Football Manager 2014 Beta Update and Demo FEEDBACK THREAD

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
New news in my inbox is not showing up straight away, I have to click my inbox button for it all to show how many messages I have waiting instead of it just coming up straight away without me having to do that
Same problem here.

And here. It's annoying.

Unless if there's a unlikely issue that they had to update the DB before the official release, I wouldn't expect a DB update release from them until after January. Late February/March is usual time where they will release it.

There, you have your answer. :)

exactly ,so anyone wanting to know if there will be another update before they start a new game , there is no need to wait as any updates apart from DB updates will be save game compatible

• Administrators
Im filling out my profile again i notice that the part where you fill in your home town is gone? or will that be remembered on the game?

This only happens when you're creating a new manager but you can edit it when you're on the main FM page.

Go into preferences and under a sub-tab called 'profile' you can add it there. Thanks.

All the preferences were entirely reset with the patch. I can live with that but the patch also deleted all my custom squad views which take a long time to make and that I'm not fine with. Is there a place I can get them back or do I have to redo everything?

May not be the correct place to ask this, but is it possible to allow the option to tell centre backs to run with the ball? I managed to replicate a system which was something like using a half back on FM this year in FM13 by telling CBs to hug touchline and run with the ball often. The only problem now with not being able to tell my CBs to run with the ball is that even if they split and don't have anyone closing them down, they just basically stand with the ball rather than running upfield with the ball until they are closed down. I'm sure there'll be other FM players who did something similar to a similarly excellent result and I guess I'd like the freedom to allow my defenders to build from the back properly again.

Game crashes frequently upon continue being pressed, Anyone else got this?

Yeah i've had crash dumps twice on the same day.

Also having issue with inbox not updating unless prompted and same with scores (i.e. proceed past the 12:45 game, but score doesnt show unless you go to a different screen and go back)

Hello.

As you all soon to recognize, the filter "tend to just disappear" during team-selection. How many would like to actually be in controll of when filters should or should not be shown at the screen?

Filter GK, DL, DM, MC etc... like it used to... the good FM-feeling...

I don't know why it was broken to begin with nor how it fixed itself and finally how it got broken again. It has been working fine throughout these three milestones internally, and I can't recall seeing anyone else raise this issue.

If anyone else is experiencing this issue, can you please let us know?

If you mean the blue box that pops up during the game, I'm also getting this, even with the option turned off

exactly ,so anyone wanting to know if there will be another update before they start a new game , there is no need to wait as any updates apart from DB updates will be save game compatible

What like this one is? I can't get past a couple of weeks on any of my save games since this update, fatal error with crash dump. I never had one crash on the last version and I was 1 season in.

• Administrators
Yeah i've had crash dumps twice on the same day.

Also having issue with inbox not updating unless prompted and same with scores (i.e. proceed past the 12:45 game, but score doesnt show unless you go to a different screen and go back)

Inbox issue is a known issue we're looking into. Please raise the crashes here - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/342-Crashes-Game-Launch-and-Technical-Issues

We're trying to figure out what's causing this so we can fix it, the more info we get the better. Thanks.

If you mean the blue box that pops up during the game, I'm also getting this, even with the option turned off

He's talking about the Action Bar which is what sits at the top of the screen that has the playback controls. The between highlights popup is what you're describing and that when unticked via the Match Settings is correctly not showing for me here. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Using my old game seems very unstable here with fairly frequent crashes. Should I be starting a new game instead?

Would be a shame to lose all that progress, but I guess that's the nature of beta software.

Edit: Crash dump can be uploaded, but uploading an 81MB save and 20MB crash dump would take ages on this connection.

He's talking about the Action Bar which is what sits at the top of the screen that has the playback controls. The between highlights popup is what you're describing and that when unticked via the Match Settings is correctly not showing for me here. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Actually the box I'm referring to isn't blue. So are you talking about the match captions at the bottom of the screen that shows information such as the name of a goalscorer when a goal is scored?

• Administrators
Using my old game seems very unstable here with fairly frequent crashes. Should I be starting a new game instead?

Would be a shame to lose all that progress, but I guess that's the nature of beta software.

Edit: Crash dump can be uploaded, but uploading an 81MB save and 20MB crash dump would take ages on this connection.

Please raise the issue here so we can look into it - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/342-Crashes-Game-Launch-and-Technical-Issues

Thanks.

I am going to start a new game, seems no other option. Pretty sure that will be fine.

Pretty bummy though as I only pre-ordered and got going on the beta because it was promised as save game compatible with updated versions.

This may or not be a bug but my next fixture is against Frankfurt, who have just hired a new manager, except in the pre match press conference I was asked a question about the new manager being insecure in his job?

Screenshot of the issue above

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198010234463/screenshot/848094047888063495

You can see the news item on the left that he has just been hired

Also him responding

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198010234463/screenshot/848094047888112467

Is this a known issue?

• Administrators
You mean your response? That was posted at the exact same minute as my post? Thanks for pointing me in that direction... of your non answer.

Please keep this thread for game feedback only. Thanks.

Long free kick still need fixing, every time the AI gets a long free kick they ALWAYS hit them low and hard straight to players feet in the box for them to quickly turn and put in the net, nine times out of ten they score. Also feel strikers still cant get into the game Lewandowski has had 6 shots in 4 games...33% accuracy and 0 goals, i've tried every player role possible and he always misses sitters, one shot literally went backwards...

Yep turned it on and off again in both the preferences screen and the match day engine. Not working for me again, the same as the original Beta, but it was working after the first patch.

Are you playing with software or GPU rendering? I ask because if it's the former, then this feature wouldn't be supported. That is, the Action Bar would be permanently visible.

Anyone else noticed a total change in fullback ratings now?

Before the update, I thought they were maybe a bit high but now it's taking the ****. My fullback has went from an average of 7.23 prior to the update (playing around 7/7.5 range in 5 matches before update) to playing 4.6/6.1/6.5/4.5. That's ridiculous.

In the 5 months prior to that he hadn't played lower than 6.8 but now, that would be an outstanding performance for him.

Before the update, I thought they were maybe a bit high but now it's taking the ****. My fullback has went from an average of 7.23 prior to the update (playing around 7/7.5 range in 5 matches before update) to playing 4.6/6.1/6.5/4.5. That's ridiculous.

In the 5 months prior to that he hadn't played lower than 6.8 but now, that would be an outstanding performance for him.

I'm still getting solid 7.0+ ratings for all my players including fullbacks.

I understand its BETA still but this update basicly killed my save game? (while save game compatibility was promised? )

It crashes every other minute.

I dont think this is a good service tbho...i played days on my save game to now throw it away... BETA sure yeah but it should not make my save game crash all the time

I understand its BETA still but this update basicly killed my save game? (while save game compatibility was promised? )

I dont think this is a good service tbho...i played days on my save game to now throw it away... BETA sure yeah but it should not make my save game crash all the time

As it's very much not crashing for several thousand people perhaps you should take the given advice and post in the bugs forum to help them sort your particular problem.

• Administrators

PLEASE raise it here and we'll look into it. - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/342-Crashes-Game-Launch-and-Technical-Issues

Thanks.

Do shots from outside the box ever go in? I honestly cant recall a long shot going in thats been struck from outside the box?

I've had one or two go in. With the shot accuracy one of the supposed fixes, it should be even better now.

My fullbacks ratings have gone the same way as yours.

Okay post 14.1 patch update. Couple of problems. But I'll restart and see what happens before reporting back. I can see the match engine has sped up but I am having troubles accessing my inbox. Also, had to clear the cache and reload before the faces would appear in my emails.

Archived