Match 8: France vs Australia - BBC1 & BBC iPlayer (7pm GMT) LIVE from Al Janoub Stadium

Coulthard's Jaw

France

What France are we going to get? The super power of 98,06 and 18? Or will they press the self destruct button like they did in 2002 and 2010? On paper they have incredible depth (even with a few high profile injuries), they are one of the big dogs.

Australia

Not going to lie, this is a very unimpressive looking Australia squad. Not many big names in there at all. Best player probably Ajdin Hrustic.

TV Coverage

Gary Lineker is presenting, and I'm afraid the commentary is the scream team: Jonathan Pearce and Danny Murphy.

Bad Commentators

Who knows, maybe Pearce will be so bad tonight we'll get something like again

Teams

FiL834RXkAcizcX?format=png&name=smallFiL88GYXkAYWprY?format=png&name=small

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, brett.spurs said:

Italy:
2006 - Winners
2010 - Group Stage

Spain:
2010 - Winners
2014 - Group Stage

Germany:
2014 - Winners
2018 - Group Stage

France:
2018 - Winners
2022 - 😬

You could have gone back one further. France in 1998 were winners and then finished bottom of their group in 2002

2 minutes ago, pearcey_90 said:

I know, but he’s still annoying. Hate him on BT Sport when PSG play. Just more biased then McMannaman and co which is saying something.

I listen to him on the totally football podcast and last Euros was glorious. He wouldn't even entertain anyone but France winning that Euros. His tears after the Swiss game were glorious

2 minutes ago, pearcey_90 said:

I know, but he’s still annoying. Hate him on BT Sport when PSG play. Just more biased then McMannaman and co which is saying something.

He's so biased that it clouds his judgement. He and Horncastle together are dreadful.