Wait for release day for ''PROPER'' save?

Hi guys, i noticed a few people playing the beta and saying they are just messing about with it until the release date which is when they will start their ''PROPER'' save?

Is there a reason to do this? i thought the beta is pretty much the full version? and any patch that comes out release date will be save game compatible anyways?

I think peoples experiences with the FM13 beta may mean they are reluctant to start a "proper" save on the beta this time around. I know I am, because there were so many issues with the early match engine in FM13 that in hindsight I think that persevering with my beta save last year actually led to quite a lot of frustration with the game and in the end meant I gave up on FM13 a lot earlier than I had with previous FMs.

If I'd just waited before starting my "proper" save last year my overall experience would probably have been very different and a lot better, which is why I'm sort of holding off really getting in to a save on the beta for FM14.

It all depends how perfect you want the game to be when you start playing properly.

Some play from day 1 beta and some wait until Jan with the final patch to play.

The game works either way, but always worth playing around with the beta just to see if you think the game is "broken" or not.

Personally I wait until the main release and ideally after a day 1 patch (if there is one). Anything after that I can cope with save game compatible updates.

Like I said, it's eager you are to start playing.

Archived