Football Manager 2014 Beta Update and Demo FEEDBACK THREAD

• Administrators
I would say there is a 99.9% chance of a release day patch.

The transfer bug? I can only speak from what I see, if you are meaning the bids coming in being low, well very low then hopefully that will also be fixed, clubs are only offering some 5% of the asking price.

Bids are coming in very low but they can be negotiated up to a more realistic price. As people have already said we're aware of the issue, but do bear in mind it's only the initial bids which are low and not the highest amount the AI will go.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL - We have lost our pre-release day sense of humours :D

Issues with GKs distrubution, FB ratings and defending, Transfers figures, No of Shots, CCC's, Free Kicks rarely scoring we know about.

Team Meeting responses lack atmosphere and are short lived. No meetings are really that short and not participated in

Strikers dont appear to be the greater contrubutors of goals

On the plus side as it always its an improvement year on year, game play looks fluid, I love the goal mouth scrambles and keeper reaction saves. Game feels more immersive. I like it

With the new patch my players look like they have been in a dirty protest, every game they are covered in mud. anyone else getting this?

I just had my first instance of this being ridiculous. I could understand it in matches in torrential rain at a low level, but at the Emirates? no chance

On a well-kept pitch players get wet, not totally brown down both sides

Still playing the same match that prompted my earlier comment, and the rain has stopped and all the mud has gone from the players! I like that weather can change during a game, but sadly I didn't notice if my players are clean from changing kits at half-time or if the mud magically disappeared

So, I've finally got my hands on the demo- I expect to be all up in this thread very shortly.

However, one thing I haven't seen anyone note is that nicknames don't seem to appear in 3D mode any more- although they're there in the commentary, they don't appear above the players heads. As I have two defenders with very similar surnames (Tom Gilbey and Tom Gibley), I'd renamed them (Gill and Gibb respectively) to make it clearer which was which when watching the match, to no avail.

Bids are coming in very low but they can be negotiated up to a more realistic price. As people have already said we're aware of the issue, but do bear in mind it's only the initial bids which are low and not the highest amount the AI will go.

Tbh Neil I was unsure if this was the transfer bug the poster was posting about, although I do not think even an opening bid of 5% is realistic, I am receiving bids for a player that is valued at say 120k I ask for 60k and I get a bid of 3k, is there really a team that would bid that?

Even if there was would there be multiple teams that would bid that sort of thing for multiple players?

If it would ever happen, which I doubt, for sure it happens way to often in the game.

If you would like a wager if we will get a patch/update/added code before or on Thursday I will take that bet.

Can I bet you a potato (say Potato in the Keith Lemon irish voice) ?

We will get something at some point. The key though is to make sure we log all the issues we think we've found in the bugs forum else nothing will get fixed :D

I just had my first instance of this being ridiculous. I could understand it in matches in torrential rain at a low level, but at the Emirates? no chance

On a well-kept pitch players get wet, not totally brown down both sides

Still playing the same match that prompted my earlier comment, and the rain has stopped and all the mud has gone from the players! I like that weather can change during a game, but sadly I didn't notice if my players are clean from changing kits at half-time or if the mud magically disappeared

A minor issue, but still worth to post a bug report.

Well first of all it's just a waste of time, second of all it's just unrealistic and finally it's not true that after the initial approach the figures increase significantly: I got an offere of 750k for a player worth 10 millions, when I asked for 8 they offered me 120k plus 37k in 12 months.

No way I'm gonna play like this.

I may just be paranoid but sometimes I feel that when I tell my players to pass short, they are literally kicking the ball with less power. Meaning sometimes the ball falls short of reaching the player. As if, "well you wanted a short pass, so I'm only kicking it 5 metres, even though the team mate is 6 metres away!"

second season at real madrid trying to sign javi martinez, mata & azpilicueta every offer gets rejected the minimum accepted is 196m.

Add to that de gea & david silva. £195m rejected with no negotiation along the way, yet £196m is acceptable, Weird that every major transfer attempt follows the exact same pattern.

But what about when you are trying to sell players? You offer them out for say 5m, someone offers a non-negotiable 37k bid, you cannot negotiate it therefore cannot sell any players. I never had an issue as i started before the patch, i think it is a problem with the people who have started a new game with the update. My brother downloaded the game and started tonight and he has the issue.

I'm having problems with tactics familiarity.

Y6Iu3Zg.png

It's December and the four that are not fluid do not seem to get there. I have no new players except for promoted players from U-19 and B team (two kids and and one b-team). The four that are fluid took about three weeks to get there.

ROFLMAO(ATC)

I just had Everton comeback from 2 goals down against me with 15 minutes left. I'd taken a two goal lead early, and then lost my LB to a red card for a 2 footed scissor-kick lunge, even though my team's set to stay on feet... so, I countered for the rest, and was doing well, until the game decided Everton were going to come back!

