Football Manager 2014 Beta Update and Demo FEEDBACK THREAD

When I ordered it, I was told that it didn't include beta and would only be playable upon release. I put in the key on Steam to do the pre-download expecting it to pre-install until midnight and the full game loaded.

Have you got access to the editor? That would be a way of checking if you have full version

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GPU assisted, will quit game after this match and restart with software..... see what difference that makes

It wouldn't work with software rendering, so there's no need. As I posted before in this thread, this seems to be an issue affecting a few people but not all that we've been unable to reproduce internally at the moment. We are however looking into it. Can you please confirm if this feature ever worked while you've had the pre-release beta?

LOL - We have lost our pre-release day sense of humours :D

Issues with GKs distrubution, FB ratings and defending, Transfers figures, No of Shots, CCC's, Free Kicks rarely scoring we know about.

Team Meeting responses lack atmosphere and are short lived. No meetings are really that short and not participated in

Strikers dont appear to be the greater contrubutors of goals

On the plus side as it always its an improvement year on year, game play looks fluid, I love the goal mouth scrambles and keeper reaction saves. Game feels more immersive. I like it

Just wanted to pick this out, as I think it summarizes the major issues currently.

Would be interested to know how many of these are resolved with the next update.

It wouldn't work with software rendering, so there's no need. As I posted before in this thread, this seems to be an issue affecting a few people but not all that we've been unable to reproduce internally at the moment. We are however looking into it. Can you please confirm if this feature ever worked while you've had the pre-release beta?

The feature worked for me until the last beta update, now it does not work.

Ah, I see. Thanks for the reply Mr G. Yes, it worked fine on my first save game a few days ago, no problems. I created a new game this morning and haven't been able to hide it on this game.

I've had to stop near the end of the season in my file because of the whole fullbacks and ratings issues. But I get the feeling the team is performing far weaker than originally, I had them working like a well-oiled machine throughout the season, pressure only crept into the odd player, if anything I was battling compalacency and I thought the new team talks and interaction was allowing me to deal with it in an effecient manner.

Now it's like I'm back at pre-season, nerves everywhere, they play as if they haven't won a match yet. Awkward(!) I can deal with that, I can compensate somewhat, but the ratings, gods the ratings! And the defending.

Hopefully those get sorted pronto. Hopefully the little things like the 'loan parting comments' gets fixed too. Haven't had the transfer bug yet cos I'm in the lower leagues so :(

I'm seeing a lot players that move on big transfer fees to big clubs on relatively small wage. It seems a bit off, seeing as me being a midtable club have to pay worse players a lot more.

Examples:

Inigo Martinez -> Real Madrid - £16.75m - Wage: £22k p/w

Marco Veratti -> Real Madrid - £22.5m - Wage: £37k p/w

Gino Peruzzi -> Real Madrid - £17.75m - Wage: £26.5k p/w

Wilfried Bony -> Arsenal - £9m - Wage £11k p/w

El Shaarawy -> Man Utd - £35m - Wage: £68k p/w

Rondon -> Bayern M. - £17.75m - Wage: £37k p/w

In addition the richer clubs like City, PSG, Monaco etc are paying around £40k-70k to most new signings.

Still having the problem of when I unsubscribe to an item, and hit confirm, I find that I'm still subscribed to that item upon hitting continue. The same thing happened in FM13. Anyone else?

Please post in the bugs forum here: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/348-Media-News-and-Press-Conferences

Make sure you upload a save game and give specific steps to reproduce please. Thanks!

When I ordered it, I was told that it didn't include beta and would only be playable upon release. I put in the key on Steam to do the pre-download expecting it to pre-install until midnight and the full game loaded.

It's still the beta, as the beta is also a full version. (without the editor)

Can you please confirm what version you are on by clicking on the FM menu -> "About Football Manager"?

I know you asked this to Daylight, but as I'm in exactly the same boat (used to work fine but no longer hides after last update), here's mine...

