Iran v USA - Al Thumama Stadium, Cymru v England - Ahmad bin Ali Stadium, 7PM UK time.

git2thachoppa

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Smallen said:

It might be unpopular opinion but Phillips has a much better understanding of how to play in this team than Declan Rice does imo.

I've always rated rice but I agree. He seems to be a better player in hard games for a west ham etc. I don't see him being a 8+ in many matches for elite teams

1 minute ago, cyclonus1010 said:

Stroll for England, confidence gained, minutes for players off the bench, job done.

As for us, didn't see Qatar play at all but if people say they were worse..........................

You were good second half vs USA which is more than Qatar showed at any point

3 minutes ago, Smallen said:

In a different era Kane and Wilson start up front together in a direct 4-4-2 and we win every game. Would’ve been the ideal striker partnership back in the day.

Wouldn't be against it happening in certain circumstances now. 1-0 down and desperate for a goal, sod it, chuck them on together!

1 minute ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Can't see either knockout matchup giving us a suprise, England and Netherlands advance, surely.

Netherlands looked very unimpressive against Senegal and Ecuador, they're still favourites but USA beating them wouldn't be a big shock to me from what I've seen.

3 minutes ago, Pukey said:

Netherlands looked very unimpressive against Senegal and Ecuador, they're still favourites but USA beating them wouldn't be a big shock to me from what I've seen.

Yeah, they've been unimpressive, but so was USA.

England>Netherlands, Senegal>USA, but the gap in quality should be enough for the Netherlands to win.

We made that hard on ourselves. Not a fan of that second half game management. They looked completely outmatched athletically in the first half. Our midfield three were dominating, they didn't have pace to counter, we were finding lots of space out wide in attack, etc.

Sargent was so much better today than vs Wales. Hopefully, he's able to go Saturday. Haji Wright was shocking. 

More Aaronson please...