*Official* Football Manager 2022 Feedback Thread

Totaly fuming right now...starting from Tier 6 i made it finally into 1.Bundesliga via Promotion Playoffs.

This FM22 is way harder to have success (granted i use the realism mods pack so it may be they have a role in that) so i expected to fight against relegation, in a 15k Stadium and with a 6 Million p.a. Wage Budget.

Sadly i lost my defense from the season b4 that was loaned/had a release clause and the GK degraded somehow so bad i had to sell him off, so my defense is weaker than the season b4.

Until matchday 30 of 34 i am around the relegation playoff place, 1 of my Strikers has consistend scoring ability, 1 other occasionally, my GK makes quite a few errors but i dont get a better one, aside of a 37 year old one that has 3 good games and than starts to suck, so i cant use him anymore.

Stil i am positive for the relegation place until i get my emails, Striker Number 1 out, Striker Number 2 out, Midfielder Number 1 out, Defender Number 1 out, WBL Sub Number 1 out til the end of the season.

Matchday 34 at 90+6 i concede the goal that makes me relegate bcs my goal difference is 1 goal worse than place 16 that would have qualified at least for the playoffs.

If i write up want i right now feel the strong urge to do i get banned for my whole life, the afterlife, evtl. reincarnation until the end of the universe... :P

Why are allways the key players so much more endangered to be injured for a much longer time at the worst moments than fringe players?

At the Winter Break i loaned a fantastic Playmaker, the week he was coming he got injured for 6 weeks and never became a factor as he ever stayed foreign for not having the chance to become known with the teamplay.

Well, i will try again, the lower Tier has one advantage and that is i get the players for way lower wages, but yeah, its obvious - the game did not want me to stay up!

Edited by Thorqemada

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe this is the wrong place to ask, is it coded into the game that players who are on a loan wont find it difficult to settle into area?

I signed a player who i then sold after few months to another team in same country and was loaned back to me, i kept extending the loan for 2 more seasons, so he spent 2.5 season on loan at my team, then went back from loan, spent a season and a half at the other team before i bought him back, he quickly found it difficult to settle, i had most of the player still at the club that he played with?

More adventures from the world of promises!  I've promised a player that he can get a loan move when he signs his new contract.  He signs, and a Serie D team makes a loan offer.  I reject the offer.

Player: You promised I could go on loan.  Why did you reject this?

Manager: Your development would suffer as their level isn't high enough.  (Note here, the player in question was a first-team starter for a Serie C team in the season just concluded, and that team was promoted to Serie B.  He's probably a low-end Serie A player at this point, or a starter for a good Serie B team.  He definitely should not be playing for a semi-professional Serie D Group E club.)

Player: I completely disagree, I think this move would be great for me.

At that point, my only options are to say I'll accept a bid from that specific club if they bid again, or go nuclear, tell him I'm not ever going to loan him and his behavior has harmed his chances of ever getting first-team football.  That's so dumb.  Come on.  It's the first week of July!  Let me say "hey dude, it's early in the window, you'll get your move, I promise" or "just relax and enjoy your vacation, and we'll get a move sorted out when you get back" or "I think you're an important player, so we're going to take our time to find the move that's right for you" or literally anything that doesn't result in PROMISE BROKEN, NEW PROMISE MADE WHICH I DID NOT EVEN WANT TO MAKE.  The Promise system doesn't satisfy any of its intended goals, and it either needs a full root-and-branch rebuild or it needs to go away forever.  

Edit: start of the next season, in the preseason meeting, my only options are "Welcome back, it's going to be a good season for this club" and "I hope you're ready to win the title!".  Selecting 'good season' makes the whole squad angry that I'm not being ambitious enough, whatever that means.  My season expectation is simply to qualify for the Champions League.  This stuff has to get figured out, please.  The game has got to be better about player interactions.

Edited by Sunstrikuuu

Afternoon all. I’m late to FM22 but a change I’d like to see going forward is how a players history is recorded. It feels like it’s not been looked at for years.

I’d love to see options to view their overall record rather than just their league record. Maybe as a drop down to allow you to see full career stats as well as league stats only rather than having to click into each individual season to see more than just a league view.

