Football Manager 2014 Beta Update and Demo FEEDBACK THREAD

Played a few games now since 14.1.1 was released.

Fullbacks are just spectators. Playing against a quality AMR/L I'm happy if they come off with a 5.5 rating. Thats the best I've seen.

Can't see me loading up again until after the next patch.

I'm with you on this one. This latest update is like eating a kitkat and enjoying the sweet taste until you get that nasty shock cus you've missed abit of foil and it's gone in a filling.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ever since the new patch my players have what I call "ratings disease". After 2 minutes my players ratings can plummet to as low as 6.0 or in the 5s. Another symptom is a mass outbreak of nerves even when playing the easiest of teams and with the most encouraging of team talks- this wasnt happening before the patch and is killing the game for me as my fullbacks are getting 5s every game and the rest of my players are having their ratings and confidence destroyed. I mean how can a player be having a bad game after 2 minutes????

Hopefully this gets fixed in time for release as for me its unplayable at the moment

Something I've noticed from the very initial beta all the way through to the 14.1.1 patch, which I believe could be a very serious bug.

Whichever league I am currently managing in seems to have very very high amount of AI goals scored between AI and AI games. Even when managing in the Spanish B divisions, If i am managing in the B3 league, it will only be for the B3 league.

I consistently look at the other leagues results. This is not a one off and happens in each country/league I manage in. If i join halfway through a season I will notice that each team is scoring about 2 goals per game. Sounds legit for that level. Then once i take over it seems to double for each team. For example,

Last weekends results.

Spanish B2 ACTIVELY MANAGING IN; 10 games: 48 goals scored. Average of 4.8 per match.

Spanish B1: 10 games: 18 goals scored. Average of 1.8 per match.

Spanish B3: 10 games: 21 goals scored. Average of 2.1 per match.

Spanish B4: 10 games: 25 goals scored. Average of 2.5 per match.

The weekends before...

Spanish B2 Active: 10 games: 39 goals scored. Average of 3.9 per match.

Spanish B1: 10 games: 23 goals scored. Average of 2.3 per match.

Spanish B3: 10 games: 25 goals scored. Average of 2.5 per match.

Spanish B4: 10 games: 27 goals scored. Average of 2.7 per match.

The weekend before

Spanish B2 Active 10 games: 41 goals scored. Average of 4.1 per match.

Spanish B1: 10 games: 22 goals scored. Average of 2.2 per match.

Spanish B3: 10 games: 27 goals scored. Average of 2.7 per match.

Spanish B4: 10 games: 21 goals scored. Average of 2.1 per match.

If anyone whose managing in a division, where divisions which run parallel such as the B leagues or the Blue Square South/North is experiencing high scores. I was wondering if they would be able to check out the AI results in the opposing divisions to see if they're seeing something similar.

Please note, this is through 3 different saves through the 3 main patches. When managing in the BSN i noticed that the scores in the BSS were around about half of that in the BSN. Also when managing in the Irish Premier Division midway through the season, the scores seemed to double when i was activley managing in that league.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

Before I was an active manage in the Spanish B2 Division (3 random weekends):

B2: 10 games: 22 goals scored. Average of 2.2. per match

B1: 10 games: 20 goals scored. Average of 2.0 per match

B3: 10 games: 26 goals scored. Average of 2.6 per match

B4: 10 games: 23 goals scored. Average of 2.3 per match

Another weekend.

B2: 10 games: 25 goals scored. Average of 2.5 per match.

B1: 10 games: 19 goals scored. Average of 1.9 per match

B3: 10 games: 24 goals scored. Average of 2.4 per match.

B4: 10 games: 21 goals scored. Average of 2.1 per match.

And finally...

B2: 10 games: 21 goals scored. Average of 2.1 per match.

B1: 10 games: 16 goals scored. Average of 1.6 per match.

B3: 10 games: 21 goals scored. Average of 2.1 per match

B4: 10 games: 28 goals scored. Average of 2.8 per match.

As you can see by comparing, it has spiked massively whilst the other leagues have stayed the same. I am averaging about 3.0 goals per game. Also I notice the scoring spike has been progressive in my active league, slowly sneaking upwards each weekend.

