Match Engine Update 13.2 - ME feedback here please.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators
Is anyone else noticing the slightly annoying thing just before a goal is scored?

The game basically freezes/pauses ever so slightly,I can tell when there is going to be a goal even before the ball crosses the line,this only happens before a goal and no other time.

You running any custom graphics/logos/skins etc? What type of system do you have with what graphics card?

• Administrators
Whats up with defenders passing back to my keeper with strikers just waiting to intercept the ball. Conceded 4 goals like that in just 5 games

If you've got examples please raise them in the match engine bugs forum, thanks.

3 matches in (only friendlies so far)... 6-1 (H) 6-1 (A) 11-0 (A) - average of over 35 shots per match. My quick dribblers (apart from Neymar, who now, all of a sudden, after 5 years with the club and 65 goals in the last 18 months "appears to have serious problems blending into the squad") just tear teams apart. I've seen my guys put in some great passing moves, a lot more incredible dribblings and some silly mistakes. Seems like people who reliad on defens first tactics are screwed. heavy pressing now leads to a ton of gaps in your team, even more than there used to be.

From the matches I played 2 were against Urawa reds (the two away matches, PC crash beofre I could save after the first "attempt") and the other one was against Internacional. I'll monitor this when the league starts, but if my observations are true I won't need any more tall and strong players up front, just quick guys with great dribbling. And I'll put them all into AMC slots to give them a chance to pick the ball up at midfield and "RWB often" into the opposition box.

Then again.. it will be hell going up against Barcelona... ah well, Messi is 32 in my save now, just 2-3 more years of pain lol.

Lots and lots and lots of goals like this:

And this:

These are both from the same match, btw. He did it a third time, too, but the keeper parried that one.

This, you get ripped a new one whenever someone has some pace, and dribbling ability. Shane Long, yes - Shane Long, just scored a hat trick of these against me. Pick up the ball, run effortlessly past my back four and slot it. I am Everton and Mirralis is doing exactly the same for me, he has turned into Ronaldo.

I hardly ever, ever post, but I was in the middle of an enjoyable save, which I shall now be leaving until the next patch.

Just want to add I realise trying to balance these ME changes must be monumentally difficult, so this is not criticism in the sense no doubt the changes were made for good reasons, but it feels a little broken right now.

What I really like is the long shots. The ball flys and this is really nice to watch. Look like real life.

What I hate is my players who run run run run run run run (with the ball of course) with "the all oppenent team" on his back..

Also, it will be nice to have fixed the additional time (yes, there is a problem with it). The majority of the time, it's +2min whatever the injuries and the amount of substitutions.

So far the only thing i agree that it seems strange is the fact that WB's are now too selfish like i previously stated, they cut inside trying to score, and well i've seen plenty of those in RL although the ammount of times they try this per game is too much imho.

I couldn't disagree more about the poor passing choices, you might wanna check your style of play or your players passing, as this was def improved.

The number of shots seems reasonable as well.

Played a few games and always get ripped open by a pacey forward whilst the defenders run in the other direction. Also very annoying when your GK stands and stares at the ball near the penalty spot allowing one of theirs to slam it home.

First 6 matches of new patch:

Won 7-0 against Braga. Euro Cup

Lost 3-0 against Man Utd. FA Cup 5th Round

Drew 2-2 against Braga. Euro Cup

Lost 1-0 against Man Utd. League Cup Final

Lost 3-1 against Spurs. Premiership

Won 3-0 against West Brom. Premiership

We had only lost 1 meaningful match up until that point all season (it's March in-game), so it is kind of worrying.

On a plus note - passing was much better, we had many more shots at goal and none of the goals against us were conceded from idiotic defensive errors.

I'm disappointed to be out of 2 cups immediately after updating the game, but in fairness we could've lost those matches regardless. I'll know more by the end of the season...

Neil, i have a question with respect!

Such as you are not responding to both claim too many goals, too many shots on goal, too many players running with the ball (up to 2 youtube videos with 2 goals exactly alike) truly do not understand.

I do not understand that do not respond to this error.

Mr Neil clients expect their responses to this with the same respect that I ask for clarification on these points

Used to have huge issues beating 'bigger' teams in the Champions League. First match after the patch, home to Chelsea (me playing Belgian league winners Anderlecht in 2017), I won 6-0. I also hit the bar/post on four other occasions, so it could have been double figures.

It seems winning in general has become a lot easier. Wingers are finally running with ball often as they should, but it may be a bit over the top right now. I have this one 19-year old regen who is fast, has a decent dribbling stat (15) and has 20 for agility and he's just running through defences like a knife through butter. I don't know if this was intentional and I love seeing my youngsters doing this, but it seems to happen a little too much. Apart from that, my full-backs are finally playing better. I had a lot of trouble getting them to perform (or getting a decent rating), but right now they're doing very, very well.

I'll try to post more once I see more, only played four games so far.

Early thoughts :

Still getting an awful lot of injuries in match.

Set pieces are now great - the opposition are scoring a hatful !!!

Outfield players make ridiculous pass backs to the keeper that result in goals. I know it happens but I have seen 3 in two games.

Goalkeeper continues to hoof it at every opportunity. On the occasion he rolled it out to my full back it was intercepted and nearly resulted in a goal.

