Match Engine Update 13.2 - ME feedback here please.

Started a new save game with the new patch, and so far really think it's a great improvement. Only play friendly games, so it could be a little early, but so far this is what i think:

Plus:

- More shots, something that i think is great

- The football from both teams seems more fluid

- When i'm dominating a game i've no longer the feeling that at any moment the opponent can score. Feel much more in control of the situation.

- Keepers... great ...huge improvement

- Defenders, in particulary central defenders, seem alot better in terms of positition and how to cover from through balls

Minus:

- Wingers seem to cut inside to often.

- Too many passes in the midfield before trying any attacking play. But, i'm still playing friendlies and my tactic is still far from being fluid.

In conclusion, really nice job SI! :applause:

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Agreed that this patch has improved upon some of the other glaring bugs which is a good thing, but this lunatic dribbling that we're witnessing and high amount of goals being scored does spoil it somewhat. I personally have not scored buckets of goals, but then I am a very weak side in my division, so for me at this stage it is not a problem but would be if I became a top quality side. However, the dribbling is insane. My players have suddenly become Mr Messi and I cannot fathom how in just 4hrs of the patch being released that this thread is plastered with comments regarding the dribbling and yet SI have been working on this patch for ~5-6 weeks and did not notice it.

Question to SI, Will we really have to wait until feb/march for a patch that fixes the 'all players become Mr Messi'?

I am experiencing this only with WB's and my AP/A and IF/A both which i actually expect to run with ball often especially since they have plenty of space for it, although i agree to a point that when they start running they seem nearly unstoppable, although while not entirely realistic i find this hardly to be game breaking or something that would make anyone not enjoying the game imo.

My only issue with these runs and dribbles is that since i use a solo TM in front, they start running and dribbling and they don't supply to him at all. I was about to ask if anyone else felt this or had any dificulties playing with a solo man on attack, i've done some little tests with another roles but it seems he's simply not being supplied as he was on the patch before.

Although this might be an issue of him being a new striker on the team, who knows how adapting to a team and such affect the game.

Yeah, the goals via mazey dribbling really does take me right out of the game now. I mean, Ryan Giggs scored one Vs. Arsenal and we're still talking about it more than a decade later as maybe the greatest goal the FA Cup ever saw. Now there is one of these per game, every game.

This :thup:

I just had 37 shots on target on a friendly, where my 2nd half team was 90% my B team... bit too much?

On the bright side, I'm not seeing 2-3 injured players per game (counting both sides), which is mainly what took the enjoyment out of the game for me.

Will dig deeper!

• Administrators
Game 4 against Blackburn away, win 5-0, 17 shots 8 on taget. I'm now retiring this game until ME is fixed. Shots and scorelines are destroying my game. I have now scored 26 goals in 4 games.

Who are you playing as in what season?

Have won 4 games in a row now and I'm back to the top of the EPL. Made a few minor adjustments to my tactic(s), and used slightly different shouts during matches. Definitely an improvement...

Have now yet to concede an Own Goal in 12 matches which would've been unheard of before.

Have scored 3 and conceded 1 direct free kick.

Have scored a couple of goals from outside the box.

Less defensive heart attacks.

I should've changed my tactics earlier :(:D

I don't seem to be getting either excessive mazy dribbles by wide players, nor the ridiculously high scoring games (either my own games or others).

Are people who are getting these scores all using the default database, or have editors been used? Perhaps if you've continued a saved game on a modified database after the update, it's affecting the game? Dunno if that's even possible, but it's weird how not everyone is affected by the high scores/chances.

I have played a few more games as a test. Got totally destroyed in one by Emmanuel Adebayor who now dribbles like Messi and has the pace and engine of a 21 year old genius!!

I think it's just a shame that once again some people are forced to place long shots and rarely or going to easy tackling to try and prevent a pressing issue as what is the point of having those options in there if it's best to turn them off or down to try and counteract a game issue?

Loving the way people think this patch is going to dramatically alter the game. It's not, it's simply ironing out some of the more obvious bugs. It's still going to be the same game.

In fact, let's have a prediction on the 'Patch Timeline'

1 - Patch is released, much happiness and cheering

2 - Initial posts gushing in praise of how the game is 'so much better'

3 - After the initial reaction, some players still can't get their teams to win, so start to over analyse the game again looking for faults

4 - Within a week, posts of 'unplayable' and 'broken' resurface.

How do we know this? Because it's exactly how it happened last time.

And before the mods start giving a 'keep it on topic' speech, I think we've exhausted every last drop of 'feedback' for this version of the ME. Videos and scenarios being posted are re-runs of incidents we've seen a thousand times.

