*Football Manager 13 Pre-Order Beta Official Feedback Thread* - Keep it all in here please

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As the training module has been re-designed to hide such things lot of user didn't understand (but i'm sure that the behind mechanics are always the same), and so individual training are not anymore available, can someone in SI, explain in FM13, how can we manage the player condition recovery between two matches ?

In FM11& FM12, with individual training we could manage the overall training with slider to have every player at 100% in condition before match. But now ? how can we do that ?

Are the "automatic" coaches take care about that ? can they manage feature of each player ??? without graph, without training arrows, we are blind manager now. So have you some tips to help us ?

On fear of coming off as silly for raising stupid wee issues, I've got another one.

Chief Scout comes up and says "during my scouting I've got these highly recommended players". I chose to scout one of them and now have the report on him but in the players screen there's no mention of the report. The label on the top right still gives me the "Report - " message and clicking it results in nothing happens, but if I go to my news item and select on the report there then I can see it. Should the label in the top left not update after a report has been created? Or is this for something else?

• Administrators
As the training module has been re-designed to hide such things lot of user didn't understand (but i'm sure that the behind mechanics are always the same), and so individual training are not anymore available, can someone in SI, explain in FM13, how can we manage the player condition recovery between two matches ?

In FM11& FM12, with individual training we could manage the overall training with slider to have every player at 100% in condition before match. But now ? how can we do that ?

Are the "automatic" coaches take care about that ? can they manage feature of each player ??? without graph, without training arrows, we are blind manager now. So have you some tips to help us ?

You can give the players more rest days (before and after the matches) or set them to rest via right-clicking on them.

I don't know if this can be called a bug but i noticed the following :

I selected 34 players for my Man utd ,trainingcamp tour in China.

A few of those players are under 18 and played during this tour in a few home reserve games..

I suppose this is not realistic and selected camp players should be to far away to travel back for a friendly.

Si, please improve the full backs and the defending in general!

What do league top tackle rates look like in your game? In prior FMs, fullbacks tackled far too often. I'm wondering if this has something to do with trying to get defenders to utilize the new collision avoidance AI and rely more on positioning...

• SI Staff
I don't know if this can be called a bug but i noticed the following :

I selected 34 players for my Man utd ,trainingcamp tour in China.

A few of those players are under 18 and played during this tour in a few home reserve games..

I suppose this is not realistic and selected camp players should be to far away to travel back for a friendly.

Thanks for the information, this is something that we are aware of and are looking into.

I cant get into this version compared to 12, might be different when someone does a different skin, as cant stand this skin, keeps giving me headaches when i have played it, untill then i think ill go back to playing FM12

Is there a button to undo changes just made on tactics, or to reset to the previous team as in FM12?

Also are people finding waaaay to many goals are from simple Goalkeeping errors?

Lastly had a goal given against me that didnt end up in the net! flashed across goal and appeared to hit outside of post and carried on through to edge of pitch view... goal was given tho!

other than that think it will be a brilliant version after bugs ironed out!

Question about scouting assignments:

In FM2012 a scout would work through his given assignments then stop and you would restart the assignments. I see no option to restart assignments here. Do the scouts just repeat each assignment endlessly until you cancel them?

• Administrators
Anyone else experiencing shots, that clearly miss the goal, being counted as goals? Or do my players shoot so hard that the ball penetrates the net?

There is a known issue of shots going through the net.

Sacked as Liverpool manager, 3rd of November.. 20th in the Prem..

Gerrard was injured for 2 months before the season began.. Agger was injured too..

The amount of stupid goals I conceded was insane.. and my players just seem incapable of penetrating the opponents defence apart from when they run down the wing!

Going to try a save game with PSG or a spanish team now I guess.. bleh

• Administrators
Neil I think SI must need a researcher in Barbados or Grand Cayman. For the next 5 yrs in case a gem appears. Apply for it. You deserve a break. Talk about queen and country above and beyond call of duty.

I'll get the sun tan lotion packed :D

• Administrators
Might sound a daft question what's the highlights option?

