with a better set of players.

I think they'll beat Holland. They've got a team that works well together. Australia had nothing until they fluked a goal. Then Argentina felt a bit of pressure and it became harder.

So long as they get Di María back and don't play a back three, they'll be alright 

If not England, then Messi winning would be nice but I also wouldn't mind Netherlands winning too. Would be their first WC finally, and with what Van Gaal's gone through recently and it being his last job before retirement, it would be a lovely story. Anyone else winning can get in the bin though

1 minute ago, skybluedave said:

Anyone else winning can get in the bin though

Portugal v Argentina final, Portugal already leading 3-1 due to a Bruno hat trick and then Ronaldo scores a 95th minute penalty to seal it. Goes nuts with the celebrations  and wins player of the tournament ;) 

47 minutes ago, Weezer said:

Still don't see Argentina going all the way. They've created a lot of chances against Poland and Australia but missed so many. A better nation punishes them for all those spurned chances.

I mean they can be slacking at the back given there was a lucky goal for Australia (granted it was a Fernandez OG)

58 minutes ago, Weezer said:

Portugal v Argentina final, Portugal already leading 3-1 due to a Bruno hat trick and then Ronaldo scores a 95th minute penalty to seal it. Goes nuts with the celebrations  and wins player of the tournament ;) 

I want to ban you now.......

:(

And you are such a nice guy.

16 minutes ago, ArsenalFan7 said:

It looks like Argentina have been conserving their energy for the past two games against opposition that have let them, expecting them to improve and beat the Netherlands. The world deserves Brazil vs. Argentina.

Given Brazil growing injury issues, who knows if Brazil will even have 11 players left by then…

Edited by PMLF

7 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

I want to ban you now.......

:(

And you are such a nice guy.

Imagine how many you’d have to ban if that happened. Grown men throwing toddler tantrums and epic meltdowns!

The forum would never be the same again, it’d be war! And as somebody that doesn’t hate Ronaldo I’d be loving it…. :D 
image.gif.c429e6f08db339a90b58313e430faba9.gif

My bet is Portugal-Argentina at a world cup, with Messi and Ronaldo, finally happens... 

... in the third place, bronze medal match.

Ok this is just a cheeky idea, there's no way we beat Spain in the quarters :D