This patch regarding ME is a disaster - I win a match with a hattrick from corners - 5 CCC all missed, the next match I lose through a 40 yarc off the bar shot and a powerful non-curved free kick into the side of a goal where a wall is supposed to stand. How do I adapt my tactics to that? Or a midfielder tackling the ball towards my goal which breaks my offside trap, or defenders staying on the goal line after a corner kick where the ball was cleared almost to the middle of the pitch? And this patch happens in the final two months of my season. Every game feels like hit and miss.

Ever since the new patch my players have what I call "ratings disease". After 2 minutes my players ratings can plummet to as low as 6.0 or in the 5s. Another symptom is a mass outbreak of nerves even when playing the easiest of teams and with the most encouraging of team talks- this wasnt happening before the patch and is killing the game for me as my fullbacks are getting 5s every game and the rest of my players are having their ratings and confidence destroyed. I mean how can a player be having a bad game after 2 minutes????

Hopefully this gets fixed in time for release as for me its unplayable at the moment

I had this. I just thought Coventry were cr@p

I think, at the moment, the player ratings are immediately responsive to what's happening. For example, I noticed my ML gave the ball away after 2 mins with his first touch. His rating plummeted. I think you would have to watch the full game to really understand what's behind the current rating.

Beta or no beta it's a worrying state of the game 2 days from release.

valehannes the comversion changes every time with a different bid. I've just tried several different bids and the bid what is going to the club is going up and down. Just offered 20 million and submitted, clicked on the player, and the bid has gone in at 1.1 million. SI sort this out please how do you expect me to enjoy the game if I cant even make a simple bid for a player. I never had this problem until the latest patch. Is this happening to everyone or just a fair few?

Something I've noticed from the very initial beta all the way through to the 14.1.1 patch, which I believe could be a very serious bug.

Whichever league I am currently managing in seems to have very very high amount of AI goals scored between AI and AI games. Even when managing in the Spanish B divisions, If i am managing in the B3 league, it will only be for the B3 league.

I consistently look at the other leagues results. This is not a one off and happens in each country/league I manage in. If i join halfway through a season I will notice that each team is scoring about 2 goals per game. Sounds legit for that level. Then once i take over it seems to double for each team. For example,

Last weekends results.

Spanish B2 ACTIVELY MANAGING IN; 10 games: 48 goals scored. Average of 4.8 per match.

Spanish B1: 10 games: 18 goals scored. Average of 1.8 per match.

Spanish B3: 10 games: 21 goals scored. Average of 2.1 per match.

Spanish B4: 10 games: 25 goals scored. Average of 2.5 per match.

The weekends before...

Spanish B2 Active: 10 games: 39 goals scored. Average of 3.9 per match.

Spanish B1: 10 games: 23 goals scored. Average of 2.3 per match.

Spanish B3: 10 games: 25 goals scored. Average of 2.5 per match.

Spanish B4: 10 games: 27 goals scored. Average of 2.7 per match.

The weekend before

Spanish B2 Active 10 games: 41 goals scored. Average of 4.1 per match.

Spanish B1: 10 games: 22 goals scored. Average of 2.2 per match.

Spanish B3: 10 games: 27 goals scored. Average of 2.7 per match.

Spanish B4: 10 games: 21 goals scored. Average of 2.1 per match.

If anyone whose managing in a division, where divisions which run parallel such as the B leagues or the Blue Square South/North is experiencing high scores. I was wondering if they would be able to check out the AI results in the opposing divisions to see if they're seeing something similar.

Please note, this is through 3 different saves through the 3 main patches. When managing in the BSN i noticed that the scores in the BSS were around about half of that in the BSN. Also when managing in the Irish Premier Division midway through the season, the scores seemed to double when i was activley managing in that league.

What is your goal to game ratio? And what is the league ratio if you discount your goals to game ratio?

Where does our money go? Why do SI sell an annual chart-topping game yet don't appear to have an adequate bug testing team?

That sentence alone renders you unqualified even to comment on the subject tbh, if you know so little stop acting as though you're the font of all knowledge.

You've been treading the line for a long, long time, so wind your neck in or you'll be another piece of forum history.

• Administrators
My assistant no makes subs when using instant result, even when players get injured or sent off. This is with instant result.