Therefore, I suggest any bickering on this thread should now be heartily encouraged. Let's have a bit of fun, eh?

1: Obvious one, you're right. :thup:

2: Wrong. High amount of goals and Mr Messi dribbling has caused for many to start complaining straight after the patch was released.

3: Not got there yet.

4: I think some are already saying this.

I wonder if the 11 Messis problem is exclusive to top level football? I'm playing through pre-season with my newly promoted League One team and I'm seeing nothing of the sort. In fact I'd say it looks rather balanced so far (small sample size though.)

There seems to be a lot more sideways movement off the ball, build up play looks really good. maybe a little too fluid for the level of footballer I'm dealing with though but again, small sample yet.

I started as Arsenal in season 1 since the update, away games are mainly fine but at home I'm crushing everyone by 6 or 7 goals, just beat Chelsea 5-1 which is my smallest home win in 6. Can't say I've noticed the crazy dribbling though.....I've found far more of a problem with free kicks, Arteta has been scoring 1 free kick every 2 games and getting plenty of assists as well, conceded a few as well.

I wonder if the 11 Messis problem is exclusive to top level football? .

Might be onto something there. Thinking back, most of the people who had the worst issues seemed to be using the top sides. Perhaps because the top players stats are so much better, everything is magnified, including the faults. I never go a top side, so I wouldn't know for sure.

http://i.imgur.com/0jyqX.png

It's all like Pre-Release again. I don't even play with wingers, i play a 4-1-3-2 with 3 Central Midfielders

I have always been confused by this as the amount of assists being shown never tallies up with the actual amount of goals scored.. It shows that you have scored 15 or 16 goals and yet the assists in the green zones only cater for 11 goals. Am I missing something?

I have always been confused by this as the amount of assists being shown never tallies up with the actual amount of goals scored.. It shows that you have scored 15 or 16 goals and yet the assists in the green zones only cater for 11 goals. Am I missing something?

Unassisted goals.

It's because 1 out of 3 Goals is an incredible solo run from my strikers or my Advanced Playmaker in the Central midfield.

• Administrators

Surely some goals don't have assists? If they come off say a defender or through a mistake?

Since the update: P13 W13 For 63 Against 6. I play with one attacking midfielder behind two poachers. I have two players for each position who I rotate. For these six players since the update, the ratings for the last 5games has gone ridiculously high...

AMC- 8.28 AMC- 8.22

STR- 8.30 STR- 8.42 STR- 8.18 STR- 8.66

I'm West Ham in 2020, my team is good but I have always had to battle for trophies. Youngsters are no longer inconsistent, everyone plays like Messi now!

Ive gone from being top of the league won 10 drawn 5 lost 0. To playing bottom of the league teams at home, and doing absolutely shocking and losing 2-5.

Not only that but the game has dramatically slowed down, and the amount of news items has increased dramatically!

unplayble, when players get into your box because no one tackles, cant use the play from defence shoult because striker just tackle your defenders passing in pointless triangles, players are still running all over the pitch instead of forwards.

also sick of players being not interested or anxious the entire match.

Does the ME get tested by people actually playing it , or is it all soak tests to get long term stats ?

ME's should really be handed out to testers before general release, SI can't be happy with how this year has turned out.

Computer is off now but I'll submit some examples tomorrow , there is something really wrong with dribbling and fullbacks.

Ive gone from being top of the league won 10 drawn 5 lost 0. To playing bottom of the league teams at home, and doing absolutely shocking and losing 2-5.

Not only that but the game has dramatically slowed down, and the amount of news items has increased dramatically!

Sorry just to amend, that while typing that it ended up 2-8. Nice

Played a few matches. My team is Bromley, with a focus on tackling and winning the ball high up the pitch. Before the patch I was on a 20 game undefeated run.

non-ME changes

-My scouting range was reduced to England only the next day.

-I got game reports for every BSS game, not just mine. Lots of spam.

ME changes

-throw-ins still broken. Had a player toss the ball straight to an opposing player when there wasn't a single one of my players in the same half.

-strange decision making by my defenders, heading the ball all over. Looks like the 3 stooges sometimes.

-running with the ball, way too much running with the ball.

-way too many long shots. Horrible, awful terrible long shots not even remotely close to going in. My defensive central midfielder was taking pot shots from the middle of the field. Didn't see that before.

-My forwards keep leaving the ball for my wingers to shoot. Once I had a striker standing a few feet from the ball and he waited while a winger came from the touchline to miss horribly.

-Ball physics looks nicer, ball seems to move more fluid.

-Headers are absolutely terrible. Could be my players are bad at headers, but they are attempting headers that are just...awful. Could be same as the defender problem above. Not sure why my players seem so much more incompetent at heading now.

