*Football Manager 13 Pre-Order Beta Official Feedback Thread* - Keep it all in here please

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This was debated about back-and-forth in the thread that discussed the blog video on training. Essentially it looks like SI have tried to make training more streamlined, user-friendly and realistic.

I fail to see how having an entire team working on attacking and a player giving up his defending training to do nothing but lift weights for 6 months is realistic.

F4 doesn't seem to work

Same with spacebar

Also can't use the arrow keys to go back or fwd etc

Also is there a way for when I click on the result it doesn't load up match report, so instead it just goes to the same page as it would on fm 12? The overall score or w/e it is just a personal issue

The main source of frustration for me has been the very bad goalkeeping. I have a save game with Juve and it makes no difference if i play Buffon or the U-20 keeper Branescu. Both do a lot of own goals, both are crap at going out for crosses and both of them save the impossible tap ins .. Also all you need to win is a really fast winger and you're set and a decent finisher on the other wing and youre done. Hope all this would be fixed as other than that potentially this is the best one yet. I know beta is there for a reason and for that reason i have faith!

Random question, but are goals still being scored where say a cross is put in and a player is basically just standing there facing the other way and it hits him on the heel/the back? Saw quite alot of those on FM12, just wondering if the same happens in FM13, because obviously a player standing there facing the other way and the ball just hitting his back and going in is completely unrealistic.

This is quite a murky area but I'll ask it anyway.

Danny Wilson. Sits in the reserves for Liverpool, signed for a few million from Rangers with all manner of clauses and add ons. Now in the game it's saying that I will be due £1m after another 46 league games (I'm guessing it's £1m after 50 games) however my question is.... given the situation with Rangers at the moment, with some players leaving for nothing and the transferring of contracts and all.... are Liverpool still accountable for that clause? Or did it become null and void after Rangers changed hands and this whole thing kicked off?

I really have to say that I think the "Manage Subscriptions" works like a dream. At the moment managing in League 2 but also have it set up to cover information on Premiership and Champions League. Works tremendously well. Get all the information I need in my inbox and very, very immersive........

• Administrators
F4 doesn't seem to work

Same with spacebar

Also can't use the arrow keys to go back or fwd etc

Also is there a way for when I click on the result it doesn't load up match report, so instead it just goes to the same page as it would on fm 12? The overall score or w/e it is just a personal issue

It's a known issue with shortcuts, that they intermittently don't work after using the search box. We're looking into it. Thanks.

• Administrators
Just had a complete crash that caused my PC to restart, before that had a couple of "Your display driver has stopped responding, windows recovered this". This doesn't happen at all apart from playing FM.

Raise the issue on the tech forum and I'll try to help - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/295-Crashes-and-Technical-Issues

Don't think this is a bug but i still want to mention it :

I signed Sime Vrsaljko from Dinamo in my Man utd save. First i needed to appeal for his work permit, he was granted one, signed for my team and know he is unavailable because of in need of a WP..

I can only solve this by loan him out for a few seasons.. but if i had knew that.. i never signed him

Placed advert for under 18's manager, people apply, one even states he wants the job, i go to offer him contract, he tells me he's not currently interested. If thats the case, he wouldn't have applied. Game is pretty slow. Dunno what feature has been put in to cause that but thers a clear problem. Great idea to do this Beta testing with the public, excellent choice

So I've played about 10 hours of the FM2013 beta so far and here are my first impressions. I've also asked a few questions alongside some of the points as I concede that some of my feedback may (MAY!) be a lack of understanding in terms of game mechanic in the new version.

1). Press conference responses exactly the same as FM2012 - very disappointing and just continues the 'non-event' of press conferences that get old very quickly. Obviously the new 'tone' feature has been implemented and I've seen this noted on my media summaries '<manager> is usually calm but sometimes assertive' but so what? What effect does this have on the game, if any? What's to stop me being aggressive every interview? What's the impact?

2). Responses to media releases from other managers is exactly the same as FM2012 and just as flawed. Half of the stuff you're asked to respond to (if not more) concludes in a dead-end because you aren't given the option to respond how a conversation would normally happen. For example, opposing manager says that our pitch is a mess, I go to respond, no option to talk about our pitch, just the stock 'I think <opposition manager> is an idiot/hero etc. How is this realistic?

3). The GUI is ok. I'm still getting to grips with the various sub menus and buttons, but I like the layout and the feel of it.