I’d also love to see an option for players to see there derby goal scoring record. Always enjoyable having a player who always scores against your deadly rivals.

11 hours ago, tamrichardson said:

Afternoon all. I’m late to FM22 but a change I’d like to see going forward is how a players history is recorded. It feels like it’s not been looked at for years.

I’d love to see options to view their overall record rather than just their league record. Maybe as a drop down to allow you to see full career stats as well as league stats only rather than having to click into each individual season to see more than just a league view.

I’d also love to see an option for players to see there derby goal scoring record. Always enjoyable having a player who always scores against your deadly rivals.

This would be better being posted in the Features Request thread

On 01/06/2022 at 23:57, Thorqemada said:

Totaly fuming right now...starting from Tier 6 i made it finally into 1.Bundesliga via Promotion Playoffs.

This FM22 is way harder to have success (granted i use the realism mods pack so it may be they have a role in that) so i expected to fight against relegation, in a 15k Stadium and with a 6 Million p.a. Wage Budget.

Sadly i lost my defense from the season b4 that was loaned/had a release clause and the GK degraded somehow so bad i had to sell him off, so my defense is weaker than the season b4.

Until matchday 30 of 34 i am around the relegation playoff place, 1 of my Strikers has consistend scoring ability, 1 other occasionally, my GK makes quite a few errors but i dont get a better one, aside of a 37 year old one that has 3 good games and than starts to suck, so i cant use him anymore.

Stil i am positive for the relegation place until i get my emails, Striker Number 1 out, Striker Number 2 out, Midfielder Number 1 out, Defender Number 1 out, WBL Sub Number 1 out til the end of the season.

Matchday 34 at 90+6 i concede the goal that makes me relegate bcs my goal difference is 1 goal worse than place 16 that would have qualified at least for the playoffs.

If i write up want i right now feel the strong urge to do i get banned for my whole life, the afterlife, evtl. reincarnation until the end of the universe... :P

Why are allways the key players so much more endangered to be injured for a much longer time at the worst moments than fringe players?

At the Winter Break i loaned a fantastic Playmaker, the week he was coming he got injured for 6 weeks and never became a factor as he ever stayed foreign for not having the chance to become known with the teamplay.

Well, i will try again, the lower Tier has one advantage and that is i get the players for way lower wages, but yeah, its obvious - the game did not want me to stay up!

maybe because your realism mod pack ? 

Bizarre manager movement decision making - number 257 of an infinite series ...

The year is 2031 and Newcastle manager, of 3 years standing, Julien Stephen leaves to go to Spurs.  Newcastle are currently a 4.5 star reputation established top 6 EPL team; Spurs have for the last 5 season been mid-table mediocrities and have a reputation of 4 stars.  Newcastle are in 3rd and have a strong challenge to win the league; Spurs are 13th and in dreadful form.

Why on earth would any manager make that switch?

Football Manager really needs to offer up ways to discuss promises with players.

I recently made a promise to loan a player on the fringe of my squad out.

A little time after that I found him more in my plans because of inuries. He played in a few games and did really great. I now want to keep him around.

There's nothing I can do to discuss keeping that player at my club rather than loan him out. Maybe in time he'll decide he wants to stay but I can't rely on that.

Instead I have to wait for him to become unhappy at not being loaned out. Maybe then I can say to him that he has earnt the chance to stay and play more.

~~~~

I do like the increase in interaction options over the years but it could do with going further.

I'd love to see further options to talk to players about a number of things.

There might even be more in game but it is rarely clear what things do. For example, I can change a player's playing time but it's just a button. I click it and have no real knowledge about what is going to happen. The option to praise or criticise conduct is a similar thing. What does it mean?

~~~~

I am supposed to know these players really well. I never feel like I do. I feel like they're somoene on the end of a phone line sometimes. It's like I'm getting through to an automated switchboard and can select options for vague department headings.

FM creates a promise for each player that I can look at. Would it really be so hard to add in an option to discuss that promise?