Used to go for extended but now I see a comprehensive too - is that even more highlights of the game than extended?

Key = Clear cut chances/goals mainly (3-5 minutes)

Extended = Most shots on goal and above (5-10 minutes)

Comprehensive = Above plus bookings and some build up play (10 minutes plus)

That's a rather rough description of how the system works now.

Key = Clear cut chances/goals mainly (3-5 minutes)

Extended = Most shots on goal and above (5-10 minutes)

Comprehensive = Above plus bookings and some build up play (10 minutes plus)

That's a rather rough description of how the system works now.

Cheers - comprehensive it is then. Wouldn't have the time to watch full game but like to see as much of the action as possible.

Not a bug so thought I'd post it in here but when I click to look at old games, it takes me to the loading screen which generates the match report, etc. On previous versions, I would only have to do this if I tried to view a goal / highlights / access analysis etc. This is extremely annoying if all I want to do is check which players my assistant used in a friendly or have a quick check on the formation which an opposition team used in previous games.

The loading only takes 4-5 seconds, however I check an awful lot of previous games and this is slowing me down considerably.

Is this done deliberately and, if so, is there something which I am missing which could avoid this? i.e. something within the preferences where I can set the match screen to load at stats only automatically on non-match-days? (not sure I've explained that properly)

• Administrators
Not a bug so thought I'd post it in here but when I click to look at old games, it takes me to the loading screen which generates the match report, etc. On previous versions, I would only have to do this if I tried to view a goal / highlights / access analysis etc. This is extremely annoying if all I want to do is check which players my assistant used in a friendly or have a quick check on the formation which an opposition team used in previous games.

The loading only takes 4-5 seconds, however I check an awful lot of previous games and this is slowing me down considerably.

Is this done deliberately and, if so, is there something which I am missing which could avoid this? i.e. something within the preferences where I can set the match screen to load at stats only automatically on non-match-days? (not sure I've explained that properly)

We're aware of this and it's something we're looking into. Thanks for taking the time to bring it up.

The game is taking too long in the passage of the days ... in 2012 it did not take much, because it is beta?

I usually play in Brazil, south america carry all of europe and the main, large database and in 2012 until personalizava the game, putting all the players of the two Americas and the americas

I usually play with q sometimes see only I put in some smaller countries of europe and asia ...

I realize that the stars are the same speed of the game, the problem seems in itself is the passage of days because the rest is normal

I got to create a save with only england germany france and Portugal and large database and still found slow the passage of the days of the game ...

my computer is: i5 2.4 ghz 8 gb ram graphics card: intel graphics 3000

help anyone know? Will the full game vai ta better?

Just went through the first deadline window and I have to say..was bitterly disappointed..major interest in my 3 star players amongst others offered them all out....even for £0 to test it out nothing happened no offers no nothing apart from a few media questions and I was practically stating there all available! what a shame! looked like a really good addition (one I've waited for for ages) have to say it was much easier selling players on FM12...just thought I'd give my feedback on this..I do get this is a beta so hopefully it can be flagged up still enjoying the game apart from that :thup:

I play the game in spanish language, and so far all the menus seem right but at the beginning, when my chairman said welcome to me most of the dialogs were in english...

That's because the translations weren't completed in time for Beta release, known and will be okay on the day.

Is it possible to turn off the changing pictures/rotating stadium on the match day screens? Especially the latter one is making me dizzy when trying to read on the screen. I can't find any good arguments for having any movable objects in the background of a screen that requires reading.

Other than that, and the generating of match reports everytime you try to access a match, the game looks ok. That is, I find it cruel to include the Liverpool-woodwork statistics in the game. 1st match, 5 in the woodwork ;)

• Administrators
I play the game in spanish language, and so far all the menus seem right but at the beginning, when my chairman said welcome to me most of the dialogs were in english...

Yeah as it's a work in progress not all translations are in yet. Thanks.

I have posted in the bug feedback,

In two games Drenthe has accepted a contract for 4.5k a week at Legia Warsaw, despite demanding 20k from Liverpool/Southampton. He also had offers from Ajax and Espanyol in both games as well!

