*Official* Football Manager 2023 Early Access Beta Feedback Thread

I’m seeing incremental improvements in the ME, but nothing like what we were promised in the ‘levelling-up’ spiel from the Headline Feature Reveal. Many of the same issues that have been discussed on these forums over the last few years have still not been addressed.

I hate to say it, but it just looks and feels like an FM22 update. A slightly better ME with manager-timeline and squad planner bolted on.

I'm still only halfway through my first season and it is only beta - hopefully things will look better once released and I've a good career save on the go,

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Lempicka said:

I’m seeing incremental improvements in the ME, but nothing like what we were promised in the ‘levelling-up’ spiel from the Headline Feature Reveal. Many of the same issues that have been discussed on these forums over the last few years have still not been addressed.

I hate to say it, but it just looks and feels like an FM22 update. A slightly better ME with manager-timeline and squad planner bolted on.

I'm still only halfway through my first season and it is only beta - hopefully things will look better once released and I've a good career save on the go,

Been reading the feedback on this thread and i am glad i am skipping this year.
All this could be done via patching 

Edited by Aim_Less

1 hour ago, Matt_1979 said:

Could be something, could be nothing but…

My MacBook has been fine since downloading the Beta, but just played a game and it got red hot. Has to quit and shut down. 

Which MacBook do you have from which years?

59 minutes ago, Lempicka said:

Yeah think I was conned . Almost a scam . The ME is much better but really not much else is giving me the wow factor.  Hopefully the pre-editor might have some surprises but im not holding my breath

40 minutes ago, Lempicka said:

Squad planner isn't a bolt on, it's a name change with a change in UI for squad depth. There is literally nothing new about FM23. A better match engine should be a given every year.

1 hour ago, trevjim said:

Really? They actually got rid of it completely?

It was so much better than the squad planner is. I don't need to have loads of tabs and plan years in advance for something that will change anyway. just a glance at the squad depth is enough 

Can't say that I disagree 

1 hour ago, trevjim said:

Really? They actually got rid of it completely?

It was so much better than the squad planner is. I don't need to have loads of tabs and plan years in advance for something that will change anyway. just a glance at the squad depth is enough 

If you click on show full squad view it changes to something similar but you have to return to the planner to modify it.

2 hours ago, SmurfDude said:

Anyone know if its possible to play this on steam deck? I've tried but when I try to bring up the keyboard to enter my first name it always switches to the surname text box. Not a huge deal as I have a pc, but would be nice to be able to continue my save from anywhere 

It's flawless with the exception of being able to use the on screen keyboard in search bars.

Whenever you put the cursor in a text box and bring the KB up it just goes wonky.

I started the save on PC and just continued on deck with cloud saves.

There is a BIG PROBLEM in players development, wonderkids and new regens.

The physical and mental parts are developing way too much and the technical part not so much

I`m in 2027 and it`s a disaster, all players are mental monsters but technically they are championship players all of them....and i`m not talking only about my players, the problem is with all the players in the game

Did anyone else noticed this until now???

1 minute ago, Crusho79bv said:

The physical and mental parts are developing way too much and the technical part not so much

I`m in 2027 and it`s a disaster, all players are mental monsters but technically they are championship players all of them....and i`m not talking only about my players, the problem is with all the players in the game

It's very well known :thup:

1 minute ago, Crusho79bv said:

It was mentioned earlier by someone who holidayed into the future. Has been raised and I think is being looked into by SI.

A couple of games into pre-season and I'm testing the same tactic I used in FM22 with my first-team, U21 and U18 side. All of my teams are having 20-30 shots per games from what is not an overly aggressive tactic (positive mentality, 2 attacking roles in the team and shoot less often TI selected).

Is anybody else seeing more shots than they would expect in games? Might just be that I've played a load of terrible teams in pre-season so far that my teams are dominating!

Edited by MaskedReferee

1 minute ago, Johnny Ace said:

It's very well known :thup:

1 minute ago, rp1966 said:

It was mentioned earlier by someone who holidayed into the future. Has been raised and I think is being looked into by SI.

Thank you guys, it`s no point in playing past 2027 for me, all players look like doggy cr@p :seagull::stop:

Takes all the fun out of playing

Just now, Crusho79bv said:

Thank you guys, it`s no point in playing past 2027 for me, all players look like doggy cr@p :seagull::stop:

Takes all the fun out of playing

It is the Beta to be fair, we're supposed to be finding issues :thup:

9 hours ago, dannyfc said:

Lower league football especially should have more individual technical mistakes. Like you said, defenders desperately clearing their lines under pressure should mostly result in giving away possession. Unless, that defender has especially high composure and passing ability.

yes but imagine if mistakes that led to moves breaking down became more common in the ME?

The forum would be flooded with complaints from people!

... this is ridiculous! Every time my team tries to build a move some player makes a bad touch and the move is finished! My team can barely put any moves together! What is the point of tactics anymore if my platyers cant do them! SI Games are clueless!!! etc etc etc

Last 2 days I was testing match engine extensivly using one Pc and 3 laptops.

Some of test was streamed live.

I can confirm that this match engine is second worst in Fm history.