Player interaction sometimes, first wants to explore his options, that gets cancelled by extension clause, then tempted by interest from elsewhere and 2 days later happily signs a year extension. Well, I'm not complaining about Lewandowski sticking around.

How I imagine these conversations go:

Spoiler

Lewandowski: I want to explore my options at the end of my contract!

Me: Sure! (You appear to be forgetting you'll be getting a 1 year extension if you play.... lemme check... right, 1 more league match?)

Real Madrid: What's this, a Lewandowski considering his options? Consider us interested!

Lewandowski: Well, I'm now stuck here a year longer and no longer considering my options!

Me: So, want a new contract?

Lewandowski: Nope, that Real Madrid interest is too juicy!

Real Madrid: Hold up, his contract got extended, sorry we're no longer interested.

Me: So, want a new contract?

Lewandowski: Yeah, if you could extent my contract by another year that'd be great! Ignore that whole part where I wanted to leave like 3 days ago ok? Thanks!

All this in a span of like... 3 days. :lol:

So, this time i did stay up in Tier 1 albeit narrowly.

I think the game has the best 3D Game of the series, you can on many occasions see whats going on, a few you wonder, many spectacular ballplay scenes, pretty smooth.

The Stadiums look good in detail and dimension, small looks small, big looks big.

As i played with the realism pack i cant speek much about the realism as i have no experience with the vanilla gameplay.

In the the lower leagues i had a better financial sustainability than in older FMs, Tier 3 was almost the hardest financially.

Youth intake is as usually completely meaningless in lower leagues and low reputation clubs - you only get the crap of the worst that not even help you down in the Beer Leagues.

This game is missing the "lottery winner chance" that even the smallest club has a slim chance to get a good player able to become a top tier professional once or twice a decade!

Tacically its extremely sensible to changes, subs, form, morale, etc and to me one of the standing out in the FM Series.

Exhaustion has a slight impact on the games results but more in the follow up game than in the actual game and its probably somewhat negated by top tier stamina wonder players.

Fouls (usually on the receiving end) had quite an impact on the health of my players and i got 2 seasons of 15 an amassing of long term injuries usually on key players that seem more akin to be fouled and i had the impression that very hard play is not jugded to the degree that it forces "going all in physically without regards teams" to ease up their aproach, rarely a yellow card has a consequence for them.

On the contrary i had the feeling not going all in and staying on feet made the game getting more oportunites to rule foul against my players as they hade to made multiple medium challenges instead of a single very hard one and i got so often a penalty against my team where the oposing player not even got to the ground while my players where bumped around in the oposing box like sandbags and rarely happened a penalty for my team.

One visual imrpovement is needed for the replay that shows if the ball had crossed the goal line - it gives no information due to the angle and distance that makes it impossible to conclude anything.

Overall i think this FM22 is a huge improvement for the Series!

For me i will take a break here, i have reached my goal of the journey through the leagues and now will concentrate on the many games that make up my huge backlog that i never play for spending so much time in FM games ;)

All the best for all of us!

Edited by Thorqemada

16 hours ago, Thorqemada said:

Overall i think this FM22 is a huge improvement for the Series!

out of curiosity, did you play FM 21 before playing FM22?

The reason I'm asking is because I've been going back and forth with both of them and I wouldn't call it a huge improvement, I'll just say it's different. There are things I prefer in FM 21 over FM22 and vice versa 

vor 19 Stunden schrieb DarJ:

out of curiosity, did you play FM 21 before playing FM22?

The reason I'm asking is because I've been going back and forth with both of them and I wouldn't call it a huge improvement, I'll just say it's different. There are things I prefer in FM 21 over FM22 and vice versa 

Played CM as well as FM13, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22.

FM13 and FM22 are my Favs.

PS: Forgot i had played a little FM11 after FM Online shut down...

Edited by Thorqemada

Relatively minor issue I've just noticed.

When approaching a player in the last 6 months of his contract you'll sometimes get them refusing to negotiate as they want to leave their options open which is fair enough. However if you instead agree a fee with the club, the same player will happily negotiate with you and end up signing. 

In my opinion having agreed a fee with the club wouldn't change the players desire to consider all their options at the end of their contract.