He likes his bling, can't see him accepting 4.5k a week!

• Administrators
The game is taking too long in the passage of the days ... in 2012 it did not take much, because it is beta?

I usually play in Brazil, south america carry all of europe and the main, large database and in 2012 until personalizava the game, putting all the players of the two Americas and the americas

I usually play with q sometimes see only I put in some smaller countries of europe and asia ...

I realize that the stars are the same speed of the game, the problem seems in itself is the passage of days because the rest is normal

I got to create a save with only england germany france and Portugal and large database and still found slow the passage of the days of the game ...

my computer is: i5 2.4 ghz 8 gb ram graphics card: intel graphics 3000

help anyone know? Will the full game vai ta better?

If you think it's running much slower than FM12 create a thread in our tech issues forum and I'll take a look. Forum can be found here - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/295-Crashes-and-Technical-Issues

Thanks.

• Administrators
I have posted in the bug feedback,

In two games Drenthe has accepted a contract for 4.5k a week at Legia Warsaw, despite demanding 20k from Liverpool/Southampton. He also had offers from Ajax and Espanyol in both games as well!

He likes his bling, can't see him accepting 4.5k a week!

What's the tax rate in Poland? Is it much lower than Holland, Spain and England?

That Backroom advice issue happened again. Assistant is saying we need to have a meeting then everyone is too polite to raise their hand

1zm2jhk.png

I get this because i have set my backroom advice to weekly...that could be the issue!

i am sorry but right now game is broken due to absolutely insane number of goals coming from crosses. out of 10 crosses there will be 9 goals ffs!! goalkeepers are ridicilous,unable to claim crosses, unable to do anything really..defending is shockingly poor..no tackles,no winning headers. you can dominate the match, be 3-0 up and all it takes for AI is to put 3,4 crosses from anywhere on the pitch in to your box and they'll snatch a draw..i hope this will be fixed because it is just complete disaster. who tests these things in your company, maybe you should fire this person.

i am sorry but right now game is broken due to absolutely insane number of goals coming from crosses. out of 10 crosses there will be 9 goals ffs!! goalkeepers are ridicilous,unable to claim crosses, unable to do anything really..defending is shockingly poor..no tackles,no winning headers. you can dominate the match, be 3-0 up and all it takes for AI is to put 3,4 crosses from anywhere on the pitch in to your box and they'll snatch a draw..i hope this will be fixed because it is just complete disaster. who tests these things in your company, maybe you should fire this person.

It's a beta and the game is not broken, you are overreacting! Provide some pkm's for the SI send them in so they can analyse this insane situation.

i think this is a bug..everytime i play attacking style i lose for example (i play with croatia)..against scotland..0-5,wales 2-7,belgium 1-4,faroe islands 2-3,serbia 1-5.....wtf??? there is something wrogn with the game..i play with same tactics i used it in last 15 football managers :S

What's the tax rate in Poland? Is it much lower than Holland, Spain and England?

32% for people making over 85k http://www.worldwide-tax.com/poland/poland_tax.asp

52% for people making over 56k in Netherlands http://www.worldwide-tax.com/netherlands/dutch_income_tax.asp

52% for people making over 300k in Spain http://www.worldwide-tax.com/spain/spain_taxes.asp

Thought I'd do a Challenge mode to pass the time until patch is released, but take it that is the FMC mode? Not keen on this at all, totally different set out isn't it, just too different to navigate about and in match wasn't much of a nice experience for me.

Having said that normal mode looks nice to me, some nice little adjustments well done.

Not sure if this has been mentioned as I haven't read all 13 pages. Playing as Farnborough, just got my 1st win with a 3-1 win. My first two goals were scored by my striker and then we got a penalty (a dubious decision but still). To my shock the striker on a hat-trick did not take the penalty.

Don't know that this is a bug as such since the striker's penalty taking rating is a mere 4 while my usual taker has a 14. Still, not something I have seen in previous versions.

Archived