Match Engine Update 13.2 - ME feedback here please.

oh I'm starting to love this lol. 5-1 and 6-0 through the first two matches post winter break. 41 and 36 shots taken (8 and 3 for the opposition respectively). Sitting back and only punting the ball long no longer works for the AI. I must say I haven'T seen any largely unrealistic behavior through the first 5 matches post patch. It is a bit too easy for my offensive force to walk through defenses. Funnily the AI, who used to do it to me pre-patch all off a sudden can'T run past my defenders - I was expecting dribble/cross galore for Schalke wince they have two incredibly fast dribblers out wide. Nada :D.

Worrying trend is goals from corners.. 4 over the last two. Guess my DCs will be competing with my dribbleforce for top goalscorer...

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators
Other big clubs are actually making bids for my best players now which is good. Was quite unrealistic to create a big team and develop youngsters into star players with absolute no interest or bids from City, Madrid etc

This is Match Engine feedback, other thread please. Thanks. :)

Just played 1st game with patch. Initial thoughts:

Dribbling seems to have gone a bit CM4, as noted by others, saw instance of AI keeper taking ball around 20 yards outside box and shanking it to one of my MCs in the centre circle. After a corner my AM dribbled several times back and forth across the edge of the box as none of my players seemed to want to find space (even AM R who should've been hugging touchline was in congested centre).

Pressing also seems a little excessive. I play with a control tactic with pressing to default and there were a lot of players abandoning their posts at once to chase the ball.

On the plus side free kicks and tackling do seem to be much improved and my DCs are hoofing under no pressure alot less.

Not a specifically 13.2 related comment, but -

- This game seriously needs some effective mechanics for defenders to block shots inside the box. Constantly see players just dribbling into the box with multiple defenders tracking them and they still manage to get a shot on goal that basically goes inches past the stationary defenders who never bother to attempt a block (or anything resembling of it.) The ME would be so much better if they at least somehow reacted to shots!

Hi. Can someone please help me. I downloaded English level 9 league system. (leagues below blue square) and now I am getting this. error with 0 teams being relegated from one league but 6 being promoted into it. Can anyone help? wasn;t like this before update. Been trying since 7PM for a solution.

I don't know why people update the game mid season. Its so stupid. If your in the middle of a season and you're having a good season why risk messing your season up by downloading the patch? Chances are it messes with your tactics, normally does for me anyway. Nowadays I only update to a new patch once I've finished my current season therefore giving me the chance to create new tactics for the new patch. That or I just start a new game.

• Administrators
There is definitely an issue with defenders giving away silly goals by passing or heading to an opposition player when there is no reason for it. Have played same game now 5 times and have seen 6 goals scored this way.

Would really appreciate any examples in the ME bugs forum. Thanks.

I don't know why people update the game mid season. Its so stupid. If your in the middle of a season and you're having a good season why risk messing your season up by downloading the patch? Chances are it messes with your tactics, normally does for me anyway. Nowadays I only update to a new patch once I've finished my current season therefore giving me the chance to create new tactics for the new patch. That or I just start a new game.

I didn't have a choice, Steam updating the game automatically before I even knew what was happening. Devastated with how my game has changed.

Improved significantly more errors'll post here I found:

- A player dropped the ball pro goalie goalkeeper was walking to the opposite side and the ball hit him a player on the other team made ​​the goal

- The player has to pass behind the other team and player caught the ball in front of goal and scored the goal

I barely made ​​these moves would improve!

I didn't have a choice, Steam updating the game automatically before I even knew what was happening. Devastated with how my game has changed.

Do you not play in offline mode then? If you play in offline mode the game won't update until you put Steam online. Basically you can see an update is out on the forums, finish your season in offline mode therefore the update doesn't mess with your current season then once you've finished put Steam into online mode download the latest update. That's what I do anyway. Because like you most updates/patches wreck my tactics.

I'm very happy with the changes so far.

Prior to the patch, I had just started to get my head round "tactics" after spending a hell of a long time reading various quality threads in the Tactics & Training sub-forum.

As a result of that, I had my team playing more or less as I had hoped, and we were grinding out good results without setting the world on fire in the process.

Post patch, the same tactics (albeit obviously against different opposition) are no longer just grinding out results, but starting to dominate play, win by 2 or 3 clear goals and yield the sort of football I aspire to.

Notable improvements to dribbling and significantly more shots, possibly too many but it's feast and famine - there were too many in BETA, too few in the last patch, and now probably a touch too many. I'd rather have more to be frank, so I'm chuffed.

Just playing as Spurs at the moment and lead 3-0 at home to Fulham at half time. Deliberately changed tactic to one less suited to their 4-4-2 and they got two goals back in 30 minutes, which I hoped and expected to see, and they then changed formation completely to try to get a draw. I changed things to be more suitable and back to 4-2 up in five minutes so I'm either getting better, or the ME is becoming more logical.

Thumbs up from me.

Couple of things cropping up which were prevalent in the release day patch: Defenders under high balls in lots of space attempting back headers that don't really go anywhere. Poor/non-existent marking at the far post when there's a low cross seems to be an issue again also.

Do you not play in offline mode then? If you play in offline mode the game won't update until you put Steam online. Basically you can see an update is out on the forums, finish your season in offline mode therefore the update doesn't mess with your current season then once you've finished put Steam into online mode download the latest update. That's what I do anyway. Because like you most updates/patches wreck my tactics.