4). Player fitness is a real issue. Playing as Havant and Waterloo and half of my squad have been knackered since September (now January).

5). I was really impressed to see one of my coaches start taking his Continental C license (and pay for it himself!). I am assuming that this means that non-player staff attributes will increase over time? Please tell me this is the case, or are we assuming that Alex Ferguson was born a world class football manager and never ever had to improve over time?

6). Some of the 'lack of interest' stuff for lower league clubs is frustrating. For example, not being able to get a parent club for Havant and Waterloo or having zero applicants for Head of Youth development two months in. Surely someone would try and wing it to get the job, even at a low level (or especially because of). I ended up finding a coach with 20 'working with youngsters' and hired him manually.

7). Match engine has been covered, graphically I like it, gameplay-wise I'm not too unhappy but the defending is pretty poor (even for such a lower league side).

As it stands, I feel like I'm playing an updated version of 2012 with a cooler GUI and a few token changes which have little or no effect on the bigger picture. If anyone has answers/comments on the above, get in touch.

In terms of the guys from SI - I think its great that you're asking for feedback and (hopefully) acting on it and I'm impressed with the level of presence on these forums. I just really really hope I've paid £30 for a new version of FM2013 which addresses the well documented and discussed frustrations of FM2012, rather than an updated version of something which I played to death, but was affected by the same issues I've raised above.

All the best.

DG

• Administrators
Don't think this is a bug but i still want to mention it :

I signed Sime Vrsaljko from Dinamo in my Man utd save. First i needed to appeal for his work permit, he was granted one, signed for my team and know he is unavailable because of in need of a WP..

I can only solve this by loan him out for a few seasons.. but if i had knew that.. i never signed him

Are you certain he got a work permit on appeal? Do you still have the news item - it may have stated that he didn't get a work permit but you could still sign him and then loan him out. We've had this reported on previous versions and that's often been the case. Let me know either way, thanks.

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by QWERTYOP viewpost-right.png

Erm... I'm not entirely sure how to break this to everyone.... :o

Rather than laugh I'm actually sorry I didn't think to suggest this for you. Just glad you can get up and running now! :thup:

You can add this to FAQ thread for future references.

• Administrators
Placed advert for under 18's manager, people apply, one even states he wants the job, i go to offer him contract, he tells me he's not currently interested. If thats the case, he wouldn't have applied. Game is pretty slow. Dunno what feature has been put in to cause that but thers a clear problem. Great idea to do this Beta testing with the public, excellent choice

Yeah something we're aware of, thanks for taking the time to raise it.

Also (again!) - the inability to keep job applications quiet when already employed is unrealistic. If everyone knew when everyone applied for another post, nobody would ever get poached or tapped up. I do like the fact that clubs wont offer you a job for non-personal reasons now though (such as excessive compensation).

another thing is matchday overview screen for fm-13 i'm overloaded with info, there is 9 different boxes i like the overview scren from previous fm where it would had possesion ref, stadium at the bottom, and then it had the scores with incidences-goals scorers red/yellow card and injuries as the main part

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=103712361

it was better when it simply had the box in the top left on fullscreen

Like this

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=103713425

I just lost the will to play this game.As soon as fm dont get patched or something, i will not start this game.

First..passing is extremely iflated..and you can have 700+ passes and 65% of possesion with every team you want..i took Roma and yes they have a background

of playing passing and possesion game, but i didnt expect that i will have all the time, playing agaisnt lower league teams and losing like 2-0 in friendly, when having

a 20shots on goal vs theirs 3 and so on..then playing agaisnt stronger opponent also the same stuff..

and now comes the best part, i was playing short passing + slow tempo for like 5games and having 700+ passes and 65+ possesion and didnt get me the result.After that

i switched to direct passing + quick tempo and things are the same..so then ive decided to go play contain style with counters and long balls..and hey, i actually had like 700+ passes and 65% possesion

and lost 1-0 to pescara from their only shot on a goal..pretty real i think..

second thing is that goalkeepers are ****..if your opponent have the attack through the middle and they decide to shot to the goal, the ball will get slow path and will be moving thru the middle and then suddenly

the ball will end in a goal..not back in the net but, i dont know how to call it, the ball just ripped the net and went to the stands...and ofcourse the gk is just standing there and not reacting at all..

