Match Engine Update 13.2 - ME feedback here please.

early stages but the ME has moved on definitely tactics seem to be more positional solid, players make more intelligent plausible runs, wingers cross now seeing different goals. Not so much repetition of same style goals, will add more feedback as i play it more.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the thing i still find so disappointing with fm13 is that i never ever feel in control of proceedings....in fm12 go a goal up,change to defend,time waste,retain possesion etc you could actualy see it being implemented,didnt always work,but at least you could see you team trying to see out time or waste time intentionaly.....in fm 13,i go a goal up then set to defend,waste time,retain possesion etc and nothing changes at all,still hoof the ball,take throws,goal kicks imediately........very very poor game,the update in my opinion has improved very very little........JUST NOOOOOOOO CONTROL over tactics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what is with random players all dribbling like they have 20's?

i thought defenders were sorted to defend better, now it seems they dont mark as tight as they did to break up play.

and from my throw in, to my player an Opposition player SOMEHOW got infront of my player (no idea how as he was behind then infront) my players knocks him over then he was sent off for violent conduct?

and almost conceded from my own throw in...

Well played 2 freindly games as NUFC, results;

Away won 1-0 (shots 8-12)

Away won 2-1 (shots 14-9)

The ingame speed seems to be playing faster re processsing. Playing windowed mode no issues. ME again looks ok on extended, no obvious glaring errors, apart from the usual you get in games occassionally. Will continue to monitor.

Do not understand these high scores maybe I will run into them?

Home draw 1-1 (shots 12-9)

ME still running ok and looking better than in 13.1.0?

Is this game stable enough to play? Its my first fm in a few years. I dont normally buy this early i wait for all patches, the feedback doesnt sound good to me. Alot goals and shots.

Did you not see my thread above? Game very stable.

To have this update i have to start a new game?

Or in my save game i'll notice the differences?

Only one were they suggest starting new game is the Italian pension tax changes I think. Otherwise carry on.

I would say passing is alot better. Now you can swifty string 10+passes together. Player animations are still strange, they look like there skating on ice.

Pressing is way to extreme. I have 3 attackers chasing down the gk. You should try to implement a way where you can instruct players to press certain players and area's on the pitch.

Inside forwards? Do they even exist? I havent seen my inside forward make one diagonal run inbehind when my striker comes deep. They just play as a normal wide player and occasional dribble inside. I wish you could instruct where exactly you want your players to make runs too. A bit like the old Champ Man series where you had arrows on the tactics screen.

Full backs make insane crazy dribbles 50 yards infield.

Thats all i picked up on so far. Will post again when played it more.

the thing i still find so disappointing with fm13 is that i never ever feel in control of proceedings....in fm12 go a goal up,change to defend,time waste,retain possesion etc you could actualy see it being implemented,didnt always work,but at least you could see you team trying to see out time or waste time intentionaly.....in fm 13,i go a goal up then set to defend,waste time,retain possesion etc and nothing changes at all,still hoof the ball,take throws,goal kicks imediately........very very poor game,the update in my opinion has improved very very little........JUST NOOOOOOOO CONTROL over tactics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with this to an extent, not the very very poor game bit as I do think its a decent game even if I'm not playing it but I feel like a passenger on FM13.

Is this game stable enough to play? Its my first fm in a few years. I dont normally buy this early i wait for all patches, the feedback doesnt sound good to me. Alot goals and shots.

I honestly feel it is much better,since I set all my players to rarely to shoot from distance the shots on goal have come down by half,it is a lot better now than pre-patch,

I am now seeing goals from corners and from free kicks that I did not see pre-patch.

Before I changed the player settings I was seeing far to many shots on goal but with this small adjustment it is much better.

Give it a try before you judge it.

Playing as Arsenal and in my 4th season, using a counter attacking direct 442.

20 games into the season with the previous engine, was top of the league and due to my defensive approach I'd conceded 8 goals. Since the update I've conceded 8 in the last 2 games and scored 7. Just lost 4-3 to Chelsea and they had 31 shots!

My main gripe is that players appear unable to tackle, both me and my opponents have fullbacks, wingers and strikers collecting the ball and dancing past 3 or 4 players before having a shot. The only time players seem to get tackled is when they run into the back of one of their own teammates.

Is it me or do a HUGE amount of shots now go directly at the keeper? I'm seeing a fairly low conversion rate on clear cut chances here. Also it seems like this patch turned high-flair players into absolute lunatics who will basically run with the ball and take a crazy shot 90% of the time they touch the ball. I just played Man Utd and I knew I had nothing to fear whenever Nani touched the ball, because he'd just do a crazy run and fire off a shot that missed by 10 feet.

Overall this still seems an improvement, though. Most of my main gripes (CBs flummoxed by through balls, fullbacks giving wingers way too much room to cross) seem addressed.

