Manchester United Thread 2015/16

Harryseaess

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

annoying to lose a game that we've dominated AND created chances in, and generally played quite well in. unlucky goal from the corner as well. i don't think this one's van gaal's fault.

and i know he didn't score but martial looks 10x more effective than rooney in the role.

annoying to lose a game that we've dominated AND created chances in, and generally played quite well in. unlucky goal from the corner as well. i don't think this one's van gaal's fault.

and i know he didn't score but martial looks 10x more effective than rooney in the role.

Martial I thought played well should have played it into him more often, Seemed to hold it up well and lay people in.

Agree with this. Felt Martial looked very good despite not really creating much of a chance for himself, but still seemed to bring everyone else into play and drag defenders around.

Really so i'm a **** because I think he's too slow, Great thought process!

Mate I just think you lose so much with him at left back, So give over.

Danny Blind as you called him is 54 years old, he is also a manager so yes, at left back he could be quite weak... :D

Martial did well, looks a little bit lightweight which is understandable considering his age but he linked up with those around him really well.

Just a bit of a **** night all round really, Shaw getting injured and LvG getting his subs wrong plus a pretty sloppy evening in front of goal.

Not sure how Mata stayed on the pitch as long as he did, he doesn't do well in the no. 10 role.

Martial did well, looks a little bit lightweight which is understandable considering his age but he linked up with those around him really well.

he's quite a bit bigger than i thought he was actually. physicality's not going to be an issue for him at least. it's just learning how to use his body better which will obviously come with experience etc. impressed with him so far, loads more to come.

Awful Shaw injury (without trying to get into the debate and whilst I don't think the defender meant anything malicious its still a horribly reckless challenge and a stonewall penalty and red card, thought the ref had an awful game allround to be honest) and result aside was reasonably pleased with the performance as a whole tonight. Loved the look of Martial and Depay linking up and is surely only going to get better, thought the midfield of Schweinsteiger and Herrera added some much need pace and didn't give PSV a chance to settle especially in the 1st half and Darmian aside (who had his 1st bad game since joining us) the defence looked reasonably solid even after Shaw went off.

Fellaini though was just absolutely useless when he came on and his 1st choice is to go backwards every single time, slowed down numerous attacks and gave PSV the chance to get men behind the ball, also haven't got a clue what Mata was thinking when he was played in by Bastian, the pace on the pass was outstanding and its even on his perferred foot! Oh and would be perfectly content with Valencia never stepping foot onto a pitch wearing a united shirt again, so terribly garbage.

Just seen that Shaw broke his leg. Thought he's probably been your best player so far this season. Heartbreaking for him, was absolutely flying and looking like a real player.

Poor guy, hope it doesn't do too much damage to his career

One of Luton's players had the same injury a couple of seasons ago. His leg was broken in the game on New Year's Day and he made his return as a sub (clearly not match fit, it was only a token gesture) on the final game of the season in May. He then did a full pre-season and was back stronger than ever for the start of the following season in August.

Shaw is a few years younger than our guy was and obviously will have the best medical care money can buy, so with a bit of luck he could be back before the end of the season. Lots of variables though, you just have to pray for the best I guess. Awful to see :(

Double fracture is way, way better than tearing ligaments

So you're saying you hate him?

/sid

Terrible evening all around. After that injury I couldn't really care much about the result, although still disappointing we managed to lose. Main thing is I hope Shaw will come back strong. He has a very tough year ahead of him now. It will test him both physically and not least mentally.

he's quite a bit bigger than i thought he was actually. physicality's not going to be an issue for him at least. it's just learning how to use his body better which will obviously come with experience etc. impressed with him so far, loads more to come.

Thought this when he was getting ready to come on on Saturday - looks rather more broad shouldered than I thought.

My concern is that Shaw isn't the fittest of people. I can see him piling on a lot of weight during his absence.

Shaw's arguably the fittest play in the side (before the leg break) the issue was he wasn't looking after himself well enough initally (poor diet/fitness discipline). Changed that around entirely.

Gutted for Shaw. Terrible terrible injury. :( The worst part is not the healing of the broken bones, it's the fact that the foot becomes immobilized during the re-rehabilitation process and scar tissue grows around the tissues, restricting movement later on. Still, he will have the best care in the world and he has every chance of recovering.

Can't you ban him for that lads? Sure that's been a ban worthy offence in the past.

Pretty sure I've seen at least one mod wish an injury to a player before.

I also called someone out for it once, and someone else took a shot at me for it...

FFS. Came home planning to watch the match having had no news except the starting lineup. Site I'm going to watch it on as a highlights package as well as the full match and I see a warning that graphic content is involved. Found out Luke Shaw's leg got snapped. Can't watch it now. Just horrible. Awful game regardless of the result and how we played that. Don't care how bad or good we played. Just have to wipe that match away.

Is it confirmed there isn't significant ligament damage? Absolutely gutted for Shaw, he was really starting to hit his stride and look top quality after a stuttered start. Was looking great for England too. Hope he makes it back before the end of the season and this is not the end of the season for him

Not sure if anyone caught Evra's interview after the match? He was interviewed by a beIN Sports guy, talked a few minutes. Usual 'happy with result' and though they were compact and more experienced in CL than City so was confident. Then he added something along the lines of 'it's particularly good for me cause I am a red for life' with a bit of a smirk

Not sure if mentioned earlier, but Larsson had a similar injury and came back pretty good, so here's hoping :thup:

Hopefully he comes back as strong as Larsson did.

An interesting bit on BBC sport on players that suffered similar injuries and their recovery time. (of course everyone is different)

194 days: England play Germany in a friendly (26 March, 2016)

212 days: Henrik Larsson's recovery time after a double leg break

218 days: Bryan Oviedo's recovery time after a double leg break

243 days: Final day of the Premier League season (15 May, 2016)

250 days: FA Cup final (21 May, 2016)

252 days: Aaron Ramsey's recovery time after a double leg break

269 days: Euro 2016 begins in France (10 June, 2016)

296 days: Eduardo's recovery time after a double leg break

299 days: Euro 2016 final (10 July, 2016)

I would write him off til next season to allow him a full pre season. Maybe bring him on for a token sub appearance in the final premiership game when we win the league and give him the last minute of the champions league final when we are 4-0 up vs Madrid...

Archived