14.1.1 437482 (m.e v1426)

• SI Staff
Is zonal marking and man marking choice still in game cos can't find anywhere,also after say five seasons have progressed does the FMC produce newgens or regens

If you want to man mark you need to specify the opponent(s) now.

okay , can anyone tells me what will be the difference between current beta and the full game :confused:

I think Paul C has already said the ME will be the current build i.e. the same as it is now, on official release, though of course I'm sure they'll keep working on the ME and update as they're ready to do so.

But that's not to say there won't be other fixes, I guess just wait and see.

My laptop blew up yesterday and I was wondering if I could install my game via steam on another PC then when my laptop gets fixed this weekend uninstall it from there and carry on playing in the laptop?

You can install it on as many PCs as you want.

After winning the League and Champions League with spurs in my fifth season my team has completely collapsed since the update. My tactics do not work at all and it's not just limited to poor ratings for my fullbacks as my inside forwards now are useless aswell. Nearly every match I play one fullback and one inside forward will have a five rating!! Sometimes a centre back chucked in too. Was really enjoying it but feels like a bit of a lottery now. Shame because my most promising regen is a right back and he was quality last season.

Also I can't request a new contract in the board meeting options now, the option has completely vanished it's not just greyed out.

Just found a few problems, sorry if it has already been noted.

1/ When you click on any club infor screen, there is no league history.

2/ Every player has in their playing history 'Algeria'

I assume he means to just close it and re-open. Could mean to start a new game though of course.

More likely to start a new game.

I don't even know why are people bothered starting a new game on BETA. It's BETA for a reason. I always wait couple of days until the full release in case they release an update, so I start playing as much updated game as it can be. When I've waited couple of months I can wait couple of more days. The changes fully apply only when you start a new game.

I'll start my save game on Monday next week. :)

I don't even know why are people bothered starting a new game on BETA. It's BETA for a reason. I always wait couple of days until the full release in case they release an update, so I start playing as much updated game as it can be. When I've waited couple of months I can wait couple of more days. The changes fully apply only when you start a new game.

Because even dev started playing their proper game during beta?

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/366556-Wait-for-release-day-for-PROPER-save

But anyway I think I will just restart after when the game is released.

Because even dev started playing their proper game during beta?

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/366556-Wait-for-release-day-for-PROPER-save

But anyway I think I will just restart after when the game is released.

It doeasn't matter to them. Thy're not THAT MUCH into their saves as we are.

Because the community want to help improve the game. We play the BETA so we can help spot the bugs so they get fixed more quickly. That way, its a better experience for everyone. Always good if we all help each other :)

Because the community want to help improve the game. We play the BETA so we can help spot the bugs so they get fixed more quickly. That way, its a better experience for everyone. Always good if we all help each other :)

I didn't express myself very well. Starting a new game and playing it for that cause is perfectly fine, but starting a proper long-ter saving game is what i was reffering to.

It might not matter to them but they did tell that guy that it was fine to start now.

It's fine to sart at any time, but it's better to wait couple of days until the full release in case they release an upadate or two in that time. :)

Hi everyone. :)

Very excited for the full release later tonight. :)

Do you think the major issues people are discussing will be fixed for the full release, or would it be better to wait a few days before starting a long term game?

The biggest 2 problems for me are the transfers, which I hope will be fixed.

The other is the horrendous defending and low ratings given so early in the game, these will not be fixed for release as PaulC has said that the ME we have now will be the release version.

I will just have to wait for the next ME update.

It's fine to sart at any time, but it's better to wait couple of days until the full release in case they release an upadate or two in that time. :)

Yes I agree with you on that, was just pointing to you why most people think its fine to start their proper game during beta.

Do you think the major issues people are discussing will be fixed for the full release, or would it be better to wait a few days before starting a long term game?

There are so many problems that popped up with the last patch... I doubt they'll have most of the issues fixed.