Ok, just throwing a rock here... Si mentioned they didn't notice such a high amount of shots in the tests they performed... maybe the patch isn't fully compatible with old saves? Anyone who started a new game has these problems with high scoring games and shots?

I've just switched to zonal marking and cautious tackling which has reduced the pressing issue quite a bit. Maybe a prob with players taking their man marking duties too far?

My AM line seems to give up tracking back at all if I'm behind and the mentality is set to anything above standard now which is a bit frustrating.

Also I've just seen the 1st long pass curl through nearly 90 degrees since I patched so that's still a prob.

If i was SI i'd be the one saying i was quitting fm and farewell everyone lol. The ammount of long shots is fine and most of them go out the pitch or blocked as they were supposed to, the difference now is you won't see players with good chances of scoring from outside the box just passing the ball and not taking that risk, which is a good thing.

The game is so clearly improved now i don't even understand why people are this upset, especially why would anyone say they want the last version back lol. Only issue i see so far is that WB's seem to be incredibly selfish and attacking, dribbling everyone and trying to score or cross, and it's happening too often. Rather than that.. i just lost 0-2 against Man Utd with 2 amazing goals one from a long shot and i'm happy cuz my team got clearly outplayed not some dumb goal due to ME issues.

I thought i'd never say this to anyone but "it's your tactics" or your team, i had almost 50 shots at goal on only one pre season game against a way weaker team playing with my main squad, against teams on my level i have the usual 15-20 shots and so the AI, as they already provided this is along the lines of RL football.

Other than the super WB's i really don't see any major concerns and sorry but like i've said on previous posts, i wasn't happy at all with how the ME was but their potential was clear, and after this patch the ME is clearly showing it's potential is far higher than the 12 ME was.

There are ofc things that can still be improved but the game is ridiculously better than it was.

Edit : I'm worry about penalties tho', i had 2 so far and Cavani failed both trying to do a panenka easily defended by the keeper, doesn't seem right..

Game 3 against West Ham (as Man Utd) away, this time I used a complete different 11 players (my B team). Trashed West Ham 6-2 with me having 18 shots / 14 on goal. SI can you please draw back this patch and give us the previous engine back? You need to look at the current ME since it seems to be simulating tennis rather than football.

Game 3 against West Ham (as Man Utd) away, this time I used a complete different 11 players (my B team). Trashed West Ham 6-2 with me having 18 shots / 14 on goal. SI can you please draw back this patch and give us the previous engine back? You need to look at the current ME since it seems to be simulating tennis rather than football.

Tennis :lol:

Oh dear SI.

Pre patch, played 26 league games, conceded 6 goals. Post patch played 4 conceded 6. Doubled my conceded goals in less than 1/6th of the games played. Defending was possibly overpowered before but its now been completely nerfed.

All full backs are now under the impression that they are Lionel Messi, going on mazy dribbles all over the pitch. They also seem to have devolved to their beta level of cross defending.

Shots from both teams have gone from okay but maybe a bit low to stupidly high. Its like basketball now. Just absolutely mental.

Passing is better. Yay, one thing right I guess but at the expense of so many other things.

Oh and the corner exploits are back, brilliant, well done.

Please get more beta testers and eliminate all the ones who clearly either kiss SI ass or are just in it to play the game early. There's no way that these issues should have made it into this patch.

The game is so clearly improved now i don't even understand why people are this upset, especially why would anyone say they want the last version back lol. Only issue i see so far is that WB's seem to be incredibly selfish and attacking, dribbling everyone and trying to score or cross, and it's happening too often. Rather than that.. i just lost 0-2 against Man Utd with 2 amazing goals one from a long shot and i'm happy cuz my team got clearly outplayed not some dumb goal due to ME issues.

I have the problem with the 10 players on the pitch. Not only the WB's. They ALL want to run with the ball, and all want to enter WITH the ball into the goal.

This update is in my opinion a step back.

An update should keep the good and fix the problems. Everytime with SI & Sega, an update bring new problems. Was like that with FM Live, and they continue with FM13 !

And WE (customers) are those who really test the game.

To be honest I've not seen much difference so far apart from the players reacting a little better, I'm still seeing roughly the same amount of shots as before and I'm still grinding out 1 - 0 and 2 - 1 wins. It's a good game and I've got no complaints apart from defenders, mainly fullbacks, are still just blasting the ball all the way off the other end of the pitch at every opportunity. I might start a new save as I don't think you get the full benifits of an update with an already running one.

If i was SI i'd be the one saying i was quitting fm and farewell everyone lol. The ammount of long shots is fine and most of them go out the pitch or blocked as they were supposed to, the difference now is you won't see players with good chances of scoring from outside the box just passing the ball and not taking that risk, which is a good thing.