18 hours ago, jacob_m_mack said:

I think perhaps the most glaring problem with the match engine right now is that there are way too many balls in the air through the middle of the park...

so i decided to watch a full match instead of highlights and oh my god this is an enormous problem and keeper distribution absolutely must, must be fixed. i could not believe what i was seeing, i started counting and the keepers conceded possession on long balls through the middle of the park FOURTY-SIX times in a single match. i'll also add that my keeper is being instructed to play it short and held to that reasonably well, so the total is actually much lower than it otherwise might have been. i also did not count the times the keepers conceded possession by putting the ball out the sides as i consider that much more realistic (though granted it only happened 3 or 4 times total). And i did not count the times the keeper went long and their own team recovered possession, which happened more often as the game continued (i'm assuming as a result of my CBs becoming tired) but the way this happened was very consistent, the ball would simply drop over the CB's head and the striker would pick it up and have an immediate one-on-one. this is ridiculous as well: i would be fine with the CB missing the header and the striker recovering possession if it was meant to simulate a grapple for the ball, but it clearly isn't as it's followed by a one-on-one run at the keeper rather than a continued challenge for the ball from the CB.

Still the main takeaway for me is that keepers are giving over possession to the other team's CBs at a rate of once every 2 minutes, which is ludicrous. I'd be will to bet that a touch for a keeper without short distribution instructions has about a 80 to 90% chance of resulting in the other team gaining possession in the immediate aftermath. this does not resemble football AT ALL and MUST be fixed. the fact that my team's ability to control possession is almost entirely down to my decision to tell my keeper to roll it out and to click prevent short keeper distribution and actually has very little to do with my team building or the rest of my tactic honestly just makes me want to stop playing.

I will try to cut together a compilation of the keepers giving over possession so you don't have to take my word. might take a minute though, there's a lot of awful kicks to cut together.

Post an advertisement for a performance analyst > wait 1 month for applicants > review applicants and offer one the job > the default contract is for recruitment analyst 

Why? 

vor einer Stunde schrieb kepz:

Post an advertisement for a performance analyst > wait 1 month for applicants > review applicants and offer one the job > the default contract is for recruitment analyst 

Why? 

I found that they are mostly interchangeable and accept both positions in the contractnegotiations - simply change it.

Does Russian teams exclusion from European competition end after a certain date and can they still do transactions with other countries?

AI squad building continues to need a lot of work.

In January Shakhtar paid £20m for one of my central defenders. In the summer window they've now paid £32m for 29 year old Jan Bednerek in the same position. They also paid £50m for Joao Palhinha, a natural DM who can play CB before also spending £16m on Grillitsch who is also a DM that can play CB. They also laready have Matvienko, a top rated defender and Marlon who won the 'Defender of the Year' award in the league the year prior. Due to this poor squad building I'm pretty hopeful of getting my central defender back next window for less than half they paid me.

2 hours ago, KingCanary said:

AI squad building continues to need a lot of work.

In January Shakhtar paid £20m for one of my central defenders. In the summer window they've now paid £32m for 29 year old Jan Bednerek in the same position. They also paid £50m for Joao Palhinha, a natural DM who can play CB before also spending £16m on Grillitsch who is also a DM that can play CB. They also laready have Matvienko, a top rated defender and Marlon who won the 'Defender of the Year' award in the league the year prior. Due to this poor squad building I'm pretty hopeful of getting my central defender back next window for less than half they paid me.

Yeah that seems unrealistic and not what Shakhtar would do in real life as they mainly target prospects from Brazil, do you have Brazilian leagues loaded also do you have Daveincid realism files installed they can help with transfer preferences?

8 minutes ago, FunAdapter.exe said:

Yeah that seems unrealistic and not what Shakhtar would do in real life as they mainly target prospects from Brazil, do you have Brazilian leagues loaded also do you have Daveincid realism files installed they can help with transfer preferences?

Yes I have Brazil loaded, don't know what the other thing is.

It is less the nationality (although I do agree clubs don't seem to have much of a personality when it comes to transfer profiles) but the fact they've splurged about £120m on players who all play the same positions. 