Update 14.1.1 and still not fix!

We're aware of this issue and are looking into it, thanks for reporting.

Am playing FMC, since 14.1 update none of the many contract clauses have Board negotiated buy-outs. Could be coincidence but maybe worth a few more eyes monitoring this?

Certainly worth reporting. If it carries on being the case, perhaps a separate thread in the bugs section with save if you can?

Issues I have found so far

1) Corner kicks create too many near post goals. I think I scored something like 5-7 goals like that. It's always Kompany too (I play as Man City). My staff member informed me that it was as a result of me practicing "Attacking positions". Was sort of neat but seems a bit overpowered. I like winning but not like this.

2) The LB/RBs used to get very high ratings. Now it's the opposite. It seems like it was nerfed too much. Which again I appreciate you guys actually fixing things.

3) I have a hard time getting my defenders to hassle my opponents. I have set my individual instructions, opposing instructions and sideline instructions. All to close down. Yet they still very often just look at the player dribbling the ball. This appears to have been improved slightly with the recent update.

4) I have not had an issue with too many shots.

5) One issue I do have is with registering. It could really use a "Clear All" button. I often find myself clicking on a few random boxes (away from registration) in order for me to "have another chance to register" when I make a mistake. Once you fill up your team it will not allow you to make changes until you do that. It seems like it's not streamlined properly. SOMETIMES there is an undo button and even a clear button. But often the only button you get is Submit, and if there is a mistake until you fix it you're stuck with whatever mistake you made.

I just would like to say I'm extremely impressed with how quickly you guys fix issues. EA could seriously learn a lot from you guys. They haven't fixed problems in Fifa that have existed since before first release. I have completely given up on Fifa 14 on old-gen.

Can you please give me feedback on this.

Are these known issues and are there any plans to implement fixes.

Thank you ahead of time.

Seems to be a rate of 1 million into 165k.

Also having this issue so decided to see if it affected Human/Human negotiations rather than just Human/AI and it does. Offered 190k for a player which registered as 68k, then offered 500k which registered as 170k. Really, really annoying bug.

FM12 got much worse press than FM14 in the beginning, oh ye of such short memories :D

Well, in the beginning, I thought that this is by far best FM as beta FM could be.

So, I will actually put some things that bothers me, so you don't think I'm just clogging the thread.

I know many said that before, but full backs are now completely useless. In defence, they are being passed by like cones, and in attack, they can't do nothing. I had problems with scoring by my strikers since the first version, but now it is even worse. I only score from corners, and my strikers can't tap in none of CCC's. There are some stupid errors by players like when one of my player is passing to another, the ball just bounces from him, hit him in the back, or etc. And on this level of footballing, it should happen rarely. And to add, there are some situations where players don't close down the opponent with the ball. They just stand where they were standing. And full game should be out in 2 days time :(

Can you please give me feedback on this.

Are these known issues and are there any plans to implement fixes.

Thank you ahead of time.

I understand the need for feedback on your points ( all valid and constructive btw), but you may wish to post this in the bug reporting section too so it gets looked at and logged if necessary. That's where issues will get fixed, not here in the feedback thread..

Thanks again.

What is your goal to game ratio? And what is the league ratio if you discount your goals to game ratio?

An average of 3.0 goals per game since I've taken over in my matches.

Please note, my original post has been updated with even more information which may interest you.

Really loving FM 14...best version in many years. I have noticed a couple of issues in the Beta so far:

In my save I have managed to win a Continental championship (the Libertadores). You would think the board, fans, and players would love me. Instead I have been constantly under pressure because we are "underperforming" in the Brazilian serie A, currently in a mid-table position. Shortly after winning the Libertadores I was sacked for losing a random mid-season league match.

It is as if the game processes each competition independently without consideration for how your side may be performing in other competitions. There is no other explanation.

The only other major issue that jumps out at me right now is that when using the Instant Result option and/or Holiday none of my subs are ever used. I am playing the full FM and not FMC. I am just using a skin that has the Instant Result on it. And when using that option no subs are ever brought in to the game.

