*Official* Football Manager 2022 Feedback Thread

Just now, UI_Riven said:

Are there match engine updates in that usual mid-late december update? I hope so because at the moment the possession bug makes the game unplayable to me as I play possession football.

whilst nobody can be sure till the update is released, it would be very unusual if there were not a number of ME changes in the first update

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Toshevbgg said:

I cant enjoy the game right now Its again unplayable for me

My favorite positions have always been AML and AMR in Football Manager.  We are talking the Eras even before Messi and Ronaldo. I remember Possanzini in 2001/2002 he was a great AML for my Real Madrid squad.  Even Nani was great for me in my united save getting him to score 20 goals was amazing watching him cut inside etc

Right now the only goals my AML and AMR scores are from crosses from otherside if they are in position for tap in :). I cant get them to cut inside and they play like idiots. Its improvement cuz they actually pass it across the goal which they refused in last year version

Crossig is just annoying even my central midfielders tend to drift wide to cross . The more annoying part is you need AMR with right foot so he can cross better but the best AML/AMR are opposite footed players. Watching Salah attempting 30 crosses per game is ridicilous . Mbappe is deploed mainly as AMR in my game and he cant score more then 10/15 goals per season 

Player rating still is a bit too low if you dont assist or score you are well below 7... The good thing is my work rates and determinations stats have gone up like crazy because even when I am winning I can usually warn 3-4 players for bad performance. If we lose a close game 1-2 or 0:2 usually I can warn half my team.

Also I find it hard to improve my young players maybe its my fault but I have 3 great prospects who train with main team I have 5 star coaching play games and getting subbed in and they barerly improve .One even regressed 

Here are my thoughts on this:

I agree that inside forwards are underpowered. They do not, or rarely cut inside to take a shot. On the other side, I noticed that strikers are overpowered. In my Roma save Abraham who is not the best striker in the world by any means, is having average goals per game more than 1! My observation is that the problem is not the amount of crosses, but that the crosses are too accurate and a player like Abraham can utilize it. I already mentioned the improvements in the game which I personally think are many, but here I want to mention that I can see  one two passes for the first time  in Football Manager.

Edited by damjanovski

sorry to ask guys, but.... is there an issue with the transfer window being open all time? i usually use real fixtures & results in editor and started a save on 22/11 with current league tables in bundesliga. when i sell a player, he immediately leaves, meaning in November and not in next Transfer window in January. Is there a dramatic change of rules in real life or.... a bug:-)?

18 minutes ago, mcpay said:

sorry to ask guys, but.... is there an issue with the transfer window being open all time? i usually use real fixtures & results in editor and started a save on 22/11 with current league tables in bundesliga. when i sell a player, he immediately leaves, meaning in November and not in next Transfer window in January. Is there a dramatic change of rules in real life or.... a bug:-)?

It doesn't happen for me without files, so perhaps it comes from the files you use. You should probably ask the creator of the file.

It doesn't happen for me without files, so perhaps it comes from the files you use. You should probably ask the creator of the file.

thanks a lot, @XaW this it is - i was not aware that the files contain information like that. i coulnd´t find this setting in editor data, but anyhow, for now at least i am sure why it happend:-)

1 minute ago, mcpay said:

thanks a lot, @XaW this it is - i was not aware that the files contain information like that. i coulnd´t find this setting in editor data, but anyhow, for now at least i am sure why it happend:-)

When using custom files, who knows what has been done in them. So if you experience something strange with custom files, especially regarding rules and such things, I'd advise you to start a game without them and see if it's still there. If it is, then a bug report is your best bet. If it's gone without the files, then only the creator of the file knows if it's intentional or not. Sometimes creators makes mistakes, I know I did in my Norwegian lower league file! :D

When using custom files, who knows what has been done in them. So if you experience something strange with custom files, especially regarding rules and such things, I'd advise you to start a game without them and see if it's still there. If it is, then a bug report is your best bet. If it's gone without the files, then only the creator of the file knows if it's intentional or not. Sometimes creators makes mistakes, I know I did in my Norwegian lower league file! :D

all right, good to know for future and now i will start a new safe without the files after having been shocked when i sold 3 cd in one week:-) ha, i can imagine it is quite difficult to create own custom files.

Just wondering, is there such thing as shadow updates for this game? I rage quit one game last night and after playing today with the same setup, all of a sudden my players were pressing a bit more than usual.

