Manchester United Thread 2015/16

Harryseaess

A few media outlets are running with LvG becoming Director of Football and Mourinho coming in as manager...

Somehow I can't see it and I'm guessing they've just ran out of things to write.

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I doubt there is any truth in that and Custis is spouting his usual nonsense after the fat man comment.

Woodward revealed in his investor thing that John Murtough's role is now head of football development which to me sounds just like a DoF. He was brought in by Moyes when he was Premier League's head of elite development.

If you mean him not being in the squad then it's being circulated by quite a few sources including the MEN. If you mean him throwing a strop then yeah that's the usual goss atm.

No TFM in the squad either.

A few media outlets are running with LvG becoming Director of Football and Mourinho coming in as manager...

Somehow I can't see it and I'm guessing they've just ran out of things to write.

They ran out of things to write a good while ago tbf.

CBJ not even in the squad tomorrow let alone the starting 11.

LVG all about the youth.

I think he's been all about saving his job the start of the calendar year.

Hope van Gaal's distaste for high expectations doesn't extend to players, otherwise he's gonna be fewmin at Martial:

My first season has gone 'Okay' but I’m hoping to have a better season next time around.

don't care anymore bored with it all...he has sucked all the enjoyment out of being a Utd fan

love the press conferences though:D

When Palace took the lead my initial reaction was:

"At least is means LVG is getting sacked"

I want to win the FA Cup but I really want LVG out and Mourinho in even more. The thought of LVG in charge next season knowing he is leaving regardless at the end of that season is really hard to stomach!

Look on the bright side of winning: it would be logical for him to use that as a reason to retire

But has LVG done anything even close to logical as our manager so far?

Him winning would show progression, it give us over expectant fans a trophy we haven't won for over a decade so he will probably see it as a logical reason to continue his fantastic job of developing the team :(

Sacking him before the FA Cup would be completely classless from man utd. Never going to happen.

& this, if he is going to get sacked it was never going to be before the FA Cup final, I still have slight hope that if we win he goes as the target wasn't achieved but I won't hold my breath!

I'm even starting to think he will stay if we lose, his excuses will be, joint 4th (due to injuries), FA Cup runners up (due to a sending off/bad refereeing), he will see it as a good season still and Woodward won't have the balls to get rid!

Get in Lingard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rooney great in the middle. Now that he himself believes it is where he should be, he looks top notch. Should get better the more time he plays there too.

Yeah he was great today, never gave the ball away. Not once.

Rooney great in the middle. Now that he himself believes it is where he should be, he looks top notch. Should get better the more time he plays there too.
If Rooney starts in midfield next season we're ****ed. Not good enough.

Somewhere in the middle. Some of his passing has been excellent, some terrible. He can't tackle either. He needs to play further forward.

Somewhere in the middle. Some of his passing has been excellent, some terrible. He can't tackle either. He needs to play further forward.

Nothing against him having time on the ball to get a few good passes and no big issue when he ****s up. But does that sound like the majority of games we'll be playing next season?

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!

Long time coming.

**** you Pardew & your **** dancing.

:D:D:D:D

Made me me laugh harder than I should have

Fellaini should go first...

They can keep each other company in China.

If I had to choose one though, you're right it would be Fellaini. But that doesn't mean Rooney is good enough for us now. And trying to change his game and shoe horn him in proves as much. If he does stay, which I'm sure he will, he should be used to the benefit of the team and starting every game isn't that.

Nothing against him having time on the ball to get a few good passes and no big issue when he ****s up. But does that sound like the majority of games we'll be playing next season?
Yes. Most of the season has involved United carefully stroking the ball from side to side whilst the opposition defence calmly reorganises and gets players behind the ball, safe in the knowledge that United will give them the ball back with sloppy pass before they even think of playing it in behind the defence or taking a shot. Rooney's virtue is that his passes are much more frequently direct and trying to make things happen, even though he's certainly not the best passer in the side. He also works harder defensively than any of this season's midfield bar Schneiderlin, though that's not saying much.

Archived