Football Manager 2014 Beta Update and Demo FEEDBACK THREAD

I do understand Herberts point, but i do understand the point that its a game and at some point it has to remember its just a game. If you were no good at the game, starting off unemployed it would get pretty boring pretty quickly if all you could get was bottom of the ladder jobs in clubs that are on a hiding to nothing.

Fine lines and all that jargon.

I agree with Herbert here. If you want to get bigger jobs easier, select one of the higher reps in the game.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do the players get their kits more dirty during the game? When watching the game in 3D obviously.

My team is in white but i suddenly noticed the players that tackles the most have dirty shirts and shorts.

If that is so.....nice little touch there.

It does seem like it! I like it, even if it looks a little overdone :)

The update has deleted my saved game?!?! Just loaded it up to continue my career and it made me type my name and DOB etc in again, and no saved games available? awesome...

load game instead of last game, voila there's your saved game

Yes and no, again i see where your coming from. The optional rep is pretty much the "difficulty" setting for FM, the lower you go the harder it is to start up. My point was more, say your a brand new player, take over your beloved St Johnstone, get sacked for being rubbish, the only way to go is down, so you end up with the Alloa job, again do rubbish, the only way from there is down, slowly it gets boring quickly and your likely to either walk away from the game, or start again, and repeat the first few steps all over again. At some point SI have to say "ok, realism can wait for a sec here".

With the type of thing i am looking for in the game, If you are the brand new player in your hypothesis, and are going to get bored from getting sacked so much or from only being offered bottom-of-the-rung jobs, then you start with ex-international footballer starting rep, and upon getting sacked you would still have a chance at other jobs.

Better information in-game could help advise new players why they should pick a higher starting rep, or what they risk happening to their game if they don't

Hi there, I purchased the game through steam last night and already I am having problems loading it up. When I launch the game the comes on up until all the introductions are finished (where it's got logos of different leagues), then the screen just goes black and it stays like that. However, I checked the task manager and it says the game is still running. I have tried restarting it several times and the same thing keeps happening. I have played previous fm on my computer and it has never caused me any problems. Please help. Thanks

Press Shift + Alt + F10 on the black screen and that should sort it out. It worked for me.

Just won 10 games in a row post update.

I was doing well before but winning games 4-3 with the odd crushing defeat now and again. Now its just 2-0, 3-0 etc.

My keeper and defenders are just more 'switched on'

I hope its just some kind of 'morale roll', however i restricted 1 team to ZERO chances in the game whilst creating 33 of my own (scoring only 1).

That makes me worry about the Match Engine.

How did you fix defenders backing off and dangerous crossing? Which formation is it?

Happy to say that I have not had one crash since the update to 14.1.1 on my save game started on 14.0.3 (progressed 7 months today). Yesterday on 14.1 I couldn't get it past a certain date 2 weeks into the save, even after deleting the cache as suggested here. So thank you for the swift fix on that allowing me to continue my save.

I would also have to say that the game as a whole feels better to me since the update, and more of a challenge. In my first season I waltzed to the title with Man U and got the the CL final. Was unbeaten until the 25th game of the season in the league, all that with RVP out 90% of season with a broken leg. Rafeal and Valencia seemed like the best players in the world! :p It just seemed too easy, I never even varied my formation or tactics a great deal either, just seemed untouchable, like game was on easy or something. Since todays update and into my 2nd season I am not faring so well, bit like the start United have had in real life this year, and then struggling to keep touch with the top bunch am 10 points behind Chelsea now 12 to play. Maybe it is coincidental and I just got on a lucky run from the off in my 1st season and not 2nd or maybe it is down to the changes the update has made I am not really sure, but whatever it is it seems better to me.

Like the little touch of players getting muddied in wet weather games now, and glad that the click continue and un-updated results news etc issue has been sorted.

One thing I hope is fixed in final version where you draw to a rival and the fans are devastated at losing to the rival, it was mentioned a bit above.

Lastly, had a bit of a LOL moment earlier when City sacked Pellegrini after a poor start 2nd year and they opted for Rafael Benitez over Jurgen Klopp who had even come out and said he wanted the job! Kind of unrealistic, not that I mind though really, as I love to see City slide :)

Overall loving the game so far. Thanks again.

Hi, I have brought up Dover from the Skrill South Premier, to League 1. But as I in june is trying to sign new free agents, ALL of them are unwilling to play for me, as they think a club of my ambitions are to simple for them. This goes for all players, exceptfor released Youth Players. Any help?

There is a 'reputation' thread about this on the bugs forum. SI are aware of the issue.

is it me or the ability to auto hide the action bar in windowed mode was possible under the previous version of the beta and isn't anymore?

please SI bring this back....

This is still there. We've however seen people reporting having issues getting this to work. We're trying to figure out why this may be as it's working fine internally and from the information I've gathered so far it's only a minority experiencing this externally.