Edited by Rexxigg

2 minutes ago, Rexxigg said:

Just wondering, is there such thing as shadow updates for this game? I rage quit one game last night and after playing today with the same setup, all of a sudden my players were pressing a bit more than usual.

There is no update (or shadow update).

Simply happened, because it's brand new game and inside the game was happened different events. 

There was a discussion in the suggestions forum about talking with players and I came across something in a staff meeting that I feel is both relevant and is also a concern with the game that needs improvement.

image.png.7d21af257ef75004f4f609e63a48fad1.png

As you can see my coach has given his assessment on the form of two players and I get the chance to schedule a meeting along with an analysis of how they might respond.

I will admit I am new to the club I am managing, but in what way does telling me that a player might be motivated or that a player might disagree help me? My coach might as well just tell me he hasn't foggiest how a player will react.

I know it is probably very much dependent on coaching skills - probably People Management - but surely he can tell me more.

9 hours ago, damjanovski said:

Here are my thoughts on this:

I agree that inside forwards are underpowered. They do not, or rarely cut inside to take a shot. On the other side, I noticed that strikers are overpowered. In my Roma save Abraham who is not the best striker in the world by any means, is having average goals per game more than 1! My observation is that the problem is not the amount of crosses, but that the crosses are too accurate and a player like Abraham can utilize it. I already mentioned the improvements in the game which I personally think are many, but here I want to mention that I can see  one two passes for the first time  in Football Manager.

Please check the # of crosses your team does? I agree Strikers are overpowered its because of two things number of crosses and accuracy. I had an absolute awful striker 32 at Derby County I mean he was probably 100 potential. He scored 30 goals in 30 games in Championship. I bought Winks for 1 million next season he scored 37 goals in 32 games . Most of them tap in crosses and headers.  Problem is your AML and AMR attempt tons and tons of crosses when there are 40 per game and u watch only highlights it just seems they are very accurate but its just soo much crossing then it will create chances.

You can put any decent striker and with good AML and AMR to cross 50 times per game he will score goals. Winks is pathetic I am in premier league but he still has like 8 goals in 13 games and have missed soo many sitters from 2 meters out. IF AML and AMR cut inside and try to play simple passing game and score goals your striker will score much less he will actually have to make the goals

The crossing problem is also why AMC is useless position now and can barerely assist or score in most formations. Since AMl and AMR cross all the time he is isolated from the game and can score the occasional banger or tap in from cross

2 hours ago, anagain said:

I know it is probably very much dependent on coaching skills - probably People Management - but surely he can tell me more.

More specifically, I wouldn't mind being told if there are consequences for the player disagreeing with the criticism, such as lower morale.

Edited by WizbaII

1 hour ago, fc.cadoni said:

There is no update (or shadow update).

Simply happened, because it's brand new game and inside the game was happened different events. 

Yeah, unfortunately it looks like it was a one time thing. Played a few more games afterwards and got back to the old ways. Was a bit excited as I thought it got fixed, but I guess it's somewhat a good sign that pressing was working, even though for a short while.

Hello everyone! In early versions of FM, it was possible to see the commentary of the assistant for the rating of a football player in the match. I don’t see it now. Where can I find it?

Снимок экрана 2021-11-28 в 13.39.52.png

6 minutes ago, Aksi92 said:

Anyone has the same "problem"? What is this schedule? Playing 7 away games in a row :lol:

lol.PNG

The world cup is in the winter that season, bound to be strange things happening that season.

On 25/11/2021 at 15:02, DoubleR said:

As I said.. right before the holidays. Last year it was 19th of december so expect mid/end of December 

Yes, I remember. They released it just in time to introduce a couple of big bugs right before all the devs left for the holidays.

The UI has been improving over the years, but I agree that it's not perfect. I would bet some of the stuff, such as lists remembering their positions, is being worked on. Saving conversations with players seems a logical thing to include, however in the Dynamics page it does give you a list of players who are unhappy with you for whatever reason, so that's a way to compensate in the meantime. You can also rely on the Happiness page of the player's profile where you can see what issues they have, including with you.

47 minutes ago, WizbaII said:

The UI has been improving over the years, but I agree that it's not perfect. I would bet some of the stuff, such as lists remembering their positions, is being worked on. Saving conversations with players seems a logical thing to include, however in the Dynamics page it does give you a list of players who are unhappy with you for whatever reason, so that's a way to compensate in the meantime. You can also rely on the Happiness page of the player's profile where you can see what issues they have, including with you.

