Manchester United Thread 2015/16

Harryseaess

So the feeling is that Madrid will just say "That's fine, we'll pay £xx million for a player we could have had for free in twelve months"? Doesn't seem like the best way to enamour yourself to your prospective new club. I guess if the rumoured release fee is true, it's still good value to them for one of the best keepers in the world.

And United gain a World Class keeper for a year (at an extra cost of about £150k per week) and they're happy to do that to give them time to find a better replacement than Romero, and to guarantee a future fee?

EDIT - Some reports suggest a 50,000,0000 Euro release clause? So his actual future fee has increased beyond what Madrid were allegedly prepared to pay (£29m - whereas that Euro amount is about £36m)

EDIT 2 - Interestingly, that fee would set a World Record fee for a keeper. Sinister :D

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So the feeling is that Madrid will just say "That's fine, we'll pay £xx million for a player we could have had for free in twelve months"? Doesn't seem like the best way to enamour yourself to your prospective new club.

And United gain a World Class keeper for a year (at an extra cost of about £150k per week) and they're happy to do that to give them time to find a better replacement than Romero?

Madrid don't have a say in it, do they? They failed to buy him this summer, that's their problem. And we honestly don't care if they never come back with a bid, means we keep De Gea.

And yes, any team would be happy to have one of the very best keepers in the world for a season

So the feeling is that Madrid will just say "That's fine, we'll pay £xx million for a player we could have had for free in twelve months"? Doesn't seem like the best way to enamour yourself to your prospective new club.

And United gain a World Class keeper for a year (at an extra cost of about £150k per week) and they're happy to do that to give them time to find a better replacement than Romero?

Well they don't have much choice :D. Either they pay up, or they can look elsewhere. I don't see many goalkeepers, of De Gea's age, who are available. Who can they get? They're going to have to pay the money, or go for an inferior goalkeeper.

And yeh, the second part is why it suits Man Utd. As well as the €€€€€

I still don't get it :D :o

The underlying feeling is still that De Gea wants to go to Madrid. I just cannot fathom a way in which their noses aren't put out of joint by the whole affair. On the plus side, in snooping about on tinterwebnet about this contract, I just found a picture of De Gea's girlfriend. :eek:

I hope their noses are disjointed, if not more.

I still don't get it :D :o

The underlying feeling is still that De Gea wants to go to Madrid. I just cannot fathom a way in which their noses aren't put out of joint by the whole affair. On the plus side, in snooping about on tinterwebnet about this contract, I just found a picture of De Gea's girlfriend. :eek:

Whatever happens to their noses is irrelevant. If De Gea wants to play football this season and play in the Euros next summer, he signs a deal. Otherwise he can kiss those things goodbye and it might also completely ruin a move to Spain. This way he's guaranteed this season and summer and he's guaranteed to either continue at Old Trafford (which he really likes fwiw) or going to Madrid next summer.

Guys, could you tell me how the ticket for away CL matches are sold? I'm interested in a match vs CSKA. Are they on general sale?

If not, is it possible to buy several tickets? The home tickets are sold only as a pack of 3 group matches. I'm not very interested in it. So, I hope to somehow get the away tickets to the United stand. Is it possible?

He may very well move next season.

I'm not to sure about the buyout clause though, I mean lot's of players have buyout clauses and are sold for less.

I don't think anyone posting here is naive to think that all the details of this contract are being revealed.

The buyout could be to protect RM from any other club coming in for him, a deal could already be set up to sell him next year for 30m to RM, stick the 50m buyout to ward off interest from other clubs.

Man Utd telling DDG he won't play until his signature is on the page, they agree to sell him at the end of the season if he signs, DDG agrees to the contract and gets his head down and plays this season, then he's off to the Euro's and then RM.

Of course the above could all be BS and he loves Man Utd and wants to stay there for years to come. :D

Think that's a little harsh on Ancelotti. At Chelsea he was bringing through young lads the season they finished second behind us and was bizarrely sacked. McEachran, Kakuta, Bruma and van Aanholt all got game time.

Not really, he's got the worst record with youth players of any manager to win the Champions League. Something like 1 in 20 of the people who make debutes under him play more than 5 matches for the club.

Guys, could you tell me how the ticket for away CL matches are sold? I'm interested in a match vs CSKA. Are they on general sale?

If not, is it possible to buy several tickets? The home tickets are sold only as a pack of 3 group matches. I'm not very interested in it. So, I hope to somehow get the away tickets to the United stand. Is it possible?

In short, you don't.

You need to have held a season ticket for five years to be eligible to apply for away games. Only game I've ever successfully applied for in Europe was Roma away the year after it all kicked off & demand for tickets was low. oh & Moscow but again demand was low.

You could pay for a day trip through the club which I assume they still do but it'll cost you a ridiculous sum of money.

In short, you don't.

You need to have held a season ticket for five years to be eligible to apply for away games. Only game I've ever successfully applied for in Europe was Roma away the year after it all kicked off & demand for tickets was low. oh & Moscow but again demand was low.

