Manchester United Thread 2015/16

Harryseaess

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe on paper and in the league, but it's nothing really to brag about.

They can win a European cup, qualify for the Champions League and have a lot of momentum going into the summer.

I know you're (probably) only joking but I know which position Id rather be in.

I meant league form and I was joking, but Jose can swing it in our favour :brock:

We're stuck with LVG though, so congrats to Liverpool for finishing above next year :(

I can see him doing it, but her's not exactly the type of striker I'd want the club to build a team around for the next 10 years. We definitely need a striker, but if the choice is between someone like Ibra who is far better and about £50m less expensive and more importantly will be gone in 2 years max giving us time to find someone more suitable to the style we want to play.

Lukaku would be great here but no doubt very expensive. That said in terms of buying new strikers there's the question of how good do we think Rashford can be, and should Martial be playing upfront? If the answers are 'very good/better than Lukaku' and 'yes' then a short term option like Zlatan would be better.

Still done better than Liverpool since Klopp came in :cool:

might ask you how we do compared to a klopp Liverpool over the next few years he is a fantastic manager and has that squad playing good stuff already when he gets the players in he wants god help us

Zlatan, would be fine, a year or 2 gives Martial, Rashford and Wilson a couple of years to reach top the position to go solo.

I agree with this tbf. I'd rather this than spend a ton on Lukaku when we have a couple youngsters who could be very good down the road.

Wouldn't take Lukaku at Utd, feel he's overrated, got that laziness vibe about him too, good goalscoring record but Everton value him way too highly.

Take Zlatan for a season or two, allow Martial to continue to develop further and Rashford to learn from Ibra.

Klopp: '1-0 half time is usually good. Second half - first goal not good but not a problem. But then came the problem.'

Klopp: "Their first goal is not the problem, what happened then is the problem. We were not compact for a second."

Klopp: 'We have had some wonderful situations (past 7 months) but not tonight. We couldn't reach our level.'

Klopp: 'I promise everybody we will use this experience and come back stronger. One hundred percent.'

Klopp: "If we want to get to the highest level then we need to be ready to fall deep. It's a big chance but it's not our last chance." :applause:

what do we get....our expectations are too high

when we win the cup he will be clipping giggs around the head again and strutting around like King Louise......screwy louise more like:thdn:

Wouldn't take Lukaku at Utd, feel he's overrated, got that laziness vive about him too, good goalscoring record but Everton value him way too highly.

Take Zlatan for a season or two, allow Martial to continue to develop further and Rashford to learn from Ibra.

Agree - don't get the Lukaku hype. A better version of Heskey basically.

Lukaku would hardly be the end of the world based on his scoring record in the premiership at what can only be described as lesser teams than us. He would almost certainly score 20+ goals a season.

I don't think he would necessarily be good value though as he will probably cost 40m plus.

He is still young though so would have resale value. But I'd prefer zlatan for a year or two for reasons people have already mentioned.

will reserve judgement on any potential transfers until we have the manager situation sorted if it remains status quo then it doesn't matter who we want to buy, or do buy it will be pointless

If LVG is to be sacked following what happened last time I am sure they will announce it on NYSE first as the decision to offload Moyes, had an effect on United shares listed on the NYSE, they jumped by 7 per cent, adding tens of millions of pounds to the club’s value.

That led to the Wall Street watchdog launching an investigation into the timing of the Moyes announcement, which led to the shares growing in value.

So they have to do it correctly this time or there will be financial penalties

Again, any actual proof of this or are you just repeating a random tweet?

Like I said in the other thread it's from a few tweets. I didn't put it in the best way so I've edited.

will reserve judgement on any potential transfers until we have the manager situation sorted if it remains status quo then it doesn't matter who we want to buy, or do buy it will be pointless

If LVG is to be sacked following what happened last time I am sure they will announce it on NYSE first as the decision to offload Moyes, had an effect on United shares listed on the NYSE, they jumped by 7 per cent, adding tens of millions of pounds to the club’s value.

That led to the Wall Street watchdog launching an investigation into the timing of the Moyes announcement, which led to the shares growing in value.

So they have to do it correctly this time or there will be financial penalties

They don't have to announce it first. They do have to make them aware at some point

Or maybe scouts in general watch a lot of football, and the media are writing bullcrap as usual. "ooooooooh, they were watching this guy." --> "United LINED UP to buy blehadrugyhahr-ovic"

Exactly. Don't we have scouts based all over the globe that are paid to watch games and provide reports from the country they're based in?

It obvious isn't it? We weren't scouting Renato Sanches or Lindelof at Benfica, we were scouting Gaitan. This transfer window will be the one when we finally sign him.

Nobody's told them Garay's moved.

Penny for Pereira's thoughts.

It's come out tonight that he wanted to go on loan in January to develop, but LvG blocked it as he wanted to play him. 43 minutes later, Andrinho's less than happy.

Van Gaal also apparently saying that we deserve to win the Cup because we won at Derby and Shrewsbury.

I read we have been scouting heavily at Palmeries they had 2 standout players in U20 world cup Gabriel Jesus a strong attacking player and João Pedro who looked the best right back in the comp, good going forward and could tackle too, hope he makes it sure he will.

jesus technically was superb in every game but Periera did when he came on too but a little lightweight was hoping LVG would have given him a run but hey he is a flair player who plays off the cuff...he doesn't like that!!!!

His agent also starting to moan stating he was not allowed a loan as LVG gave him assurances but didn't follow through....I hope we don't lose him due to the dutch clown

Gabriel Jesus was excellent at the U20 World Cup. I've seen him a few times for Palmeiras' first team and he's played well without excellng. Joao Pedro was very good too but I'm not sure if he regularly starts for the first team.

Would be happy with both of those, providing they don't cost too much.

João Pedro barely plays.

Gabriel Jesus is superb but I don't think he is ready to play abroad, let alone in a league like England.

its a shame that he looked very good re pedro he has stalled or gone backwards

Gabriel will end up at a big European club soon, it could be this summer just to stop a competitor getting him next year??

its a shame that he looked very good re pedro he has stalled or gone backwards

Gabriel will end up at a big European club soon, it could be this summer just to stop a competitor getting him next year??

Either this year or the January window.

His agent said he won't leave this year.

It's come out tonight that he wanted to go on loan in January to develop, but LvG blocked it as he wanted to play him. 43 minutes later, Andrinho's less than happy.

Van Gaal also apparently saying that we deserve to win the Cup because we won at Derby and Shrewsbury.

I saw this about Pereira, incredibly harsh on the lad if it's true.

Archived