I don't believe the UI has improved enough. Sure they've moved things about and tried to reduce clicks but I don't believe the various elements have improved. The lists issue has been a problem for many editions.

The happiness page does tell I've chatted with a player but doesn't list what was said. Logs are useful for us oldies when memories start to fail. The zoom issues are another factor not helping the oldies, and considering the playerbase of FM has aged with the game I'd think it was something SI would want to improve. Attracting new players has to be a goal but surely not at the expense of the long time players.

I still enjoy FM and can get by with the UI. It's certainly not a game breaking dilemma for me. I just believe the UI could be so many, many times better than it is though.

I play many other games and those that stand out for me are those where much thought is put in to the UI. Games such as Old World and Dyson Sphere Program are ones where the UI is a key part of design and is something that many hours of love have been poured in to. Old World especially was hailed for its UI. Satisfactory is a game where the UI is improving in leaps and bounds and the game becomes better every time those improvements are seen. 

If SI were to spend an FM development cycle with the one big feature being a wholesale improvement of the UI I would say that was a cycle well spent.

I'd more than happily spend my £35 on that. 

Edited by anagain
Wrote this in a hurry and maybe was a but harsh - minor edits

3 minutes ago, Alannnnn said:

Can you still not view any trophies you won in the past? Or they still lumbered in with manager of the month awards and such nonsense like that? It's mad you can't even view a clear list of trophies won over a career. 

Home > My History > Job History

Far right column shows competition wins :thup:

1 hour ago, Fieldsy said:

Have hardly had the chance to play but was eddie Howe manager of Newcastle when the game was released? From memory when I bout fm22 and loaded it on release day, the job was vacant? 

Data lock was sometime before the actual release day, so it may not have been confirmed at that time.

26 minutes ago, FrazT said:

Data lock was sometime before the actual release day, so it may not have been confirmed at that time.

No what I meant was that he is Newcastle manager in my game, as is conte at Spurs.  I thought data lock was last week of October or somewhere around then?  Therefore the Newcastle job should be vacant? Did I miss a small data update?

okay..the "wants a new contract" situtation is completely out of hand. player signs a new contract in january, going from 180k/month to 750k/month. It's november now, so not even a year passed, he wants a new contract. Like WTF?!

It's making impossible to build and maintain a squad like this. Imagine in RL players demanding new contracts all the time. And if you tell him that he has just signed a new contract few months ago he is getting angry and frustrated, morale goes down and others think he deserves a new contract, ignoring the fact that he actually got a raise of almost 600k/month plus sign on fee of 5 milion. Stupid and frustrating ,it's what it is. Can we please get a fix for this?????????

25 minutes ago, luka_zg said:

okay..the "wants a new contract" situtation is completely out of hand. player signs a new contract in january, going from 180k/month to 750k/month. It's november now, so not even a year passed, he wants a new contract. Like WTF?!

It's making impossible to build and maintain a squad like this. Imagine in RL players demanding new contracts all the time. And if you tell him that he has just signed a new contract few months ago he is getting angry and frustrated, morale goes down and others think he deserves a new contract, ignoring the fact that he actually got a raise of almost 600k/month plus sign on fee of 5 milion. Stupid and frustrating ,it's what it is. Can we please get a fix for this?????????

The best way to have this fixed is to upload a save in the Bugs forum from just before the message and the Devs can have a look- we all agree that this is a frustrating issue that needs to be looked at.

21 minutes ago, Theodore Twombly said:

I'm guessing there is some kind of logic string which creates this text if a player isn't at PA?

I very much doubt this spell will be what 'his doubters' look at when assessing the career of Dani Carvajal.

The news item makes no sense.

sdfsdfsdf.jpg

Yeah, it's ridiculous. I lost count of how many times I came across that message on FM21. Even had it when I sold a fast-declining 36-year-old midfielder to a lower-league club.

If you think this is a bug, then by all means report it. It's one of those things that definitely needs looking it.

Feels like a minor thing but is there a way to get scouts to let you know that a player they are assessing has moved clubs? I get them if they are on the shortlist but I don't always want to shortlist every player I'm scouting.