Agree here. They should add so you can get 'game over' when your rep goes too low/sacked too many times ;)

I think in FM13 I got as close to this as was possible in one save. Even relegation threatened bottom tier Indonesian teams were reluctant to hire me. After numerous blunders my reputation went up in flames. :D

I think in FM13 I got as close to this as was possible in one save. Even relegation threatened bottom tier Indonesian teams were reluctant to hire me. After numerous blunders my reputation went up in flames. :D

That's the nice way of saying "game over" :D

This is still there. We've however seen people reporting having issues getting this to work. We're trying to figure out why this may be as it's working fine internally and from the information I've gathered so far it's only a minority experiencing this externally.

bad luck for me then I guess... thanks for the quick answer Bardi :)

Issues I have found so far

1) Corner kicks create too many near post goals. I think I scored something like 5-7 goals like that. It's always Kompany too (I play as Man City). My staff member informed me that it was as a result of me practicing "Attacking positions". Was sort of neat but seems a bit overpowered. I like winning but not like this.

2) The LB/RBs used to get very high ratings. Now it's the opposite. It seems like it was nerfed too much. Which again I appreciate you guys actually fixing things.

3) I have a hard time getting my defenders to hassle my opponents. I have set my individual instructions, opposing instructions and sideline instructions. All to close down. Yet they still very often just look at the player dribbling the ball. This appears to have been improved slightly with the recent update.

4) I have not had an issue with too many shots.

5) One issue I do have is with registering. It could really use a "Clear All" button. I often find myself clicking on a few random boxes (away from registration) in order for me to "have another chance to register" when I make a mistake. Once you fill up your team it will not allow you to make changes until you do that. It seems like it's not streamlined properly. SOMETIMES there is an undo button and even a clear button. But often the only button you get is Submit, and if there is a mistake until you fix it you're stuck with whatever mistake you made.

I just would like to say I'm extremely impressed with how quickly you guys fix issues. EA could seriously learn a lot from you guys. They haven't fixed problems in Fifa that have existed since before first release. I have completely given up on Fifa 14 on old-gen.

Mildly interestingly, the new patch has stopped my abject failures

Still haven't watched a single game or changed my tactics, but maybe the Nott's Forest Board made a masterstroke in seeing the genius of the Scottish nobody who failed at St. Johnstone, Cardiff and Leeds, as I have won most of my games including beating Chelsea twice in a week.

If they say that the patch nerfing your tactic means it was flawed from a footballing perspective all along, does this mean that I was right all along?

Issues I have found so far

1) Corner kicks create too many near post goals. I think I scored something like 5-7 goals like that. It's always Kompany too (I play as Man City). My staff member informed me that it was as a result of me practicing "Attacking positions". Was sort of neat but seems a bit overpowered. I like winning but not like this.

This happens all the time in my save also. Very overpowered.

Mildly interestingly, the new patch has stopped my abject failures

Still haven't watched a single game or changed my tactics, but maybe the Nott's Forest Board made a masterstroke in seeing the genius of the Scottish nobody who failed at St. Johnstone, Cardiff and Leeds, as I have won most of my games including beating Chelsea twice in a week.

If they say that the patch nerfing your tactic means it was flawed from a footballing perspective all along, does this mean that I was right all along?

Nah, you just got lucky. ME exploiter!

That's the nice way of saying "game over" :D

It was indeed :D Easily one of my favourite FM saves despite failing to attain mediocrity! It felt like a nice level of realism to me - success and failure were proportionally rewarded. There was still a chance to save it as well if I could save one of the relegation threatened minnows and rise from the ashes.

Going back to the general debate. I can see the point of still being able to get a job. It is a game after all but the bar for realism doesn't seem to be set at the right point going on Herberts career (I can't judge fully from mine yet as I'm still in the process of driving Real Madrid's C team into the ground). If Herbert only had down to the championship loaded then I can't undertand getting the occasional championship job offer to keep the player in the game but if there are lots of leagues, lower leagues, with smaller teams then thats where they offers should be coming from really.

I'm looking for some feedback with the new Defensive Winger duties. In FM13 there were Attack and Support, in FM14 there are now Support and Defend. My question is, is this change cosmetic, as in what was Attack is now called Support and what was Support is now called Defend? Or have the actual roles changed, as in the old Attack role is now unavailable, Support is the same as last year, and the new Defend duty is more defensive?

Hopefully you guys get what I'm saying, I've tried watching the players to try to figure it out but I can't really notice. Thanks.

I'm looking for some feedback with the new Defensive Winger duties. In FM13 there were Attack and Support, in FM14 there are now Support and Defend. My question is, is this change cosmetic, as in what was Attack is now called Support and what was Support is now called Defend? Or have the actual roles changed, as in the old Attack role is now unavailable, Support is the same as last year, and the new Defend duty is more defensive?

Hopefully you guys get what I'm saying, I've tried watching the players to try to figure it out but I can't really notice. Thanks.