Defending is realy bad even top teams like City conceding stupid goals.

Again most roles are disaster and they dont work at all.

Example I done all striker roles test with Halland and by far he was scoring most as advanced forward.

This beta have so many issues!

2 minutes ago, Meraklija Vujevic said:

Example I done all striker roles test with Halland and by far he was scoring most as advanced forward.

Have you reported any of this?

It's fair enough you think it's bad but now is literally the best time to report issues you find

Does anyone else get a bit confused by the wording of Trap Inside and Trap Outside?

Trap Outside description says it funnels players towards the wings.... so the trap is actually set inside leading to the ball being funneled outside??

So if the trap is set inside, it seems confusing to call it trap outside?

3 minutes ago, 2feet said:

Does anyone else get a bit confused by the wording of Trap Inside and Trap Outside?

Trap Outside description says it funnels players towards the wings.... so the trap is actually set inside leading to the ball being funneled outside??

Fairly sure you're trying to trap the opponent just to play outside so you can win it back. The trap is set by allowing them outside.

Just now, Johnny Ace said:

Have you reported any of this?

It's fair enough you think it's bad but now is literally the best time to report issues you find

If you ask any tactican like me who creates tactic opinion will be similar

We already for few years asking for complete match engine revamp but SI dont want to do nothing.

Every year they release completly unbalanced and poor match engine.

They focus on some social features who nobody uses but this year they even fail in that segment.

Fm 23 beta is poorly patched fm22 with so many issues in every segment!

3 minutes ago, Meraklija Vujevic said:

If you ask any tactican like me who creates tactic opinion will be similar

We already for few years asking for complete match engine revamp but SI dont want to do nothing.

Every year they release completly unbalanced and poor match engine.

They focus on some social features who nobody uses but this year they even fail in that segment.

Fm 23 beta is poorly patched fm22 with so many issues in every segment!

:confused: I didn't ask

I suggested reporting it so things can be looked at :thup: You won't make any difference to the game unless you do 

Really annoying seeing players keep getting contract offers when there is no interest after I've offered one. Sure this would definitely happen with players who have agents but I'm giving guys contracts who have no agents and Dulwich Hamlet turn up making offers.

Just now, Johnny Ace said:

:confused: I didn't ask

I suggested reporting it so things can be looked at :thup: You won't make any difference to the game unless the do 

There is no purpose for report!

Example in fm 22 how long passed from latest update with match engine changes.

Instead of releasing small updates and fixing match engine issues through entire year they dont do nothing for few months

32 minutes ago, albertluque said:

Hope they can hotfix the development issue rather than having to start a new save for it to take effect :(

They said it would be save compatible, but not retroactive.

34 minutes ago, 2feet said:

Back to this again? Not happy with the answers you got 2 days ago?

Only you having issues with the way this is worded...

21 minutes ago, albertluque said:

retroactive?

It won’t undo the lack of player technical development up to the point you are in game. Meaning, if a player is 25 in game, and hasn’t developed technically because of the bug, they won’t suddenly get boosts to the technicals after the fix. 

I finally found a bug that is currently game breaking for me. Playing in the Canadian league, within the wage budget, just won the playoffs, and every single on of my youth intake players refuses to sign because apparently they believe I lack the funds to even get close to their contract demands...

58 minutes ago, Meraklija Vujevic said:

Likewise. I can make stuff that works well but it capitalises purely on attacking overloads to punish the constant defensive errors. I may concede 3 but damn sure they're conceding 7 etc.

The defence aspect of the ME is beyond shocking. I see so much stupid stuff every match. Going forward it can be delightful but Christ almighty its bad.

Its like they introduced the randomness, but cranked it up to 11. Last year you could have Conference sides playing like Prime Barca, now its gone the other way where Prime Barca would look like Northwich.

Edited by harrycarrie

30 minutes ago, KamyKaze said:

Back to this again? Not happy with the answers you got 2 days ago?

Only you having issues with the way this is worded...

I replied with why the answers didnt make sense but didnt get any follow up.

13 minutes ago, daveh83 said:

So is this beta playable are not ?? Regarding carrying on for long save ?

Is it playable or not is a hell of a question, you'll get a variety of answers, none of them right or wrong. For me, personally, I've given up with buying before January, that is when the game is playable (for me). I've played beta in previous years but I can't put myself through it again, I have a lot of respect for those that do, as it helps get the game ready for me to enjoy. 

17 minutes ago, daveh83 said:

I think it depends on how far into a save you get. Most development is usually around +3 points. There is some development in the game, but not at that level. I think if you’re around 3 years into a save, it will have a big effect. 

1 hour ago, daveh83 said:

Lollujo on YT just posted a 100 year save and goes over the development issue at about the 20 minute mark 

Edited by wetfred

I've got to say The M.E is the best out of all fm's I've played, so smooth and fluid, you can see players stop the ball dead before deciding to pass, the collision are better, the touches the players to when recieving the ball, the animations are a lot more realistic. FM22 players felt clunky and like they were moving on rails. Only gripe is every winger still drifts wide or plays it safe like a Sancho irl. Don't see why they couldn't add in step over and fient animations to wingers

Hope they do not change too much for final release