It means lots of reports are wasted as the target is suddenly unavailable but it also an odd immersion breaker. I recently had a scout looking at a player from Hadjuk who then moved to Aston Villa. Did the scout move from Croatia to Birmingham to follow him but not tell anyone?

1 hour ago, Theodore Twombly said:

I'm guessing there is some kind of logic string which creates this text if a player isn't at PA?

I very much doubt this spell will be what 'his doubters' look at when assessing the career of Dani Carvajal.

The news item makes no sense.

sdfsdfsdf.jpg

It's the Shaun Rooney effect, Carvajal only scored one winning goal in a cup final so there's are serious doubts over his ability to replace the man with two :D

Edited by Rooneys 32nd minute headers

Game is so annoying, is anyone seeing any snow in the game? Played an away game in Russia in winter and there is no snow whatsoever (already reported this in the bug but been told that snow is visible in the game though  I'm yet to see it. If it's jsut me someone please show screenshots)and has anyone seen the gk save a penalty during a match, because they all seem to go in regardless of the quality of the taker ot keeper?

48 minutes ago, Metal said:

Game is so annoying, is anyone seeing any snow in the game? Played an away game in Russia in winter and there is no snow whatsoever (already reported this in the bug but been told that snow is visible in the game though  I'm yet to see it. If it's jsut me someone please show screenshots)and has anyone seen the gk save a penalty during a match, because they all seem to go in regardless of the quality of the taker ot keeper?

Can't remember seeing any snow in my games (playing in EPL). Penalty saves I have seen a few times both in matches and penalty shoot-outs.

2 hours ago, Metal said:

Yes for the snow - rare, but I just had a game away against Basel where the pitch was covered in snow. Looked pretty bad, graphics-wise, though. And yes for the goalkeepers saving penalties, too, both during the match and in penalty shootouts.

2 hours ago, Metal said:

Playing in Denmark and I have seen on some matches snow.

26 minutes ago, f.zaarour said:

But also the numbers of a game. How is it possible that u got 20 shots and 12 on goal, opponent 2 or 3 and they still got 60% plus possession, and that many games, it makes no sense! Sadly.

It is possible for one team to have more possession while the other has more shots. Just as it's possible for a team to dominate the stats and still lose.

I'll give you an example of how it could happen. Team A could be playing very direct football and having a shot at every opportunity. Team B could be very patient and safe in possession, thus keeping the ball for longer, while only shooting whenever there's a clear-cut opportunity.

As I see it, the big possession issue right now is with defensive teams passing the ball far too conservatively and not being pressed hard enough. That's what is screwing up the stats.

Got a really bad glitch with promises just now. A bid came in for my backup LB right after the Jan transfer window closed on Feb 1st. The player wants the move but was happy with my response "I can't let you go until the end of the season, but I can see you're desperate to leave so if there's still interest then, I'll let you go"

So I rejected the bid thinking I had until the summer, the next day he's now "unhappy promise not kept to sell him" 

Now I'm faced with making him unhappy since there's no way around this broken promise that I can see. In the 2nd conversation that he's already mad that I didn't keep my promise there is the option to say I need you until end of season. Which he replies that's not good enough....despite already agreeing to it!

Must be a glitch, and a semi game breaking one, very frustrating!

8 minutes ago, CFuller said:

It is possible for one team to have more possession while the other has more shots. Just as it's possible for a team to dominate the stats and still lose.

I'll give you an example of how it could happen. Team A could be playing very direct football and having a shot at every opportunity. Team B could be very patient and safe in possession, thus keeping the ball for longer, while only shooting whenever there's a clear-cut opportunity.

As I see it, the big possession issue right now is with defensive teams passing the ball far too conservatively and not being pressed hard enough. That's what is screwing up the stats.

If it happens once oke, but i happens to much and the numbers are way to unrealistic. My last game for example. Won 2-0 vs Juve. 22,11 shots and Juve 1,1 only. 0,06 xG, i had 1,90 xG. And they had 62% possession. That makes no sense. But u said it alrdy, its a known issue ive seen, that explains it, but its a huge bug there which can be annoying for many. 

Oh yeah, the possession issue is a bit of a deal-breaker with me. It's just not realistic to see weaker teams recording 55%+ possession and 90%+ passes completed just through endlessly passing the ball across their defence while the opposition sit back and admire.

I enjoyed playing the demo a few weeks ago and would like to buy the full game, but I'm holding off until the first major update.