World Cup Final: Germany vs Argentina - 13th July 20:00 BST

gillsminnow

Who will win the World Cup?  

119 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the World Cup?

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The two teams who i thought were the most likely teams to win the WC were Germany and Argentina.

Had Argentina to win the WC and Messi to finish top goalscorer as one bet but Messi needs 3 goals to be top scorer now so that's very unlikely to happen.

Anyway i don't expect the game to be a classic, Argentina will try and stop Germany playing, lots of little tackles and whatnot from Argentina to try and stop Germany's rhythm but i can't see past a relative routine win for Germany.

So Webb just got one game in the tournament then?

Unbelievable isn't it. The great Howard Webb overlooked in favour of lesser mortals.

I was sure he would get a Dutch game, just to help him break the ice with Louis Van Gaal in preparation for next season :D

Unbelievable isn't it. The great Howard Webb overlooked in favour of lesser mortals.

I was sure he would get a Dutch game, just to help him break the ice with Louis Van Gaal in preparation for next season :D

I was waiting to see if he got a Dutch game to launch a "being introduced to his new boss" line for maximum japes! :brock:

Germany think they've won it already and will dominate for years!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28279994

Not that I'm going to disagree.

if they win tonight, I could see them winning Euro 2016 with that team. Would depend on how the team ages/new players develop for the 2018 World Cup though. The barrier of getting past Semi Finals has been broken through and going on to win the thing will do a lot for that team

not really that bothered about the result tonight, hoping for a decent game. If Germany win, it's a generation who deserves to win a major title and if Argentina win, Messi has won the World Cup which gets dragged up any time there is a conversation about him

Argentina XI vs. Germany: Romero; Zabaleta, Demichelis, Garay, Rojo; Biglia, Mascherano, Perez; Lavezzi, Messi, Higuaín

Germany XI vs. Argentina: Neuer; Lahm, Hummels, Boateng, Höwedes; Schweinsteiger, Khedira; Müller, Kroos, Özil; Klose.

Would love Messi to turn it on tonight, bag a hat trick and lead Argentina to the title just to shut up the people that say he has to win the world cup to be called a great player.

Me too, would mean my bet would come in.

Though Messi isn't going to score an hat-trick tonight.

Why are neutrals (well, 'neutrals') supporting Argentina and their boring style of football? Is it purely because of Messi? (Not knocking those wanting Argentina, genuine question...I thought neutrals would rather Germany because they've played better football by far)

Why are neutrals (well, 'neutrals') supporting Argentina and their boring style of football? Is it purely because of Messi? (Not knocking those wanting Argentina, genuine question...I thought neutrals would rather Germany because they've played better football by far)

Happy to help :)

Not really fussed who wins tbh, I like many of the German players so happy if they win, though I would love to see Messi win the world cup.

Have picked Argentina for the poll simply because most have gone for Germany :D

There is your answer.

Anyone But Germany for me.

And Messi

it's Messi really, makes it sound like nobody likes the rest of the team though :D

Germany deserve it on the basis of the tournament, despite their blips

Nothing to like tbh :D They've all been terrible except for the back four and Mascherano.

Fully expect Germany to control the tempo from the word go and will take the sting out of the game, before turning it up a gear after 15 minutes and get the possible 1/2 goals that'll win the game and wait for Argentina to open up before sucker punching and killing it off completely.

Demichelis to go from a scapegoat at City, to a crucial rock and now a potential World Cup winner in a space of 12 months :cool:

He's a good luck omen, didn't even play for Atletico but his fleeting presence still did the job.

Archived