You could pay for a day trip through the club which I assume they still do but it'll cost you a ridiculous sum of money.

The Euros aside, which clearly will have played a part in it, could well be that part of the reason behind the prompt signing of the contract is that Mendes is narked off with Real Madrid over the whole thing and the deal going tits up?

So Mendes gets a payment from United for getting the deal with De Gea sorted out. Agrees to the requirements to make Real pay through the nose should they come back in for him & negotiates himself a nice deal out of them for it too.

Wouldn't be surprised if people have been in De Gea's ear like they were with Ronaldo - "they'll mess you around that lot, you've got to play hard ball, they're not to be trusted" etc. So when this all happens, he thinks to himself that he'll sign this contract, because there's no guarantee they'll come back in next summer, there's also no guarantee they'll play fair with their offer either, so this way, it also gives him a far better negotiating position too. He doesn't really want to leave United unless it's to move home to Madrid, not many of the top clubs will be looking for a new keeper next season either, so if Madrid then decide to low ball him like they low ball so many clubs, with his options limited, he may not then be able to go back to United & he'd have to accept that deal.

This deal ensures United, Mendes & De Gea are all protected regardless of what happens next summer. Madrid really have dropped a massive bollock.

That has to be the biggest "Up yours" that we could have sent to Madrid :thup:

I really hope that it was United who messed up the transfer paperwork, troll Real a little bit more :D What absolutely fantastic news. If he starts tomorrow, he is going to get one of the loudest receptions in a long long time, when his name is read out.

Yeah you have to give Ed some credit there, he sure knows how to wind up Real.
That has to be the biggest "Up yours" that we could have sent to Madrid :thup:

Err, he (and United) agreed to sell DDG. Then Real f***ed up. If Real hadn't pulled out or messed it up, DDG would be a Real Madrid player now. Fantastic that DDG has signed a new contract, but I don't see how this is sticking it to Madrid or Perez or whatever. We're simply doing the sensible thing after they messed up.

Hope he plays against Liverpool. No better way to re-introduce him to the team, and then we hopefully school Liverpool.

I think the collapsed transfer had fault on both sides. Real thinking we would cave like everybody usually does when they come calling. United were resigned to losing him & so didn't really care if it was in the window or the coming summer. The pitiful fee was irrelevant. Real realised too late we were standing our ground & when they finally made an offer we found acceptable it was too late.

The new contract for DdG is merely a consequence of his circumstances. He needs to play, he wants to play & it's definitely in his interests to play. He wanted to play for Madrid but he never pushed for it or said anything in public. I don't think he had a problem with signing a new contract.

The whole saga is bad for Madrid because they tried lowballing us & by association they've shown DdG they didn't want to pay the going rate for him.

Err, he (and United) agreed to sell DDG. Then Real f***ed up. If Real hadn't pulled out or messed it up, DDG would be a Real Madrid player now. Fantastic that DDG has signed a new contract, but I don't see how this is sticking it to Madrid or Perez or whatever. We're simply doing the sensible thing after they messed up.

Hope he plays against Liverpool. No better way to re-introduce him to the team, and then we hopefully school Liverpool.

Think you have to acknowledge that Utd did refuse to deal with Madrid until they came up with something half decent, which they refused to do until basically too late, then we refused to trade until we got a keeper in exchange and that all contributed to the ****-up. If it was all a big troll then absolutely brilliant play to Ed. if not then have a pat on the back for standing up to Real.

The Euros aside, which clearly will have played a part in it, could well be that part of the reason behind the prompt signing of the contract is that Mendes is narked off with Real Madrid over the whole thing and the deal going tits up?

God, I hope it was this and not something scummy like we forced him to sign a contract or we wouldn't play him. As for Real, well if there is a minimum release of £35m then they can't be too hard done by. They'll be buying a world class Spanish keeper for the same money we paid for an unproven teenager and transfer fees are only going up these days.

The release could be date specific. So it doesn't activate until after the CL final in may but goes up if they haven't activated it by pre season start date and then up again by the start of the season. Incentives for madrid or whoever to get it done early.

Thats what I would do anyway.

I hope he texts Perez next week, "So fancy doing a deal on Bale now?"

Well this is where the whole idea that this was some masterplan to put Madrid in their place falls down, or I certainly hope so. We're going to be wanting to deal with them again sooner or later, daft to wreck a relationship over one deal.

Would be especially funny if the whole thing was Edurne's doing and he's secretly delighted he isn't being torn away from Juan and Ander, his true loves.

https://twitter.com/Edurnity/status/642327013953511424

Has Wilson actually been loaned yet? LvG seemed to say so at the fan event but today it sounded like it was still a proposal. Derby have seemingly made their interest public but I don't think anything's been confirmed.

He hasnt officially gone.

No one at United has commented on his injury, and given that the game is late afternoon, he will have plenty of time for a late fitness test tomorrow. Bit wierd that MEN are already ruling him out despite not being able to confirm it.

Archived