England V Russia - Group B - ITV1 KO: 20:00

Djstu23

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes left not 10.

Would you not want Vardy on if you're playing on the counter?

17 mins left when? on 73 mins? why is that relevant Russia scored in injury time not on 73 mins.

You still didn't answer if you are English or not btw.

Why can't we play this?

--r------Smalling----Cahill----

Walker----------------------Rose

-------Alle-----------Dier

-------------Rooney

-----Kane---Vardy----Strurridge

We will struggle without a keeper tbf.

lallana and sterling should just get on the first plane home and kane might aswel pack his bags.

whats the point of your main striker taking corners?

Would have brought kane off and stuck vardy or rashford on for abit of pace cause russia kept pushing up

Ahh what a beautiful day!

England lose, all the infighting starts, many lels were had!

You guys need to face facts that you suck at football. You only have a good league because of foreign players. England is trash at all sports they invented!

Wait a sec, who lost?

17 mins left when? on 73 mins? why is that relevant Russia scored in injury time not on 73 mins.

When England scored. 17 minutes to make changes and get a second. Not cling on to a 1-0.

Oh i didn't see the question. Makes no difference if i am or not tbh. Racist.

Why can't we play this?

-------------Rooney

That will see them press up against a defence & take away a lot of the space for Vardy to use his key strength.

lallana and sterling should just get on the first plane home and kane might aswel pack his bags.

whats the point of your main striker taking corners?

Would have brought kane off and stuck vardy or rashford on for abit of pace cause russia kept pushing up

I thought Lallana was decent today, especially in the first half. Was a lot less effective in the second half though and should have come off by then. Agree on Sterling being drek though.

I think that Drinkwater was a must. Rooney looked good today, but I don't think he'd be able to handle the tempo against any stronger opposition.

4-3-1-2 would be a lot better option for England considering how useless Lallana and Sterling were today. Rooney on 10.

And he says that Vardy should have been brought on because we were counter attacking yet from everything I saw were doing everything but counter attacking...charlatan.

He wasn't awful, he was fine. Made a few iffy decisions but he carried the ball well on the counter and was hampered by Kane's dreadful movement. It was no surprise that Russia scored after Sterling came off. Hodgson removed our only pacey forward and that meant that Russia could push higher up the pitch.

Hodgson cost us the game today.

The nerve of claiming my post was 'toss' and then coming out with that :D

Sterling was clearly terrible. Constantly lost the ball, ran in to a dead end etc... And saying Sterling coming off had anything to do with us conceding. Priceless.

Fighting in the stadium by England fans. SMH

This massive hate on England fans narrative is getting so boring. Most of the fighting that has happened in the last few days has sparked from Marseille ultras and Russian hooligans. The fighting in the stadium was started by Russian fans. A lot of people so keen to slate the England fans at any opportunity.

I think that Drinkwater was a must. Rooney looked good today, but I don't think he'd be able to handle the tempo against any stronger opposition.

4-3-1-2 would be a lot better option for England considering how useless Lallana and Sterling were today. Rooney on 10.

Laughable.

You guys need to face facts that you suck at football. You only have a good league because of foreign players. England is trash at all sports they invented!

Still better than wanky Australia. And we didn't lose you ****.

Sterling & Lallana needed to be providing crosses & through balls rather than being on the receiving end on the final ball, Roy appeared to get his attacking systen inverted.

When England scored. 17 minutes to make changes and get a second. Not cling on to a 1-0.

They weren't clinging for 17 mins though, if you claim otherwise you must be blind.

Taking Rooney off was a little odd but Wilshere did a similar job, not many managers would swop Sterling/Lallana for a striker at that stage unless the shape changed to two up top.

Milner for Sterling showed the mistake of not taking more wingers but 9/10 we hold on with few issues and its a solid performance.

Oh i didn't see the question. Makes no difference if i am or not tbh.