Just went down 5-0 at halftime in CL final - two goals from wide runs where my full back was running along... two from corners and one long shot. My keeper made two saves - both were CCC's. I had so much fun with this game only a couple of hours ago, now I can't wait to finish the season. Just bring back ME from yesterday's update.

Really loving FM 14...best version in many years. I have noticed a couple of issues in the Beta so far:

In my save I have managed to win a Continental championship (the Libertadores). You would think the board, fans, and players would love me. Instead I have been constantly under pressure because we are "underperforming" in the Brazilian serie A, currently in a mid-table position. Shortly after winning the Libertadores I was sacked for losing a random mid-season league match.

It is as if the game processes each competition independently without consideration for how your side may be performing in other competitions. There is no other explanation.

The only other major issue that jumps out at me right now is that when using the Instant Result option and/or Holiday none of my subs are ever used. I am playing the full FM and not FMC. I am just using a skin that has the Instant Result on it. And when using that option no subs are ever brought in to the game.

Full fm was never meant to be used with instant result so i'm not sure if that counts as a valid issue, however, I believe it's already been logged as an issue with FMC also.

There is something wrong with transfer offers for me. This might be related to people getting super low offers for their players. I offer about 250k gbp or so for a player and the other team refuses my 35k offer. Somewhere there is a conversion or something going wrong. Another example of this is where I signed youth player but have to pay compensation. The compensation on the offer screen says 560k gbp but when I manage to sign the player it says I will pay 93k gbp over 3 years.

same problems here

2wd2es1.jpg

2dro68.jpg

Just when I was starting to work out how to play this game and how best to work around the issues that were bugging me, here comes another update, which is the worst of the lot, IMO.

None of my trained tactics work anymore, full backs really poor and previously in-form strikers can no longer score at all. Team and player instructions seems to have completely different effects too and much worse than before. Looking at the other negative comments about transfers etc above, it is going to take something special for SI to turn this into something playable on release day. it seems incredible that each release of the beta has gotten worse, rather than better. This was the first year I have seriously thought about cancelling my order but decided to give it a go. Not so sure that was the right decision now.

Let's hope SI can turn it around for Thursday.

Yes, while i scroll down all the pages and agree with most of the bugs being reported i still have to say this is by far the best release of any version of FM in my eyes and can only get better and will get better. Thank you SI on a great product. It's also the only game i buy.

Your club does have quite specific expectations for each comp, e.g. reach the 3rd round of the Libertadores but the league is the be all and end all in Brazil (the Copa is Milk Cuppish down that way :D) so poor league results will get you booted indeed.

Depends where you are, certainly in South America they can only join your club in the window even if they are free agents.

Cool, could have swear that in Argentina they are always training with the team, but probably i was wrong. Thanks for the answer!

Just went down 5-0 at halftime in CL final - two goals from wide runs where my full back was running along... two from corners and one long shot. My keeper made two saves - both were CCC's. I had so much fun with this game only a couple of hours ago, now I can't wait to finish the season. Just bring back ME from yesterday's update.

I can only say eggs/omelettes, painful sometimes but that's the way it works, and I bet I've conceded more from crosses than you :D

Your club does have quite specific expectations for each comp, e.g. reach the 3rd round of the Libertadores but the league is the be all and end all in Brazil (the Copa is Milk Cuppish down that way :D) so poor league results will get you booted indeed.

Say what? The Copa Libertadores is the biggest competition in South America, it's strongly doubtful any manager would get canned only weeks after winning it.

Just when I was starting to work out how to play this game and how best to work around the issues that were bugging me, here comes another update, which is the worst of the lot, IMO.

None of my trained tactics work anymore, full backs really poor and previously in-form strikers can no longer score at all. Team and player instructions seems to have completely different effects too and much worse than before. Looking at the other negative comments about transfers etc above, it is going to take something special for SI to turn this into something playable on release day. it seems incredible that each release of the beta has gotten worse, rather than better. This was the first year I have seriously thought about cancelling my order but decided to give it a go. Not so sure that was the right decision now.

Let's hope SI can turn it around for Thursday.

For me, the ME from yesterday's update was OK - not perfect but OK. I had good results with my decisions, I knew what I had to do to defend better or risk more. Now it's just hit or miss - almost no "regular" goals - 1-1 against keeper is irellevant. It's almost only winger runing away, corner or long shot.