Passing seems now to be worse.

Throw is a great attacking asset for the opposition.

Quick forwards destroy you as defending is still poor.

Still don't see any real crosses of note from wingers.

On the plus side there aren't as many own goals now but I guess defenders passing to opposition strikers have replaced that.

Is anyone else noticing the slightly annoying thing just before a goal is scored?

The game basically freezes/pauses ever so slightly,I can tell when there is going to be a goal even before the ball crosses the line,this only happens before a goal and no other time.

You running any custom graphics/logos/skins etc? What type of system do you have with what graphics card?
Nothing added Neil.

I have an AMD965@3.4,6870 1GB card.

I managed to fix it.

In the preferences I changed the 3D frame rate from 'automatic' to '60' and it has cleared it up.

Maybe help you guys in testing or indeed anyone else that has the problem.

Just booted up the game and have been given info regarding every single premier league match that is about to take place ie match odds etc. There are 7 matches left until the end of the season, is this something that should happen? I don't get why i need to know everything about all the other matches that are taking place.

Just booted up the game and have been given info regarding every single premier league match that is about to take place ie match odds etc. There are 7 matches left until the end of the season, is this something that should happen? I don't get why i need to know everything about all the other matches that are taking place.
It is not ME related, and has been answered in the other thread. Removing from prematch building up in the lower of the two drop-downs to the right of the news item sseems to fix it

• Administrators
I managed to fix it.

In the preferences I changed the 3D frame rate from 'automatic' to '60' and it has cleared it up.

Maybe help you guys in testing or indeed anyone else that has the problem.

Cheers for that :thup:

My first impression (only 4 matches played):

So, we do can defend a lead. :)

I was having all sorts of nightmares previously whenever we got near the end of a game when leading by one goal.

Animations look much more fluent and the passing is improved.

Number of shots on goal increased a little, but looks normal to me.

I'm happy with my DMC now, I was thinking of selling my dmc's and change my tactics but I'm glad I don't have to.

The grass is still green, the sky is still blue and Messi and Ronaldo still scoring for fun. :)

On the negative side:

Crossing: looks like they are going to much towards the far post for my taste. (maybe because of my tactics)

Looks much the same to me, the only two standout things I've noticed are that free kicks and long shots look to have been tweaked so that more go in, and there's also a slightly better variety of goals, including a few curling shots into the net, something that was lacking pre-update. Just saw Franck Moussa of my Coventry side score a lovely curling half volley. There does seem to be a few more shots at goal, but in the few games I've played so far, I've not seen any excessively high scoring games.

The best just got better then, nice one.

Agreed with people who suggest that free kicks are flying in all too frequently now. I'm playing in the Polish second tier, for context. Prior to the update, I had seen maybe one free kick go in all season (3 games left), whether for or against me. Now, since the patch, I have played four games. I have seen 0, 2, 1, 2, free kicks go scored, with the last game still in progress.

• Administrators
Agreed with people who suggest that free kicks are flying in all too frequently now. I'm playing in the Polish second tier, for context. Prior to the update, I had seen maybe one free kick go in all season (3 games left), whether for or against me. Now, since the patch, I have played four games. I have seen 0, 2, 1, 2, free kicks go scored, with the last game still in progress.

Give it longer. The free kick numbers really were low previous and have been increased to a more reasonable level. Thanks.

• Administrators
I'm not complaining but the game just got ridiculously easy! Since the update I have played 10, won 10, scored 50 goals, conceded 5.

My last five premier league games finished 9-0, 6-0, 7-0, 5-0, 8-1. haha

Who are you playing as? What season are you in?

Only played one match, total of 21 shots (11 for me) 8 on target, lost 1-0. However, brought Buonanoutte on 74mins and he ended up with 5 shots (2 on target). Bit excessive that he had 5 shots alone in 16 mins whereby the amc he replaced only had 1 shot. I know it's only 1 game played but just thought I would share. :)

I am West Ham and I am miles into the future. 2020. I have never scored this many goals and won so consistently around Xmas because of fixture congestion. Its normally tough. I have always noticed that my central midfielders have never performed that well, my star midfield players with good attributes would only get around 7.10 for a season where as my star strikers would get maybe 7.80 at the end of a season. My midfielders are now playing amazingly well and my strikers are scoring hatricks in virtually every game.

My game has updated automatically and judging by the feedback on here I'm not going to be very happy. I mean 7,8,9-0 nils is just ridiculous. Seems to me the game has been dumbed down for the whingers and whiners. Sad day

• Administrators
My game has updated automatically and judging by the feedback on here I'm not going to be very happy. I mean 7,8,9-0 nils is just ridiculous. Seems to me the game has been dumbed down for the whingers and whiners. Sad day

Why not play it first before providing feedback? Let us know how you get on, thanks.

FANTASTIC.

Just before the update I was in the FA Cup 5th round, League Cup Final, Euro Cup 2nd Knock out round, and 4 points clear in the EPL with FOUR games in hand.

My team no longer defend anything at all, and so 2 months later I'm out of all the cups, and four points behind 1st place in the EPL with only one game in hand.

FM13 has just been ruined for me. Thanks, I really appreciate it.

Archived