5 minutes ago, KingCanary said:

Yes I have Brazil loaded, don't know what the other thing is.

It is less the nationality (although I do agree clubs don't seem to have much of a personality when it comes to transfer profiles) but the fact they've splurged about £120m on players who all play the same positions. 

You can easily find the files from a quick google search, they improve many aspects of the game for increased realism but you will have to start a new save for them to work, I'm not sure how much they will help for this specific issue but you can try it out and see if you get better results, I've yet to really test it as I haven't got into a save yet.

On 14/06/2022 at 16:33, Thorqemada said:

I found that they are mostly interchangeable and accept both positions in the contractnegotiations - simply change it.

It is incredibly annoying. If they applied for the recruitment analyst, then the contact should autofill the recruitment analyst, not the performance analyst. Or, at the very least, let us tell the DoF to negotiate the contact and sign the analyst themselves. (No, this is not delegating. Delegating the task to the AI will not result in immediate hires when you need them.) 

Another really annoying thing related to analysts is their advice during the match. Yes, thank you, I can read numbers too and can see for myself which team has the higher xG. Coaching staff advice overall needs to be overhauled with player interactions. 

I have an important player earning 60k per week and three years left on his contract. His peers on the team are earning 70k per week, so he demanded a new contract. Fine, I want to be fair. I enter negotiations, and his agent opens with a 150k per week offer. Ugh.

Players complaining about money is about as realistic as it gets, but then demands such as a 150% raise with 3 years remaining on their contract scream unrealistic.

I feel like I'm constantly pointing out little niggly things that need working on but there are so many that chip away at the experience of playing what is overall a very good game.

• My Meatlist team have just played Porto in the Champions League and drawn 1-1. The Porto manager was apparently pissed about a decision but for some reason is raging at 'the quality of refereeing in Ukraine' despite the fact that a European game would be officiated by a referee from a neutral location, so nothing to do with Ukraine.
  • My top striker has 6 goals in 9 appearances this season, following on from seasons with 26 goals in 42 games, 29 in 42 and 29 in 31. My backroom staff's advice? 'Not good enough for the playing time he wants (important player) demote to fringe player. 

Just a few too many things that make you go 'huh?' and totally break the immersion. 

Edited by KingCanary

2 hours ago, Overmars said:

I have an important player earning 60k per week and three years left on his contract. His peers on the team are earning 70k per week, so he demanded a new contract. Fine, I want to be fair. I enter negotiations, and his agent opens with a 150k per week offer. Ugh.

Players complaining about money is about as realistic as it gets, but then demands such as a 150% raise with 3 years remaining on their contract scream unrealistic.

Contract spam is outrageous, and the way it goes from 0-100 is nuts too.

Yet again I am begging for players to stop being unhappy that you won't sell them for a third of what you paid 12 months ago.  This has been a problem since the Sell For X promise was introduce.  It's been bug-reported a million times in every version.  Please, please, fix it. 

Edit: in the same promise, why can't we tell the player we've made a decision?  The conversational flow makes no sense!  Player wants to know what size bid it'll take --> you propose a number --> the player is unhappy with the number and wants to negotiate.  Your choices at that point are either to negotiate the number or "Escalate: I've changed my mind, you're going nowhere now".  JUST LET ME SAY THE PRICE IS £5 MILLION, AND THAT'S IT.  LET ME MARK THAT AS NON-NEGOTIABLE.  Give me options other than [Cave] or [Escalate, Throw Water Bottle]. 

And that's not even getting into how stupidly this works behind the scenes.  Because when you make a promise to sell a player for £X, it sets his Asking Price to £X, and when his Asking Price is £X you can be sure that the AI will take that as a sign to bid 40% of £X.  THE ASKING PRICE IS SET TO A NUMBER.  BID THAT NUMBER OR DON'T BID.  GOD-DAMN

Edited by Sunstrikuuu

I really, really don't understand why they have introduced club finances into player happiness.

I am a tiny club in the Conference South. We have low attendances and, short of getting a freak youth player or an unlikely cup run, we are not going to make significant money. So why do I have to put up with 2-3 players a year coming to see me about the club's financial situation and then getting upset when I can't fix it?