My only hope is that they don't wait for the first big update to patch all these game breaking issues.... but then, they're a game company with a fantastic repeat customer base... I'm sure FM 14 will sell well even if it plays like crap.

This is the first time I pre-purchased the game in 7 years of playing up to date FM games. I think how they handle the new broken stuff will inform my decision of whether or not i pre-purchase the game (for full price) in the future, or wait a few months for it to go on sale (like it always does). So far, my biggest regret in pre-order was deleting all my FM 13 stuff =P

Sounds very good that you want to look at non-tackling defending. The low amount of tackles in real life is likely due to the player with the ball having to shield the ball from the pressing defender (in FM there is no need to), and thus his team loses possession because of a lack of precision and success rate - not from being tackled. Also a successful dribble might not necessarily mean that the attacker retains control of the ball; taking on one man and then attempting another will likely lead to walking into a crowd. This is why it is so important that the pressing defender must have cover behind him - otherwise he should stay put. In FM14 my full backs close down the winger completely alone, with the rest of his teammate 15-20 meters away in or around the box. That is terrible defending!

The issue with keeper distribution is not so much that he chooses to kick it long, but that the success rate of possession retention is extremely low in my experience. A goal kick is almost a guaranteed ping back in the face. That, together with an enormous amount of panicked clearances that in no way releases pressure, ensures almost no midfield battle at all. The play is camped in front of both goals.

On another note:

I played 3-6-1 counter in a match and still didn't manage to prevent the opponent playing through the tightly packed midfield. The string of perfect passing was not affected by anything I did. Mostly, my midfielders just stood there watching, walking here and there without ever getting close to an opponent.

I will be happy providing a .pkm with a full minute-by-minute analysis once I get home from work, and post it in the ME bugs forum as well. I'll try to avoid sarcasm ;)

This is a sound post, its not the number of tackles being put in that the problem it’s the ability of payers to (a) press and (b) position themselves in a realistic way, as I said in an earlier post it appears that once an attacker gets close to the byline the defender just gives up thus allowing a free cross every time, in real life the defenders job is to stop that cross in any way he can within the laws of the game, if he can’t win the ball he’s got to get it into touch.

The biggest 2 problems for me are the transfers, which I hope will be fixed.

The other is the horrendous defending and low ratings given so early in the game, these will not be fixed for release as PaulC has said that the ME we have now will be the release version.

I will just have to wait for the next ME update.

Ratings does seem too harsh for FB/WB players. I see these players get low ratings if they're not involved too much or of they're only winning <50% of the headers. The vast majority of my and the AI's key tackles are also being made by fullbacks. I'll see 2-5 key tackles per fullback where my other players have 0.

Same as every year - not every bug will be fixed in time and there will be a series of hotfixes over the coming days and weeks. The longer you can hold off starting a major campaign, the better. What I intend to do is noodle about in the editor, then start a non-serious practice season, before starting again when I sense that the major issues have been resolved. I very much doubt there'll be any gamebreakers after 2 or 3 months like in previous years, so I'm prepared to hold back.

In FM13 I had a small issue whereby the 2D match engine was a litle choppy in the first half and in the second half it was ok.

In FM14 (Demo) I appear to have a stutter throughout the entire match, it certainly isnt as smooth as it I was expecting- Am I the only one to experience this?

I have a laptop with Win7 Pro Pentium Dual Core with 2gb RAM. i know its not the quickest of machines but I would expect 2D to be ok!

In FM13 I had a small issue whereby the 2D match engine was a litle choppy in the first half and in the second half it was ok.

In FM14 (Demo) I appear to have a stutter throughout the entire match, it certainly isnt as smooth as it I was expecting- Am I the only one to experience this?

I have a laptop with Win7 Pro Pentium Dual Core with 2gb RAM. i know its not the quickest of machines but I would expect 2D to be ok!

Usually one of the first questions would be to ask if your graphics card drivers are up to date. It's made a big difference for me in the past!

Archived