The 2 goals were as follows: 1rst) a long pass to the opposition's lone fwd, saw my CB run away, giving the CF a one on one, where my GK ran away from the net, toward the sideline, before the opp. CF was even within 15 yards of him... allowing a simple open net tap in. 2nd) My GK caught the ball, threw it to one of my CBs, who then, under no pressure, passed it pack to my Gk, who then, under no pressure, laid it off nicely to the opp. CF, with a crisp 5 yard pass, so they could again finish with a nice empty net tap in.

The ticker read: "Everton have clawed back from 2 down!"...

um, yeah... sure...

When have I ever nit-picked before?

If you ask me being rewarded with an EPL job for being one of the worst managers of all time is a bug somewhat more formidable than your common house-nit :)

Rubbish, Curbishley, Di Cannio, Harry,etc, etc :D

Are wages broke? I've got 5.5k p/week available, yet I'm getting told no funds available after a contract is accepted?

Loyalty and Agent's fees now come from your transfer budget

On that note, for anyone complaining that this breaks LLM, try keeping all the terms the player demands as they are, but setting the loyalty and agent's fee to £0 each time. about 70% of players (not calculated but an estimate based on 5 seasons of experience) accept it on the third go.

It works pretty well, although it perhaps makes the system a bit transparent

Loyalty and Agent's fees now come from your transfer budget

On that note, for anyone complaining that this breaks LLM, try keeping all the terms the player demands as they are, but setting the loyalty and agent's fee to £0 each time. about 70% of players (not calculated but an estimate based on 5 seasons of experience) accept it on the third go.

It works pretty well, although it perhaps makes the system a bit transparent

Hmm, the same players are now demanding 3k/week. Wouldn't mind but they were earning less then 400 on there last contracts.

Ok... I'm enjoying the game but I've just played Chelsea away, I'm Villa. There was 50 shots in the game...

45 to Chelsea and 5 for me. I lost the game 4-2. Brought an end to my 7 match unbeaten streak!

This is the worst I've seen the shots in my save.

Shot count in my last 7 games

20, 24, 30, 21, 28, 28, 12

I see the odd high shot game but not often

How do i pick a player to be my playmaker?

Either on the tactics screen re drop down on the players name or in player instructions on the same screen. That takes you to another screen were you can set instructions as well e.g. cross from deep etc

We never know when, only that it will.

Not good enough. You guys had plenty of time to test the ME and should do a better job of testing before and after patches. I spent a lot of money on the game and have played CM/FM since the early 90's. I always support you guys with my wallet as have many others. Please fix this game breaking bug as soon as you can, it should be the number one priority.

I was about to turn in for the night, after finishing a season. I had an initial discussion with the board accepting their vision and a tight but fair 24k budget given my club (Scunthorpe) has a fair bit of debt and still in league 2. I re-signed my key players, moved on a week or so and noticed that my budget has increased from 24k to 42k and all my players wages have risen along with it. Not just one or two players with a yearly wage rise, my entire team. I also noticed that my £800 contract had risen to £1200 and when I scanned back to look at the original board vision it said I had declined their vision but accepted their job offer.

I was just wondering if anyone else has noticed anything similar happen or if FM has finally melted my brain. It is rather late for me so it's possible i'm missing something with being tired so I'm going to call it a night for now. Tomorrow i'll reload my older april save and see if the same thing happens.

Not good enough. You guys had plenty of time to test the ME and should do a better job of testing before and after patches. I spent a lot of money on the game and have played CM/FM since the early 90's. I always support you guys with my wallet as have many others. Please fix this game breaking bug as soon as you can, it should be the number one priority.

1) Kriss doesnt work for SI.

2) It is what it is. This is a BETA, and sometimes things dont always go to plan.

3) It will be fixed, when it is fixed. There really is no more specific answer to that, I'm afraid

Please post all bugs in the bugs forum so they can be logged by SI internally, also stop demanding things are fixed, sometimes fixing one bug can cause another bug (something which happens a lot in software development iirc)

2) It is what it is. This is a BETA, and sometimes things dont always go to plan.

3) It will be fixed, when it is fixed. There really is no more specific answer to that, I'm afraid

With all due respect, I hear where xNAMOz is coming from...

The "It's in beta" rationale has a little under 24 hours left... what's it going to be then?

Either, the beta process needs to begin MUCH earlier, or, SI need to hire more in-house testers... because, frankly, waiting for 4-6 months after release for the niggling BS to finally get worked out, isn't cutting it anymore.

I will post my issue in the bug thread/forum.

also stop demanding things are fixed, sometimes fixing one bug can cause another bug (something which happens a lot in software development iirc)

When you pay for my game, then you can tell me to stop making demands. I paid, I demand a working product and I demand a working game as advertised.

Not a personal attack on your friend. Just venting. Also, if you guys don't work for SI then why are you speaking on behalf of them?

That is fine and fully acceptable, however when there is a game breaking bug that affects the entire defensive system, we expect answers and at the very least a time frame on when the issue will be resolved.

Archived