Football Manager 2014 Beta Update and Demo FEEDBACK THREAD

• Administrators

We've now released an update for the pre-release the beta alongside the six-month demo for those of you who haven't pre-ordered so far. Please use this thread to raise any feedback you have.

Please do remember to keep everything as constructive as you can and remember if you have any issue, please do take the time to raise it in our BUGS FORUM.

You should now be on 14.1.0. If you're not, we'd suggest shutting down Steam and relaunching the game.

Again there is no changelist, but if you have any issue that you think should have been fixed, please check it and let us know. Likewise any issues which are still bugs, please do let us know!

Many thanks.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cannot download demo from Steam yet!! Is there an embargo until later tonight?

I suspect Steam Store is likely to be busy trying to make it available for everyone so in half an hour it should be up there. Maybe even before then.

I suspect Steam Store is likely to be busy trying to make it available for everyone so in half an hour it should be up there. Maybe even before then.

Cheers yes now working, it was my over enthusiastic attempt to download as fast as possible...!!

• Administrators
er , i seem to have lost my save since this update ? is that normal.

I also had to create a new profile when i started the game.

Your preferences have been deleted - check in 'Load Game' and all your saves will be there. Yes this is normal at the beta stage. Thanks.

er , i seem to have lost my save since this update ? is that normal.

I also had to create a new profile when i started the game.

There is no last saved game in the option but if you look at "load game" you can load your last game from there, same thing for me, I am guessing a few people could be upset until they notice their save is still there. :)

Hope that helps.

Meh, Neil too quick for me. :)

Your preferences have been deleted - check in 'Load Game' and all your saves will be there. Yes this is normal at the beta stage. Thanks.

cheers Neil

• Administrators
I have just had update and when launching the game I was required to put my profile in again and my preferences had reset, Is that right?

Yes, it's updated and wiped your preferences. This is as intended. Your save games can be found within the 'Load Save' button.

I was going to post this in the other thread so forgive me if this is a known issue and has been fixed but has anyone else had a penalty yet? I've played over a year now and not had a single penalty, that's 67 games in total. The opposition have had plenty but I haven't even seen an appeal for one for my team.

I was going to post this in the other thread so forgive me if this is a known issue and has been fixed but has anyone else had a penalty yet? I've played over a year now and not had a single penalty, that's 67 games in total. The opposition have had plenty but I haven't even seen an appeal for one for my team.

Had 5 penalties in first 15 games.

Managed to play a couple of matches, there seems to be quite a few more shots from long range, it could be I need to change my tactic there now.

Left back and right backs I am guessing they have had their ratings lowered, maybe I just had a couple of bad games but in all 4 players playing at both left and right back had scores of 5.2-5.6, did not seem to balance with the rest of the teams scores, maybe they all just had bad games in that position, will have to play some more to be sure.

1 good thing is the widgets seem to be sticking in place now. :)

Managed to play a couple of matches, there seems to be quite a few more shots from long range, it could be I need to change my tactic there now.

Left back and right backs I am guessing they have had their ratings lowered, maybe I just had a couple of bad games but in all 4 players playing at both left and right back had scores of 5.2-5.6, did not seem to balance with the rest of the teams scores, maybe they all just had bad games in that position, will have to play some more to be sure.

1 good thing is the widgets seem to be sticking in place now. :)

Any other visible changes in ME?

I'm United and in my first season, Lewandowskis contract is almost over and Myself (United), Man City and Barcelona are chasing him and went in with contracts. He accepted City which was fair enough but then the deal fell through because City cant free up enough funds (How that is possible with them I dont know), now City keep going in with a contract upon failure and its happened 4 times now where he just keeps accepting City and the deal falls through due to citys funds, which is making it impossible for me or Barcelona to sign him

There was a big issue about filters who didnt stay open during team selection. Filters is a nice tool and need to stay open. Do you know when this will be fixed?

This was behaviour that was changed as a result of layout issues being caused by having the filters open as a collapsible panel (in non-English languages). The way the underlying code for popups work results in them to automatically close when you click away from them. We appreciate there are people who like to have filters permanently open who will not be happy with this change, but we believe the majority of people view their squad with the filters closed and intermittently open them. Having said that, we'll look into seeing what we can do in the future to accommodate the needs of users like yourself. There's already this thread about this topic (http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/363775-Show-Filters-panel-auto-closing-when-picking-team-on-Squad-screen#post9133294) that we are aware of. So, please refrain from raising this issue again.

Archived