I also don't understand why it's one of your objectives as a manager. You are already judged on wage management and cup performance, so why am I also required to "repair the club's financial damage"? Isn't that the chairman's responsibility?

More adventures from the world of promises!

Player wants a move for a pay raise.  I ask how much will make him happy, he says a number I'm willing to pay.  Great!  That triggers a promise to offer him a contract.  But in contract negotiations, his agent demands that he play in a role I don't use and don't intend to use, and an increase in squad status to first-team, and won't negotiate on either.  Talks break down.  A few days later, I get the dialog about breaking the promise.  In the conversation, my options are: >I'm so sorry, it slipped my mind; >I changed my mind, you're not getting a contract or a transfer; and >I changed my mind, I'll sell you as soon as I've sorted a replacement.

Two things come to mind.  That last one is, uh, kind of arbitrary.  Why when I've sorted a replacement?  Why not when Team X Bids Y, or when Team X Bids At All, or At the End of the Season, or any of the other options?  Second, and more importantly, why don't I have the option to say "I said I'd offer, but your terms are unreasonable"?  That option exists when this happens for regular contract negotiation promises.  Why not now?

All of this is especially annoying because the player will tell you he wants a wage of £X, but he actually wants £X plus a yearly wage increase (that's not in his existing contract) plus a clause to increase his wage another 30% after he meets certain games played benchmarks (which isn't in his existing contract either), and if you don't give him either one of those his agent will demand more than £X per week, non-negotiable.

Please make this all less pointless and less arbitrary.  Any time I click these buttons, any time I talk to a player, I feel like I'm juggling hand grenades. 

Edit:

"Come on, there's no way anyone's going to bid that much for me!"  My brother in Christ I already have two (2) bids of more than that for you.

Edited by Sunstrikuuu

I've got over the 750h (personal) milestone into this edition, so here are my 2 cents.. (~200h are skin testing but never mind that :lol: ).

This one as a whole is an improved release over the '21 edition - considering last year's FBs and DMs ratings issues, no data for some stats etc. - things that were gamebreakers for me and I had to wait for the eventual patch, without playing.

Obviously last year release was complicated with the the pandemic and all that. This '22 edition is polished and robust with no gamebreakers - again this is my humble opinion.

The new features :

- Data Hub - I have to admit I'm not using it much, and the lack of using it doesn't impact my game. It's nice, it's pretty but I can win without it. This isn't a bad thing, I'm sure there are other players that use it. Probably it's a building block for things to come so will wait and see.

- Staff Meetings - again, not using them - used them 2 times and then went to inbox until the AI has some interesting and useful advice. It just doesn't add something meaningful to the game when 90% of the advice is discarded.

- Deadline Day - this is really fun, and I love it. I'm using it whenever I have some money to spend and I need some last minute backup player, or I see some bargains .. 

- Match Engine Improvements - this is good. I can watch the comprehensive highlights without getting bored or knowing from the start what will happen. Tactical changes are impactful, you can understand what you can change to alter the game... I do love this year engine.

- Wide Center Backs - adding complexity to tactical aspect of the game is a good thing everytime.

Other considerations:

- Default skin - not the best outcome, and this is going on for years now. There are some amazing custom skins out there and man, SI should start talking with the guys in the skinning hideout forum . At least put some wiki or some official help for the skinning community.

Set Pieces - it's 2022 and we still use the same lame, tedious and rigid menus to set them up. Not acceptable for a full price release year after year.

- Player interactions, media, team talks, team meetings - I think here we need some work because they are .. bad : UI - clicking all over the place  top, right, down, center ; options - same and generic and boring; strange and/or silly outcomes with no relation to the facts - team meetings are the worst.

But other than that .. I found this a very very good and entertaining FM edition. I'm having a lot of fun playing it.. I had a lot of less fun skinning it - but that's another story :lol:.

This game was and is a good escape for me, helping me a lot with my depression and mental health.