My guess would be that the old attack duty is unavailable (not just renamed support) as the idea of an attacking defensive winger was always somewhat paradoxical.

I've tried reading the descriptions SI gives us in game. I can't tell from just reading the Support Duty description (hovering my mouse pointer on the "S"), but I can't get the tooltip description when hovering over the "D" in the tactics menu. Is it just me?

I totally get your point, but I haven't been spamming the keyboard, perhaps I exaggerated slightly to hide my shame at my abject failure. I just hadn't been watching the games or making a single tactical change since the first day, and only signing players scouts recommended or came up instantly on the player search available loans screen, so I don't think my apathy would be responsible for the bizarre results I've been getting

Ah, ok. That makes more sense now :) It's still possible that you're not hitting the minimum contribution expected from the player cause you're not setting tactics, looking for players etc. Anyway, I am beginning to grasp at straws here hehe. I do see your point better now after reading your latter posts. Sunday League rep for me means that the game should completely stop holding hands at that point. If your career is ruined cause you screw up at even lowest rep teams, well... start over :)

My guess would be that the old attack duty is unavailable (not just renamed support) as the idea of an attacking defensive winger was always somewhat paradoxical.

This is what I assumed as well.

I've tried reading the descriptions SI gives us in game. I can't tell from just reading the Support Duty description (hovering my mouse pointer on the "S"), but I can't get the tooltip description when hovering over the "D" in the tactics menu. Is it just me?

Yeah there's no tooltip for the defend duty, I guess they just carried the old role descriptions over from fm13, and because there was no defend in that game, it now doesn't have one.

I just started a new game and played a few pre-season friendlies. The big thing I've noticed is some erratic player ratings. Not just full backs getting oddly low ones either. I had a winger get 5.6 when I was winning 2-0 and I hadn't seen him do much wrong, a central midfielder had 93% pass completion and under 6 rating and I somehow beat Real Madrid 3-0 with Spurs and still had two players get 6.2.

That's the thing that made me go "what?" I could win a pre-season friendly 2-1 but have payers get sub 6 ratings and my Assistant Manger would talk about poor performances, presumably based on ratings.

I take it no-one can help with my problem? I'm not too fussed about the squad depth issue as I can find it manually. When I'm trying to sign a player, however, my assistants don't compare him to the players I already have rather his best position:

9qw8kj.jpg

I take it no-one can help with my problem? I'm not too fussed about the squad depth issue as I can find it manually. When I'm trying to sign a player, however, my assistants don't compare him to the players I already have rather his best position:

9qw8kj.jpg

It will appear after you have activated your Windows ;)

jk lol

Are you playing in windowed mode and resolution is small?

It will appear after you have activated your Windows ;)

jk lol

Are you playing in windowed mode and resolution is small?

Never mind, it was because I was playing in windowed mode! Any way to get round it?

Before the update I was thinking that this game will be the best Football Manager game ever. But with this update you ruined it and I changed my mind, I hope you will fix all bugs which came with this update and which have been exist before. I know a lot of people who won't want to play the game with numerous bug.

I don't understand, It was really good before the update. Why did you change ? It must be an upgrade not a downgrade ?! :)

With the upgrade I saw the transfer system became harder and worst than it was. And it isn't really good. I can't evet buy sub players, rotation players. Artificial intelligence want usurious money for this kind of average players. For example, I have a player valued 11-12 M €. I had an offer for him under 1M €. It's not realistic !!!!!! When I rejected the offer, player wanted to talk with me and he said 'Why didn't you let me talk with them?'. It's like a joke.

All the AMC players are playing like the best AMCs ever. Corner goals must be fixed too. Defences must be more effective. PC or us -doesn't matter- can score realy easily.

Thank you..

So for the boxed FM, which default version will it have ? Is it this one or the one before ?

And is there gonna be a patch on release time as it is truely a mess now.

It might even be the one after :) you really don't understand how it works do you?

Did I miss smth? In the boxed version, what will be the default patch version? Simple question and really simple answer

It doesn't work like that the boxed version is just part of the game, when you authenticate it the rest is downloaded and installed and that download will include the updates.

Those updates might not even be in the Beta that you're currently playing.

Have the same issue on my lcd with 1366x768 res. No problem on 1600x900 res so unless you can increase your screen resolution there is no way around it.

I'm guessing using a different skin (if there is one for FM14) would solve the problem?

I've just started a game unemployed, got offered an interview at Stockport on the 12th July, its now 17thth September and Stockport still don't have a manager and I've not heard anything back... Is this a known issue or is it a bug or is it normal?

I've just started a game unemployed, got offered an interview at Stockport on the 12th July, its now 17thth September and Stockport still don't have a manager and I've not heard anything back... Is this a known issue or is it a bug or is it normal?

On a similar note this has happened to me a few times with bids for players. Make a bid for a player and like 2 weeks later still no reply or it says its been accepted and he's considering a contract despite me never offering him one and having no DoF to do it for me.

Archived