It makes a big difference given your posts in this thread, if you are you should be thoroughly embarrassed tbh.

Sorry to disappoint you but it's pretty obvious from this thread that we already know this and accept that fact. :D

Why can't we play this?

-------------Rooney

That looks like a terrible idea, you'd be playing 2 strikers on wings, what's the point. Don't think that team would defend particularly well neither.

Notice that's very different from what you tried vs Portugal, that might've looked like 2 strikers on wings at times whilst defending, but Rooney was the #10 and could drop into midfield. You can't turn Vardy into that type of player, and Rooney would have to play as a much deeper MC like today.

lallana couldnt finish his dinner.

He was involved in a lot of England's most dangerous moments in the first half, though. If he was able to finish he'd be a must as he could've had 2 goals today. But the moment he starts to slip out of the game, that's when you need to take him off and bring on someone that can renew the energy in midfield.

This massive hate on England fans narrative is getting so boring. Most of the fighting that has happened in the last few days has sparked from Marseille ultras and Russian hooligans. The fighting in the stadium was started by Russian fans. A lot of people so keen to slate the England fans at any opportunity.

They're all equally to blame, I imagine there where a number on England fans in areas they shouldn't have been after buying from unofficial sources which will not have helped keep a lid on things.

That will see them press up against a defence & take away a lot of the space for Vardy to use his key strength.

Pushing up against us only creates space for Vardy to run into. The problem is Sterling will drift wide and cut off Rose bombing forward. Lallana isnt that good in front of goal and wont run at defenders so Kane is too isolated.

It makes a big difference given your posts in this thread, if you are you should be thoroughly embarrassed tbh.

What are you on about?

England score on 73 minutes. Vardy should have come on for the counter attack (despite what Rebel watched there was more space after the goal that Vardy would have exploited) and just generally closing down defenders.

What are you on about?

England score on 73 minutes. Vardy should have come on for the counter attack (despite what Rebel watched there was more space after the goal that Vardy would have exploited) and just generally closing down defenders.

Who does Vardy come on for?

The only real option is Kane and I would agree it was an option that may or may not have helped.

If you think he should have come on for Sterling or Lallana then I'm lost for words.

They're both better than Russia based on the game earlier today. If we can't smash that Russia side I don't hold much hope for smashing Slovakia or Wales.

yeah but on any other day we win today 3-0 or 4-0. bad luck, move on.

What are you on about?

No there wasn't, where are you getting this from? There is no one else who thinks this ffs.

They're all equally to blame, I imagine there where a number on England fans in areas they shouldn't have been after buying from unofficial sources which will not have helped keep a lid on things.

They're not all equally to blame if Russians are entering areas they shouldn't be to start fights. There's numerous videos and pictures all over the internet right now showing locals and England fans trying to jump barricades to AVOID the Russians.

Who does Vardy come on for?

The only real option is Kane and I would agree it was an option that may or may not have helped.

If you think he should have come on for Sterling or Lallana then I'm lost for words.

Really? Sterling coming off for Vardy has you lost for words? Really? :D

I'd have taken Kane off for Vardy.

Still not embarrassed by that opinion btw.

Funny how England Fans are always in the middle of it but never their fault.

Funny how England Fans are always in the middle of it but never their fault.

What can they do if they get attacked by French and Russian ultras/ hooligans? :D

Irish getting in on the act it seems tonight now.

How did the Wallabies do today?

Listening to Talksport and Collymore is asking what you'd give the team out of 10 tonight. Think I'd go for 6.5. Controlled it, but would have liked a few more chances...goals will come I think. Draw was undeserved tonight though, we definitely deserved to win that match. Hey ho tho...we play like that against Wales and Slovakia and we should be through I'd hope.

Got to agree that Vardy for Kane would have helped. Not so much for the counter attacking but more to bring some energy and pressing when the centre mids dropped deeper.

Of course I probably would have done that even before the goal as Kane was far from his best today.

Archived