So.. thank you devs ! :applause:

P.S. Edit ( I'm old and I forgot ) - I would love to be able to edit the stadiums. I think would be amazing, with the community getting involved - It would be amazing !

Edited by BuzzR
spelling

This is small but the board really need to consider a league system's competition rules when altering the capacity of a stadium. For example, I was managing a team in the 3. Liga in Germany and my board opted to turn some of the standing room in our stadium into seats, which resulted in the overall capacity for the stadium dropping below the required threshold of 15000 for the 2. Bundesliga, which we were well on pace to win automatic promotion to at the time. As a result immediately upon winning promotion we had to shell out 30 million for a new stadium, adding a previously totally unnecessary 300k+ dollars to my monthly expenses for the coming 10 years.

22 hours ago, jacob_m_mack said:

This is small but the board really need to consider a league system's competition rules when altering the capacity of a stadium. For example, I was managing a team in the 3. Liga in Germany and my board opted to turn some of the standing room in our stadium into seats, which resulted in the overall capacity for the stadium dropping below the required threshold of 15000 for the 2. Bundesliga, which we were well on pace to win automatic promotion to at the time. As a result immediately upon winning promotion we had to shell out 30 million for a new stadium, adding a previously totally unnecessary 300k+ dollars to my monthly expenses for the coming 10 years.

There are some other issues with this sort of thing.  I did a save where I went from the French National (semi-pro, 3rd tier) to Ligue 1 with back-to-back promotions.  Because of the stadium rules, my board built a new stadium when we were promoted to Ligue 2 (the existing stadium didn't meet Ligue 2's requirements), and rented one while it was being built.  But then I got promoted again, and neither the rented stadium or the under-construction stadium fit the Ligue 1 regulations.    So the board paid to renovate the stadium we were renting, used the initial stadium as the training ground, and the one that was under construction vanished, along with my ability to make any stadium-related requests.

Why is the transfer market so pumped, can`t buy a decent player below 50milion, top player below 150mil.

And the financial fair-play, in one of my saves I`m near to 2040`s, and Newcastle keep spending 200-300mil every year and their sales are below 50mil.

And the promises, need to be fixed, other choices at the interviews

Postpone option should be available for us to ask, not for the game to ask us.

One last thing, I`m coaching Juve right now in the 4th season, I won the league in every year and one Champions League, but no team tried to aproach me ( ex: Chelsea, Bayern, RM ) , I think it could be more impulsive to change the team if they are trying to aproach you, then just going to apply for the job and losing the respect of the current team.

On 21/06/2022 at 20:19, Sunstrikuuu said:

There are some other issues with this sort of thing.  I did a save where I went from the French National (semi-pro, 3rd tier) to Ligue 1 with back-to-back promotions.  Because of the stadium rules, my board built a new stadium when we were promoted to Ligue 2 (the existing stadium didn't meet Ligue 2's requirements), and rented one while it was being built.  But then I got promoted again, and neither the rented stadium or the under-construction stadium fit the Ligue 1 regulations.    So the board paid to renovate the stadium we were renting, used the initial stadium as the training ground, and the one that was under construction vanished, along with my ability to make any stadium-related requests.

Yeah, for sure an issue there.  I started out at Level 5 in Italy in a 500 capacity "stadium".  When we got promoted to Level 3/Serie C that stadium didn't meet the requirements, so we moved to San Marino Stadium (where the National Team play).  When we got promoted to Serie A, San Marino Stadium didn't meet Serie A requirements - and the game moved us back to our original 500 capacity stadium!!  Took a couple of seasons for a new stadium to be built, still not moved in but haven't played much FM in the last 4+ months.

On 20/06/2022 at 15:37, BuzzR said:

Default skin - not the best outcome, and this is going on for years now. There are some amazing custom skins out there and man, SI should start talking with the guys in the skinning hideout forum . At least put some wiki or some official help for the skinning community.

I have to agree with this. I got a feeling like that we have almost the same skin for 3 years now. I would take this chance to say thanks to all the guys who make skins. This is the game that we are playing for hundreds of hours, imagine if those custom skins didn't exist, you would have to watch some exactly the same screens for 3 years. I need to change my skin from time to time since if you look at something for that look it becomes boring. I think that tactics screen is same for 3 years now! I can't even understand that amount of laziness. At least add grass texture or something!