-Strange passing decisions now. Seeing more long cross field balls. Last ME version I tended to get spells of Barca style passing in the midfield, now the players seem to focus on dribbling, long balls up the field and crosses despite no changes to my tactics.

-Gameplay speed seems slower somehow. Off, not sure. Just feels different.

-Tactics windows looks squished up.

-When ball goes out of play, definitely much better at getting it going again, doesn't bounce half way across the field and wait while the goalkeeper walks there.

I'm not sure if this patch will be good or bad, but its pretty much sunk my team. Time to start over...again.

edit- lost 4 games in a row after a 20 game unbeaten run.

The patch reset some tick boxes in the manage subscriptions section, uncheck pre match media and you won't have to suffer the extra news items.

Does the ME get tested by people actually playing it , or is it all soak tests to get long term stats ?

ME's should really be handed out to testers before general release, SI can't be happy with how this year has turned out.

Computer is off now but I'll submit some examples tomorrow , there is something really wrong with dribbling and fullbacks.

Id imagine SI have internal testers who work at HQ

Hate to say it, but it's your tactics:

http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/4537/goallocations.jpg

The Update doesn't at all reflect the tactical options i'm using though. It was perfectly reflecting it in the old ME (which i liked a lot) and now it's very weird.

http://i.imgur.com/2s9UX.png

This was my standart-tactic for 3 years now and worked perfectly. It had some flaws but the football it represented was very nice to watch. After the Update the players made crazy tackles resulting in a lot of red cards and all my team did was longshots. I still won my games, but it wasn't very pleasing to watch. Which is okay i guess, you have to adapt to a new ''Meta-Game'' with every update, so i changed it a bit.

http://i.imgur.com/iCjlY.png

I tweaked a bit around and ended up with this tactic, which should give me a lot of possession, especially with all my Central and Defensive Midfielders (the ones that i use on Team Selection are basically my b-squad because i played against a bad team) having almost 20 passing and high creaticity, decisions etc.

I can't say that nothing changed, but it changed in a very unbelievable way. My team is pressing up high, plays very fast and very direct football. My Full Backs to Messi-Runs through the whole team (they did that with the old tactic too though) and my Strikers basically play as Wingers, with one Striker on the close post to score the goal and the other one providing the cross.

I can't complain that i'm not scoring enough goal or that the game is too hard, it's more the other way around. It is too easy now and it doesn't in any way reflect the tactics that i've set up.

Edit: Oh and i have the problem with 3-4 defenders marking a single player.

Edit2: With ''Old ME'' i mean before the new update

If you have windows 7 you can go back by using a restore point, just go to the control panel and type in restore point and it will come up with the options. Then start steam in offline mode to play 13.1.3. You won't be able to load any game you've saved using 13.2 but you can go back to earlier save games

AI players

run at my defence

my players

with run at defence. run a bit, pass, pass shoot wide.

nice work, 24 minutes in 2 yellows and 2-0 down. waste of time

now 4-0 down due to keepers parrying ball to oppositon YET AGAIN.

not realistic this, my players miss all thier chances as well.

why are AI players all fine, and mine useless?

• Administrators
AI players

run at my defence

my players

with run at defence. run a bit, pass, pass shoot wide.

nice work, 24 minutes in 2 yellows and 2-0 down. waste of time

now 4-0 down due to keepers parrying ball to oppositon YET AGAIN.

The match engine isn't any different for the user and the AI.

If you have windows 7 you can go back by using a restore point, just go to the control panel and type in restore point and it will come up with the options. Then start steam in offline mode to play 13.1.3. You won't be able to load any game you've saved using 13.2 but you can go back to earlier save games

This is really sad, because SI listened to a lot of non-ME complaints and really really improved the game. The ME is complettely out of balance after the update though and i doubt that we will see a new update soon.

well why is it behaving differant?

my players dont tackle, every AI shot is flying in form everywhere, my players dont run at

a tactic that has been keeping clean sheets is now conceding 12 shots on target? and dispite being an attacking formation only creating next to nothing?

Defenders just get dribbled past like they are league 1 defenders aginst CR7

it is IMPOSSIBLE to play away from home.

well why is it behaving differant?

my players dont tackle, every AI shot is flying in form everywhere, my players dont run at

a tactic that has been keeping clean sheets is now conceding 12 shots on target? and dispite being an attacking formation only creating next to nothing?

Defenders just get dribbled past like they are league 1 defenders aginst CR7

Im same as this guy. Play an attacking formation at home , control possesion, yet the away team still has more shots then me, even when they are a much weaker team

Archived