I thought i'd never say this to anyone but "it's your tactics" or your team, i had almost 50 shots at goal on only one pre season game against a way weaker team playing with my main squad, against teams on my level i have the usual 15-20 shots and so the AI, as they already provided this is along the lines of RL football.

Other than the super WB's i really don't see any major concerns and sorry but like i've said on previous posts, i wasn't happy at all with how the ME was but their potential was clear, and after this patch the ME is clearly showing it's potential is far higher than the 12 ME was.

There are ofc things that can still be improved but the game is ridiculously better than it was.

Agreed that this patch has improved upon some of the other glaring bugs which is a good thing, but this lunatic dribbling that we're witnessing and high amount of goals being scored does spoil it somewhat. I personally have not scored buckets of goals, but then I am a very weak side in my division, so for me at this stage it is not a problem but would be if I became a top quality side. However, the dribbling is insane. My players have suddenly become Mr Messi and I cannot fathom how in just 4hrs of the patch being released that this thread is plastered with comments regarding the dribbling and yet SI have been working on this patch for ~5-6 weeks and did not notice it.

Question to SI, Will we really have to wait until feb/march for a patch that fixes the 'all players become Mr Messi'?

Huh, I think I'm actually going to like FM13 now...

Ball physique much improved - especially set pieces and long shots.

Tackles improved.

Visually my team plays worse now and the AI better. Fine by me as results now actually reflects what's going on. No more 2 runs down the flanks to secure AI victory.

Haven't noticed sliding (own) goals. Still there are crosses but these are better handled by defence.

Seems there are a bit too many shots which reflects in too many goals. This seems to be a problem with especially AI vs AI games as I haven't noticed it too much in my games.

So we are back at too many long shots now? Is this so hard to balance correctly? I don't remember the previous versions having that much problems with shots but maybe i am mistaken...

no, shot count and long/angled shots have been a problem for years. I actually feel it is a lot better with this ME then it was before. I was almost about to go back to my wide 4-2-3-1 back from the narrow version because I had long shot galore. over 50% of the shots unless using the "work ball into box" shout which cut it down to around 30-35%. Now I'm having a healty 25-30% over 7 matches, and I've almost exclusively played teams sitting deep, which have been causing my players to fire from all over the place before.

Shot count though worries me. I average around 38 a match if I calculated correctly through the last 4 league matches, and score in excess of 4 a match.

Then again, I got a healthy bag of superstars playing in each position (apart from right back, just a normal star there lol).

The through ball passing issue from last patch is now turned into the through ball dribbling issue...Defenders are terrible at taking them on.

This is mentioned a lot, I see. But it's not happening in my games and I've set Creative freedom to More expressive.

Both mine and AI players are closed down and tackled if they dribble too much.

I think we need to wait 999 more patches for realistic match engine... unfortunately 2013 waste of money...

I play this game since CM 00-01(12-13 years before) @ those old games players headbutt, kick, punch to each others depends on match tension why "sports interactive" delete them after cm?? players just get banned after two feet tackle and last man fouling... Also 2012's match engine were better than 2013 even I didn't bought and update that(2012). Paid and bought orginally 2013 for you release that with my native language(Turkish) thanks for that. But the fm 2013 really baddest football manager game of "sports interactive" since 2000

Clubs in Champions League are scoring too much.

CSKA Sofia 1-8 HSV

City 6:0 Shakhtar

Celtic 3:2 Dortmund

Real Madrid 3:0 PSV

Panathinaikos 3:0 Fenerbahce

PSG 4:0 Juventus

Inter 1:6 Chelsea

Valencia 5:2 Tel Aviv

----------------------

Hajduk 2:1 Bayern

Man Utd 7:0 Zenit

Glatasaray 1:2 Lyon

Schalke 2:0 Kopenhagen

Anderlecht 0:3 Porto

Milan 3:0 At. Madrid

Barcelona 6:0 Rapid

Rubin 5:4 Liverpool

etc.

Yeah, the goals via mazey dribbling really does take me right out of the game now. I mean, Ryan Giggs scored one Vs. Arsenal and we're still talking about it more than a decade later as maybe the greatest goal the FA Cup ever saw. Now there is one of these per game, every game.

We can blame you, though, for not doing enough research into Steam to know to put it on offline mode if you don't want it to update automatically. :p

Indeed. A faux pas on my part :(

sorry this made me laugh

Posted in the heat of the moment. I'm sure you all understand :D

I managed to fix it.

In the preferences I changed the 3D frame rate from 'automatic' to '60' and it has cleared it up.

Maybe help you guys in testing or indeed anyone else that has the problem.

Yes,I had this too-let me change this in options and I'll tell You later was it succesfull or not

Archived