These are the tactics screens from FM 2021 and 2022, they are exactly the same 

JtX0CPH.jpg

Seriously, backroom advice needs so much work.

I've just had someone recommend that I demote my star 20 year old central defender, rated as 4 star player with 5 star potential by my coaching team, who has an average rating of over 7.5 in the 50+ games he's played since arriving to a 'breakthrough prospect.' I'm tempted to fire the staff member on the spot.

Is there a bug with new stadiums being constantly delayed? This stadium should have been finished in the summer of 2036 but this is the fourth delay now I think. I had a tycoon takeover a few years back and got promoted to Ligue 1 so they approved this, even though I'd only had a new one open 2 years previously after getting promoted to Ligue 2. Is this the game's way of telling me I can't have two new stadiums so close together?

image.thumb.png.2c7a7fbee72a95811e1ecc3d709e45d2.png

On 29/06/2022 at 20:37, autohoratio said:

Every time a player you've sent on loan is doing well:

"Do you think perhaps he's outgrown LoanClub and needs a new challenge at this stage?"

Even if he's only been there for three games. Incredibly dull and one-dimensional.

Also you get them right at the end of the loan spell too- no I'm not planning on recalling him when he's got 1 game left you weirdos.

The issue of AI not developing younger players is going to be a massive thing to fix for FM23.

In my current save I'm in 2026 and just got the '50 best players' list through- not a single regen or player who wasn't already involved in the first team at a 'big' team when the save started in 2021. 

Edited by KingCanary

6 minutes ago, KingCanary said:

The issue of AI not developing younger players is going to be a massive thing to fix for FM23.

In my current save I'm in 2026 and just got the '50 best players' list through- not a single regen or player who wasn't already at a 'big' team when the save started in 2021. 

I'm in 2034 and its rare to play a team in the champions league with a player in the starting 11 under the age of 30...

On 27/06/2022 at 14:49, KingCanary said:

Seriously, backroom advice needs so much work.

I've just had someone recommend that I demote my star 20 year old central defender, rated as 4 star player with 5 star potential by my coaching team, who has an average rating of over 7.5 in the 50+ games he's played since arriving to a 'breakthrough prospect.' I'm tempted to fire the staff member on the spot.

I have seen that a few times. I am not sure if it a bug, or bad coaching staff.

Got this with the 50% offer. Currently managing Newcastle.The game it’s self isn’t much different to the last FM I played which was 2020. ME is a little better though. The media isn’t any better. The communication between manager and player is still awful. Players get upset far too much when you talk to them Most of the time it just creates conflict because of the choice of answers you have. Apart from them issues I am enjoying the game. 

Edited by Wizard boy

I finally gave in and started a save.

For me, the most important thing is the match engine. It's got potential, but it's still bordering on unplayable for me.

• Strikers running wide with the ball despite open space directly in front of them
  • Wingers not taking on their fullback. They seem to be happy to run parallel and to the by-line but it's extremely rare I ever see them use a bit of skill to rinse somebody or even knock it past a defender and leave them for dead. Even with appropriate traits.
  • Still too many highlights that start from throw ins and corners.

Adventures in player interaction part 1957

I've recently promoted a 19 year old from my 2nd team to first team and he's played two games. I'm told he doesn't seem himself and it might be because he's after a new deal so I reach out.

The first weird part is the player is immediately 'indignant' when I ask whats wrong. He wants a new deal. I say lets talk at the end of the season. He is now 'angry' and says he needs a new deal NOW or he's leaving. So I agree to open negotiations.

His agent wants him boosted from breakthrough prospect to regular starter. I suggest squad player and talks immediately break down. Next conversation I use the 'I promised we'd talk about a new contract, not that I'd offer whatever you wanted response. He's now furious and says 'I don't think the lads will be happy about this!'

It all just feels like such a bizarre escalation- conversations go from 0 to 100mph and you go from a player being happy to trying to destabilise your entire squad in the space of a few clicks.