Match Zehn - Germany vs Japan 1pm (GMT) ITV1 LIVE from the Khalifa International Stadium

Coulthard's Jaw

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, JD nawrat said:

"You don't see that very often - Rudiger looking really uncomfortable"

Except for every single game he's in a back 4 instead of a 3/5. 

He's always been a mistake waiting to happen.

One of those players I could never trust, no matter he's been playing for Chelsea and Real.

Just now, Smallen said:

Also Germany completely lost control when they took off Gundo. Bizarre decision.

The best/most underrated aspect of Gundogan's game. Easily. People might question what he actually does but his reading of the game and ability to control and set the tempo is exactly why he plays for City. 

Just now, pearcey_90 said:

We failed to beat these twice in nations league, needing a pen each time to get a draw :) 

All because we refused to press them, till we was 2-0  down at home.

Yeah, for almost a decade now they've looked really questionable at the back. Any quality team with enough firepower that presses them should produce a couple of goals from their lack of pace and bad positioning.

1 minute ago, GunmaN1905 said:

He's always been a mistake waiting to happen.

One of those players I could never trust, no matter he's been playing for Chelsea and Real.

Yeah I've never rated him and couldn't believe when Real signed him tbh. 

1 minute ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Yeah, for almost a decade now they've looked really questionable at the back. Any quality team with enough firepower that presses them should produce a couple of goals from their lack of pace and bad positioning.

Precisely. Why I hope Gareth lines up 4-3-3 with the pressing players every game, as there's no side at this tournament (especially with no warm ups) that can cope defensively with pace.

I really miss Jogi tasting his boogers while losing.

Just now, pearcey_90 said:

Precisely. Why I hope Gareth lines up 4-3-3 with the pressing players every game, as there's no side at this tournament (especially with no warm ups) that can cope defensively with pace.

Actually a good point, I'd say that France should be solid defensively and they have pace, but that's it.

Edited by GunmaN1905

Just now, Ackter said:

No Matts, Japan is not raising on Saudi. The Saudi match was a much bigger shock.

Yeah no comparison. Japan have a good history in the World Cup and regularly make it to the knockouts. Saudi Arabia I think have always gone out in the groups.

12 minutes ago, Heartwork said:

So this would be the first time Japan have beaten Germany in the men's game? Pretty sure the women have beaten Germany a couple of times.

It's only the 5th game they've played but yeah not a shock that this is Japan's first win over them.