And if you ever accidentally even manage to stop their attack from the mid, they've become Chuck Norris on the wing and actually score every time when they have ball on the side, crossing to the goal directly or crossing

inside to the players like martins who dont know how to play with the header really..

This is annoying, u cant even play and my question is what did the stuff on SI do..when they are building the game or what, did they actually test this or apparently not..

well i just had a shot from distance hit the post and stick to it. everyone seemed to pause and then my striker ran in and kicked it in???? what the...?

this must be the new ball physics we have been told about.

As long as it gets me a few goals i like it!

• Administrators
I just lost the will to play this game.As soon as fm dont get patched or something, i will not start this game.

First..passing is extremely iflated..and you can have 700+ passes and 65% of possesion with every team you want..i took Roma and yes they have a background

of playing passing and possesion game, but i didnt expect that i will have all the time, playing agaisnt lower league teams and losing like 2-0 in friendly, when having

a 20shots on goal vs theirs 3 and so on..then playing agaisnt stronger opponent also the same stuff..

and now comes the best part, i was playing short passing + slow tempo for like 5games and having 700+ passes and 65+ possesion and didnt get me the result.After that

i switched to direct passing + quick tempo and things are the same..so then ive decided to go play contain style with counters and long balls..and hey, i actually had like 700+ passes and 65% possesion

and lost 1-0 to pescara from their only shot on a goal..pretty real i think..

second thing is that goalkeepers are ****..if your opponent have the attack through the middle and they decide to shot to the goal, the ball will get slow path and will be moving thru the middle and then suddenly

the ball will end in a goal..not back in the net but, i dont know how to call it, the ball just ripped the net and went to the stands...and ofcourse the gk is just standing there and not reacting at all..

And if you ever accidentally even manage to stop their attack from the mid, they've become Chuck Norris on the wing and actually score every time when they have ball on the side, crossing to the goal directly or crossing

inside to the players like martins who dont know how to play with the header really..

This is annoying, u cant even play and my question is what did the stuff on SI do..when they are building the game or what, did they actually test this or apparently not..

It's a work in progress. Both the coding and QA team are aware of issues related to what you've said and were aware when the work in progress was released. We'd very much appreciate people just providing feedback rather than criticising us for releasing an unfinished product and declaring we never tested it. Thanks.

• Administrators
One question around the beta, are we supposed to give bug reports only with raw reports on the forum or do you work with bug trackers ? Or at least a form to fill to give pertinent infos on the problems ?

If you come across an issue we'd really appreciate you taking the time to raise it on the bugs forum here - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/291

Bug reporting guidelines can be found here - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/319073

I don't think the new training is that realistic. Setting the whole team to work on attacking feels like putting defenders' and the goalkeepers' attacking slider on high. Like getting them to train attacking one-on-ones every afternoon, which I doubt anyone does with their defense.

And about the UI - there should have been a way to set training focus for several players at once. For example 4 DC's on "Limited defender" with one click. Like we could put them on training schedule at once.

I fail to see how having an entire team working on attacking and a player giving up his defending training to do nothing but lift weights for 6 months is realistic.

And if either of you had read my reply properly where I state a lot of people have issues with it, threw my own "Hopefully" at the end or perhaps even read the thread in question you would have seen I was one of the most vocal against the training in this year's FM. What I gave a quick overview on was the SI line on the change.

• Administrators
also players have almost no stamina based on my assessment so far it's unlikely i'll be playing the full version

What do you mean they have no stamina? Is that in-game or between games? Are you giving players rest days via the training? Could you be a bit clearer with your feedback please? Thanks.

What do you mean they have no stamina? Is that in-game or between games? Are you giving players rest days via the training? Could you be a bit clearer with your feedback please? Thanks.
after a match most of my players condition is 60-70% it improves a bit IF they have high 18+ nat fitness, it seems unless they have a stamina of above 15 they are very tired after every match

after a match most of my players condition is 60-70% it improves a bit IF they have high 18+ nat fitness, it seems unless they have a stamina of above 15 they are very tired after every match

Just on the back of this - the in-game commentary is saying players are 'exhausted' when their fitness is still at 70%+. That's with players that aren't listed as needing a rest.

• Administrators

It depends on how intensive your tactics are (high tempo, direct football, lots of closing down etc). I'd suggst not pushing them so hard and they won't get as tired.

• Administrators
Just on the back of this - the in-game commentary is saying players are 'exhausted' when their fitness is still at 70%+. That's with players that aren't listed as needing a rest.