The world doesn't end on Thursday, if it still needs attention after then it'll get it, that's what makes SI different.

I understand what you're saying, but we want a working game on the release date. I agree it's good that they update it through the year but surely a game should be ready by the release date. I hope it is I really do, but they're running out of time and the beta is getting worse with each update.

The world doesn't end on Thursday, if it still needs attention after then it'll get it, that's what makes SI different.

Indeed, although I hope they have some aces up their sleeves come the release.

I have been pretty active with reporting bugs and uploading saves/ showing screenshots but I really have to stop playing now.

There are just too many things that are making my save unenjoyable, I have the fullbacks getting instant ratings of 5.9 and they can go down to 5.4 and I get messages that I should sub them, I then go to sub 1 of them and their rating goes up to 6.6, barely 2 or 3 game minutes have passed, seconds later they are back to 5.4. No idea how to work that out.

Things like long shots have become a problem, I try to change certain things but it does not seem to matter too much, hitting the woodwork also has become a problem, in 1 half between both sides we hit the woodwork 6 times, that was boasted by my striker somehow managing to hit 1 post from 8 yards out in the centre of the goal, he then got the rebound and duly hit the other post :D

Add this to this really annoying close cam bug which I have brought up in the bugs forum, I don't hold out much hope for that being fixed though.

Also the transfers are killing me, I am trying to free up some wages and trying to sell players, the 4 players I have had bids for are quite terrible, I am basically getting offered 5% of the asking price, I am not even exaggerating, 120k I ask 60k I get offered 3k , 80k I ask 40k I get offered 2k (I even got an offer of 0 for that guy).

I still believe the game could be great but right now there is 1 or 2 too many, I will not same game destroying but certainly fun sapping enough to stop playing my save.

I'm loving it..

The only thing that has been bugging me is that, during matches, the match engine in 2D mode makes it look like the game is being played on an ice-rink no matter what speed I seem to play at. It's hard to get used to tbh, and my crippled old computer wouldn't appreciate the 3d version.

Apologies if this has already been highlighted.

James.

I have the fullbacks getting instant ratings of 5.9 and they can go down to 5.4 and I get messages that I should sub them, I then go to sub 1 of them and their rating goes up to 6.6, barely 2 or 3 game minutes have passed, seconds later they are back to 5.4. No idea how to work that out..

Yes, the defense problem isn't much fun but at least I know that'll be sorted, as will the transfers (luckily I'm just beginning a season so I can hang on for that)

I'm surprised how people sink into terminal depression over these things though, we'll get there in the end :cool:

Yes, the defense problem isn't much fun but at least I know that'll be sorted, as will the transfers (luckily I'm just beginning a season so I can hang on for that)

I'm surprised how people sink into terminal depression over these things though, we'll get there in the end :cool:

Don't worry too much mate I have not gone on the antidepressants just yet. :p

Tbh I think the fact I have decided to stop playing my save is I know I have a good team here, I see what we can do, now if the game will just let me and my team get on with our business we will not have to have a mass suicide involving said antidepressants and masses of vodka. :)

Wasn’t the 2013 ME supposed to be the great leap forward, therefore bugs were understandable. So, 2014 was going to be the honed, finished product?

Odd though, wasn’t it, about the 2012 ME needing this massive revamp for 2013, as the mods, pseudo-gurus and associated hangers on were saying anything but during the 2012 era. It was all our tactics, apparently. Anything was possible if only you just knew (like they did) how to operate those sliders.

Does it really matter what was said?

We went through all this when the arrows were removed, you ask most players now and they will reply "ohh yeah the arrows", it is always a work in progress.

I feel they have tried to push the ME as far as they dare, maybe a bit too far but time will tell.

Let's give them at least until the release before we start to burn them at the stake.....don't worry I have the matches. :)

For me, the ME from yesterday's update was OK - not perfect but OK. I had good results with my decisions, I knew what I had to do to defend better or risk more. Now it's just hit or miss - almost no "regular" goals - 1-1 against keeper is irellevant. It's almost only winger runing away, corner or long shot.

I don't believe there were any ME changes in today's update.

#PlaceboEffect

Archived