I didn't know I could :(

My season has went from superb, 80% board confidence "untouchable", flying high in every competition... to out of all but the League. Still have to play all teams around me away from home. Utterly devastated.

Having played some 12 games I can give some feedback.

There does still seem to be to many player errors,I seem to have my head in my heads every single game.

I was having way to many shots on goal,I think on average of the high 20's every game,I then switched every single player to rarely to shoot from distance and this has halved the goal attempts,I thought I would add this as I have seen a few post about the shots on goal.

I have played 3 games since I changed it and not only has the shots on goal went down I have won those games with better play.

I think the only real compliant I can have is my fullbacks always showing players down the line,I have conceded quite a few goals as my fullback will keep showing the player down the line and let him get in an easy cross or indeed he will for some unknown reason drift inside and leave the player basically alone to cross the ball,it is pretty frustrating to watch.

The patch has made it better that is for sure and I will continue my save now.

I know this must be a nightmare for SI with it being a new ME but if we could stop so many player errors this game would be the best yet.

FANTASTIC.

Just before the update I was in the FA Cup 5th round, League Cup Final, Euro Cup 2nd Knock out round, and 4 points clear in the EPL with FOUR games in hand.

My team no longer defend anything at all, and so 2 months later I'm out of all the cups, and four points behind 1st place in the EPL with only one game in hand.

FM13 has just been ruined for me. Thanks, I really appreciate it.

I guess they should stop making patches so as not to ruin your save.

I know this is probably in the wrong area of the forums but i haven't taken the course in how to work out where you're meant to discuss things you've discovered in the game. There was a post in this section earlier about a lack of shots per game which someone from si had said was sorted in the patch, which i assume is the cause of these strange results, but that was closed down so i can't post this there either.

Since today's update i've had twice broken my record and the premier leagues record results. I'm playing as arsenal about seven seasons in with a reasonable team that have won a few leagues and a couple of champions leagues and is currently top of the premier league. First or second game since the update was a 9-0 home thrashing of fulham who were 7th in the table, 3 games later a 13-0 humping of aston villa who were 17th (with my regen 20 year old striker scoring 7).

Anyone else finding this? (not that i expect any response other than one from a mod telling me to post it in the appropriate forum before closing it)

I guess they should stop making patches so as not to ruin your save.

Would you rather I praised SI for ruining my save with this latest patch?

Surely I'm allowed to state a fact based on my immediate experience of the update? It was going brilliantly, the game was updated, and now its ruined (for me).

I wasn't saying that patches shouldn't be released in order to keep me happy, but nonetheless I'm still devastated at how it's turned out.

You know how emotions run high when it comes to football, and FM in particular. You really can't blame me for being extremely disappointed when all the fun has been taken away from me.

For some reason during a match it shows on the match progress bar yellow cards, even though I haven't actually got up to that point in the match yet. When I did get to that point in the match no yellow card was given.

They've disappeared now... Hmm

This. In my case it's actually the yellows and reds from the previous match still showing up.

Cares ?? Is it bug news from new update? :| It's really annoying this sh*t.

This is the ME thread, your post should go in the non-ME thread. However, your answer is here:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/339003-*Official*-Football-Manager-2013-13.2-Constructive-NON-ME-Feedback-Thread?p=8391406&viewfull=1#post8391406

Hmm, just won 8-0 followed by 7-3. I think I'll keep my FM12 save going for a bit longer. Though I do like that FM13 is now much faster and improvements have been made in general and probably will come back to it in the future but right now I don't think its for me.

I thought perhaps some of you guys were exaggerating about the dribbling. Well, 'life is like a box of chocolates' :lol: RUN FOREST!!!

Well, one of my wingers has just made 14 runs, and scored the most amazing goal I think I have ever seen. Picks it up inside his own half, proceeds to beat 3 players, gets inside the box, virtually by the byline, beats another 4 players from the tightest of all angles and then smashes low past the keeper at his near post. This dribbling is way unrealistic and is partly spoiling the attractive football that can be played. I'm playing a possession game, but my IF's now think they're the stars of the show (they are now) and will hardly ever pass, instead just running as if they're Forest Gump!

Well played 2 freindly games as NUFC, results;

Away won 1-0 (shots 8-12)

Away won 2-1 (shots 14-9)

The ingame speed seems to be playing faster re processsing. Playing windowed mode no issues. ME again looks ok on extended, no obvious glaring errors, apart from the usual you get in games occassionally. Will continue to monitor.

Do not understand these high scores maybe I will run into them?

For those of you that are experiencing a high amount of shots in your matches, is a high proportion of them coming from 'Long Shots'? Just in my games, my shots seem reasonable whereby the AI are having a high amount of shots albeit from long range.

Not a big deal but I see some of my players hair colour has randomly changed. A couple of brown haired players are now blonde. Anyone else noticed this?

Footballers always playing around with their hair!! Blondes the new black then?

FANTASTIC.

Just before the update I was in the FA Cup 5th round, League Cup Final, Euro Cup 2nd Knock out round, and 4 points clear in the EPL with FOUR games in hand.

My team no longer defend anything at all, and so 2 months later I'm out of all the cups, and four points behind 1st place in the EPL with only one game in hand.

FM13 has just been ruined for me. Thanks, I really appreciate it.

sorry this made me laugh

Archived