I'd say the phrasing is probably wrong, worth raising this here so we can investigate - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/296-Match-Engine-3D-and-Team-Talks

Apologies if these issues have already been raised but there are two things that are really bugging me:

1) I allow my Assistant to take charge of pre-season friendlies but I like to check the result and see how people played. When I click on the result, it now loads up as if I want to watch the highlights and I can't find the Overview and Player Stats tabs. On previous FMs it would take you to the Overview screen and you could then choose to view highlights if you wished.

2) I have created 2 tactics on my save (442 and 451) and I before a game I set my tactic to 451. When I get to the team talk I notice that my tactic is set to 442, so I change it to 451 before the game starts. At half-time, my tactic is 442 again! How can I set this to stay as I chose? Very frustrating.

Any feedback much appreciated.

• Administrators
BUG: The same since 2010, my defender score more goals from corners than my striker (first season: 40 games/24 goals).

Please, once and for all, FIX THE PROBLEM!!.

Please raise it in our match engine forum - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/296-Match-Engine-3D-and-Team-Talks

If you could raise what specific instructions you're using then we can look into this further. Thanks.

Second post, but the game should also automatically resume after you've made changes on the 'Advanced Tactics' screen and confirmed them, as it has done with all previous FMs. Having to press Space/click Play after making tactical changes that you've already confirmed is a little annoying.

There are no plans to do so at this stage, but given how easy it potentially is to do via Steam I wouldn't totally rule it out. Thanks.

Surely rolling updates would be a good idea so any quick fixes you find can be mass tested and get quick feedback one way or the other. I know it might interfere with people's saves with constant changes, but this is beta testing after all.

Playing the Beta right now, hence my posts as I think of/see stuff that's worth mentioning.

Just tried to hire a new Ass/Man as my current AM is pretty poor. Found a decent guy listed under Ass/Man's in staff search, went to offer him the role but he (for some reason) wanted the under 18's manager job. I changed the drop down to Ass/Man, but none of the 'interest indicators' changed. When I clicked on 'offer contract' the guy went into a strop because 'we were too far apart'.

Firstly, why are people capable of (or already performing) Ass/Man roles wanting ridiculous demotions and secondly, as a suggestion, could we please get some sort of real-time/click to update indication of interest? I don't really fancy guessing what contract everyone wants for the rest of the game.

Playing the Beta right now, hence my posts as I think of/see stuff that's worth mentioning.

Just tried to hire a new Ass/Man as my current AM is pretty poor. Found a decent guy listed under Ass/Man's in staff search, went to offer him the role but he (for some reason) wanted the under 18's manager job. I changed the drop down to Ass/Man, but none of the 'interest indicators' changed. When I clicked on 'offer contract' the guy went into a strop because 'we were too far apart'.

Just on the off chance, this might not be an issue. A U-18s/Reserve manager is in charge of an actual team/squad and this might appeal to people more than just being the assistant to someone else. Personally I'd much rather be a U-18s/Reserve manager and work with a manager than just being his assistant without any chance of learning/dealing with a team situation.

• Administrators

Firstly, why are people capable of (or already performing) Ass/Man roles wanting ridiculous demotions and secondly, as a suggestion, could we please get some sort of real-time/click to update indication of interest? I don't really fancy guessing what contract everyone wants for the rest of the game.

When you offer a non-player a role, on the right hand-side panel (information panel) it states 'Job Interest' which will give you an idea of how interested he is in the role.

Just on the off chance, this might not be an issue. A U-18s/Reserve manager is in charge of an actual team/squad and this might appeal to people more than just being the assistant to someone else. Personally I'd much rather be a U-18s/Reserve manager and work with a manager than just being his assistant without any chance of learning/dealing with a team situation.

Fair point :)

I still reckon I could have got him as an Ass/Man though if I'd been able to see what contract he realistically wanted - especially as he was currently unemployed.

-For the player search when I scroll down and click on a player then go back to the player search it's re-scrolled to the top. very annoying.

-Clicking the "view club" button from the squad page seems to freeze the game for a few seconds/takes ages.

-Are the (seemingly much higher) prices actually realistic selling prices?

-There seem to be some unrealistic targets which clearly shouldn't be.

-Has anyone found a use for their director of football yet? Do we need a "keeps paper clip numbers under close supervision" on the staff responsibilities page?

Archived