The Official England World Cup Thread

AndyFal36

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Please don't let this be the injury that rules a player out :(

Looking like it could be ligament damage. Really hope it's just a strain or something, but even something like that could be 2-3 weeks which would rule him out of the group stages and possibly last 16 still :(

hope its nothing with ox. i'd start him in the centre as he's one of the few in the team that can actually win the ball back in a vital area. him henderson and gerrard for me with the 2 most forward capable of making late runs in to the box with or without the ball.

People saying it should clearly be a red card or you crazy and others it clearly shouldn't be a red otherwise you are mental just shows how impossible it is to be a ref.

p.s. clear red going at real speed the first time you saw it. What a freeze frame shows at a certain angle is pointless until we get robot refs.

People saying it should clearly be a red card or you crazy and others it clearly shouldn't be a red otherwise you are mental just shows how impossible it is to be a ref.

p.s. clear red going at real speed the first time you saw it. What a freeze frame shows at a certain angle is pointless until we get robot refs.

agree with this. People so binary in their views nowadays. One extreme or another constantly.

Was a stupid tackle for a friendly

Seems like Ox may be out of World Cup.

Who's next in line to replace him from a winger perspective?

Carrick?

I'd rather him than Tom Cleverley.

What strikers are on standby? Defoe? Could take him and just use Welbeck as a winger.

Yellow card for each was enough there.

What?! Grabbing someone round the throat twice isn't a red card? Jesus. Sterling's should have been a booking for being reckless.

Linesman signalling for a Ecuador throw says it all tbh. Clearly doesn't even think it should have been a free kick for Sterlings tackle but looking back a yellow would have been fair.

Think a couple of yellows would have sufficed there. Tackle didn't look a red, nor did Valencia's reaction. Ref totally wanted the glory there, did you see the way he thrust those red cards into the air?

I wouldn't have given a red for the challenge. Oh no, he caught him ... in football, no less! Jeez, he was trying to win the ball back. Valencia's reaction was totally over the top and I don't think Sterling would have had a red if not for that reaction. It certainly didn't help. He deserved a red for his reaction but I'd have told them both to calm down. It's a friendly, ffs do we need to be chucking reds about?

Yeah, the ref loved that too :D

Game was generally annoying in that our defence is so ragged. I know it's not our first choice but still. Awful and it cost us. I didn't think Ecuador were all that and I don't think France will quaking in their boots. Should have won the game

Rooney was well happy with that goal, gave it the fist pump. I like Barkely, any big game in the season and each international he's shown he's not scared, he's happy to take responsibility on the ball and to drive forward and I just hope Hodgson isn't afraid to bring players like that on

I think we can end the Milner right back experiment. Shame about Ox, hope he doesn't miss out. Was just saying about waiting for an injury. Wilshere is frustrating. He'll lay a ball off, run and then bump and go to ground. We're either gonna end up with a lot of free kicks or a big whole in midfield. He is constantly on the floor.

I think with the heat against Italy we'll start with Henderson anyway, less risky with the ball

We have some useful weapons on the bench, some youth and speed but I hope we use them in the right way. I am wondering if we'll start Milner against Italy and bring Sterling off the bench for 30

I hope there are no suspensions for this red card silliness

It was one of those tackles that you think that was a bit clumsy, then when play goes on its completely forgotten about. If Valencia doesn't react, Ecuador just take their throw and no one even considers it to have been a Red card offence as it isn't ever mentioned again

Archived